147@1275gr HST is the tits
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm using Speer Lawman 147gr for mine. I bought a bunch on sale. It supposedly has an almost identical ballistic pattern to the 147gr HST I carry. I haven't chrono'd it or anything though

Most 147s start subsonic out of most handguns, thus never go transonic. You usually get the flattest shooting from 115s, and they (usually) don't go transonic until they are past 50 yards. Some people like the recoil impulse of most 124s the best, but they also go transonic around 30-40 yards depending on the load and the barrel length.

While the bullets going transonic does open the cone of fire a little bit, unless you are shooting one of the sports that targets like the B8 are actually for, it doesn't matter much. You can just send a couple extras.

That's one of the few changes I'm making for keystone next year: switching to whatever 147 gr. load groups the best in my G45.

A lot of GD fell for the +P meme.

I'll take 147gr ++++++++p for $100 Alex

147gr Proof Loads ONLY
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

tits for what? Do the regular 147s expand or nah? At what range and from what barrel length do they no expand?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd bet $100 I can keep up in any class with a moon clipped .45 revolver.
View Quote

Nah,
You're going to need a comp and a hi-wiz bang trigger and if you really want to impress people, you better somehow fit a magwell to that revolver.  Don't worry about shooting skill.  Ain't nobody got time for that.   Spend all your money on gadgets.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nah,
You're going to need a comp and a hi-wiz bang trigger and if you really want to impress people, you better somehow fit a magwell to that revolver.  Don't worry about shooting skill.  Ain't nobody got time for that.   Spend all your money on gadgets.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, it is difficult to practice what is being taught at classes with a SAA.  Unless you are Cowboy Action Larping

But people would rather put a comp on a 9mm instead learning recoil control
Or put a light trigger on, instead learning a proper trigger press
or a magwell instead of learning a proper reload.

All shit that make shooting easier, but doesn't teach you to be a better shooter.  Great shooters are going to shoot well even if you take away their shooting aids, Crap shooters fall apart as soon as you take them away
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you carry a SAA right?

Well, it is difficult to practice what is being taught at classes with a SAA.  Unless you are Cowboy Action Larping

All shit that make shooting easier, but doesn't teach you to be a better shooter.  Great shooters are going to shoot well even if you take away their shooting aids, Crap shooters fall apart as soon as you take them away

So the shooting aids actually DO improve one’s shooting?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same as saying you are better rider because you ride an e- bike
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So the shooting aids actually DO improve one's shooting?
View Quote
They can be crutches for bad technique, which is a big problem if you're doing 99% of your training with a $2500 race gun and 99% of your carrying with a Ruger LCP.

If you're carrying and training with a gun with a trigger like the Staccato, then what's your micro CCW for backup or deep concealment?  A Sig P238 or S&W CSX?  If it's a J-Frame, LCP, or gun with a dissimilar trigger then your training is almost irrelevant because now that great Staccato trigger is hiding your bad technique.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, I actually get to the destination faster?

I’m not deluding myself into believing I am or will ever be a world (or even state) class shooter (or cyclist). I just want to shoot a nice firearm. If something about it also MEASURABLY IMPROVES THE QUALITY OF MY SHOOTING ABILITY (or hell, just my personal enjoyment of shooting), then I’ll buy it if I can afford it.

Anyone who whines “it’s the gun, not the shooter” can piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a sad way to go about life as a luddite.

It makes make them more efficient.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They can be crutches for bad technique, which is a big problem if you're doing 99% of your training with a $2500 race gun and 99% of your carrying with a Ruger LCP.

If you're carrying and training with a gun with a trigger like the Staccato, then what's your micro CCW for backup or deep concealment?  A Sig P238 or S&W CSX?  If it's a J-Frame, LCP, or gun with a dissimilar trigger then your training is almost irrelevant because now that great Staccato trigger is hiding your bad technique.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the shooting aids actually DO improve one's shooting?

If all you train on is a gun with a Glock trigger (or god forbid a factory M2.0 trigger), and suddenly you switch to an LCP, then all your training on the shitty M2.0 trigger is now irrelevant.

Backup?

I carry one gun. Sig P365XL. I train with it. I don’t need to be able to compete in 3 gun with it (but I could I guess). The trigger is doooodooo. I still shoot it ok (not great). I have a “race gun” (Shadow2) and it’s fun, but there are better. I don’t stop shooting the S2 and pick up the Sig and suddenly am unable to use it to get hits.

I don’t worry that I’ll shoot/buy a 2011 and suddenly not be able to shoot the P365XL. I worry that I’ll buy a 2011 (or DWX) and feel the urge to buy a compact DWX/2011 to replace the P365XL.

