User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes I'm the stupid one who thinks all guns in movies are fake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a prop gun if it will chamber live ammo.  It's a firearm.

Yeah like when they use a couch or a lamp for a scene you can't really sit on the couch or turn on the lamp.
Don't act stupid, the world doesn't need any extra.

Umm, prop guns are rubber and not capable of firing bullets. Real guns are...real, they can shoot people. There is literally a difference between them. Unlike a "prop" couch or lamp which is actually just a couch or a lamp. Everyone keeps calling it a prop gun when in fact it was an actual gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Umm, prop guns are rubber and not capable of firing bullets. Real guns are...real, they can shoot people. There is literally a difference between them. Unlike a "prop" couch or lamp which is actually just a couch or a lamp. Everyone keeps calling it a prop gun when in fact it was an actual gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah like when they use a couch or a lamp for a scene you can't really sit on the couch or turn on the lamp.

Still a prop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A prop gun can be a real gun, sorry to burst your bubble.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything I've read indicates "prop guns" means they are props for the movie. Live, rubber, blankfiring - all are prop guns. Props brought on to the set for use.

A non-prop gun would be that carried by the security guard when the money is brought onto the set.

But the point is that Hannah may not have done her job properly, David Hall definitely didn't do his job properly, and Alec Baldwin shot a woman while fucking around with a gun.
He's had multiple safety briefings over the years.
Pointing a gun at a person and pulling the trigger are actions outside the scope of the parameters of the shot. IMHO.

Let's see what the prosecutor and sheriff say, Wednesday.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Negligent homicide.  Prosecute as such.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What kind of gun was it? A revolver?
View Quote

I would assume so since it was a Western.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
With an ammo shortage, where did they get the live ammo?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
This is Fishy!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s not a prop gun if it will chamber live ammo.  It’s a firearm.
View Quote

Rubber gun, non-firing replica, actual firearm... if it's studio property (or the property of a contracted armorer), it's a "prop" gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The gun's John Wayne used and particularly the yellow handled one he used for the last decade of his career was a legit Colt.
The guns Val Kilmer used in Tombstone were Ubertis.

A prop gun is any gun fake or otherwise used as a prop in filming.

Alec Baldwin is a confirmed idiot. Idiots and guns do not mix. If this were any other industry significant training and ppe would be required before someone was able to operate a potentially deadly object or tool.
Many people dont even feel that Mr. Baldwin has any blame in this situation. Responsibility for ones actions is obsolete in clown world. Unless you're a peasant, presents are expected to take responsibility for firearms in their physical posession and legal possession. Someone else's poor choices did that in every case of the elite.
View Quote

His finger was on the trigger, he is the principal of responsibility. Anyone else that touched the gun is an accomplice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From what I hear it was a replica of the Colt Navy 44. You just do not insert a cartridge in those. You have to hand load and seat every bullet. How could that be an accident?
View Quote

From what I've read, it was a Colt SAA clone. Probably Uberti or some such.

But a Colt Navy or Remington (or replica) can be easily fitted with "bored-through" conversion cylinders to shoot centerfire ammo.

They've been doing that for over a century.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't be surprised if someone intentionally put real bullets in the gun...

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

His finger was on the trigger, he is the principal of responsibility. Anyone else that touched the gun is an accomplice.
View Quote

Furthermore, it was a deliberately fired shot. Fucking around and reckless, and unaware that it was a loaded cartridge, but deliberately fired.

It was a single-action revolver.

You have to thumb back the hammer (step 1), which tends to tilt the barrel upwards and press your trigger finger to the front of the trigger guard.

Then you have to aim while rewrapping your finger on the trigger (step 2).

Then you pull the trigger (step 3).

I've seen negligent discharges with semi-auto pistols and DA revolvers.

You can't negligently discharge a single action revolver without (first) deliberately cocking the fucker and putting it into firing mode.

