BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah it's weird we don't want to be 55 years old with special needs children still in high school because we got married when we were middle aged and cranked out a couple miracle babies with the last 2 dusty eggs left in the tank.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I met my wife when I was 31.  Its pretty normal these days outside of the midwest / southern states where you have 2 kids before you graduate high school.  

Yeah it's weird we don't want to be 55 years old with special needs children still in high school because we got married when we were middle aged and cranked out a couple miracle babies with the last 2 dusty eggs left in the tank.

Starring on "16 and pregnant" isn't a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m a fan of the theory that she’s working for the depopulationist and anti west team Soros to get back the rights to her early music.

Also this cracks me up.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am divorced with split custody of my two young daughters (5 and 7). I have told my story here many times before.

Generally speaking, my ex and I are on the same page with parenting. I happen to abhor Taylor Swift, mostly because I think she's a talentless hack and I cannot stand anybody that has a cult following. Seems inherently blasphemous. I'm not sure.

That said, my ex and many of her friends love Taylor Swift. My ex went to her sister in law's 30th birthday party this weekend and I guess it was Swift themed or something. I talk to my children daily, and my youngest was carrying around a life-size cardboard cutout of Taylor Swift. I said that I did not like her and that she isn't a good role model for young girls. My ex questioned me about this. Here's what I said.

1) She is a serial dater, and her entire career is based on trashing her repeated failed relationships. This is inherently disrespectful to men.
2) Her lyrics are indicative of a dark triad type personality - victim mentality, sociopathy, narcissism. It's extremely toxic.
3) She's a political stooge and leverages her celebrity to influence votes, which is just wrong every which way you look at it. Plus there's some sort of irony in choosing people when your entire career is based on choosing poorly.

Basically, Taylor Swift is a lot like my ex in terms of narcissism and serial dating, just richer and more famous. I find this to be the absolute last thing in the world I want my children to be. I would not want my son, if I had one, to date or marry such a woman, and I sure as fuck don't want my daughters to emulate literally anything about her personality or personal life choices.

The downside is that these are not things any child understands yet. All I can do is raise them the best I can.
View Quote

Good grief, do you want to alienate your girls from you?

Are you a licensed mental health profession and have you examined Taylor Swift in order to diagnose her as a narcissist?

It is also telling that you use a strong word like "abhor" to describe how you feel about a singer.  

"Lighten up, Francis," certainly seems to apply here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn’t read thread, but thought I had an interesting antidote. My boys (fairly young) and their friend groups were all rooting for the 49ers because of TS (they all don't watch a lot of football). Just thought it was interesting, i would have guessed the opposite, if TS was a stock I short some.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah. I think we all get that. But….

Next time just don’t be so specific about what you dislike about Taylor, then in the same post point out shit you’ve done that’s just as bad if not worse.  

“I’m trying to figure out how to keep my young children from idolizing celebrities”.

That’s good. Go you!

Versus what you did:

“I’m trying to teach my kids that serial dating is bad, so I led by example and got a couple divorces”.

That's funny as fuck.  Don’t put that on the internet. I mean it’s a bit late for that of course…
View Quote

Did I initiate the divorce? Was I unfaithful? Did I attempt to honor my vows and commitments? Does this matter to you? Why or why not?

It is not clear whether you're being intentionally obtuse or you're just slow. I was cheated on and left because she "didn't want to be married" and "didn't believe in monogamy." How that equates in your twisted mind to "I led by example and got a couple divorces" is not understandable to me.

What I did to try and save my marriage is none of your fucking business. It was more than she deserved, and I was willing to go *way* past that. Why? To honor the vows and commitments I made. In front of God and everybody.

