Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/5/2021 1:41:58 AM EDT
Why doesn't McDonald's make a Hot Dog?

Seems easy and profitable enough. Right?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Costco has them beat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard they used to.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Even McDonald’s has standards
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard they used to.
View Quote

They did, and pizza too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I don’t think they would sell… the “cheeseburgers” are engineered to taste the way they do. A real cheeseburger tastes better. Even if using the same ingredients cheap bun shit meat and the rest. An engineered hotdog….probably puke worthy using mcds available flavors.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They already put the lips, tits, and assholes in their hamburgers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:47:20 AM EDT
[#7]
You'd probably need a whole new cooking system.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Burger King did um a few years ago
They were awesome , but guess not popular enough
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:50:08 AM EDT
[#9]
It'd be so nasty.

related, I saw the ad for Wendy's new fries (they suck) but made me realize McD's fries are exactly the same from when I was kid.  I can't remember them being anything else.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Fear of blitzkrieg from Der Wienerschnitzel
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#11]
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.
I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm thankful for Steak & Shake hot dogs.  Hits the spot when I get the odd, rare craving for a hot dog and saves me from buying a pack of them at the grocery.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I don’t believe their as of late target audience eat many hot dogs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]
They used too

If it doesnt sell! It don't stay on the menu
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It'd be so nasty.

related, I saw the ad for Wendy's new fries (they suck) but made me realize McD's fries are exactly the same from when I was kid.  I can't remember them being anything else.
View Quote

They were a lot better when I was a kid.  They were fried in beef fat if I'm not mistaken.  I just know they were better.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#16]
McDonalds used to do more things - but at some point you realize that there is more profit in doing less.  With less on your menu you have less supplies to manage, less cooking to manage, etc...  The real question is would a hot dog add any to there sales to cover those costs.  There are already a few good hotdog fast food places - Sonic is managing it well.  But McDonalds would be hard pressed to become a destination for hot dogs.

Now what is missing is a fresh corndog - but the only places that have done that were dedicated to corndogs.  It is not cost effective to put that equipment in, especially since they have a shitty shelf life once fried, so you have to have a great turn over do do it fast.  If not, then it is a 15+ minute wait and nobody waits 15 minutes for fast food.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:00:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They were a lot better when I was a kid.  They were fried in beef fat if I'm not mistaken.  I just know they were better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'd be so nasty.

You're right...they were fried in beef tallow.....not anymore...now it's canola oil or whatever bullshit they use now.....the apple pies used to be fried too but noooooo....fast food has to be healthy...
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#18]
They would be competing with every 7-11, Wawa and Circle K in the neighborhood.

Then again, no gas station offers burgers, shakes, french fries or fried hot apple pies...

My guess is that it's because it is difficult to make a hot dog distinctive - i.e., make your hot dog stand out from everyone else's hot dog.

Also, pork is repulsive to certain ethnic groups - which is one reason why the McRib is only available intermittently.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:07:30 AM EDT
[#19]
At the time McDonalds was trying to compete with Dog n Suds. "Compete" isn't exactly it. More like kill Dog n Suds. So they tried hot dogs,didn't work. McDonalds  doesn't do root beer either.
Of course Dog n Suds is all but gone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#20]
They havent figured out how to fuck up a hotdog yet
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Sonic shrank their corn dogs a while back, the bastards.    I assume they shrank their hot dogs as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:16:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Who wants to pay $8.72 for a hot dog fries and a drink?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don’t think they would sell… the “cheeseburgers” are engineered to taste the way they do. A real cheeseburger tastes better. Even if using the same ingredients cheap bun shit meat and the rest. An engineered hotdog….probably puke worthy using mcds available flavors.
View Quote

but hot dogs are so cheap you dont even need to mess with them
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.
I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#25]
McD founder Ray Kroc forbid hot dogs because he believed the ingredients were unhygienic. After his death they tried to introduce hot dogs but it never connected with the customers who came for the burgers
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:18:49 AM EDT
[#26]
A hot dog might cost more than the meat substance the already sell.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#27]
McDonald's is so low tier, they get their water from Flint, MI.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's old copy pasta.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:21:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sonic shrank their corn dogs a while back, the bastards.    I assume they shrank their hot dogs as well.
View Quote
It's everywhere.
I noticed the other day that state fair frozen corn dogs magically went from like 240 calories to 180
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#31]
(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#32]
(Removed)
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It'd be so nasty.

View Quote

You’re a pup.

McDonald’s went from beef tallow to some veggie oil in 1986 for fries.

That took them from 9.9 to 6.0
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#34]
(Removed)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'd be so nasty.

Correct
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#37]
(Removed)didn’t see the mayo thread but I imagine this has to be similar.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You’re a pup.

View Quote

Ah, so I was 2 years old when they changed them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It'd be so nasty.

View Quote

no way, MCD changed their fries somewhere around 2000
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#40]
McDog bitches.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:38:28 AM EDT
[#41]
As disgusting as mcdonalds burger "meat" is I don't want to imagine how bad a mcds hotdog would be

Guaranteed to be the cheapest item on the value menu...by $.16
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#42]
I always assumed it was because there was no safe equivalent of the Hamburglar for a hotdog.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:59:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I always assumed it was because there was no safe equivalent of the Hamburglar for a hotdog.
View Quote

Holy Schiff, thanks for the laugh!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I just wish McDonald's would serve onion rings. I mean, c'mon, man! What kind of shitty 2-bit burger joint doesn't serve onion rings?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:01:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
McDog bitches.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just wish McDonald's would serve onion rings. I mean, c'mon, man! What kind of shitty 2-bit burger joint doesn't serve onion rings?
View Quote

The same one that doesn't serve tater tots.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

(Removed)?
View Quote

This is the Arfcom I know and love, men acting like men.

Nice job sir, not kidding.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The same one that doesn't serve tater tots.
View Quote

What are you 4 years old? Tater tots are for kids. Onion rings are grown up vittles.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#49]
(Removed)
Lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You’re a pup.

View Quote

I remember eating those scalding hot bastards and dipping them in my chocolate shake when I was just a wee lad.

After they changed to veggie oil, they were not nearly as good.

Why does everything have to get ruined?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top