Having 1 gun or one brand or style of gun is boring to me. If you feel differently, ok.

I OBJECTIVELY shoot RDS better than irons, your argument says that I should stop using that device because it’s a crutch. I find that ludicrous.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crutches? Muscle memory is a crutch? My training is 50/50, meaning I do it with my nightstand/SHTF/competition gun and also with my EDC. Both happen to be Glocks. One happens to have nicer things on it, the other, other than night sights and a TD Vickers slide racker, is bare bones stock and is my EDC. The G45 has backup irons that fold down and are never used and it's red dot is what I primarily use. The G43X MOS has just irons. They both have the same trigger. One just happens to be better for a secondary and nightstand primary and is poor for EDC. The other is poor for a nightstand, horrible to compete with, not optimal for SHTF secondary, but is great for EDC that conceals, is lightweight, and doesn't print.

And I've done matches with both, they do have EDC and pocket gun matches.

Sometimes I even switch my 45 with my 17 that has a wider trigger but is still a Glock made trigger but faster, and going back and forth it's not hiding or exposing anything. In fact, it reminds me of the VP9 stock trigger, just as wide and just as fast which brings me to my next point that you're incorrect with too: You can go back and forth between different handguns and still maintain proficiency so it isn't true with that false picture that you're trying to paint.

It's very smart to be well rounded and train with all types to the point where it's all muscle memory, one never knows if they may be handed something different. Being handed a gun from a friend or family member behind enemy lines that you refuse to shoot because you've stuck to just one type of platform is going to expose your bad technique of not being able to easily adapt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If all you train on is a gun with a Glock trigger (or god forbid a factory M2.0 trigger), and suddenly you switch to an LCP, then all your training on the shitty M2.0 trigger is now irrelevant.

Backup?

I carry one gun. Sig P365XL. I train with it. I don't need to be able to compete in 3 gun with it (but I could I guess). The trigger is doooodooo. I still shoot it ok (not great). I have a "race gun" (Shadow2) and it's fun, but there are better. I don't stop shooting the S2 and pick up the Sig and suddenly am unable to use it to get hits.

I don't worry that I'll shoot/buy a 2011 and suddenly not be able to shoot the P365XL. I worry that I'll buy a 2011 (or DWX) and feel the urge to buy a compact DWX/2011 to replace the P365XL.

Having 1 gun or one brand or style of gun is boring to me. If you feel differently, ok.

I OBJECTIVELY shoot RDS better than irons, your argument says that I should stop using that device because it's a crutch. I find that ludicrous.
View Quote
If you're constantly switching between multiple guns, you may be having fun, but you're just fucking yourself.  Pro athletes don't swap out equipment out of boredom.  I'm not picking on you, I do it too.  I carry a whole bunch of different systems.  I'm a huge hypocrite in that way.  

I'm not sure why you are laughing at the idea of a backup gun, but you should at least have something.  Sig makes a fine firearm, I'm sure a catastrophic malfunction is unlikely.  However you could be unfortunate like one of the agents in the 1986 Miami shootout who had a .223 round go right through his S&W Model 459.  Since he was without a backup gun, he was helpless as the bad guy came around and murdered him with a Mini-14 from a few feet away, which is the maximum range of a 1980s Mini-14.

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They definitely are not 2011's which is a good thing in their case. They are built around 9mm so they are more compact in several places that a 2011 can't be because it's built around the long cartrides 45/10/38 Super. The SFX is thin almost as thin as a 1911 with standard wood grips. I wish more companies would do similar guns. I'd like to shoot one with an optic. They seem to sit the optic pretty high and I think that's because of the smaller slide and extractor placement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone here compared the Staccato to the Wilson EDC and SFX double stacks?

I wanted to like Staccato enough to buy, but can't abide that huge plastic grip module on a JMB knock off. I'm hoping the Wilson has better grip ergos for me.

I don't own either, but from reading, the Wilson magazines are proprietary, less expensive, and more reliable. The Wilsons also have external extractors and no grip safety. People say they aren't "true" 2011s because of these differences.

I believe the grip on the SFX is a little smaller, but it doesn't have changeable grips like the EDC.

They definitely are not 2011's which is a good thing in their case. They are built around 9mm so they are more compact in several places that a 2011 can't be because it's built around the long cartrides 45/10/38 Super. The SFX is thin almost as thin as a 1911 with standard wood grips. I wish more companies would do similar guns. I'd like to shoot one with an optic. They seem to sit the optic pretty high and I think that's because of the smaller slide and extractor placement.

