Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never will forget either.  Mrs. Clinton will in all likelyhood be our next President - and I don't think she ever felt the same bloody nose Bill got from that.  And she's actually competent, so buy it up now boys.  But I digress away from the topic now.
View Quote

She isn't competent. Proved that as SoS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All of the American gun manufacturers were scared back then.

All of them.

And the fault: Democrats, Clinton, and Janet Reno.

For al of combat-veteran Bushs faults, the NRA had "access" to him... For right or wrong, he wouldn't have made a move (for right or wrong) without the NRA.

Only liberals had access to Clinton and Reno, and they openly castigated the NRA.

Everybody in the gun business was nervous... And the cause of it was: Democrats, Clinton, and Janet Reno.
View Quote

I remember reading about Remington being soft on gun control back in the late 60s or early 70s. Generally you can count on the big gun companies to be willing to sell out our rights if the stars line up the wrong way. S&W was going along with Clinton's tort attacks on guns. Colt modified their ARs with the large pins, etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bush Jr. didn't "let" anything expire, the renewal bill never reached his desk for him to sign.  If it had, he said multiple times that he would have signed it into law.  You seem to exist in a constant state of denial that any republican could possibly be an enemy to the 2A.
View Quote

Bush made sure it didn't reach his desk. He had the tort reform bill killed after the Dems added a renewal for the AWB to it.

You have a simplified understanding of how things work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And what? That's not good. Is it the sole reason the 1994 AWB passed? Is it even a tiny reason? The democrat party was trying for an AW and mag ban for nearly a decade. Was Bill Ruger god? Did congress sit around playing with their twats until Bill Ruger wrote a letter?
View Quote

The context of the time was that it was expected that the antis would win out. Popular opinion was on their side. Ruger was attempting a compromise that would focus on mags (not ban guns) and allow 15 shot mags. Likely he would be happy to benifit from the fact that such a restriction would hurt Glock more, but nevertheless itr was a compromise intended to protect gun ownership.

Ruger was wrong to thing the antis would compromise. But he wasn't an anti.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Within the context that guns themselves were on the table for a ban... Banning capacity exclusively was the better of two evils.

Keep in mind...

Democrats were the majority.

Democrats had control.

Clinton's gun ban is similar to Obama's health care law.

The context of the time was that majority-Democrats were going to do *something* to ban guns at the national level.

And Rugers, "ban just magazines" pales in comparison to Obama, "Comprehensive restrictions to gun rights.

Ruger (and every other manufacturer) thought Clinton, Reno, and majority Democrats were going to ban everything. Everything.

Do I agree with Ruger. Absolutely not. Absolutely not.

But looking back at the context, I can see he (and SW, and Winchester, etc etc) was between a rock and a hard place...

Rugers comments cannot compete with Clinton, and Reno, and Obama... Ruger was a Fudd. Plain and simple. He was a Fudd who honestly screwed up.

But why didnt Ruger do the same while Reagan was in office. Or Bush sr?!

They could have did a ban similar to Clinton!?!?!

Ruger thought Clinton and Reno and majority Dems were going to destroy all gun rights and all gun companies. He honestly did...
View Quote

True, and behind that opinion polling suggested the antis would win. The major gun companies approached the issue with compromise. The same mistake NRA made in '68. Ruger was only different in being more vocal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

and yet they make pistols with 15+ round cap and ar15s.
View Quote

They didn't make either untill after Bill Ruger died.

dp
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the responses.  I understand now why people talk shit about Ruger here from time to time.  In 1994 I was in high school and so all this Bill Ruger stuff is a history lesson for me.  If someone from Ruger were to do that today I would be pissed at them as well.  I also wasn't aware that Ruger had a reputation as being guns for Fudds.  My personal experience with their firearms has been great so I just didn't "get" all the hatred towards them I see here and hear on the radio gun shows. This thread has enlightened me to the sources of some of the Ruger dislike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

dp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dp

The 15rd Ruger P85 came out in... 1985. (technically, as the only people that saw them in 1985 were gun writers, and it took a couple years for them to actually hit dealer shelves)
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ruger said stuff like he never intended regular people to have hi cap magazines for minis. You're polishing a turd.  
View Quote

Frankly, S&Ws willingness to fold to the Clinton tort effort was actually worse. All the major gun companies were willing and ready to go along with restrictions that they considered "reasonable". Ruger was just more vocal.

