Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ran a ton of guys who could clear if I was allowed to spot for them. Good consistent shots, often banging away at a 6" area to the left or high or whatever on a 12" square.

They would have hit with spotter calls but they didn't without them
View Quote

Dope goes in the scope cap
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So this sounds like an excuse for rifle but I'm actually serious.

I will look at the ranges on the card but I don't write them down or put dials before my run. Cola to me is how I could do if I was on the clock in real life and I doubt I'm going to have a dope card. This is further cemented by the fact I know I want to improve but I'm self aware I'm not going to put the time in to be Stoner.

So it's an excellent time for me to just glance at what Strelok says the day before. Go there, and work on memorizing which order to go to, shortest to longest. I prioritize that over memorizing holds/dials or exact distances. Then just go out and run that bitch hard as fuck and see what I got. I loved this year Dale did not allow spot calls. Last year he did and much much more people including myself cleared 700.
View Quote

I've got a dope card taped to my rifle now after forgetting it on one of my runs...

We also didn't allow spotters to give corrections this year... about half the runners cleared rifle with targets out to 550.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've got a dope card taped to my rifle now after forgetting it on one of my runs...

We also didn't allow spotters to give corrections this year... about half the runners cleared rifle with targets out to 550.
View Quote

I man what kind of psycho can’t spot for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I man what kind of psycho can’t spot for themselves.
View Quote

The field was half snow and half grass
Even with my NF 2.5-10, I couldn't always see the splash
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dope card on rifle and know your gun number. Spot shot next one should be money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will look at the ranges on the card but I don't write them down or put dials before my run. Cola to me is how I could do if I was on the clock in real life and I doubt I'm going to have a dope card. This is further cemented by the fact I know I want to improve but I'm self aware I'm not going to put the time in to be Stoner.

So it's an excellent time for me to just glance at what Strelok says the day before. Go there, and work on memorizing which order to go to, shortest to longest. I prioritize that over memorizing holds/dials or exact distances. Then just go out and run that bitch hard as fuck and see what I got. I loved this year Dale did not allow spot calls. Last year he did and much much more people including myself cleared 700.

Dope card on rifle and know your gun number. Spot shot next one should be money.

Yep, don't do that or the wristband.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Cola is what really struck home how terrible I was with a handgun btw...

The few shooters I've seen run Staccatos at them have also been people that have actually put the time into handgun shooting to not be awful.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How did the rifle portion go?

With RDS handguns, most cola pistol ranges are getting to a point they aren't too difficult to clear... unless they've got spinners or penalty hits

I really need to go put some work in with my rifle
View Quote

LOL. We had targets at 150 and 190 yards. I hit them with my carry gun (Glock 45 with RMR).
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the targets had a back drop that gave you basically no splash with .223 that could be seen with 10x. Later when I was spotting for score with a couple of shooters, I couldn't easily see their splash at 20x either with a spotting scope I would consider not great but also not terrible.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL. We had targets at 150 and 190 yards. I hit them with my carry gun (Glock 45 with RMR).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With RDS handguns, most cola pistol ranges are getting to a point they aren't too difficult to clear... unless they've got spinners or penalty hits

This event is abnormal. At East I think we'll have one target at 60 and it focuses more on 25-40yd pistol shots with two hostage penalty targets.

150yd pistol is a rarity. Multiple events have various plate racks or spinners but even then, your range time is your range time, so you can game it by shooting one and then moving to rifle and let the star settle.

Keystone is (in my words) the shooters cup of Cola. You need to be good at everything, pistol fast, pistol long, rifle long, rifle offhand, rifle one hand.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

In real life when I was a squad leader if you were my soldier that was my squad's SDM and issued the appropriate weapon system and you showed up to literally anything without your dope card, well, lets just say we would fucking fix your upper body strength problems right on the spot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In real life when I was a squad leader if you were my soldier that was my squad's SDM and issued the appropriate weapon system and you showed up to literally anything without your dope card, well, lets just say we would fucking fix your upper body strength problems right on the spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take my real m19 for 200 yard shots.

I swear people think you need a 2k dollar gun plus optic when a $350 revolver has been doing it for 50 plus years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I swear people think you need a 2k dollar gun plus optic when a $350 revolver has been doing it for 50 plus years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from skill most people don't practice nor ever expect to shoot pistol at 200yds
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

One of the targets had a back drop that gave you basically no splash with .223 that could be seen with 10x. Later when I was spotting for score with a couple of shooters, I couldn't easily see their splash at 20x either with a spotting scope I would consider not great but also not terrible.
View Quote

That’s when you stop fucking about a find a bare spot close to shoot and see splash or keep stacking on more wind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Aside from skill most people don't practice nor ever expect to shoot pistol at 200yds
View Quote

People are pathetic and use gear as a crutch. I practice out to 300 yards weekly with my colt navy black powder.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I probably could have made the shots, actually easier, with my 19-5. Those cost more than $350 now, by the way. Also, because of the equipment requirements of this event, with my 19-5 I would have been limited to 12 rounds total, for two stages with a combined 21 targets. Aint nobody cleaning a 21 target course of fire with 12 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That’s when you stop fucking about a find a bare spot close to shoot and see splash or keep stacking on more wind.
View Quote

I was a little fatigued from doing a bunch of activities immediately beforehand and wasn't having my clearest of thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don’t know. I’m not allowed around schools or kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old is the average Olympic athlete? Lots of teenagers there.

