[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More fellow gun enthusiasts….
View Quote

OP glo so brite.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The whole " sporting purpose" thing. Full auto doesn't have a "sporting purpose"
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome, fellow gun enthusiast!
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I remind you it's been ruled you can have too HIGH of an IQ to be an officer. We don't want anyone able to think for themselves now do we?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you score on your civil service test? Are they scraping that far down the barrel these days?

I remind you it's been ruled you can have too HIGH of an IQ to be an officer. We don't want anyone able to think for themselves now do we?

I stand corrected... carry on Special Agent OP Glowie
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you fully trust everyone else here including moderators just because they have been on the forum for years to over a decade and that there is no way that they could be a government agent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol....keep on digging.

you see its like this....no one believes that your intentions are honest.

you fully trust everyone else here including moderators just because they have been on the forum for years to over a decade and that there is no way that they could be a government agent.

Seriously dude, just leave and recycle your user ID and try harder next time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Because they are effective for some things. The gov wants a monopoly on being able to do those things in order to enhance control/power.

Whether it's guns or other equipment, the gov ALWAYS wants the citizens to have dumbed-down, less effective versions. It's all for that same reason.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't take you seriously when you post that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Machine guns are overrated unless it is a MP5 or Tommy Gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]
OP your future is so bright, I got to wear shades.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is not just here in the US the majority of countries heavily regulate machine guns for decades , I never understood the reasoning behind it.
They are in fact, less effective than semi auto only counterparts in actually defending yourself against attackers then mag dumping in their direction.
It just shoots faster than semi auto's that is the only difference no difference in lethality just more likely to overheat gun and waste ammo.
View Quote

Got nothing to do with rate of fire, lethality, or anything else like that.

Its very simple, when banning things by death by 1000 cuts, you go for the easier target first. That gets case law on the books that the government has the right to regulate then you slowly but surely whittle things down.
Machine guns were just an easy target because people are stupid, watch way to much TV and was something they could win over voters easily with. Same things with back ground checks, because people who can pass a background check have nothing to fear, right?
Then you get into registrations, banning "toys" (bump stocks, braces etc), banning certain ammo types (Russia is evil, you don't *need* AP rounds) etc. etc.

and then of course you need the right timing. Right (party) by the name of the person doing the banning will get a lot of people coming around. Look at all the mental gymnastics people do here whenever the right (R) suggests more gun control. But it has to be the right person at the right time.

this isn't limited to the 2A. The model has been used very effectively on the 1st and the 4th as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Truth be told, I think it is incidental.

I will grant that after the Bonus Army the .gov may have had a little bit of worry in their mind about what if those guys had meant real business and armed themselves with the various arms they brought back from WWI.

But I think the simpler answer is that the have such a hard on for machineguns because they have been the most successfully vilified guns.  They had an oppurtunity in the 30's to ban them based on the fear mongering they were able to perpetuate with the result of their own prohibition laws. Dont forget that the NFA of 34 was meant to ban handguns too.

Since then, "everyone knows machineguns are illegal". Media helped reinforce that trope.

Now, they hold on to that because they have been the most successful at defending it. There is a reason the Hearing Protection Act was able to get anywhere close to reality.  Silencers got the same treatment ("they're illegal") but not to the same extent as machineguns.

And now that is a hill that the ATF and whomever else is going to use to see how much more they can control.

Thus: I think MGs were just the low hanging fruit they could vilify the best and now they will not let go of that control.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
They hate to see us having fun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back at ya.

Calling Norcal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Knee jerk reaction to a point.

Lack of readily available precision rifles and accurate return fire to combat the gangsters of the 20’s

Everybody else followed suit.
View Quote

Imagine if you will, being a cop on a lone stretch of highway when you notice someone exceeding the posted speed limit and swirving in and out of the lanes, so you initiate. a stop

Nkw at this point in the story you may be asking yourself what’s so uppity about this whole thing anyways? Sounds like something that happens every day across America.

Well in this America the National Firearms Act was never passed.
Bubba jean runs the plates and the vehicle comes back clean, before exiting his vehicle he packs a big cope under his lip and grabs his night stick, as Bubba walks over, he slides it into his belt bedore pulling up his pants by the belt loops as he struts over.
After traveling about 6 feet from his car the OTHER cars door opens.
Bubba stops and holds out his hand,

“Now you close that door and remain inside, Boy!”  He says, but thats not what happened on that day in 2021 America.

