Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Like ALL other plastic, striker fired guns, it's a poor substitute for a Glock!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh. I have two Glocks. They're not all that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Great beater gun to allow the safe queens to stay clean.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an XD .40 service. One of the originals, right after Springfield purchased them. I had the rust issues. Sent in the side and had it OD green to match the frame. Springfield didn't charge a thing.
I think this was also the batch that had the frame rails crack. Sent it in for that.  
Sent about 10,000 reloads down range. Now it sits in the safe.
I did try to sell it during covid,  the dealer said he was embarrassed to give me a price.  $150. It's still in the safe. W/ 3 org mags and 5 after markets, and 1,000rds.

I started shooting 9mm pistols.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
7000+ rounds with no problems. 5" slide. It's a beast and a 40.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Compared to the XD, the glock perfection thing seems plausible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If they didn't have a grip safety I'd probably had gotten at least one when they were sub $400. I don't like the grip safety
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had my XD40 Service for about 20 years. It has had 1 malfunction that I can think of while shooting. When my brother in law was like 13 he limp wristed it. I corrected his grip and stance and that was it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Had an XD40 and it always went bang, no FTFs, FTEs, or any other malfunctions I can remeber.

I didnt mind it ( except for the grip safety) but in the end it was logistics. Just one more platform to buy holsters and mags for. I traded it off unceremoniously for an Encom MKV.

I would buy another if I could find one as cheap as I have other used police trade ins I.E. Glock, M&P, FNS. Rhey are good solid pistols, just not my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#12]
People used to bag on the XD because it was fun then Springfield stepped on their root and all the grief they get since is deserved. It’s a good gun though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why does no one talk about the Springfield XD series?  Are they junk?

Everyone talks about Glocks, SW MP series, P320s, etc.

Pretty much no one mentions the Springfield XD series.  Are they junk?  Do they fall apart after 1000 rounds, where glocks can go 50k-100k?
View Quote

Here's a whole area of the forum where XD....XDm...Xds are all discussed.

ttps://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Springfield/34/

It's not discussed frequently in GD because the owners don't need a daily affirmation to justify the ownership of a particular make or model.
Nor do they seek the attention/post counts that others seek by posting in GD.

FWIW....when I was  shooting  alot of IDPA and USPSA, (and various other matches)
the 1st gen XD (9mm/.45), and the XDm 5.25 (.45) I currently own  were just as good as any of my G34, G35 or G41 Glocks I  own for the same purpose.

It took some time for the aftermarket to catch up...but they are very good guns in a stock configuration, even better with some aftermarket mods.

But your question that they would fall apart after 1000rds is leading me to believe your trolling....or just completely ignorant of the platform.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pretty much no one mentions the Springfield XD series.  Are they junk?  Do they fall apart after 1000 rounds, where glocks can go 50k-100k?
View Quote

Ultimately, the XD's are Glocks with a higher bore axis. They work fine, but ultimately it's a foreign manufactured gun that isn't any better than anything here already, including the Austrian thing made in Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Got an XD and XDS in 9mm. They go bang ever time and are accurate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#16]
They don't get talked about because despite what people here will say about not caring about what a gun looks like, they look terrible so no one buys them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I run a Xdm 5.25 with a springer precision trigger for 3 gun better trigger than my zev tech glock 34
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I think they’re ugly and I hate the company that makes them.

I shot a friend’s XD in .45 (not sure which model) and it had one of the worst triggers I’ve ever felt in a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife's and my father's XDs have been dead nuts reliable. I'm still on the hunt for an XDM 525 in 40 locally. I love competition sized guns.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like my xd tac in 45.
View Quote

This.

One of my best shooting guns.

I've never understood the XD hate. Mine is pre grip zone though!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck Springfield.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a XDM 40 that is very reliable.   Has a powder river trigger and some upgraded sights.  Very good shooting gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't hear many complaints about them aside from early on when people realized they were Croatian imports (not sure if they still are or not).  That calmed down and they sold well until SA got busted hiring an anti 2A lobbying company to play state politics and lost a ton of customers.  They got spanked pretty bad and turned themselves around.  Pre-XD, SA was probably surviving on life support because all they really sold were expensive 1911s and M14 clones.   The 1911 market years ago was flooded and not many people wanted a .308/7.62x51 expensive range toy.  Even worse for SA was the AWB expired in 2004 and most companies went with cheaper AR10 style 7.62 NATO rifles that people were more familiar with, looked more modern and were a lot less expensive.  Compound that with Ruger having the Mini 14 which offered a classic looking firearm for those who appreciated that sort of thing, lower recoil with the 5.56 chambering and ammo was much cheaper.  People who hunt wanted nothing to do with a .308 chambered iron sight combat rifle clone as there were better cartridges and platforms. I think they may have gotten a contract for "modernized" M14s without the giggle switch and some railz and that kept them a bit from drowning as well (could be totally wrong on this).  The giggle switches on .mil M14s were removed decades ago because it was terrible in FA, but were still in arms rooms.  IMO, SA pretty much saved themselves with the XD as nobody outside paid shills in gun mags and proud safe queen owners wanted an "Operator"  or "SOCOM" 1911 or M14 clone.  Not going to argue with the quality as they were probably really nice M14 clones and 1911s, but probably not a good business model.

