Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn this thread turned into a trainwreck.
View Quote

We are no where near lock territory.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain somehow in every firearms competition there is a boomer with a revolver and a 14yo girl that come there with the sole duty to wreck people's ego.

The real difference is who comes back and laughs it off and who makes excuses for it.
View Quote

There are those that say they will have to train harder and those that say they need $1500 in accessories to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There are those that say they will have to train harder and those that say they need $1500 in accessories to shoot.
View Quote

My equipment was holding me back so I upgraded. Then I realized it wasn’t even fun or fair for the people I was shooting against so I actually down graded to a colt single action. Now I obviously still crush everyone but it’s at least a little more challenging.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain somehow in every firearms competition there is a boomer with a revolver and a 14yo girl that come there with the sole duty to wreck people's ego.

The real difference is who comes back and laughs it off and who makes excuses for it.

Correct there is no balance whatsoever between training and equipment
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Me and 30 other ppl got wrecked by a 13 year old kid in a high power match.  That was hard on the ego.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.

One of my acquantances in my local USPSA club has a 15 year old daughter that has been consistently either outshooting me, or coming close, since I met them (she was 13).

She got me again Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

And there are those who say what we need and don't need without any forethought into the discussion. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The future is now, old man.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, lets pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
View Quote

I think you can get Stack-A-Toes on the LE discount for about 1800.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My equipment was holding me back so I upgraded. Then I realized it wasn’t even fun or fair for the people I was shooting against so I actually down graded to a colt single action. Now I obviously still crush everyone but it’s at least a little more challenging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me and 30 other ppl got wrecked by a 13 year old kid in a high power match.  That was hard on the ego.
View Quote

Quoted:

Yes.

One of my acquantances in my local USPSA club has a 15 year old daughter that has been consistently either outshooting me, or coming close, since I met them (she was 13).

She got me again Sunday.
View Quote

It is bizarre how universal that experience is.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

She got me again Sunday.

Young people don't have as many bad habits to overcome.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Also this thread is racist against people with out the mental capacity to operate a safety such as myself.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I did in IDPA after shooting steel matches.

Downgraded to my carry gear and normal clothes and still smoked them (Beretta 92FS with a trigger job). Got bored doing that and training burned me out.

Now I do carry drills at the range and screw around the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm buying a Staccato just to make the haters mad
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just ordered, normal serration cut, bull stainless, with RMR, no personalization, no rush option, for the Staccato P.
View Quote

You will love it I have the P LE and Ordered the XC 3 weeks ago using their Heros program hopefully end of August
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Also this thread is racist against people with out the mental capacity to operate a safety such as myself.
View Quote

We try to be as bigoted as possible so we can disenfranchise as many people as possible
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We try to be as bigoted as possible so we can disenfranchise as many people as possible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I demand a pride month where the sexual activities of da/sa proponents is not only acknowledged and celebrated but encouraged.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I demand a pride month where the sexual activities of da/sa proponents is not only acknowledged and celebrated but encouraged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DECOCK THE HAMMER OR WE'LL TAKE U TO COURT
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean in PRS you have a teenage boy and a teenage girl who crush everyone at the highest national level on very frequent occasions over the last few years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No one could have predicted the amount of brain rot the internet would create.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From a young age I was prepared for the world to be evil and cruel but I was never prepared for it also to be this gay and stupid

No one could have predicted the amount of brain rot the internet would create.

Well.... We were all supposed to be dead years ago from global warming.... So there's that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you admit to trolling, cool. Not great, not good either and very low quality just like your arguments
View Quote

I know you are but what am I?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

A troll projecting his trolling.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neener neener!

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bought an STI Staccato for $1200 last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, let's pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
Feel free to list the site where you obtained it for such a low price.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Neener neener!

View Quote

You cannot effectively counter argue the message so you you resort to attacking and trolling the messenger instead just because you happen to not like him?

Rent. Free. That's really sad. Seek help with your mental personality disorder.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, let's pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
Used from a neighbor, admittedly an anomaly.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've trained a bunch, and still want some baller new equipment...
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think it's strange that you keep bringing up the Colt SAA with the intent of making fun of people who eschew the latest technology because your Staccato gun has some odd features from the early 1900s like the swinging link, grip safety, internal extractor, and recessed locking lugs.  Are those key features for you or do you just like to tinker with old bullshit like that?  I'm sorry that made that plunger tube integral with the frame so you can't work on those rivets when they come loose.  Maybe another brand would have been better for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have just a few more questions to complete this circle jerk. Have they seen more combat than General Patton's 3rd Army in Europe? What do they think of the SAA as a combat sidearm?
I think it's strange that you keep bringing up the Colt SAA with the intent of making fun of people who eschew the latest technology because your Staccato gun has some odd features from the early 1900s like the swinging link, grip safety, internal extractor, and recessed locking lugs.  Are those key features for you or do you just like to tinker with old bullshit like that?  I'm sorry that made that plunger tube integral with the frame so you can't work on those rivets when they come loose.  Maybe another brand would have been better for you.