The first thing bubba notices is pure white aand amazingly clean sneakers slip out of the vehicle, followed by what could only be categorized as a giant chia pet under a bug hat with a massive feather in it.
He was a tall gangly black man, a cigar in his mouth, a big pimp hat with a long white feather hanging out the back of it, his shirt and pants appeared to be a dark red colored spandex. It was hard to notice the barrel of his tommy gun swinging out from behind his leg while taking in this mans ridiculous costume, but he saw it, and as Bubba turned and dove back to his car, one hand on his cowboy hat and the other holding uo his pants, his mouth hanging alightly open with that big pile of chew tucked in his lip he made it behind his door, drawing his revolver as the black man pulled and held down the trigger.
What followed was a torrent of bullets impacting everything from the dirt to the windshield, broken glass was everywhere, all Bubba could hear was bullets impacting everywhere, he felt a pain in his side and windered if he’d been hit.
Bubba knows he will probably advance holding down the trigger in that tommy gun, so he jumps up with light ing speed and fires a single shot into the head of the Pimp with his old service recolver.

Just goes to show how coppers dont need anything other than a revolver, because they know how to shoot.
I think we all want to live in an America that is that free.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I read a lot of comments saying semi is usually preferable to full...I hope that's true, because one side has FA and one side largely does not. Sounds like the kind of thing we say to make ourselves feel better about oppression.

Sigh...to be rich, eh?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Penis envy - full auto firearms were the first firearms to have a "compensator"; i.e., a phallically symbolic overall appearance which became inexorably linked to all full auto firearms through psycho-sexual transference.

Disclaimer:  I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist, but I did take four psychology courses in college.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Low hanging fruit.

They want them all, MGs are just a logical place to start.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]
The secret ingredient is crime.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I read a lot of comments saying semi is usually preferable to full...I hope that's true, because one side has FA and one side largely does not. Sounds like the kind of thing we say to make ourselves feel better about oppression.

Sigh...to be rich, eh?
View Quote

I find that to be largely BS.  Otherwise militaries wouldn't use full auto weapons.  Yes an assault rifle set on semi is more controllable and accurate than a full auto one fired by someone with no training that just sprays and prays.

A belt fed machine gun is much more more deadly and effective than a semi belt fed clone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We only do semi-fully automatic with shoulder things that go up here pal!
View Quote

Fully semi automatic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Repo Man Last Scene with The Plugz Reel Ten
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Greetings and salutations, fellow firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys sure love to point the finger and post glow picture memes, perhaps that is a common textbook tactic to insulate yourselves from being found out what your accusing me of being.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I find that to be largely BS.  Otherwise militaries wouldn't use full auto weapons.  Yes an assault rifle set on semi is more controllable and accurate than a full auto one fired by someone with no training that just sprays and prays.

A belt fed machine gun is much more more deadly and effective than a semi belt fed clone.
View Quote

Yeah.... I've noticed that some people seem to be turning the NFA into sour grapes. It isn't enough for full-auto to have limited roles where it is useful, it has to be completely useless in all possible scenarios.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys sure love to point the finger and post glow picture memes, perhaps that is a common textbook tactic to insulate yourselves from being found out what your accusing me of being.
View Quote

It is what the dims do...
Its always about 2 things power and money, they gained both by banning machine guns.
That's all I got...
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been here for 21 years, have served as a moderator, met many of these fine men and women in person, purchased a lifetime membership to help maintain the economic viability of the site... do you really think I give a shit whether YOU can take me seriously?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is what the dims do...
Its always about 2 things power and money, they gained both by banning machine guns.
That's all I got...
View Quote

There was a study I read that most politicians are actually psychopaths who crave having ultimate power so that makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Teach you that at Quantico?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#31]
It's much harder to oppress a population if they have roughly the same level of armaments as the wannabe oppressors. History is littered with numerous examples proving this point. Gun control has always been about keeping the deck stacked in favor of a particular group.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Indiscriminate suppressive fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Imagine if you will, being a cop on a lone stretch of highway when you notice someone exceeding the posted speed limit and swirving in and out of the lanes, so you initiate. a stop

Nkw at this point in the story you may be asking yourself what’s so uppity about this whole thing anyways? Sounds like something that happens every day across America.