So if that's funny to you, I am sorry for the person you are. I hope and pray to be the parent that yours were not.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Taytay is just a wealthy whore .. her 15min will be up soon enough.
View Quote

Kind of like Madonna or Dolly Parton or Marilyn Monroe.  No one remembers who they are.  Taylor and Beyoncé will soon be forgotten by all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
https://youtube.com/shorts/GWs_t1eEX9w?si=HOu8VCzasZquF04J

She encourages children to not forgive one another which is a good way to wind up damned

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This isn't about me. I don't think about Taylor Swift. As mentioned my youngest was carrying around a fucking cutout. I know the fucking GD white knight brigade loves her for some reason but this wasn't me lashing out at Taylor Swift. I didn't bring it up.

I don't really care what basement dwellers do. There doesn't seem to be any real attempt by any of the white knighters to defend any of my points (talentless, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, was NOT a point I made in why she's a bad role model).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, what do you listen to?

This isn't about me. I don't think about Taylor Swift. As mentioned my youngest was carrying around a fucking cutout. I know the fucking GD white knight brigade loves her for some reason but this wasn't me lashing out at Taylor Swift. I didn't bring it up.

I don't really care what basement dwellers do. There doesn't seem to be any real attempt by any of the white knighters to defend any of my points (talentless, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, was NOT a point I made in why she's a bad role model).

Aww now you’re getting mad because we all didn’t pat you on the back and say good job.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did I initiate the divorce? Was I unfaithful? Did I attempt to honor my vows and commitments? Does this matter to you? Why or why not?

It is not clear whether you're being intentionally obtuse or you're just slow. I was cheated on and left because she "didn't want to be married" and "didn't believe in monogamy." How that equates in your twisted mind to "I led by example and got a couple divorces" is not understandable to me.

What I did to try and save my marriage is none of your fucking business. It was more than she deserved, and I was willing to go *way* past that. Why? To honor the vows and commitments I made. In front of God and everybody.

So if that's funny to you, I am sorry for the person you are. I hope and pray to be the parent that yours were not.
View Quote

Both times?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm with you OP. You have every right to handle this the way you are.

If a parent doesn't monitor what their children are exposed to who will? The schools?

Most people really shouldn't have kids. They ignore what's going on in the Childs life and they're shocked when that same kid becomes a problem.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Taytay is just a wealthy whore .. her 15min will be up soon enough.
View Quote

lol

It’s been about 15 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Both times?
View Quote

Are you desperately searching for something I did wrong? Something I failed at in relationships?

I married young the first time. We meant well. She struggled with both addiction and depression. We went through counseling (two of them, actually) and the second counselor suggested inpatient therapy for her.. She wasn't sure anything was wrong with the relationship, but she knew that my first wife needed help. Her family didn't understand until after she left how bad it was. I hold no ill will towards her and in fact I spoke to her recently to thank her for trying. We may have married young, had no idea what we were doing, and not been all that right for each other, but she tried in spite of everything to honor her commitment. I respected that. I believe she is getting married again soon, if she isn't already. I wished her well.

If you're asking whether I've even been unfaithful or vindictive or anything of the sort, the answer is no. I'm not an asshole. What's amusing is that most of my friends think I bear some undue burden and that I deal with more than most. I don't see it that way.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you desperately searching for something I did wrong? Something I failed at in relationships?

I married young the first time. We meant well. She struggled with both addiction and depression. We went through counseling (two of them, actually) and the second counselor suggested inpatient therapy for her.. She wasn't sure anything was wrong with the relationship, but she knew that my first wife needed help. Her family didn't understand until after she left how bad it was. I hold no ill will towards her and in fact I spoke to her recently to thank her for trying. We may have married young, had no idea what we were doing, and not been all that right for each other, but she tried in spite of everything to honor her commitment. I respected that. I believe she is getting married again soon, if she isn't already. I wished her well.

If you're asking whether I've even been unfaithful or vindictive or anything of the sort, the answer is no. I'm not an asshole. What's amusing is that most of my friends think I bear some undue burden and that I deal with more than most. I don't see it that way.
View Quote

You need to get laid bro jesus lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Relax dude. It's a touchy subject but not all of us will be shitty to you.