I don’t know. I’m not allowed around schools or kids.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Aint nobody cleaning a 21 target course of fire with 12 rounds.
View Quote
Apparently you've never heard of @ChibaJoe.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

People are pathetic and use gear as a crutch. I practice out to 300 yards weekly with my colt navy black powder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Navy is for faggot cheaters, it's Hawkins flint or nothin'!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't you realize all the training value you have been missing out on not making your training harder?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Don't you realize all the training value you have been missing out on not making your training harder?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you arguing for bows?

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?

Spittin'
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is bizarre how universal that experience is.

I mean in PRS you have a teenage boy and a teenage girl who crush everyone at the highest national level on very frequent occasions over the last few years.

We had some collegiate shooters in Tokyo as well as some middle aged ones.  Gold and silver for a couple rifle shooters from the University of Kentucky.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've never fired a gun before.

Guns kill people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true my first time shooting this year was at Keystone

I've never fired a gun before.

Guns kill people.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?
View Quote

Yes.

For any given training task, the way to improvement is not to give yourself standards for speed and accuracy and increase those standards to be more proficient over the time. That's not what the pros do. The pros use shitty equipment to make their training tasks harder. I was thinking an atlatl should be added to the list as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I probably could have made the shots, actually easier, with my 19-5. Those cost more than $350 now, by the way. Also, because of the equipment requirements of this event, with my 19-5 I would have been limited to 12 rounds total, for two stages with a combined 21 targets. Aint nobody cleaning a 21 target course of fire with 12 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it was a retarded event.

Yeah, $350 5 years ago is like $700 now which is still a shame you need to spend 3x as much to get an auto as accurate.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?

All of it
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#29]
It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.  People tend to forget that.  
Pick something reliable that fits and shoot the hell out of it until it becomes an extension of your mind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pick something reliable that fits and shoot the hell out of it until it becomes an extension of your mind.
View Quote

Those were all the ones that I sold, when out of work. To be honest, they were worked on by some of the best smiths. :-)
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

All of it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?

All of it

Based.

But what you're really arguing for is weapons familiarization which is admirable.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm buying a Staccato just to make the haters mad
View Quote

Maybe we can get a group rate in the HTF? I'm a poor who can't afford full boat on those after blowing most of my toy budget after the pistol RDS thread. Heck,  I'm so poor (how poor are you?) so poor my NODS are monocular.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe we can get a group rate in the HTF? I'm a poor who can't afford full boat on those after blowing most of my toy budget after the pistol RDS thread. Heck,  I'm so poor (how poor are you?) so poor my NODS are monocular.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mono nods best nods unless government free money
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

All of it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?

All of it

CAVE MAN NOISES!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly! Equipment is irrelevant. That's why bows and arrows ultimately defeated revolvers and lever guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Based.

But what you're really arguing for is weapons familiarization which is admirable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spears?

Throwing rocks?

Grappling?

All of it

Based.

Yes

You know the safety of M16s, m249, m1014, and m9 are all different and I've used them all effectively in combat?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes

You know the safety of M16s, m249, m1014, and m9 are all different and I've used them all effectively in combat?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/250px-MCMAP1insignia_jpg-2858682.JPG
View Quote

That slogan is a lot cooler if you're not familiar with MCMAP
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Then it was a retarded event.

Yeah, $350 5 years ago is like $700 now which is still a shame you need to spend 3x as much to get an auto as accurate.
View Quote

I got mine for $500.

You haven't even heard the description of the rest of the event.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I squint real hard at night. NV is cheating and will get you killed in the boogaloo.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I squint real hard at night. NV is cheating and will get you killed in the boogaloo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night vision is a crutch for the weak. Just eat more carrots.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/250px-MCMAP1insignia_jpg-2858682.JPG

I actually liked MCMAP.

Super basic and repetitive drills is what makes effective techniques in a real fight.

Plus I love body hardening.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I actually liked MCMAP.

Super basic and repetitive drills is what makes effective techniques in a real fight.

View Quote

Body hardening was removed sometime between 2006 and 2008.

Those repetitive drills might help if they were continuously repeated... but that's not what happens. People get sent to a course for a belt... and then touch on it maybe once a year for PT.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Those repetitive drills might help if they were continuously repeated... but that's not what happens. People get sent to a course for a belt... and then touch on it maybe once a year for PT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually liked MCMAP.

Boo

I got my first black belt at 12. Tang Soo Do is hardly a combat art but by gosh I swear to God I've used one steps is actually combat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Boo

I got my first black belt at 12. Tang Soo Do is hardly a combat art but by gosh I swear to God I've used one steps is actually combat.
View Quote

How MCMAP was planned and envisioned was amazing. It's implementation went to crap sadly
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

To recap:
Your autistic SOF Glock rant was a response to a discussion I was having, with someone else, about how out of date their bullshit mentality was. That mentality was/is centered around the idea that better guns with more options and features, somehow aren't better. I've also mentioned several times in this thread that I don't own a Staccato, but do own Glocks. You seemed completely unaware of what was being discussed, but got all triggered, because I mentioned sarcastically and accurately, that the military generally doesn't know shit or care about pistols.

Then I just started mocking you for your inability to follow what is being discussed and why... Which you've shown yet again.

To recap, this has been how you and another one come out looking in this thread:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif
View Quote
You're right, I'm sorry.  I don't think I was understanding what you were saying.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you speaking my language so clearly right now

Let’s do it
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Heck,  I'm so poor (how poor are you?) so poor my NODS are monocular.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Meh, mine was $675 and worth every penny. 1000% better than fantastic plastic. Simply amazing out of the box.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#50]
And some people think a high point carbine is as good as a mp5.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top