I'm not arguing Ruger was right BTW. There is an element of crony capitialism in what he was doing; he pushed for a ban on mags over 15 rounds, which would have hurt Glock and not Ruger. But back then the momentum was with the antis, and that is why the gun companies were ready to play ball.

Hating on Bill Ruger misses the point, that we can't trust the industry to fight for our rights.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I did not know about them not selling to CA..if true I'll have to read up on that.

At best I have a "love/hate" relationship with Ruger.  

I am 46, so have seen my share of Rugers over the years..What I hate to see is that the level of QC has gone down significantly from what I remember seeing in the 80's.  The products are functional, but more and more I see things come from the factory that look like monkeys put them together.  

I really like their MK series 22's, especially the MKIIs of which I own a couple and will hunt pristine ones down on GB.  I hate what they did to the MKIII (mag disconnect, LCI).

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#16]

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ruger was siding with the gun banner well before the Clinton's were in power and was, arguably, a bigger problem than Ruger but that's like arguing that Quisling was a bigger traitor than Benedict Arnold, "does it really matter"?
View Quote

After '88 there was a major push for an AWB. The antis had had EBRs in their sights for several years, and after the Stockton shooting they smelled blood. My take on Ruger is that he was attempting a compromise that would defend guns, sell out mags and benifit his company. The other large gun companies were likewise willing to play ball.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Like what?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not know about them not selling to CA..if true I'll have to read up on that.

At best I have a "love/hate" relationship with Ruger.  

I am 46, so have seen my share of Rugers over the years..What I hate to see is that the level of QC has gone down significantly from what I remember seeing in the 80's.  The products are functional, but more and more I see things come from the factory that look like monkeys put them together.

I really like their MK series 22's, especially the MKIIs of which I own a couple and will hunt pristine ones down on GB.  I hate what they did to the MKIII (mag disconnect, LCI).

Like what?  

I've seen more than one instance of Ruger rimfire pistols showing very poor finishing and polishing on the exterior...The current MKIII hunter I have was sent back to Ruger because of a deep scratch around the crown (did not notice this until I got home), and inside the pistol around the chamber area looks very rough compared to the MKIIs I own.

Not only that but the trigger sucked ass, often times failing to reset properly.  Even after going back to Ruger it still malfunctions but at a lower rate (once every 100-150 rounds).
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Never held a Ruger Safari Magnum in 416 Rigby or 458 Lott I'm guessing?  

Good to exceptional Circassian walnut, integral quarter rib, express sights all for less than $1500 when they made them.

Probably the best bargain in an off the shelf rifle from a big maker in the last 50 years.  A rifle with the exact same features would cost 2-3X as much from a custom maker.

Actually I have. And I'll be goddamned if a single red cent of mine ever fills the coffers of the fucking company. I would rather sharpen $2000 in pennies and swallow them than give them to anything associated with the lineage of that motherfucker. I'd gladly laugh and smile as they tore open my asshole knowing flushing poo covered bloody pennies into my septic was less of a waste then supporting those assholes.

And if your argument is they are "good" or "best bargain" than that's not too credible to me since I'm a fucking gun snob. I don't buy cheap shit and I sure as fuck don't support those who stuck knives in our backs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old Bill Ruger (May satan be fucking his ass in hell) fucked us in '94.
Also they make piece of shit, redneck guns. Plus Bill was a cocksucking traitor piece of shit.

Never held a Ruger Safari Magnum in 416 Rigby or 458 Lott I'm guessing?  

Good to exceptional Circassian walnut, integral quarter rib, express sights all for less than $1500 when they made them.

Probably the best bargain in an off the shelf rifle from a big maker in the last 50 years.  A rifle with the exact same features would cost 2-3X as much from a custom maker.

Actually I have. And I'll be goddamned if a single red cent of mine ever fills the coffers of the fucking company. I would rather sharpen $2000 in pennies and swallow them than give them to anything associated with the lineage of that motherfucker. I'd gladly laugh and smile as they tore open my asshole knowing flushing poo covered bloody pennies into my septic was less of a waste then supporting those assholes.

And if your argument is they are "good" or "best bargain" than that's not too credible to me since I'm a fucking gun snob. I don't buy cheap shit and I sure as fuck don't support those who stuck knives in our backs

Bill is dead.  His company repudiated his legacy.  You may not be interested in Ruger's offerings, but having a budget minded manufacturer that turns out quality is good because it gets more people into gun owning.