I'm curious about the optic height too. I should find out soonish. I ordered an SFX because the grip is supposed to be slim for a double stack. If you're ever this far North, you can shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]
Nothing wrong with getting a Staccato to train with and even hookup. Nothing wrong with wanting a cheaper striker to hook up as well. And if one wants to run just a stock handgun too, that's fine indeed. But what's not good, not fine, and not cool is trying to force your impotent argument on to others because you do not have any best interests for us other than your own discombobulated agenda of how you think things should be.

You're the one saying you need to buy $1500 of accessories  for stock gun to take it to a class.  It simple is not true.    But you are trying to convince
people it's true.  Do you sell gun accessories?  Is that your angle here?

I've been smoked on a stage or two by revolver shooters. Dude was an absolute chad with it.

Made me consider trying a match with my M1917.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you carry a SAA right?

I know a few Olympic level shooters, they all shoot the best possible gun. A good gun makes a good shooter better.

ETA, some people here seem to have a Walter Mitty fantasy about guns and can’t accept that many of us shoot for enjoyment, not to prepare for a one in a million possibility.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Stop being poor, Get Atlas, stop sucking at shooting!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know a few Olympic level shooters, they all shoot the best possible gun. A good gun makes a good shooter better.

ETA, some people here seem to have a Walter Mitty fantasy about guns and can’t accept that many of us shoot for enjoyment, not to prepare for a one in a million possibility.
View Quote

I know a few also.  If you take away the silly light triggers and custom grips, they fall apart.  They have exclusively trained on the easiest gear possible and are only good with that equipment.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’m not deluding myself into believing I am or will ever be a world (or even state) class shooter (or cyclist). I just want to shoot a nice firearm. If something about it also MEASURABLY IMPROVES THE QUALITY OF MY SHOOTING ABILITY (or hell, just my personal enjoyment of shooting), then I’ll buy it if I can afford it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, 100% it will do that.

My go to phrase is "Despite what GD tells you, it is absolutely possible to buy talent."

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you're constantly switching between multiple guns, you may be having fun, but you're just fucking yourself.  Pro athletes don't swap out equipment out of boredom.  I'm not picking on you, I do it too.  I carry a whole bunch of different systems.  I'm a huge hypocrite in that way.  

I'm not sure why you are laughing at the idea of a backup gun, but you should at least have something.  Sig makes a fine firearm, I'm sure a catastrophic malfunction is unlikely.  However you could be unfortunate like one of the agents in the 1986 Miami shootout who had a .223 round go right through his S&W Model 459.  Since he was without a backup gun, he was helpless as the bad guy came around and murdered him with a Mini-14 from a few feet away, which is the maximum range of a 1980s Mini-14.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/jerry-dove-gun-1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Backup?

I carry one gun. Sig P365XL. I train with it. I don't need to be able to compete in 3 gun with it (but I could I guess). The trigger is doooodooo. I still shoot it ok (not great). I have a "race gun" (Shadow2) and it's fun, but there are better. I don't stop shooting the S2 and pick up the Sig and suddenly am unable to use it to get hits.

I don't worry that I'll shoot/buy a 2011 and suddenly not be able to shoot the P365XL. I worry that I'll buy a 2011 (or DWX) and feel the urge to buy a compact DWX/2011 to replace the P365XL.

I OBJECTIVELY shoot RDS better than irons, your argument says that I should stop using that device because it's a crutch. I find that ludicrous.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/jerry-dove-gun-1.jpg

STREEEEETTTCCCCHHHHHH

I’m not in the career path where I stop criminals on a daily basis. If I were, I’d probably carry a backup handgun.

ETA: your analogy about pro athletes not switching gear is silly. I’m not a pro shooter.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know a few also.  If you take away the silly light triggers and custom grips, they fall apart.  They have exclusively trained on the easiest gear possible and are only good with that equipment.
View Quote

CSB, but still malodorous and a bit fictitious.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

CSB, but still malodorous and a bit fictitious.
View Quote

Lol, you write like you just got a "word of the day" book.  

Like the shit you put on your gun, you think it will impress people.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol, you write like you just got a "word of the day" book.  

Like the shit you put on your gun, you think it will impress people.
View Quote

Lol, in order to insult me you'd first have to be someone I respected. I'll give you a C for effort though.

But not as much effort like the shit I put on my gun to gain an edge and not to impress anyone.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

tits for what? Do the regular 147s expand or nah? At what range and from what barrel length do they no expand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tits for everything.