All that being said, I'm most likely going to get a Hellcat.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a bunch of hanguns. Sigs. A couple of Glocks, including a Gen 5 G-19, a17,  a bunch of 1911’s, you name it.

I’ve got an XD Mod 2 subcompact in .45 that to me is the best and finest handgun I have.

I reckon it’s all in what you like. I’ve never seen it FTF, it’s smooth, and I feel safer with the grip safety. The only thing I don’t like about it is that silly “Grip Zone” crap written on it
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#25]
My second poly frame auto was an XD40 tactical. Easy shooter very reliable. Sold it when I got out of .40.

9mm XDm Gen 1 bought used.  Two tone. Great gun.

XDm 45 with Bar-Sto threaded barrel. Works good and fits my hand better than the FNP 45 it replaced and better than a G4 large frame.

Aftermarket is limited and expensive is the main downside for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Especially a grip safety, even Browning didn't want on the 1911.   Get real dude?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have all the features out of the box glock wishes it had from the start

Especially a grip safety, even Browning didn't want on the 1911.   Get real dude?!

O I’m serious. Everybody makes a better polymer striker fired pistol then glock. Glock hasn’t gotten with the times and is stuck in the 80s.
Beretta, CZ, Springfield, S&W, IWI, sig, HK and Ruger, all make a better out of the box plastic firearm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I miss my XDm 9mm. I liked it a lot. Can't really justify buying one now because I have a Masada 9mm and a Glock 19X.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a “sub compact” XD9. I shoot it very well but it’s my son’s favorite and I’m giving it to him. Works fine, no complaints except Springfield’s politics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I have several,haters gonna hate fuck em as far as the pistols they are GTG
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen more reports of Glocks exploding than I have XD's. Just saying.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#31]
The two we have in our house have been reliable and accurate although they don't have a bunch of rounds through them. My buddy shoots his alot and he never has any issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A lot of instructors were reporting seeing issues with student's xds.

I don't think they really saw serious adoption by military or police, which tells you a lot.
View Quote

I might just take the opposite view in that if a PD didn't pick it or the military it might be the best of the bunch.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Not a bad pistol at all actually. Originally they were offered in a lot more calibers, .45 GAP, .357 SIG, and .40 S&W to name a few. I think the .45 GAP version is probably the most rare.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Not junk in my opinion.  Buy and shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I didn’t read anything anyone posted because I don’t care what they said.

I probably own 20 glocks but I own a couple of xdm’s with the xdm elite being my favorite of the two. I really like Springfield but I still like glocks better.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Block bois will say how bad they are with their fully supported chambers and conventional rifling that can shoot lead and have good accuracy, better than combat accuracy in fact, and are inexpensive.  Totally horrible I tell you.  Only weak point is the roll pin in the slide that holds the firing pin in. Dry firing without a snap cap can lead to breakage. There’s a special roll pin that’s much better available.  
 I have 2 XDMs and an XDS.  Not a single hiccup from any of them.  There’s guys with tens of thousands of rounds in their XD guns without a problem.  I’m not afraid of buying more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I carry a XDs 9mm often. I like it just fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have 2 XDs and 1 XDM.

I am very proficient with all. Prefer the XDM over my FN 509.

I just wish I could find a barrel conversion for the XDM .40 to switch to 10mm.
View Quote

The 10mm is made off the 45acp variant of the XDM so they can’t convert the 40 to 10mm
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A lot of instructors were reporting seeing issues with student's xds.

I don't think they really saw serious adoption by military or police, which tells you a lot.
View Quote

Everyone says that but like a lot of other models, there’s never documentation
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Carry an XDm 45 every day.
View Quote

I've carried an XD40 for the past 16 years.

In the same Blackhawk Serpa.

Hate me!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Love my XDm10.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Glock makes a good gun, but "Perfection"????  

I shoot Glocks, M&Ps & the XDM.  All go BANG and make holes where the sights are pointed.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#44]
No thx.  My first pistol was an XD9 back in 2007.  Got rid of it soon after to a buddy on here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I enjoyed the ones I've owned. The recoil is snappier than in comparable Glocks, but otherwise no complaints. I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact that they seem be goober magnets (SKS style).
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I own an early XD9, an XD40, XDm45 and XDm45-Tactical for use with my SiCo Octane. All have run flawlessly. The 9mm has over 9k rounds down range, the others not much but no problems so far. They are well-built, reliable firearms. If you don’t like grip safeties or you feel a need to sit with the cool kids, then buy something else.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have no doubt they go bang when they should. I don't promote Springfield after what they did within IL political machine.
View Quote

This is the only reason I won't own anything Springfield
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#48]
my nightstand gun is a XD40 with a Streamlight TLR1

was a police trade in from sportsmans outdoor superstore and it was rated as  good.. but I got it and it looked perfect.  was $300.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like my xd tac in 45.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have no doubt they go bang when they should. I don't promote Springfield after what they did within IL political machine.
View Quote

F Springfield for transgressions
I would rather give my money to a company that supports its cause.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top