Most people who get into the gun culture start with "entry" level guns and graduate over time to "premium" guns as their interests and knowledge grows.

Also, your Rusted Ace Junior style of posting is cute.  It's better and funnier when he does it though.

It's a "big mac" versus "big mick" thing.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ruger was siding with the gun banner well before the Clinton's were in power and was, arguably, a bigger problem than Ruger but that's like arguing that Quisling was a bigger traitor than Benedict Arnold, "does it really matter"?

bill ruger is a great example of the "fuck one goat" story, for all his great firearm designs, work with casting etc, he died a goatfucker.

I don't hold that against ruger anymore than I think Henry Ford being anti Semitic is a good reason for not buying an F150
View Quote

This man gets it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#21]
My dislike for Ruger is mainly because of the guns I've owned. Mini 14, piece of fucking junk, what good is a 223 that can only shoot pie plate groups at 100. Mkiii, what evil mind thought up its disassembly/reassembly. M77, a long gun that I can't trust to 200 yards. If the main function of a gun is to hit what you're aiming at they come up short.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Ruger gets better ever day

To move away from their fudd image tossing us under the bus in 92, they have:

Released an awesome pistol AR-15
Released an AR-10
Built 2 flavors of 70's series 1911's (note colt still dicks around predominantly with 80's series)
Moved their billboard of warnings and instructions to the dustcover or other inconspicuous location.
Suppressor hosts everywhere in the Rimfire lineup
Hi caps for the mini-14/30's widely avaliable and affordable
BX-25 and BX-25x2. Fucking godsend to Rimfire enthusiasts
Replaced the blocky, cheesy P-series with the Kimber designed SR series of polymer striker guns with hi cap and concealed carry variety
Pocket guns galore

Anyone still hating on modern ruger is missing out.  I still don't see myself with any of their polymer centerfire handguns or double action revolvers, but everything we is a compelling package that indicates that they think things out, listen to their customers, and deliver reasonably priced packages that make sense and answer specific consumer needs.

Screw Bill, but the new stockholders can have my money.  Ruger has some great stuff.   Will be buying a Ruger scout rifle as a general purpose bolt gun shortly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Also, back last winter when CT was a battleground for our new AWB, Ruger came out swinging for us.

They mounted a big fight along with Colt, Stag, Mossberg, Savage, S&W, and NSSF.   But the fix was in, and we were up against insurmountable odds.  Their effort did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Old Bill would not have had done that.  He would had lobbied to get colts banned and the minis and his AR's exempted.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#24]
It's the Bill Ruger stance that did it for a lot of us.

They are way better now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Recalls lots of them
View Quote

You mean they care enough about their customer to get out in front of the problem rather than cross their fingers and hope nobody gets hurt and try to blame their problem on reloads or something?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#26]
With the recent price increases of the Macs and Uzis, my first full auto is probably going to be an AC556.

funny how this fudd, civilian hating company continues to support civilian owners of a machine gun that has been out of production for 20 years rebuilding with whatever parts they still have for very reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ruger wrote the letter encouraging Congress to enact a magazine ban on March 30, 1989.  Bill Clinton didn't become president until 1993.  If then president Bush Sr. was such as friend to the 2A, why would Bill Ruger fear an outright gun ban?  Maybe Ruger's motives weren't as pure as the wind driven snow, or maybe Bush Sr wasn't a friend of the 2A that you and your buddy claim that he was.  It's one or the other.

What was the "headshot" comment you made to me earlier?
View Quote

The failure of the FUDDS to realize that the 'tards want to prohibit the private ownership of firearms as their ultimate goal has always pissed us off.

No concessions, no compromise and NEVER give up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun"
View Quote

That statement died with Bill Ruger. The company has not followed that statement. Some people can not let go of butt hurt even when it's been dead and gone for a while now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pensky has destroyed your arguments... He has delivered effective answers to your slanted one-sided arguments...

Ruger was a Fudd. No doubt.

It was Clinton, Reno, and a Democrat Congress who passed anti-gun laws.

The letter Ruger wrote was to a Democrat congress... Meh.

All of the gun manufacturers acted weird. SW signed an agreement with Reno that their guns would not be sold in stores where kids could see the gun sales. Impossible to enforce. SW guns were sold by FFLs all over the country in stores and shops where kids could enter. impossible to enforce But they signed it nonetheless.