I don't know the backstory and I won't pry.

Just ignore the haters. It'll be cool.

Just a reminder that some of us will be gentlemen about all of it. You and I were raised better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have yet to see any diagrams of her logos or albums titles with hidden 666 or upside down crosses so she must be okay.  

Remember, Satan has to provide a sort-of semi-hidden clue that it's the devil, just like the villain on an episode of Scooby Doo.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
im with you OP.
I tried to explain this whole thing to my wife. she didnt get it at all until she saw her with that other chick at the superbowl and all that drama. Plus she is a heavy drinker.
Nothing about her is kid role-model worthy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not the best

Not the worst

She's just too old for the younger generation.  That's why she isn't as popular with them as she was in the past.

She has less influence on young girls (unless moms are pushing her on them).

Think about who you listened to when you were young.  Whether it be Johnny Cash, Ozzy, Madonna, or NWA, they were all bad influences but extremely popular.

How did you turn out?
View Quote

Too old you say.  Tell that to my neighbors 9 year old kid who got on the bus this morning wearing a "swiftie" t shirt, and about 15 bracelets that each had a song name on it.  FWIW, same girl wanted to borrow her friend's Mahomes jersey superbowl weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.

But there are worse celebrity role models out there for girls.

TS is probably the least bad.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't hear her music until she became Barbie Jesus lately.

So I went with an open mind and ears and listened to a random variety of her songs. I was in music so I have some taste. These were the most generic boring songs I ever heard.

People compare her to Elvis, The Beatles and Michael Jackson?

Holy fuckballs. Her music is terrible. She's sorta cute. That's about it. She ain't no fucking legend.

Kanye was right to pull the mic from her hand. He's actually got better music.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I am not a fan and am tired of hearing about her and don't like her politics or hypocritical stance on some things but..

She doesn't dress overly slutty or give it away by posing nude for mags
She doesn't have a string of divorces like many celebs and has had sense to not jump into marriage
She started out in Nashville at 13 and hustled her ass (or lack of) off
She does visit hospitals and fans and donates a lot to charity
Her mom and dad are still together
She seems to have good business sense with her money

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Everything OP said is correct....

Also, look at her tribe, the "Swifties":

https://katu.com/news/local/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-seattle-lumen-field-night-1-swifties-in-style-fan-fashion-outfits-friendship-bracelets-washington-concert-looks-pnw?photo=15

That's all you need to know to know she is toxic.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
im with you OP.
I tried to explain this whole thing to my wife. she didnt get it at all until she saw her with that other chick at the superbowl and all that drama. Plus she is a heavy drinker.
Nothing about her is kid role-model worthy.
View Quote

“Heavy drinker”

How so? Because you get some shots of her with a drink in hand, at a sporting event? LOL.

You should probably not let your kids listen to any music or watch any form of entertainment if that is the case. Tay Tay having some drinks at the Super Bowl is nothing compared to what goes on amongst celebs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am not a fan and am tired of hearing about her and don't like her politics or hypocritical stance on some things but..

She doesn't dress overly slutty or give it away by posing nude for mags
She doesn't have a string of divorces like many celebs and has had sense to not jump into marriage
She started out in Nashville at 13 and hustled her ass (or lack of) off
She does visit hospitals and fans and donates a lot to charity
Her mom and dad are still together
She seems to have good business sense with her money

View Quote
I had to look this up. They're not still together. They just got remarried. Makes sense. Their daughter is loaded and they want a cut.

She's big because her parents are in the industry and have connections. She's a life sized Barbie and that's what young girls like.

If a guy is going to her concert then either he likes being around a shit ton of your girls, has females in his life that pulled him into going or likes the flavor of penis.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]

What did your “buddy” say? We will probably need his input before we can make a decision.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

“Heavy drinker”

How so? Because you get some shots of her with a drink in hand, at a sporting event? LOL.

