BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not saying they're exactly apples to apples, but Taurus had no problem retailing G2s and G3s around the $200 price point, and lots of choices from S&W, Stoeger, etc. aren't that much more expensive.  I'd question just how much they're losing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just under $200 per pistol.

Our Safariland holster system costs more than the gun.
Not saying they're exactly apples to apples, but Taurus had no problem retailing G2s and G3s around the $200 price point, and lots of choices from S&W, Stoeger, etc. aren't that much more expensive.  I'd question just how much they're losing.
How much do you think CBP and everyone who piggybacks on the contract pays for Glocks?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sink your trigger finger deeper. Might help.
View Quote

That’s what she said…
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've fired two quals on the M17, expert both times. I mean, it's a pistol. I didn't have any particular love nor hate for the M9, I have no particular love nor hate for the M17. I point at targets, pull trigger, the target tends to go down. What more would you like a pistol to do? It's a backup weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still meh on our m18s. I'm qualifying again tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll warm up to them eventually?

I've fired two quals on the M17, expert both times. I mean, it's a pistol. I didn't have any particular love nor hate for the M9, I have no particular love nor hate for the M17. I point at targets, pull trigger, the target tends to go down. What more would you like a pistol to do? It's a backup weapon.
I don't disagree. I ride a desk most of the time and I guess it's my primary weapon now.  If I'm toting an M4 the world has truly gone to shit.  

But I've been shooting some variant of the 92 on duty for the past 25 years military and civilian.  It's grown on me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Combat hold.  People new to Sigs always shoot low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still meh on our m18s. I'm qualifying again tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll warm up to them eventually?

I have numerous Sigs.  None of them shoot low like the M18.  I'll get used to it, but it isn't a Sig problem per se.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was the same way when we switched from glocks to M18s, its just a different feel all around.

Now I much prefer the M18.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to get one but I already have a P365X and it's perfect for my needs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I dig it.

Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice!

US Army issued me an M9 decades ago, got one for myself years later.  It's still good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope that we get a flood of surplus Hipower pistols here in the states.
View Quote

Buddy who served 6 years in the Australian Army said the old Hi Powers are so worn out they practically shoot sideways.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But when you drop a gun in australia it falls up instead of hitting the floor which dramatically reduces NDs
View Quote

Also fires backward……. Damned Coriolis Effect
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At least Australia is closer to India for spare parts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

OOB fire on an m17 using normal ammo.

yeah sure Sig fixed it and sent it back in 3 days....but using normal ammo and it fires out of battery.

FUCK THAT NOISE.

Fuck all of SIG...except their 220 and mk25 series...and 210...and their 550 series..those work fine.

rest of SIG usa is suspect..

never again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was the same way when we switched from glocks to M18s, its just a different feel all around.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/20210204_095324_jpg-2549674.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/20210204_095324_jpg-2549674.JPG
I think part of my problem is I'm so used to Glocks since that's what we use at the PD anymore.  The Sig is just different enough that I might be well served by biting the bullet and buying one for off duty training.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems like Wilson and others have sold a shit load of grip frames.  I think people use it more with the P365, but it is cool to be able to order a new "receiver" to your door without going through an FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But nobody ever uses the modularity because the cost of buying everything (when you can find them) except the FCU is equal to just buying another 320- kinda like how people praise the versatility of an LPVO but leave it on one power.
Seems like Wilson and others have sold a shit load of grip frames.  I think people use it more with the P365, but it is cool to be able to order a new "receiver" to your door without going through an FFL.

I absolutely love my WCP 320. I've shot glocks and 1911s for decades and my ccw is a 2nd gen g19. Have several thousand rounds through the WCP. I did change the guide rod and spring because I shoot 147s.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 2 of the P320s and they are fantastic.

If you are into the 17/19 I wouldn’t worry though because the Crips, Bloods, MS13 as well as most other street gangs are all strapped up with Glocks + the FA switches so there will be plenty of mags around for generations.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No clue, but people have speculated for years how cheap Glocks really were to manufacture.  I'm betting Sig isn't losing too much. And if that's the case, they are really making bank on the Civilian M17s and M18s.
View Quote
That Forbes article in 2003 pegged it at $75/per (~$120 today dollars).  I'm sure there is a shit ton of other costs (legal, shipping, packaging....and of course the bribes/kickbacks)

https://www.forbes.com/global/2003/0331/020.html?sh=13a557bc3eb5
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Psssst.

Please explain how DEVGRU, CAG and the British SAS/SBS main worry is about cost of their weapons, not function.
View Quote

If that were the case they’d all use staccatos
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never warmed up to my 320. Good trigger and shot accurately, just very top heavy and flippy in recoil. As a general issue pistol, I'm sure it's fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just under $200 per pistol.