They all acted foolishly towards gun rights.

I Can't say that Rugers motivations in dealing with a democrat controlled congress were selfish when S and W was meeting with Janet Reno to discuss how to sell their guns where kids won't see the guns...

Ruger was a bonafide Fudd... Nobody is arguing with you on that...

But it was Democrats who were pushing gun control...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:
Ruger wrote the letter encouraging Congress to enact a magazine ban on March 30, 1989.  Bill Clinton didn't become president until 1993.  If then president Bush Sr. was such as friend to the 2A, why would Bill Ruger fear an outright ban?  Maybe Ruger's motives weren't as pure as the wind driven snow, or maybe Bush Sr wasn't a friend of the 2A that you and your buddy claim that he was.  It's one or the other.

What was the "headshot" comment you made to me earlier?

Pensky has destroyed your arguments... He has delivered effective answers to your slanted one-sided arguments...

Ruger was a Fudd. No doubt.

It was Clinton, Reno, and a Democrat Congress who passed anti-gun laws.

The letter Ruger wrote was to a Democrat congress... Meh.

All of the gun manufacturers acted weird. SW signed an agreement with Reno that their guns would not be sold in stores where kids could see the gun sales. Impossible to enforce. SW guns were sold by FFLs all over the country in stores and shops where kids could enter. impossible to enforce But they signed it nonetheless.

They all acted foolishly towards gun rights.

I Can't say that Rugers motivations in dealing with a democrat controlled congress were selfish when S and W was meeting with Janet Reno to discuss how to sell their guns where kids won't see the guns...

Ruger was a bonafide Fudd... Nobody is arguing with you on that...

But it was Democrats who were pushing gun control...

Wow.  I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.  

I accept that some here (you, Pensky, that guy from CA) want to rationalize anti-2A behavior when the actor is someone who should be defending the 2A.  At the same time, you imply that I'm a liberal sympathizer when I point out the obvious: there are some R's who are no friend of the 2A.  That's pretty sad.  

I'll await your defense of Chris Christie.  People like you are the reason people like Christie get the R nomination.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#30]

I don't know about hate but I would never recommend a basic Ruger 10-22 as a first semi .22 what with their quality issues.

The idea of Ruger's basic 10-22 today seems more of a "here is a so-so .22, now throw money at it to get it to run right".

That said Ruger's LCR, American Rimfire, and TD 10-22 are very nice weapons. The trader Bill Ruger is long dead along with his ideas at the company so if they would get their basic 10-22 up to snuff I would have no issue with them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know about hate but I would never recommend a basic Ruger 10-22 as a first semi .22 what with their quality issues.

The idea of Ruger's basic 10-22 today seems more of a "here is a so-so .22, now throw money at it to get it to run right".

That said Ruger's LCR, American Rimfire, and TD 10-22 are very nice weapons. The trader Bill Ruger is long dead along with his ideas at the company so if they would get their basic 10-22 up to snuff I would have no issue with them.

View Quote

You know that there are a whole bunch of "basic" 10/22s. Maybe ten different models.  Which one sucks again?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bill Ruger, back when Clinton got elected, went before congress and said to limit magazine capacity, and not specific guns.

Everyone was scared an aggressive DOJ under Janet Reno was going to destroy American firearms businesses.

Ruger said what he said.

I think he thought he was fighting a fight he was worried of losing...

Within the context that Barry Goldwater said that no one needs anything besides bolt-actions, Ruger was a Fudd among Fudds...

But... Ruger is dead. Long since dead.

The company markets to the middle-market. You can find better and worse of all their products.

Top of the line? Best of the best?

For middle-market, their producs are pretty good. And they market their weapons with standard capacity...
View Quote

This

While Winchester, Remington, marlin, etc were going through their moves, reorganizations, or outright re-births, a lot of people didn't want to chance it with other American guns.   Imported guns always had a very loose customer support structure.  The importer sometimes helped you if they could, key words "if they could"

Ruger was and always is a known Commodity.  Service was never a problem.  Buy their guns and they would still be there in NH and CT.  Winchester?  Gone. Just a brand of FN Herstal now.   Some people don't like to dick around.  Ruger was there for them.

