Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go find the sluttiest pic of TayTay or the pic where she's glamorizing drugs or alcohol and report back.

Then let's compare that to, shit I don't know, any other contemporary pop star.

I think I'd be much happier with my kids wanting to dress and act like Taylor Swift than Britney Spears.
View Quote

Yeah weird thing to get worked up about

I’m still laughing at a grown as woman having a Tay tay party
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This isn't about me. I don't think about Taylor Swift. As mentioned my youngest was carrying around a fucking cutout. I know the fucking GD white knight brigade loves her for some reason but this wasn't me lashing out at Taylor Swift. I didn't bring it up.

I don't really care what basement dwellers do. There doesn't seem to be any real attempt by any of the white knighters to defend any of my points (talentless, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, was NOT a point I made in why she's a bad role model).
View Quote

Just trying to follow the logic...

You don't think of Swift, but you made a thread about her.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think most fathers hope their daughters don't spend over a decade in an unfortunate "dating phase" actually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yikes dude.  you are DEFINITELY thinking about it too hard lol.  Doesn't everyone go through a dating phase in their 20's / early 30's?

Swift may have some issues but she's 99.99999% better than all the other singers out there today in terms of being a role model for younger children.  Just be thankful your kids aren't into emo or some shit.

Also, I'm pretty sure she writes all her own stuff and gave a big middle finger to big industry, so no idea how you can call her talentless.
I think most fathers hope their daughters don't spend over a decade in an unfortunate "dating phase" actually.

As a father with a daughter , I sure as hell don’t.  OP is spot on.

Also I want to point out that it’s been proven numerous times that modern day pop culture is absolutely nothing to admire.  

To make it to the top in Hollywood or music you MUST sell your soul and body.  This is an absolute fact.  Do not look up to these people do not let your children look up to these people.  

It is absolute Sodom and Gomorrah level shit.  If you don’t believe me, just look it up.  Look the the recent P Diddy scandal for the latest evidence.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I simply CANNOT understand the amount of attention that she gets.
View Quote

TDS

Taylor Derangement Syndrome.  

And OP… you didn’t need to mention you were divorced.  We would have figured it out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
She hangs out with girls who rap about their pussy and farting.

Classy bunch. I wouldn’t let my kids idolize Anton Lavey’s nasty satan child.

Remove all that and she’s an outspoken liberal pawn. No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I do find it interesting that she hasn’t been able to keep a man around besides her latest meathead Pfizer cuck. I’m sure she’ll kick him to the curb before long too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just trying to follow the logic...

You don't think of Swift, but you made a thread about her.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.
View Quote

What exactly is hard to follow? The post you're quoting explains exactly why it came up.

The closest thing to a response in this thread is "she's not that bad" or "others are worse."

I would have thought that dark triad types would not be welcomed, especially among parents. This isn't about music and in fact given their ages it isn't really even about their role models yet.

The title of the thread is pretty clear, as is the content.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn, I'm thankful my parents didn't try to control the music I listened to growing up (teen throughout the 70's). It's music OP, not the church of satan.
View Quote

Yep.

Speaking of Our Lord and Savior, Satan…

I see at least two of the GD Satanic Panic crew is here!

ETA- they are rolling in now!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
She works hard, her hard work has lead to success, she has been generous with the people around her.

If my kids looked at her and took away those three points, it would be a good learning experience.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This isn't about me. I don't think about Taylor Swift. As mentioned my youngest was carrying around a fucking cutout. I know the fucking GD white knight brigade loves her for some reason but this wasn't me lashing out at Taylor Swift. I didn't bring it up.

I don't really care what basement dwellers do. There doesn't seem to be any real attempt by any of the white knighters to defend any of my points (talentless, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, was NOT a point I made in why she's a bad role model).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, what do you listen to?

LOL…

Answer my question.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
By those standards, you aren’t the best role model either.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Being a billionaire that generally stays out of politics and hasn't leaked nudes on the internet is a bad role model?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
By those standards, you aren’t the best role model either.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess let your kids listen WAP?
View Quote

Quoted:
Go find the sluttiest pic of TayTay or the pic where she's glamorizing drugs or alcohol and report back.

Then let's compare that to, shit I don't know, any other contemporary pop star.

I think I'd be much happier with my kids wanting to dress and act like Taylor Swift than Britney Spears.
View Quote

Yeah, notice how he won’t answer my question about what he listens to?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do find it interesting that she hasn’t been able to keep a man around besides her latest meathead Pfizer cuck. I’m sure she’ll kick him to the curb before long too.
View Quote

I wonder how often they either make a money grab or otherwise try to capitalize on something personal.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Presence of the Lord (Live 2010, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL, Dec 29)
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I still don't understand the grown men on this site and how frequently they are thinking about that woman.

It's just bizarre.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you explain how my choice in music is relevant to the original post?

The only thing that would matter is what I listen to in the presence of my children.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL

Answer my question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Answer my question.
I'm guessing Contemporary Christian, with maybe a little country thrown in... He's judgy enough.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While I didn't mention religion other than a passing reference to blasphemy, I would suggest you read the Bible. It's possible you're just slow and don't understand what Christianity and the Bible says about divorce and remarriage.

I don't know, maybe you think Taylor Swift has just been searching for the right guy for the last 16 years in the hopes of creating a marriage and family. I'm sure that's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A divorced guy wondering why people date multiple people before getting married?

Weird flex but thats fine.

Don't be a blasphemous dude who ever gets re-married.  Thusly you'll be a serial marry-er and a bad role model yourself.