You should probably not let your kids listen to any music or watch any form of entertainment if that is the case. Tay Tay having some drinks at the Super Bowl is nothing compared to what goes on amongst celebs.
View Quote

Taylor Swift probably had the cleanest criminal record of any celebrity at that Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What did your "buddy" say? We will probably need his input before we can make a decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What did your "buddy" say? We will probably need his input before we can make a decision.
Stop being shitty to team members.

Give it a rest bro.

The D in GD is for discussion. Not being a dick. Be nice.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What exactly is hard to follow?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just trying to follow the logic...

You don't think of Swift, but you made a thread about her.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

What exactly is hard to follow?

The fact that you are not telling the truth and won't own up to it.

You did think of her.  You creating this thread proves that.

You are thinking of her.  Your responses prove that.

You will think of her every time you are compelled to respond to posters in this thread.

You are being disingenuous or a troll.  

It's kind of sad that you are so focused on TS being a role model when you really should be looking at the reason why your kids are looking to a manufactured personality for guidance instead of their parents.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I personally can’t stand her but If she was on the trump everyone here would be lining up to live her butthole.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Give it a rest bro.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it a rest bro.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Everything OP said is correct....

Also, look at her tribe, the "Swifties":

https://katu.com/news/local/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-seattle-lumen-field-night-1-swifties-in-style-fan-fashion-outfits-friendship-bracelets-washington-concert-looks-pnw?photo=15

That's all you need to know to know she is toxic.
View Quote

I wouldn't mind the pair of blondes in photo #10...
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vindictive or unfaithful, nobody has called you that nor implied it. Hypocritical as all fuck, yes.

You call someone out as a bad role model for dating too much vs “marrying young and making a mistake”.

I’m out.  It’s like clubbing baby seals at this point.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a big awkward troll to talk about your divorce.

Get therapy.  Get help for your children's sake.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is a big awkward troll to talk about your divorce.

Get therapy.  Get help for your children's sake.
View Quote

It was oddly volunteered.  But alas I suppose me pressing isn’t doing any favors.

FS7, I wish you the best my man.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Boomer rage.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
yikes dude.  you are DEFINITELY thinking about it too hard lol.  Doesn't everyone go through a dating phase in their 20's / early 30's?

Swift may have some issues but she's 99.99999% better than all the other singers out there today in terms of being a role model for younger children.  Just be thankful your kids aren't into emo or some shit.

Also, I'm pretty sure she writes all her own stuff and gave a big middle finger to big industry, so no idea how you can call her talentless.
View Quote

Nope. She is evil and I don't want my kids listening to her "music".
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I personally can’t stand her but If she was on the trump everyone here would be lining up to live her butthole.
View Quote

I'd unalive her butt hole.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I give her credit for being a song writer, and that’s only as far as appealing to women and their mostly retarded thoughts and emotions, and I can give her credit for being a stage performer in terms of putting on a flashy show that sells out arenas and maybe being able to strum a guitar a little…but that’s fuckin it.  She can’t sing at all, she’s not sexy and probably has a penis, and the majority of her songs are soooo cringy to anyone who doesn’t have aspirations of becoming a rich female influencer one day.  I honestly think her popularity is just another byproduct of a collapsing society where most American women are entitled, insecure, and suffer from some kind of personality disorder or mental illness.

As far as her being a role model, no, she does not make for a good one, except in the general sense of being able to say, “See, look how rich and influential a woman can be today with enough hard work and dedication to her craft.”  But even then, aren’t there better women to use as examples of good role models for young girls?

I’d be annoyed if I were in OP’s shoes, but all you can do is suck it up and try to educate your daughters all while remembering to just love them and continue being their dad along the way.  You do your best and what will be will be!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
She has sold out to Satan.
View Quote

You people are so fucked in the head.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Go find the sluttiest pic of TayTay or the pic where she's glamorizing drugs or alcohol and report back.