You guys don't know how easy you got it with the level of customer service that the competitive AR market has to bring to the table. 20-30 years ago, shit was a lot different
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:59:15 AM EDT
[#33]
In addition to the justifiable Bill Ruger hate:  
Mini 14 - fun little update of the M1 carbine.  But mags are expensive and it's about as accurate as an M1 carbine, which is to say, not accurate at all.
Ruger P89 (and related semiautos) - reliable (with good mags) but bulky and heavy with a trigger pull that is measured in furlongs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I remember reading about Remington being soft on gun control back in the late 60s or early 70s. Generally you can count on the big gun companies to be willing to sell out our rights if the stars line up the wrong way. S&W was going along with Clinton's tort attacks on guns. Colt modified their ARs with the large pins, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of the American gun manufacturers were scared back then.

All of them.

And the fault: Democrats, Clinton, and Janet Reno.

For al of combat-veteran Bushs faults, the NRA had "access" to him... For right or wrong, he wouldn't have made a move (for right or wrong) without the NRA.

Only liberals had access to Clinton and Reno, and they openly castigated the NRA.

Everybody in the gun business was nervous... And the cause of it was: Democrats, Clinton, and Janet Reno.

Absolutely. Yep.

The manufacturers were scared, and their lawyers started telling them to grab their ankles for the Clinton's...

For right or wrong, every manufacturer was complicit... Which paints a picture that the DOJ and Clinton were turning  the screws and making threats...
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You know that there are a whole bunch of "basic" 10/22s. Maybe ten different models.  Which one sucks again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the taper barrel models save the TD. Hell it's not unusual to see them come out of the box with a loose V-block. No excuse for that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I like their whole line with the exception of anything semi-auto centerfire.  that whole P series was too overbuilt and clunky for the ammo they fired.... and the the rifles accuracy speaks for itself. Can't warm up to the SR series either, except for the SR22.   Rimfires, cool. Bolt guns, cool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:27:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fine as in...sucks...if so I agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People bitch about taking down Mark IIs.  I've found it fine once you do it a few times.

Fine as in...sucks...if so I agree.

Well, a lot of people have problems tying their shoes.  I bet you are in the slip on or velcro crowd.

Ruger makes some great revolvers.  I have 6.  They are built like a battleship and will last several lifetimes.  I have the .45/22 and a couple 10/22s.  They are also great firearms.

As far as their semi auto center fires, two friends bought them.  One broke a slide stop the first day out.  The other had an improper trigger pin that would work its way out.  Both were fixed under warranty and seemed fine after.  It doesn't inspire confidence.  Their semi auto centerfires are among the ugliest guns on the market.  Recently they are somewhat more appealing, but still ugly.  I do plan to acquire a 1911 when I find a used one at a decent price.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wow.  I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.  

I accept that some here (you, Pensky, that guy from CA) want to rationalize anti-2A behavior when the actor is someone who should be defending the 2A.  At the same time, you imply that I'm a liberal sympathizer when I point out the obvious: there are some R's who are no friend of the 2A.  That's pretty sad.  

I'll await your defense of Chris Christie.  People like you are the reason people like Christie get the R nomination.  

View Quote

No.

It is folks like you claim you sit on the sideline, and say, "I am just waiting for the ideal candidate to come along. Then. Then I will vote Republican. Oh, none of them are pure in every single way. Might as well attack conservative Republicans, and you all might as well support liberal Democrats."

A troll could never last here by outright saying, "vote democrat." But, "the Republican isn't perfect, might as well, might as well vote for the liberal Democrat," is somehow a popular stance.

Ruger was a Fudd. S and W was stupid for making deals with the DoJ. All the manufacturers were complicit in being willing to compromise with Democrats...

But it was the fault of Democrats turning screws that scared gun manufacturers into going-off half-cocked.

You like to exempt reality from your attacks of conservatives. You like to leave-out important context as you build your straw-man before you tear it down.

Context is everything.

Political reality is everything.

The fact that Democrat mayors were suing gun manufacturers, and the case was making its way through the courts is important context.

Leave it out, in a discussion of why all manufacturers started acting funny, and the manufacturers all acting funny makes no sense.

Leaving out the fact that Reagan dealt with democrat majorities is leaving-out important context of compromise Reagan had to make. Same with Romney. Romney had to deal with Democrat super-majorities.

Political reality is everything. Context is everything. You seem interested in panting with a broad brush and leaving-out important elements of context as you build your straw-man...