Our Safariland holster system costs more than the gun.

Great question. They aren’t losing even at 200 per.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 320 has functioned fine, but damn, it's gonna take a lot of rounds to get it to where I can shoot it true. I can't stop dragging it to 7 o'clock low.
View Quote
That's the reverse of what I have run into shooting Glocks. They just weren't for me <shrug>. Doesn't sound like you have a compelling reason to switch to the Sig, IMO.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meh. Aussie SOCOMD forces will use Glock 19’s same as most of USSOCOM.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Psssst.

Please explain how DEVGRU, CAG and the British SAS/SBS main worry is about cost of their weapons, not function.

CAG has already BTDT. It didn't work out well...
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/photo_2022-08-27_15-36-49_jpg-2549684.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/photo_2022-08-27_15-37-01_jpg-2549685.JPG

OOB fire on an m17 using normal ammo.

yeah sure Sig fixed it and sent it back in 3 days....but using normal ammo and it fires out of battery.

FUCK THAT NOISE.

Fuck all of SIG...except their 220 and mk25 series...and 210...and their 550 series..those work fine.

rest of SIG usa is suspect..

never again.
View Quote

If SIG USA could arrange a way to get legit 550's into the country, and they didn't cost an arm and a cock, my feelings about the company would warm considerably.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Sig320 is the covid Vax of handguns. The XD of our decade. Complete cringe POS
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At least Australia is closer to India for spare parts.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

5.56 & .300 BO on the same military logistics supply chain?

I guess they'll be blowing up a bunch of guns with that kind of ammo logistics.

Fucking LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The other weapons that were selected:

SIG MCX in .300 as a PDW.

Interesting choice.

Benelli M3A1.

Accuracy International AX-SR

Barrett M107A1

In a few years they will purchase other new systems for the following roles:

Close Combatant Assault Rifle, Machine Guns, Direct Fire Support Weapons and Grenades.

I assume the SIG MCX in 5.56 will become the standard issue rifle. With them buying the MCX in .300 Blackout it makes a lot of sense they will just buy those for standard issue. I suppose SIG may get a contract for SIGs LMG design.

5.56 & .300 BO on the same military logistics supply chain?

I guess they'll be blowing up a bunch of guns with that kind of ammo logistics.

Fucking LOL.

Makes me wonder who will get it. They say it is a PDW, but I am not seeing tankers and the like getting it. Probably will be kept for some small SF type units.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#28]
mil needs to drop the full size pistols.

peak SIG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have numerous Sigs.  None of them shoot low like the M18.  I'll get used to it, but it isn't a Sig problem per se.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Every SIG I've owned except the P320 shoot the same as every other pistol I've owned.

1. You can choose to retrain yourself to shoot the 320, and then shoot every other pistol high.
2. Spend money to change out sight heights.
3. Sell it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Added to my "In" folder.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But when you drop a gun in australia it falls up instead of hitting the floor which dramatically reduces NDs
View Quote

Naw, it loads itself instead of unloads.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#34]
GLOCK 19

/thread
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#35]
The vast amounts of mUh gLoCk snowflakes being triggered by Sig is hilarious right now
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Who made the military the decider of what is good and bad?

Zev OZ9 master race.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow surprised they didn’t have Glocks already since they are made in that shithole.

Hopefully some Indian mim parts brick the pistol next time they decide to go for the final solution
View Quote

Glocks are made in Australia?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Sig > Glock
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#39]
@packinheavy

How did qualifying with the M18 go?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I did a qual with an M17 not too long ago. I like it just fine. It's the logical choice for a military pistol in 2022.

The whole "gun shoots low" thing is guys not used to European sight pictures. You put the dot over the target, rather than cut it in half. In my experience, you cut the target in half at like 25m, and you'll be POA/POI. At least that's my experience at work.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The whole "gun shoots low" thing is guys not used to European sight pictures. You put the dot over the target, rather than cut it in half. In my experience, you cut the target in half at like 25m, and you'll be POA/POI. At least that's my experience at work.
View Quote

Correct, combat hold vs center hold.  Thing on the thing, pull the thing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#43]
At least Oz will be a lot closer to the spare parts.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@packinheavy

How did qualifying with the M18 go?
View Quote
It went great,  the guns shoot very well. We all just shoot low with them. But overall everyone's score seem to have improved with the simpler trigger system.  The DA/SA of the M9 really messes a lot of people up.

Also, the smaller handed people were thrilled when we put on the smaller grip module.

I'm sure I'll adapt to the sights eventually.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Glock grip angle is superior, IMO.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top