While I didn't mention religion other than a passing reference to blasphemy, I would suggest you read the Bible. It's possible you're just slow and don't understand what Christianity and the Bible says about divorce and remarriage.

I don't know, maybe you think Taylor Swift has just been searching for the right guy for the last 16 years in the hopes of creating a marriage and family. I'm sure that's it.

Says the guy with a failed marriage.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The only thing that would matter is what I listen to in the presence of my children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you might be listening to bad role models.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#23]
When I was a child my role model was Chicago Cub 3rd Basemen Ron Santos.

I had no idea if he dated too many women, only that he had a good glove and a rifle for a right arm.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm guessing Contemporary Christian, with maybe a little country thrown in... He's judgy enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Answer my question.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why did my marriage fail?

You seem to know it all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because you might be listening to bad role models.
View Quote

I'm an adult and capable of differentiating music from the people making it. As a rule I do not look up to ANY man. That said, I generally try to avoid patronizing celebrities I personally dislike for this very reason.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yikes dude.  you are DEFINITELY thinking about it too hard lol.  Doesn't everyone go through a dating phase in their 20's / early 30's?
View Quote

20s maybe.  30s?  Everyone?  No.  Not high value individuals.

Females still serial dating in their 30s?

LMAO

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
99%of her shtick is fake and isn't realistic for the average little girl

She is a poster child for the left
View Quote

So true and she believes she is important.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]
JameyJohnson/AlisonKrauss "WhenU SayNothing" @XmasJam2016
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't forget space lasers.
View Quote

*Ahem*, that's Jewish space lasers Sir
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
99%of her shtick is fake and isn't realistic for the average little girl

She is a poster child for the left

You think she isn't important to millions if not billions of people?

She's probably the most popular woman in the world right now.

You can say what you want about her, but the truth is she's worth more than anyone on this forum, runs her business her way, and doesn't act like an ass on social media or in public. Living the dream really.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Molly Tuttle performs "She's A Rainbow" by The Rolling Stones from home
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I like that Wildest Dreams song she does. Also, if you watch the video Clinch Leatherwood's son is in it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought she went woke and lost a fan around here in GD.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You seem to know it all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to know it all.

Don’t know. Don’t care.

Not my problem.

Just pointing out the irony.

By the way, what do you listen to?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#36]

I didnt mean ‘serial’ dating.  Just dating in general.  I met my wife when I was 31.  Its pretty normal these days outside of the midwest / southern states where you have 2 kids before you graduate high school.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Don’t know. Don’t care.

Not my problem.

View Quote

Why is it ironic?

So if my wife cheated on me and left, I can't criticize what I perceive to be the exact same personality characteristics that led to that? I mean the original post made that pretty clear, even for smoothbrains. I would think that would be extra incentive to notice such things, especially as a parent.

Trying to follow your logic, at least aside from the puerile obsession with a singer. I mean it's not like I'm a stranger to GD going full retard and thread sliding when it comes to their golden calf, but for fuck's sake this is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh, her divorce rate is better than yours.   As is her single parent household record.  

For someone so judgmental, you sure can’t stand people pointing out the obvious.  

Sorry this thread didn’t go the way you wanted.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Meh, her divorce rate is better than yours.   As is her single parent household record.  

For someone so judgmental, you sure can’t stand people pointing out the obvious.  

Sorry this thread didn’t go the way you wanted.

View Quote

Which is what, exactly? Do you know the circumstances of my divorces? Like any of them? Or are you happy to pat yourself on the back knowing I'm divorced, and that's enough? And thus inferior to somebody who's never been married and never had children?

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Which is what, exactly? Do you know the circumstances of my divorces? Like any of them? Or are you happy to pat yourself on the back knowing I'm divorced, and that's enough? And thus inferior to somebody who's never been married and never had children?

View Quote

I think he's pointing out that TS has never even had one divorce.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
The TDS around here these days is simply ridiculous
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The TDS around here these days is simply ridiculous
View Quote

Rent free.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell us truth now. Did you go out with Tay Tay and she dumped you without even a token kiss goodnight? Even worse, she didn’t write a song about you.  You may not like her music but someone does. She has a net worth of over $1 billion. Someone is buying the records, CDs, concert tickets and branded merchandise.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why is it ironic?

So if my wife cheated on me and left, I can't criticize what I perceive to be the exact same personality characteristics that led to that? I mean the original post made that pretty clear, even for smoothbrains. I would think that would be extra incentive to notice such things, especially as a parent.

Trying to follow your logic, at least aside from the puerile obsession with a singer. I mean it's not like I'm a stranger to GD going full retard and thread sliding when it comes to their golden calf, but for fuck's sake this is ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t know. Don’t care.

Not my problem.

Why is it ironic?

Has Taylor Swift cheated on her husband and left?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think he's pointing out that TS has never even had one divorce.
View Quote

I think I was trying to point out why that's retarded.

I'm pretty sure most pornstars don't have a divorce either.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Has Taylor Swift cheated on her husband and left?
View Quote

Did I claim that?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think I was trying to point out why that's retarded.

I'm pretty sure most pornstars don't have a divorce either.
View Quote

TS isn't a saint, but comparing her to a porn star is a bit disingenuous.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope. Just pointing out that you are incredibly judgmental, have flaws of your own, and your lack of ability to understand both of those things may be precisely why you’ve been through apparently more than one of those.  

Self reflection may do you more good than blaming Taylor Swift for the downfall of humanity.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any of them? How many are we talking about?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top