I know everyone thinks a 9mm is the bomb but really.... More power does more damage to bones, barriers, and organs.

Hell,just a shot through the liver will show you the difference between a shot from a 9mm an a .357. The hemiragineing is impressive and cuts a blood trail on an animal from a few yards to a few hundred.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Meh, it's been 5 years I've spent with dao revolvers. It's nots that big of a difference.

If you suck and a sao makes you feel good then lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]

So a major revolver actually beat the 2 guys who came in 2nd and 3rd in the match on this stage. The were shooting sao double stack 9mm with rds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Most GD Threads eventually devolve into some type of larping

This thread is no different, the larpers have found it
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no they don’t.  

Every one I know can shoot anything.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol, no they don’t.  

Every one I know can shoot anything.
View Quote

The ones I know can't shoot at multiple targets at speed.  They are too used to having a perfect sight picture.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The world's most elite and selective military units shoot more than you, have seen combat more than you, and know more than you.  They just use Glocks.
View Quote

That has to be one of the dumbest arguments ever. You do realize people in this thread have belonged to several of those very groups  ..right? Given the choice, no I would not have run a Glock. Never did. It was an option but I didn't run one. Berettas were an option and I would run it or a SIG over a Glock any day of the week. 1911's were an option and run by choice.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That has to be one of the dumbest arguments ever. You do realize people in this thread have belonged to several of those very groups  ..right? Given the choice, no I would not have run a Glock. Never did. It was an option but I didn't run one. Berettas were an option and I would run it or a SIG over a Glock any day of the week. 1911's were an option and run by choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The world's most elite and selective military units shoot more than you, have seen combat more than you, and know more than you.  They just use Glocks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The ones I know can't shoot at multiple targets at speed.  They are too used to having a perfect sight picture.
View Quote

You are proving us right that having a well equipped handgun is giving shooters an edge no matter what skills set they're in.

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Andrewsky

See? I told you that using that your heavy usage of appeals to an authority argument was dumber than a bag of rocks to use. And you not only did it once but TWICE.

Big oof bro.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You are proving us right that having a well equipped handgun is giving shooters an edge no matter what skills set they're in.

View Quote

Your reading comprehension sucks.  Better add $1500 worth of crap to it so people don't think you're stupid
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Your reading comprehension sucks.  Better add $1500 worth of crap to it so people don't think you're stupid
View Quote

So you projected your lack of comprehension to the discussion at hand? That explains a lot actually, and why you're too quick to insult because you cannot comprehend the argument that you involved yourself in.

Better run stock to train and then carry with, because you wouldn't want your opponent to struggle against a weaker shooter because of his deliberate stupidity in embracing stubborn ignorance in the face of facts.

Train as you would fight and smarter and not harder.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So you projected your lack of comprehension to the discussion at hand? That explains a lot actually, and why you're too quick to insult because you cannot comprehend the argument that you involved yourself in.

Better run stock to train and then carry with, because you wouldn't want your opponent to struggle against a weaker shooter because of his deliberate stupidity in embracing stubborn ignorance in the face of facts.

View Quote

Lol.  Christ, I would say I hope you are a better shooter than reader, but that clearly isn't going to be the case.  I guess when you have dumbed down everything in life to make it as easy as possible, you get...well, you.  Someone that really has no skill or ability, just one giant participation trophy of a person.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol.  Christ, I would say I hope you are a better shooter than reader, but that clearly isn't going to be the case.  I guess when you have dumbed down everything in life to make it as easy as possible, you get...well, you.  Someone that really has no skill or ability, just one giant participation trophy of a person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t get trolled into a warning or account lock. It isn’t worth it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m an A class uspsa shooter with a beretta 92 in carry optics division. I actually do worse in limited optics with a staccato.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can't tell if this post is trolling or not.

"It broke the MIM ejector in the first 500 rounds, and I had to replace a bunch of internals to make it go bang reliably, but its totally not trash bro"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Trash" is subjective. Many believe a Springfield Prodigy is "trash." For those of us in the know, they are not. They are a great build gun and that can be coaxed into amazing duty grade guns with a little elbow grease and knowledge. My Prodigy went through 500 in the first session with very little issues. In the process of break in, I broke the ejector which of course was a MIM part. All ignition internals were replaced with a EGW kit that required minimal effort. Slide lock replaced with a 10-8 version, trigger replaced with a short flat Atlas version. Done. Well under a Staccato in price and I would run it against one in a heartbeat. By all accounts the Platypus is a worthy "2011" contender and I remain interested in picking one up.