Anytime someone cocks a revolver, SA or DA, and it's not at the range with the barrel pointed downrange, your sphincter should automatically contract.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've not seen any specific weapon identification.
Is this a public source or a private conversation?
View Quote

It was a 'cartridge' gun.  Colt SAA or derivitive, thereof.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if someone intentionally put real bullets in the gun...
View Quote

Who? And When? The night before, when they were blasting away at rocks?
Then who brought the ammo to let them do that? Live ammo on the set is big bad no-no, unless properly secured.
(So I've read.)

The question then becomes - who checked the gun AFTER? When?
After the (alleged) shooting was done?
Anyone who'd been shooting? No.
The armorer? Apparently not.
The AD? Apparently not.
The actor? Yes. And he killed Halyna Hutchins.

At least 3 times, there was the opportunity for Ms. Hutchins to go home safe, and the crew & cast failed to do their diligence to make that happen.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Seems like complete idiocy to me.

Unprofessional. Just from the perspective that you create the potential for a dangerous situation, with a bad outcome, a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was in the search warrant, wasn't it? So that takes out the idea of it being a cap & ball weapon.

Yep, HG took the spent casing from the gun.
Wonder what happened to it? Hopefully we'll find out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Her age and sex have nothing to do with being qualified.  My kids where qualified far younger then her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
24 year old chick was the Armory Supervisor.

First & Last big production for her!

Her age and sex have nothing to do with being qualified.  My kids where qualified far younger then her.

Knowing safe gun handling is one thing.  Taking responsibility for the safety of others on the level a film armorer does requires maturity beyond the life experience of most 24 year olds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now hold on there partner. Cigarettes and alcohol on them shows are props too. Oddly, the only ATF item that isnt a prop is the explosives
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

According to the Union Prop Master, there should NEVER be even a single round of live ammo on a set, not one.

The entire Union crew walked off the set and were replaced with a non-union crew.  

Shortly thereafter, this shooting occurred.

They also said, even in a movie, you never actually point the gun at a person but off to the side.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why is there even 1 live round on grounds other than a security officer.

According to the Union Prop Master, there should NEVER be even a single round of live ammo on a set, not one.

The entire Union crew walked off the set and were replaced with a non-union crew.  

Shortly thereafter, this shooting occurred.

They also said, even in a movie, you never actually point the gun at a person but off to the side.

When I was involved in WWII re-enacting we had a rule that you never pointed your weapon directly at other re-enactors or the crowd.  We also had ammo inspections and any live rounds got you booted from the event.  Dummy rounds for displays had to be readily identifiable as such.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that’s his point. It’s very likely that many more qualified folks did not get the job, because they didn’t check the right boxes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now hold on there partner. Cigarettes and alcohol on them shows are props too. Oddly, the only ATF item that isnt a prop is the explosives
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are all props. Alcohol is always fake. Cigarettes are real if the actor wants them to be or they are these weird English herbal cigarettes. I’ve seen actors smoke the herbal cigarettes on their own, maybe the just like them
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what I said to my wife...
“Zero reason to have a live round at all on site”

Or why is the gun even able to fire a live round?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/6744E230-9094-4FEE-BD26-B06CD15AA2C7_jpe-2143476.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/C20FD9A6-73AE-477D-8D31-A4C1D2818FDE_jpe-2143477.JPG

Irrelevant because the gun wasn’t supposed to be loaded with blanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#24]
What if Baldwin was secretly banging the camera lady and she was going to tell his wife and destroy him?  Better pull his and her phone and text messages!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
This belongs in the Alec Baldwin forum.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rubber gun, non-firing replica, actual firearm... if it's studio property (or the property of a contracted armorer), it's a "prop" gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can understand why people not involved in making movies would interpret “prop gun” as a gun made specifically for use as a prop and not capable of firing live ammo, as opposed to a regular gun being used as a prop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what I said to my wife...
“Zero reason to have a live round at all on site”

Or why is the gun even able to fire a live round?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/6744E230-9094-4FEE-BD26-B06CD15AA2C7_jpe-2143476.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/C20FD9A6-73AE-477D-8D31-A4C1D2818FDE_jpe-2143477.JPG

It wasn’t supposed to be loaded with live ammo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've not seen any specific weapon identification.
Is this a public source or a private conversation?

Per the Sheriff it was a Pietta revolver.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top