Bubba jean runs the plates and the vehicle comes back clean, before exiting his vehicle he packs a big cope under his lip and grabs his night stick, as Bubba walks over, he slides it into his belt bedore pulling up his pants by the belt loops as he struts over.

“Now you close that door and remain inside, Boy!”  He says, but thats not what happened on that day in 2021 America.

The first thing bubba notices is pure white aand amazingly clean sneakers slip out of the vehicle, followed by what could only be categorized as a giant chia pet under a bug hat with a massive feather in it.
He was a tall gangly black man, a cigar in his mouth, a big pimp hat with a long white feather hanging out the back of it, his shirt and pants appeared to be a dark red colored spandex. It was hard to notice the barrel of his tommy gun swinging out from behind his leg while taking in this mans ridiculous costume, but he saw it, and as Bubba turned and dove back to his car, one hand on his cowboy hat and the other holding uo his pants, his mouth hanging alightly open with that big pile of chew tucked in his lip he made it behind his door, drawing his revolver as the black man pulled and held down the trigger.
What followed was a torrent of bullets impacting everything from the dirt to the windshield, broken glass was everywhere, all Bubba could hear was bullets impacting everywhere, he felt a pain in his side and windered if he’d been hit.
Bubba knows he will probably advance holding down the trigger in that tommy gun, so he jumps up with light ing speed and fires a single shot into the head of the Pimp with his old service recolver.

Just goes to show how coppers dont need anything other than a revolver, because they know how to shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knee jerk reaction to a point.

Lack of readily available precision rifles and accurate return fire to combat the gangsters of the 20’s

Everybody else followed suit.

I've got the weirdest boner right now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Is he suppressing coppers ... Or cows???
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#35]
It all comes down to Mao Zedong's famous aporism:

Communists do not fight for personal military power (they must in no circumstances do that, and let no one ever again follow the example of Chang Kuo-tao), but they must fight for military power for the Party, for military power for the people.

As a national war of resistance is going on, we must also fight for military power for the nation. Where there is naivete on the question of military power, nothing whatsoever can be achieved. It is very difficult for the labouring people, who have been deceived and intimidated by the reactionary ruling classes for thousands of years, to awaken to the importance of having guns in their own hands.

Now that Japanese imperialist oppression and the nation-wide resistance to it have pushed our labouring people into the arena of war, Communists should prove themselves the most politically conscious leaders in this war.

Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party.

Yet, having guns, we can create Party organizations, as witness the powerful Party organizations which the Eighth Route Army has created in northern China.

We can also create cadres, create schools, create culture, create mass movements.

Everything in Yenan has been created by having guns.

All things grow out of the barrel of a gun.

According to the Marxist theory of the state, the army is the chief component of state power. Whoever wants to seize and retain state power must have a strong army.

Some people ridicule us as advocates of the "omnipotence of war". Yes, we are advocates of the omnipotence of revolutionary war; that is good, not bad, it is Marxist.

The guns of the Russian Communist Party created socialism. We shall create a democratic republic.

Experience in the class struggle in the era of imperialism teaches us that it is only by the power of the gun that the working class and the labouring masses can defeat the armed bourgeoisie and landlords; in this sense we may say that only with guns can the whole world be transformed.

We are advocates of the abolition of war, we do not want war; but war can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.
View Quote

Effectively, without guns; the political elite aren't actually really threatened by the proletariat masses.

Yes, I know that random LOW LEVEL politicians can still be killed with edged or blunt weapons, such as MP Sir David Amess in the UK recently.

But any halfway competent security detail can derail such attempts.

The reason they want to restrict firearms is that firearms make a security detail's job massively harder, and in order to counter them effectively, you have to go to absurd levels.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Much death. Many bullets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've been here for 21 years, have served as a moderator, met many of these fine men and women in person, purchased a lifetime membership to help maintain the economic viability of the site... do you really think I give a shit whether YOU can take me seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I stand corrected... carry on Special Agent OP Glowie

seriously dude, just leave and recycle your user ID and try harder next time.

