User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought more doge at .28 - I couldn't catch it at .21 :(
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#2]
VET is taking one of the biggest hits. Down over 42%. I assume because it supposed to have the best chance of making major in-roads into China and it doesn't look like that is a thing anymore
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Because it's  a ponzi scheme.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Elon's going to talk himself into a stay in the gray bar if he's not careful.

The gov could make a pretty good case he's intentionally involved in currency manipulation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does this mean we will finally get graphics cards again?
View Quote

With all the increased transactions occurring, mining profits are up 400%.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The big dogs dump, panic selling ensues, big dogs jump back in, big dogs get bigger
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Because crypto has absolutely zero intrinsic value. It's not a currency, it's not a store of value, it's less anonymous and more traceable than a paper check written out to you with your social security number on it. Its price is solely based on market sentiment. It is also propped up by the "currency" Tether which is actually complete vaporware and all kinds of Chinese manipulation. And as I've mentioned in a bunch of these threads, I had a mining farm that mined Bitcoin, Etherium, Litecoin and Siacoin, made money but I will never deal with crypto again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Lol, Coinbase is frozen. I can't access it. Should do well for their stock price.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Money isn't real, anyway.
View Quote

Actually, yes "money" is real.  You are confusing it with "currency".
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
It has nothing to do with Elon.

In the last 24 hours...
Janet Yellen said interest rates needs to go up and higher taxes need to be paid.
Biden said Crypto needs to be regulated at taxed more.
China implemented a ban on financial institutions using, trading, or accepting crypto.

The last item is the biggest issue.  If governments ban banks from engaging with crypto the majority of the DeFi uses just disappeared.  Other countries were already looking to follow China.  A country can't manipulate their people and currency when those people are no longer dependent on that one government's currency.  I'm actually surprised US banks haven't been pushing for a ban as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
And now it looks like it's bouncing back...for the moment...
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The gov could make a pretty good case he's intentionally involved in currency manipulation.
View Quote

They’ve already made the case crypto is property. I’d love them to call it currency just to get at musk.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with Elon.

In the last 24 hours...
Janet Yellen said interest rates needs to go up and higher taxes need to be paid.
Biden said Crypto needs to be regulated at taxed more.
China implemented a ban on financial institutions using, trading, or accepting crypto.

The last item is the biggest issue.  If governments ban banks from engaging with crypto the majority of the DeFi uses just disappeared.  Other countries were already looking to follow China.  A country can't manipulate their people and currency when those people are no longer dependent on that one government's currency.  I'm actually surprised US banks haven't been pushing for a ban as well.
View Quote

Agreed, China just kicked the Crypto pretty fucking hard.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Holy shitballs I shouldn't have checked my accounts.

Thanks Elon.

View Quote

Billions of dollars gone because of one man’s tweet?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#16]
FUCK doge hit .21 and I missed it
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

you'll get other shot(s) at it
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Like the carbon tax, its NOT REAL.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll buy doge when it's back to 0.002.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the powers that be want to stop him from making advancements in his fields they'll lock him up.

Hope he plans on going to Mars 1st.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

great question
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are we buying when it hits bottom?

great question

BTC, ETH, Cardano
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually, yes "money" is real.  You are confusing it with "currency".
View Quote

If you’re talking about gold and silver yes, but modern ‘money’ isn’t real either and I’m not talking about fiat currency. Modern money is debt and is mostly created on a computer.

That being said, I hold real money (gold and silver) as well as the rest of my assets and investments. I keep enough currency on hand for emergencies and for when we have a stock market fire sale.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BTC, ETH, Cardano
View Quote

Coinbase hasn't worked for me in the past 24 hours
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Because China banned it
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone needs to be taking a serious look at Elon right now. No fucking way he goes from hyping Crypto as much as he was, to suddenly abandoning it completely, just a matter of days before China announced that they are banning all Crpyto.

No fucking way anyone is that lucky.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Everyone knows you sell in May and go away. Well, apparently not everyone.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does digital currency count? I thought it would be exempt from security regulations.  It's not a stock, or bond, or government issued currency.

If he had pumped a stock or bond, he would be in serious trouble. But I bet he is safe since it's just BTC and doge coin.

I am sure the feds would love to nail him, but can't. Yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Has all cryptocurrency been given legal status as currency?

Seems that would be troublesome.
View Quote

No, it hasn't (to the best of my knowledge)...and I doubt it ever will. Did read the other day there are discussions about an official US crypto, but who knows how far that will get. For the most part I was just being glib.

Governments are free to manipulate their currencies at will. They frown on private citizens doing the same.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#31]
if you crypto guys are going to expect people to take crypto serious as a form of currency, these big swings aren't helping
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm in for the long term so this crash is no big deal

My mining rig is pumping about 12x as profitable as before, even with prices frefalling.... all these transactions have to be processed

I have a small operation, 8x GPUs, its normally about $70-80 per day

I hit just over $500 in the last 8 hours!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Does digital currency count? I thought it would be exempt from security regulations.  It's not a stock, or bond, or government issued currency.