Yeah... The ideal, perfect, pure conservative ony exists in the minds of liberal Democrats and the certified retarded...

And the political reality of the situation back-then was that every manufacturer was acting stupid because they reacted wrongly to a growing political threat created solely by --wait for it-- LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Mikhail_86 you are being obtuse and unreasonable beyond all logical conclusions.

If TSX was still around, he would had throttled this to 20 pages by now using the same silly arguments you are using.

Just admit it.  You don't know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

All the taper barrel models save the TD. Hell it's not unusual to see them come out of the box with a loose V-block. No excuse for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your sample size?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Comprehensive restrictions to gun rights."

Sitting in the Oval Office right this second.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with my taper barrel.  It's going to Randy at CPC for a chamber and crown, but I tend to dick around with all of my Rugers.   It's fine with good ammo.   My marlins will out shoot it, but I really can't complain for what it is.   No vblock issues either.  I think most can't shoot better than they can make excuses
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Me like ................

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

they hate them because;
not glock.
they are cheap.
they are very reliable.

my first handgun was a Ruger P94, still have it. great gun, accurate, extremely reliable.
also own a redhawk .44mag, a SP101 .357 snubby and a 10/22.
all great guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The thread today talking about how Ruger will no longer be selling to CA brought this to my attention again.  

Throughout the years I've seen a lot of shit talking here about Ruger's semi auto handguns and occasionally their rifles as well.  I also listen to a radio show, Guns Over Texas, on Sundays and the hosts also talk shit about Ruger handguns from time to time.  I've never heard anything specific just that they "suck".  

So what specifically sucks about them?  Enlighten me.

they hate them because;
not glock.
they are cheap.
they are very reliable.

my first handgun was a Ruger P94, still have it. great gun, accurate, extremely reliable.
also own a redhawk .44mag, a SP101 .357 snubby and a 10/22.
all great guns.

All true....

But if you aren't completely lying ot yourself you know Bill Ruger was a backstabbing asshole to the very people he was selling to.

The only gun of theirs I would even consider that I don't think I could get reliably as good or better in another brand is the 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That doesn't exist anymore.
Anyone who dislikes Ruger because of that is a MORAN!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't exist anymore.
Anyone who dislikes Ruger because of that is a MORAN!

Oeven worse a MORON
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus - Bill Ruger makes a dumbass statement 30 years ago and everyone still has a hard on for him. He's dead. The company obviously doesn't have that current sentiment, and has expanded their lines to include evil ARs.

I know the Mini14 can be hit or miss on quality, and I have never been a fan of their P series, but I love my Mark II and several of their other guns have a good rep. They make decent stuff. To not consider them because Bill was a dipshit once is retarded. Even for his derp, he gave millions to the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I actually like there bolt guns, I have had good luck with all that I have bought, a couple have even became favorite varminters of mine from time to time(257 Roberts and 250 Savage) I have even liked the Minis I have owned because I didn't expect them to be tack drivers, just fun guns, can't really speak much on the handguns side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with my taper barrel.  It's going to Randy at CPC for a chamber and crown, but I tend to dick around with all of my Rugers.   It's fine with good ammo.   My marlins will out shoot it, but I really can't complain for what it is.   No vblock issues either.  I think most can't shoot better than they can make excuses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take my word for it, visit Rimfire Central. There is thread after thread with "out of the box" issues folks are looking for help with.

Hell, most any semi .22 will out-shoot a basic 10-22. Throw a pile of money at it and guess what? You might get it to shoot as good as a vintage Mossberg, Marlin, Savage/Springfield, BRNO, or Remington .22 semi.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't take my word for it, visit Rimfire Central. There is thread after thread with "out of the box" issues folks are looking for help with.

Hell, most any semi .22 will out-shoot a basic 10-22. Throw a pile of money at it and guess what? You might get it to shoot as good as a vintage Mossberg, Marlin, Savage/Springfield, BRNO, or Remington .22 semi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a member there

Plenty of people reporting acceptable or even excellent accuracy too.

Most people are making excuses for themselves so they can ask what aftermarket barrel to buy.

The problem is that nobody wants to ditch the v-blocks.  If they want good accuracy, they really need to get the reciever threaded to the barrel (and clean up the sloppy chamber). The barrels themselves are fine.
Page / 7
Top Top