To recap:
Your autistic SOF Glock rant was a response to a discussion I was having, with someone else, about how out of date their bullshit mentality was. That mentality was/is centered around the idea that better guns with more options and features, somehow aren't better. I've also mentioned several times in this thread that I don't own a Staccato, but do own Glocks. You seemed completely unaware of what was being discussed, but got all triggered, because I mentioned sarcastically and accurately, that the military generally doesn't know shit or care about pistols.

Then I just started mocking you for your inability to follow what is being discussed and why... Which you've shown yet again.

To recap, this has been how you and another one come out looking in this thread:

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Speaking old tech, your church of muh striker was invented in the 1890's and then put into a handgun shortly thereafter.

https://americanhandgunner.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AHND17-WIN-1.png

Why do you like to tinker with polymer strikers invented 50 years ago and tout them as the latest technology complete with massive uses of logical fallacies? By your own account, you too even disregard what you're preaching making this entire thing counterintuitive to argue over. It's just shitposting for a reaction playing the devil's advocate stirring the pot of division with.

@missilegeek, he's trolling and we've been feeding him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think you can get Stack-A-Toes on the LE discount for about 1800.
View Quote
Pretty sure mine was a shade over $2k before options and tax, with the discount.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's not shooting at speed on multiple targets.  That is accurate shooting one shot per target.  While it is amazing shooting, it not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVuER5uPNk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's not shooting at speed on multiple targets.  That is accurate shooting one shot per target.  While it is amazing shooting, it not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVuER5uPNk

He is using a race gun with mrds, aftermarket trigger... So using your logic, he must not know how to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From a young age I was prepared for the world to be evil and cruel but I was never prepared for it also to be this gay and stupid
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I mean in PRS you have a teenage boy and a teenage girl who crush everyone at the highest national level on very frequent occasions over the last few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old is the average Olympic athlete? Lots of teenagers there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I too have been riggity rekt by that teenage girl in a PRS match. This year at the same match I'll be RO'ing instead of shooting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How old is the average Olympic athlete? Lots of teenagers there.
View Quote

I don’t know. I’m not allowed around schools or kids.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I too have been riggity rekt by that teenage girl in a PRS match. This year at the same match I'll be RO'ing instead of shooting.
View Quote

Lol was it Zane?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He is using a race gun with mrds, aftermarket trigger... So using your logic, he must not know how to shoot.
View Quote

Damn...another one that doesn't know the difference between training and competition.  

No wonder there are so many crappy shooters on this forum
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Damn...another one that doesn't know the difference between training and competition.  

View Quote

Well most of them don't ever shoot... thats probably a big part of it
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true my first time shooting this year was at Keystone
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

How did the rifle portion go?

With RDS handguns, most cola pistol ranges are getting to a point they aren't too difficult to clear... unless they've got spinners or penalty hits

I really need to go put some work in with my rifle
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With RDS handguns, most cola pistol ranges are getting to a point they aren't too difficult to clear... unless they've got spinners or penalty hits

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I missed the 700yd and the 665yd.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never fired a gun before.

Guns kill people.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Guns kill people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guns kill people.

Yep it's trash.

Internet discussion only
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lol was it Zane?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

223? I wouldn't expect most to get those hits unless it's something they practice occasionally
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#47]
BTW wind calling sucks when Kestrel integrates into a scope I will buy that lmao
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

223? I wouldn't expect most to get those hits unless it's something they practice occasionally
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So this sounds like an excuse for rifle but I'm actually serious.

I will look at the ranges on the card but I don't write them down or put dials before my run. Cola to me is how I could do if I was on the clock in real life and I doubt I'm going to have a dope card. This is further cemented by the fact I know I want to improve but I'm self aware I'm not going to put the time in to be Stoner.

So it's an excellent time for me to just glance at what Strelok says the day before. Go there, and work on memorizing which order to go to, shortest to longest. I prioritize that over memorizing holds/dials or exact distances. Then just go out and run that bitch hard as fuck and see what I got. I loved this year Dale did not allow spot calls. Last year he did and much much more people including myself cleared 700.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I ran a ton of guys who could clear if I was allowed to spot for them. Good consistent shots, often banging away at a 6" area to the left or high or whatever on a 12" square.

They would have hit with spotter calls but they didn't without them
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So this sounds like an excuse for rifle but I'm actually serious.

I will look at the ranges on the card but I don't write them down or put dials before my run. Cola to me is how I could do if I was on the clock in real life and I doubt I'm going to have a dope card. This is further cemented by the fact I know I want to improve but I'm self aware I'm not going to put the time in to be Stoner.

So it's an excellent time for me to just glance at what Strelok says the day before. Go there, and work on memorizing which order to go to, shortest to longest. I prioritize that over memorizing holds/dials or exact distances. Then just go out and run that bitch hard as fuck and see what I got. I loved this year Dale did not allow spot calls. Last year he did and much much more people including myself cleared 700.
View Quote

Dope card on rifle and know your gun number. Spot shot next one should be money.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top