If he had pumped a stock or bond, he would be in serious trouble. But I bet he is safe since it's just BTC and doge coin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I'm wondering too. I was about to start a thread asking if Elon will see the inside of a prison cell, but I deleted it because I don't know if Crypto markets are regulated at all.

The feds take their piece of the pie, but I don't know if they can nail anyone for insider trading.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Less than 2 weeks ago, there were members here wondering if it was 'too late' to get in to the crypto market.
What we have now is what's called an 'opportunity'.
View Quote

FOMO !!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My mining rig is pumping about 12x as profitable as before, even with prices frefalling.... all these transactions have to be processed

View Quote

Well it's going to be a big deal when the largest market in the world is banned from participating in the crypto market.

I don't see how crypto recovers without China.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe it wasn't real to start with?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well it's going to be a big deal when the largest market in the world is banned from participating in the crypto market.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coins that are solely supposed to be replacement for currency may not bounce back. Coins with actual utility beyond pseudo currency will bounce back when that utility is fully implemented
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By tapping markets where a currency without borders is actually really useful?  Like, say, developing countries in Central and South America, as well as Africa?

I know SafeMoon takes a lot of shit, but they might be making the right play there.  
https://www.gambianewspapers.info/cryptocurrency-safemoon-to-implement-operation-phoenix-in-gambia/
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I think crypto recovers just fine, having 80% of BTC hashrate centralized in China is no good

Big farms are moving to TX and other states with cheap power, I think this will only make it go faster

The free world is not going to outright ban crypto like the commies can, and business will adapt to the new rules and be just fine.

I'm a GC, and I have never had people ask if I take crypto in payment before this year, and I actually have a client that paid for their deck in ETH in Feb.

MAINSTREAM is on the horizon, be greedy and buy when it's crashing, I think the next bull run will be EPIC
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

By tapping markets where a currency without borders is actually really useful?  Like, say, developing countries in Central and South America, as well as Africa?

I know SafeMoon takes a lot of shit, but they might be making the right play there.  
https://www.gambianewspapers.info/cryptocurrency-safemoon-to-implement-operation-phoenix-in-gambia/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the target markets are the poorest populations in the world, how high can it really climb? Especially without the wealthiest market in the world.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fed is already hard at work figuring out how to apply STCG taxes. Helllooo 37% fed, and the 3.8% net investment income tax (surprise! Also known as the Obamacare tax, and still in full effect) and individual state tax for all those crypto millions.

It's going to come as a brutal surprise to a lot of crypto traders when they discover nothing is truly secure or anonymous to the NSA and it's "inter-agency cooperation" partners.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#42]
GET ON THE ROCKET AND SEE THE STARS BABY!
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cumrocket-crypto/
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think crypto recovers just fine, having 80% of BTC hashrate centralized in China is no good

Big farms are moving to TX and other states with cheap power, I think this will only make it go faster

The free world is not going to outright ban crypto like the commies can, and business will adapt to the new rules and be just fine.

I'm a GC, and I have never had people ask if I take crypto in payment before this year, and I actually have a client that paid for their deck in ETH in Feb.

MAINSTREAM is on the horizon, be greedy and buy when it's crashing, I think the next bull run will be EPIC
View Quote

I'm certainly positioning to buy quite a bit of crypto. But not today. This fall will take a while.

While I do believe that it is a money making opportunity, I don't think it'll recover back to pre- ChinaBanned numbers. At least not in this decade.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don’t care when he manipulates his stock, why would they care about this?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Keep falling! I need a new graphics card!

But if I sold my crypto I could afford a new graphics card...
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Its on sale. People panic its what they do
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Considering that Safemoon is trading at .00000xxx

You get 1250 per PENNY.

It doesnt have to go up much for the exchange rate to become favorable to the local currency/fiat

Gambian average income is around $750 per YEAR, it needs to hit a .001 or even less to be a viable option I think, that's 10000% increase from current levels

disregarding all that, I think Safemoon is a gamble, I dropped 5k in at the beginning of May, if it hits anywhere close to a 10000% return, ill be a happy camper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol. This is crypto.

Buy when others are fearful.
View Quote

Jazz Hands!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Keep falling! I need a new graphics card!

But if I sold my crypto I could afford a new graphics card...
View Quote
If you had a new card you could mine crypto with it, just saying :)
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If the target markets are the poorest populations in the world, how high can it really climb? Especially without the wealthiest market in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares about how small the average individual transaction size is?  It's irrelevant if the coin reaches widespread use as a utility token, no different than any basically worthless official currency in those regions, and this applies for ANY coin that would try to achieve this.

The insane highs of BTC are unlikely to ever be repeated by other coins.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top