"It broke the MIM ejector in the first 500 rounds, and I had to replace a bunch of internals to make it go bang reliably, but its totally not trash bro"
Reading comprehension is clearly a struggle for many here on ARFCOM.

Please tell me where I stated the gun stopped going bang? Or had an issue going bang? The post on the ejector broke. Which means, the ejector continues to travel in its track and perform and function as intended. Considering its a MIM part, it was bound to break eventually. I was always intending to do precisely what I have done, which was to carefully review the fit of all major components which included the slide, frame and barrel.

Everything else on a 1911/2011 is designed to be replaced.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is the #1 pistol for top tier military units in the western world right now?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/8Eqd48D.jpg

Please tell me where I stated the gun stopped going bang? Or had an issue going bang? The post on the ejector broke. Which means, the ejector continues to travel in its track and perform and function as intended. Considering its a MIM part, it was bound to break eventually. I was always intending to do precisely what I have done, which was to carefully review the fit of all major components which included the slide, frame and barrel.

View Quote
I know what you mean, as I recently bought a Springfield Armory M1A and had a similar experience.  The front sight, and the entire rear sight assembly were cheap cast crap.  I replaced them with GI parts and it's better, and I'm just assuming the other parts aren't so bad.

Did you contact SAI about your ejector?  I'm surprised it's that bad.  I thought they had that stuff figured out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Springfield does some dumb shit on their 1911s but they get most of the big stuff right.  I just wish they could consistently fit barrels.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Trash" is subjective. Many believe a Springfield Prodigy is "trash." For those of us in the know, they are not. They are a great build gun and that can be coaxed into amazing duty grade guns with a little elbow grease and knowledge. My Prodigy went through 500 in the first session with very little issues. In the process of break in, I broke the ejector which of course was a MIM part. All ignition internals were replaced with a EGW kit that required minimal effort. Slide lock replaced with a 10-8 version, trigger replaced with a short flat Atlas version. Done. Well under a Staccato in price and I would run it against one in a heartbeat. By all accounts the Platypus is a worthy "2011" contender and I remain interested in picking one up.

Springfield does some dumb shit on their 1911s but they get most of the big stuff right.  I just wish they could consistently fit barrels.  

Of the 5 Springfield 1911s I've had over the last 20 years the barrel's have been perfect.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

147gr Proof Loads ONLY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm using Speer Lawman 147gr for mine. I bought a bunch on sale. It supposedly has an almost identical ballistic pattern to the 147gr HST I carry. I haven't chrono'd it or anything though

Most 147s start subsonic out of most handguns, thus never go transonic. You usually get the flattest shooting from 115s, and they (usually) don't go transonic until they are past 50 yards. Some people like the recoil impulse of most 124s the best, but they also go transonic around 30-40 yards depending on the load and the barrel length.

While the bullets going transonic does open the cone of fire a little bit, unless you are shooting one of the sports that targets like the B8 are actually for, it doesn't matter much. You can just send a couple extras.

That's one of the few changes I'm making for keystone next year: switching to whatever 147 gr. load groups the best in my G45.

A lot of GD fell for the +P meme.

147gr Proof Loads ONLY

Lol, I'm just talking about HST pulls in .357 load's
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is the #1 pistol for top tier military units in the western world right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you familiar with; the false appeal to authority, logical fallacy?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I know what you mean, as I recently bought a Springfield Armory M1A and had a similar experience.  The front sight, and the entire rear sight assembly were cheap cast crap.  I replaced them with GI parts and it's better, and I'm just assuming the other parts aren't so bad.

Did you contact SAI about your ejector?  I'm surprised it's that bad.  I thought they had that stuff figured out.
View Quote
I did. Zero reply. Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, you are trying too hard to be relevant to this discussion that you indeed picked with me over. First, if you want to sound mature with some degree of subject matter expertise, then you have to come across as one, to which you are not. And second, you have to use tact and not be childish with the insulting because it too is also working against you trying to present yourself of any professional expertise here. My instructors that are also my friends, they don't push your restrictive nonsense and in fact, they would all tell you that you are wrong and can outshoot you with irons any day of the week and then go back to carrying a hooked up gun because they can, it's smarter, and not dumbed down counterintuitive nonsense that you're trying to push with.

Anyway with your too quick to use the personal attacks, I am definitely not insulted because as I said before, in order to do so I'd have to respect what you have to say. So far you have proven that you are not capable of having an adult discussion because of your narrow views and contemptible cantankerous attitude on any which way but yours. What a sad way to go through life this way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is an appeals to an authority for the third time, Alex?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top