Then let's compare that to, shit I don't know, any other contemporary pop star.

I think I'd be much happier with my kids wanting to dress and act like Taylor Swift than Britney Spears.
View Quote

Comparing her to other pop stars is setting a really low bar.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go find the sluttiest pic of TayTay or the pic where she's glamorizing drugs or alcohol and report back.

Then let's compare that to, shit I don't know, any other contemporary pop star.

I think I'd be much happier with my kids wanting to dress and act like Taylor Swift than Britney Spears.

Who else would you compare a pop star to?  A nun?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:03:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Man .. I survived two teenage girls that listened to nothing but One Direction.  The HORROR!

Swift is probably one of the more wholesome airheads to come into pop music for a while, so you have nothing to complain about.

If you have another kid, you have to start influencing them earlier, so they listen to cool shit.
View Quote

Obviously you have not listened to a single song from her, “boys only want love if it’s torture”
Is this what you want your daughters view of a healthy relationship to be?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are you a licensed mental health profession and have you examined Taylor Swift in order to diagnose her as a narcissist?

It is also telling that you use a strong word like "abhor" to describe how you feel about a singer.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am divorced with split custody of my two young daughters (5 and 7). I have told my story here many times before.

Generally speaking, my ex and I are on the same page with parenting. I happen to abhor Taylor Swift, mostly because I think she's a talentless hack and I cannot stand anybody that has a cult following. Seems inherently blasphemous. I'm not sure.

That said, my ex and many of her friends love Taylor Swift. My ex went to her sister in law's 30th birthday party this weekend and I guess it was Swift themed or something. I talk to my children daily, and my youngest was carrying around a life-size cardboard cutout of Taylor Swift. I said that I did not like her and that she isn't a good role model for young girls. My ex questioned me about this. Here's what I said.

1) She is a serial dater, and her entire career is based on trashing her repeated failed relationships. This is inherently disrespectful to men.
2) Her lyrics are indicative of a dark triad type personality - victim mentality, sociopathy, narcissism. It's extremely toxic.
3) She's a political stooge and leverages her celebrity to influence votes, which is just wrong every which way you look at it. Plus there's some sort of irony in choosing people when your entire career is based on choosing poorly.

Basically, Taylor Swift is a lot like my ex in terms of narcissism and serial dating, just richer and more famous. I find this to be the absolute last thing in the world I want my children to be. I would not want my son, if I had one, to date or marry such a woman, and I sure as fuck don't want my daughters to emulate literally anything about her personality or personal life choices.

The downside is that these are not things any child understands yet. All I can do is raise them the best I can.

So he can’t take her own words for it? “My covert narcissism disguised as altruism”
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This part right here (I cannot stand anybody that has a cult following. Seems inherently blasphemous. I'm not sure.) speaking of cults and followers, GD has a obsession with a certain individual lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#44]
All of what you said but being a raging leftist is another thing. Any leftist is not a good role model period.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#45]
lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
She has sold out to Satan.
View Quote

Friend of mine says She’s a witch, proof is her satanic friend throwing up signs during the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Taylor's wiccan ceremony video
. Skip to the half.

Taylor Swift - willow (coven of witches version) (all remixes mashup) (Music Video)
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have yet to see any diagrams of her logos or albums titles with hidden 666 or upside down crosses so she must be okay.  

Remember, Satan has to provide a sort-of semi-hidden clue that it's the devil, just like the villain on an episode of Scooby Doo.
View Quote

You mean like handsigns and her Wiccan ceremony in her music video and live?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Taylor's wiccan ceremony video
. Skip to the half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HeQtpOalc
View Quote

I think you are being sarcastic, but honestly it’s hard to tell these days. Poe’s Law.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think you are being sarcastic, but honestly it’s hard to tell these days. Poe’s Law.
View Quote

Did ya warch it. It says right on it that's a Wiccan ceremony. Do I need to phrase it in 1s and zeros.? Whale song? Help me help you.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top