Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Springfield does some dumb shit on their 1911s but they get most of the big stuff right.  I just wish they could consistently fit barrels.  
View Quote
I was pleasantly surprised with the barrel fit on the Prodigy. I bought a TRP Operator several years ago and the fit was horrendous. I sent it off to MARS Armament for work. It ended up costing more than the gun but it runs like clockwork. Of course back then I didn't have the luxury of free time to do it myself like I do today.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I did. Zero reply. Go figure.
View Quote
Once you have a weapon that has a quality issue it's hard to know how paranoid you want to be.  What % of the parts do you replace just in case they're dumb?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Are you familiar with; the false appeal to authority, logical fallacy?
View Quote
Yes, and we're all aware that large organizations do some dumb stuff from time to time, like so many police departments using the Remington 870 in the 4+1 configuration for no apparent reason.  It's not a logically perfect argument but a bit of a reality check.  The spec ops guys have seen a lot of combat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, and we're all aware that large organizations do some dumb stuff from time to time, like so many police departments using the Remington 870 in the 4+1 configuration for no apparent reason.  It's not a logically perfect argument but a bit of a reality check.  The spec ops guys have seen a lot of combat.
View Quote

Reality check? It's a BS argument. Where are the SCAR's then? They too also saw a lot of combat with.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the #1 pistol for top tier military units in the western world right now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has to be one of the dumbest arguments ever. You do realize people in this thread have belonged to several of those very groups  ..right? Given the choice, no I would not have run a Glock. Never did. It was an option but I didn't run one. Berettas were an option and I would run it or a SIG over a Glock any day of the week. 1911's were an option and run by choice.
What is the #1 pistol for top tier military units in the western world right now?
I just realized I didn't respond to this "question."

Right now the current "heat" is the SIG 320 in the "Carry/Compact" configuration. SIG 226 and Glock 19/17's are still around but like any other human being, the "new new" wants to be tried out. The decision is going to greatly depend on:

- what is currently available
- and is mission dependant
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep reading, your math is off by a lot. And dang, that optic ready Glock that is NOT being sold for less than $600 AND you inadvertently raised that number up because I had forgotten to add the weapon light.

Did you even think this through before posting? Nope. Did you take the time to do the math properly even before posting a thoughtless visceral post? Nope. And will a highly trained person with an even better performing gun going to be performing even better? Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does a $500 Glock become a $1500 Glock for carry?

Take the optic out because that's the same. Also the light.

If you want, replace the sights. There's $150 on the high end. Then what? Maybe a trigger job? What's the new Glock performance trigger cost, like less than $100?

Dang. That $500 glock just became $750. Which is what, $2000 less than an entry level 2011 like a Staccato?

Is it going to shoot as well as a Staccato? Nope. Is it going to make a difference in the hands of a mid-level trained guy? Nope.

Keep reading, your math is off by a lot. And dang, that optic ready Glock that is NOT being sold for less than $600 AND you inadvertently raised that number up because I had forgotten to add the weapon light.

Did you even think this through before posting? Nope. Did you take the time to do the math properly even before posting a thoughtless visceral post? Nope. And will a highly trained person with an even better performing gun going to be performing even better? Yup.

Fine, $650. You're spending money on an optic, optic plate and light regardless of whether it's a Glock or not. So even if the sights and trigger bring you to $1k, which they won't, you're still $1500 short of a Staccato.

Your argument is trash.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fine, $650. You're spending money on an optic, optic plate and light regardless of whether it's a Glock or not. So even if the sights and trigger bring you to $1k, which they won't, you're still $1500 short of a Staccato.

Your argument is trash.
View Quote

You didn't do the math at all. I already did it several posts ago when I was discussing it with the other person, which wasn't you and then had to correct your bad math. There is nothing wrong with outfitting a gun with things that costs more when those costs bring function and also happen to not be made in China or bought for bottom dollar that's bottom tier. Either way, a hooked up striker or Staccato to enhance the shooter is doing it smarter.

Your counter argument is straight garbage, just like your trolling.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
AZ Rifleman shoots IDPA.  Bet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you familiar with; the false appeal to authority, logical fallacy?

I have just a few more questions to complete this circle jerk. Have they seen more combat than General Patton's 3rd Army in Europe? What do they think of the SAA as a combat sidearm?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm buying a Staccato just to make the haters mad
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have just a few more questions to complete this circle jerk. Have they seen more combat than General Patton's 3rd Army in Europe? What do they think of the SAA as a combat sidearm?
View Quote
I think it's strange that you keep bringing up the Colt SAA with the intent of making fun of people who eschew the latest technology because your Staccato gun has some odd features from the early 1900s like the swinging link, grip safety, internal extractor, and recessed locking lugs.  Are those key features for you or do you just like to tinker with old bullshit like that?  I'm sorry that made that plunger tube integral with the frame so you can't work on those rivets when they come loose.  Maybe another brand would have been better for you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:59:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think it's strange that you keep bringing up the Colt SAA with the intent of making fun of people who eschew the latest technology because your Staccato gun has some odd features from the early 1900s like the swinging link, grip safety, internal extractor, and recessed locking lugs.  Are those key features for you or do you just like to tinker with old bullshit like that?  I'm sorry that made that plunger tube integral with the frame so you can't work on those rivets when they come loose.  Maybe another brand would have been better for you.
View Quote

Speaking old tech, your church of muh striker was invented in the 1890's and then put into a handgun shortly thereafter.