Teach you that at Quantico?

These are what you posted to me, anyone who is on this forum who gets responses like that from you or anyone wont take you seriously or as credible either as it is completely ridiculous and baseless horseshit meant to incite a negative response.
You could be on this forum for 50 years that still doesn't make up for the fact what you posted to me is complete nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
An armed populace is incompatible with a police state.
View Quote

And a machine gun is a tyrants worst nightmare.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Simple really. Back in the hey day of gangsters machine guns were pretty popular among shitbags like Al Capone. The government then much like today for what ever reasons refused to address the real problem. They had to do something to make the average simple minded American think they were doing something to solve the problem. So they just took their normal position and found something to make illegal. Back then just like today, the only people affected by it are law abiding sheep.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Simple really. Back in the hey day of gangsters machine guns were pretty popular among shitbags like Al Capone. The government then much like today for what ever reasons refused to address the real problem. They had to do something to make the average simple minded American think they were doing something to solve the problem. So they just took their normal position and found something to make illegal. Back then just like today, the only people affected by it are law abiding sheep.
View Quote

perfectly stated.  They didn't get rid of machine guns, only made them illegal.  Who's the only person that cares about what's legal and what's illegal? - the person intent on not breaking the law.

*eta: I'm way oversimplifying the actual law to illustrate a point, don't quote the text of GCA and NFA for me
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]
The whole notion that semi auto fire is actually better than automatic fire is bullshit. It’s just safer for the people around you. They don’t have automatic weapons as a centerpiece of small unit tactics for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It all comes down to Mao Zedong's famous aporism:

Effectively, without guns; the political elite aren't actually really threatened by the proletariat masses.

Yes, I know that random LOW LEVEL politicians can still be killed with edged or blunt weapons, such as MP Sir David Amess in the UK recently.

But any halfway competent security detail can derail such attempts.

The reason they want to restrict firearms is that firearms make a security detail's job massively harder, and in order to counter them effectively, you have to go to absurd levels.
View Quote

Good explanation
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Subguns and belt-feds are game changers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I come from AKfiles

What's your handle there? I also reside there.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485801/Screenshot_20211019-103823_Chrome_jpg-2135891.JPG

DID OP ANSWER THIS ??? I DON'T SEE IT
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Guns are icky..

Machine guns are scary!

...but flame throwers?  Those make me feel funny down "there"!

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#46]
JOHNNY RIVERS - Secret Agent Man 1966
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Good explanation
View Quote

Machine guns aren't magical objects that kill umpty people. What they are are force multipliers.

Consider the St Valentine's day massacre.

You had seven hoodlums in a street gang; known toughs, all detained by four men dressed as police officers.

The use of machine guns allowed the killers to split up with two of the four acting as lookouts, leaving just two shooters.

If they had done a traditional gangland execution with pistols, the odds would have been 7 against 2, making it very dangerous for the shooters; and some victims would have escaped.

As it is, with a 20 round box magazine and 50 round drum on the Thompsons, all of the targets got shot in seconds; with the only survivor -- Frank Gusenberg taking 14 bullet wounds.

Additionally, look at the ambush of Bonnie and Clyde, where the police used the first really reliable semi auto rifle with high capacity magazines - the Remington Model 8 modified to take special police only 20 round box magazines -- they basically emptied both Model 8's into the oncoming car, then emptied shotguns and then pistols before moving in on Bonnie and Clyde.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

These are what you posted to me, anyone who is on this forum who gets responses like that from you or anyone wont take you seriously or as credible either as it is completely ridiculous and baseless horseshit meant to incite a negative response.
You could be on this forum for 50 years that still doesn't make up for the fact what you posted to me is complete nonsense.
View Quote

I’ll leave it to a jury of my peers… which you are not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
  What was a hog doing in your underwear and boots?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did a half a mag dump on 8-10 hogs from around 40 yards at night and didn't make one hit.

Two nights ago I killed a hog at 250 yards in my underwear and boots with a 308.
  What was a hog doing in your underwear and boots?
Cuz the fucker didn't dress himself.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top