Why do you like to tinker with polymer strikers invented 50 years ago and tout them as the latest technology complete with massive uses of logical fallacies? By your own account, you too even disregard what you're preaching making this entire thing counterintuitive to argue over. It's just shitposting for a reaction playing the devil's advocate stirring the pot of division with.

@missilegeek, he's trolling and we've been feeding him.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm buying a Staccato just to make the haters mad
View Quote

Which one though? I want one to occasionally carry in winter, for SHTF, and to compete with from time to time and take courses with. Just unsure at the options to choose from.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't follow their current models, but by most accounts, the 4" barrel versions tend to run better than the 5" ones.    That'll probably be the next 2011 I get, some 4" model.
View Quote

I just ordered, normal serration cut, bull stainless, with RMR, no personalization, no rush option, for the Staccato P. That hurt, but eh, I still had a few thousand to play with from an inheritance after getting an RH25 clip on and a PVS14 WP.

I was going to get another Glock, either a 47, 21 MOS Gen 5, or a 34 MOS Gen 5. That can wait, and it seems that a PSA Micro dagger frame is going to be in my immediate future now too since I now have an assembled slide for it on the way now.

You're a 1911 guru, right? Is the Springfield Operator in 9x19 a good buy for a 9x19 1911? No optics being put on it, just a light and from what I've been reading, get MecGar mags and not WC, correct?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Reading comprehension is clearly a struggle for many here on ARFCOM.

https://i.imgur.com/8Eqd48D.jpg

Please tell me where I stated the gun stopped going bang? Or had an issue going bang? The post on the ejector broke. Which means, the ejector continues to travel in its track and perform and function as intended. Considering its a MIM part, it was bound to break eventually. I was always intending to do precisely what I have done, which was to carefully review the fit of all major components which included the slide, frame and barrel.

Everything else on a 1911/2011 is designed to be replaced.
View Quote

"Bro its not completely trash bro. It's only kinda trash bro. Its broken but still limps along bro. Learn to read bro. 1911/2011 parts are meant to be replaced bro."

I'm sure after you spend a total of $3000 between the gun and replacement parts, the prodigy will be JuSt As GoOd as a Staccato.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's very smart to be well rounded and train with all types to the point where it's all muscle memory, one never knows if they may be handed something different. Being handed a gun from a friend or family member behind enemy lines that you refuse to shoot because you've stuck to just one type of platform is going to expose your bad technique of not being able to easily adapt.
View Quote

This has to be a troll account. It reads like an old Assault Web account
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The ones I know can't shoot at multiple targets at speed.  They are too used to having a perfect sight picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no they don’t.  

Every one I know can shoot anything.

The ones I know can't shoot at multiple targets at speed.  They are too used to having a perfect sight picture.

lol

Olympic Pistol Shooting with Keith Sanderson - USA Shooting Team

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You are proving us right that having a well equipped handgun is giving shooters an edge no matter what skills set they're in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are proving us right that having a well equipped handgun is giving shooters an edge no matter what skills set they're in.

It is a bizarre argument he is making. Use inferior equipment to make it harder on yourself.

I understand not wanting to spend the money, I am a cheap bastard but I spent for my competition pistols. That doesn’t mean I can’t shoot my carry pistols ok. The fundamentals are the same but if you want to do your best, you need good equipment.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#21]

I didn't know this event existed.

Considering the amount of precision he is trying to achieve, that is actually lightning fast.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Bro its not completely trash bro. It's only kinda trash bro. Its broken but still limps along bro. Learn to read bro. 1911/2011 parts are meant to be replaced bro."

I'm sure after you spend a total of $3000 between the gun and replacement parts, the prodigy will be JuSt As GoOd as a Staccato.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reading comprehension is clearly a struggle for many here on ARFCOM.

https://i.imgur.com/8Eqd48D.jpg

Please tell me where I stated the gun stopped going bang? Or had an issue going bang? The post on the ejector broke. Which means, the ejector continues to travel in its track and perform and function as intended. Considering its a MIM part, it was bound to break eventually. I was always intending to do precisely what I have done, which was to carefully review the fit of all major components which included the slide, frame and barrel.

Everything else on a 1911/2011 is designed to be replaced.

Clearly you have no idea how a 1911/2011 works and yet, here you are doubling down like a moron.

- Prodigy: 1300.00
- EGW, ignition: 134.00
- 10-8 Gen 2 slide stop: 60.00
- Ti hammer strut: 13.00
- Atlas Trigger: 60.00

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, lets pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Clearly you have no idea how a 1911/2011 works and yet, here you are doubling down like a moron.

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, lets pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
View Quote

That's a lot of math. I won't be doing any of it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is this your first time dealing with him?

It’s definitely a troll account.  

“My inheritance” makes a ton more sense in the rare event it’s actually a legit account.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Considering the amount of precision he is trying to achieve, that is actually lightning fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is a cool event, not very many places can host it though.

Sanderson may be a bit of a nut but he can shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#27]

That's not shooting at speed on multiple targets.  That is accurate shooting one shot per target.  While it is amazing shooting, it not this

Pro Shooter JJ Racaza's Sizzling Pistol Run
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I find amusement in the way people think but get irritated in the thinking we must all confirm to the same line of thinking.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's not shooting at speed on multiple targets.  That is accurate shooting one shot per target.  While it is amazing shooting, it not this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVuER5uPNk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVuER5uPNk

lol

I am sure he is using a stock Glock too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

God damn, you are really stupid aren't you.  You don't know the difference training and competition.  Do you think JJ makes his training as easy as possible because it will make him faster during competition.  No he makes training as hard as possible so that competitions are easy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, let's pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.
View Quote
I bought an STI Staccato for $1200 last week.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you admit to trolling, cool. Not great, not good either and very low quality just like your arguments
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

God damn, you are really stupid aren't you.  You don't know the difference training and competition.  Do you think JJ makes his training as easy as possible because it will make him faster during competition.  No he makes training as hard as possible so that competitions are easy.
View Quote

No, the obtuse person here is you, again projecting. Because what you had been arguing for and that you arrogantly are trying to force the issue that we all need, is a cheap stock handgun only for training and carrying. Then goes off and shows a pro shooter using a custom, not stock, expensive handgun to try to prove your point that we don't need what your appeals to an authority logical fallacy is straight up using.

You still have no idea what we need and you keep doubling down insisting we train and carry the harder way to make it easy for us to lose. What you are after is not practical, in fact it's going to make people not want to train or even carry much ever again because there's no point in even trying anymore.

Do you argue this same nonsense with rifles too?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to fill in the class on where you can acquire a Staccato for less than 1600. Hell, let's pad it for the mentally challenged, 1800. Good luck with that.

I'm confused, did you buy an STI or a Staccato?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Give it up, you are upset because people like thing’s different than you and are torturing various arguments to justify your childish position.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before they changed their name to Staccato, it was a model name for their Gen 2 2011.  Or something like that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]

LMAO that is not shooting at speed while moving.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is a bizarre argument he is making. Use inferior equipment to make it harder on yourself.

I understand not wanting to spend the money, I am a cheap bastard but I spent for my competition pistols. That doesn’t mean I can’t shoot my carry pistols ok. The fundamentals are the same but if you want to do your best, you need good equipment.
View Quote

I personally know two USPSA GMs who got there with bone stock Glocks(with an optic mounted).

Yes, he is partially right.  A better gun will, all else equal, probably get better results.  But for 99% of people who pick up a handgun, practice will do much more than switching guns.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

While moving?  That was never stated before. Why don’t we add other stipulations, like shooting from a plane or car?

These scenarios all would benefit from having a better weapon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet his “competition” involvement is cowboy action pistol.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

While moving?  That was never stated before. Why don’t we add other stipulations, like shooting from a plane or car?

These scenarios all would benefit from having a better weapon.
View Quote

It isn’t shooting at speed, moving or not.  Better?

(ETA “multiple targets at speed” generally implies movement)

You don’t know much about competion shooting, that’s pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It isn’t shooting at speed, moving or not.  Better?

(ETA “multiple targets at speed” generally implies movement)

You don’t know much about competion shooting, that’s pretty obvious.
View Quote

It is shooting at speed in the context of the amount of precision required.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was initially turned off by the Prodigy and it’s issues but with a few tweaks it seems to be a pretty good gun.

There are some that will argue it “should work out of the box” and I don’t disagree but that’s life with a cheaper gun.  You’re still significanty cheaper than an optic ready P….
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is shooting at speed in the context of the amount of precision required.
View Quote

You can make that argument sure, but it’s silly.  It’s more of a precision thing than a speed thing.  There’s plenty of time to make your hits.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#45]
From a young age I was prepared for the world to be evil and cruel but I was never prepared for it also to be this gay and stupid
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
From a young age I was prepared for the world to be evil and cruel but I was never prepared for it also to be this gay and stupid
View Quote

You mean the "I shot an Atlas once, and I can't stop talking about it, so I bought a basic 2011 and declared it the best gun ever, now I make memes on SAO triggers, cause I don't have the skill to make the shots with anything else"...that kinda gay and stupid?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You mean the "I shot an Atlas once, and I can't stop talking about it, so I bought a basic 2011 and declared it the best gun ever, now I make memes on SAO triggers, cause I don't have the skill to make the shots with anything else"...that kinda gay and stupid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one could have predicted the amount of brain rot the internet would create.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn this thread turned into a trainwreck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain somehow in every firearms competition there is a boomer with a revolver and a 14yo girl that come there with the sole duty to wreck people's ego.

The real difference is who comes back and laughs it off and who makes excuses for it.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top