Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be sent a bill for her stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude.  Do not be for messing with the reflexive "She's a whore" narrative.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It appears that's what she did.  And looks like she reached a point where she got stuck.  The have an aerial photo of the spot where she was found, and it looks like a good spot to throw your hands up and tell yourself you're not going to go any further.
Dude.  Do not be for messing with the reflexive "She's a whore" narrative.
Lol. You and I could hang out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I tried to add that to my favorite foot fetish site and they removed it.
View Quote
This needs its own thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Meh... I hike INTO more treacherous canyons for day of trout fishing on undisturbed waters.
View Quote
You are prepared to go hiking into more treacherous canyons.  She was out running, it seems likely she stumbled and fell, broke her leg.

How long do you think you would last without food and exposed?  She did well enough that she was found alive, lost weight but not dead.

For those who are talking about her going out whoring, why would she have to hide to do that?  She is an adult living away from her family in a huge tourist area and wouldn't need to hide anything if she was so inclined.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Judging by most of the comments so far it seems like the average ARFCOM posters are SERE experts mixed with Jeremiah Johnson.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well it looks like she somehow survived the freezing temperatures, dangerous snakes, vicious mammalian predators, and lack of sources for drinking water.
View Quote
Snakes are not indigenous to Hawaii, likely very few dangerous ones there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Strange to see so many jumping to the conclusion that she's a "whore." Anybody making that assumption with such certainty is both ignorant of the woods and profoundly insecure.
View Quote
At first. Then you remember where you are and it makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you need to adjust your sarcasm meter.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange to see so many jumping to the conclusion that she's a "whore." Anybody making that assumption with such certainty is both ignorant of the woods and profoundly insecure.
A lot of these 'missing' cases seem to play out more like a whorecation than a truly lost person, but this one looks legit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A lot of these 'missing' cases seem to play out more like a whorecation than a truly lost person, but this one looks legit.
View Quote
Let’s see, broken leg, feet all jacked up and infected, face nose and lips all messed up, lost 15 lbs. stuck down in a ravine, yeah I’d say it’s legit and not a fantasy thing other posters are dreaming about.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]
broke leg,   lost 15 pounds she didn't have to lose and still around to talk about it

shes tougher than I am

but only a 1/4 as tough as half of arfcom apparently

does Maui have strawberry guava and wild apples in abundance like some of the other islands?

just saying... if I fell and broke my leg and landed in some strawberry guava plants
they would find my fat ass still alive and happy and be like "aloha bitches!!!"
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems a lot of people in this thread have never heard of being 'ledge locked'...especially with a gunny-bag leg or ankle.
View Quote
I am a climber, I climb out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well it looks like she somehow survived the freezing temperatures, dangerous snakes, vicious mammalian predators, and lack of sources for drinking water.
Whoosh.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her story will be air tight...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99571/IMG-1187-140822.gif
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am sure the broken leg and jacked up feet limited her cliff scaling abilities.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You are prepared to go hiking into more treacherous canyons.  She was out running, it seems likely she stumbled and fell, broke her leg.

How long do you think you would last without food and exposed?  She did well enough that she was found alive, lost weight but not dead.

For those who are talking about her going out whoring, why would she have to hide to do that?  She is an adult living away from her family in a huge tourist area and wouldn't need to hide anything if she was so inclined.
View Quote
So she was "jogging" and "tripped" and then fell so far off the "trail" that she got "lost" for 2 weeks?

Did she "fall" off of a cliff into remote jungle?

Sounds like she suffers from a genetic defect called stupidous intelligencious negativeinous.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am sure the broken leg and jacked up feet limited her cliff scaling abilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on how badly she wanted out.  Or, her initial constitution.  But mostly it depends on her mental condition.  Some people survive and some people die.

Glad she survived.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know this girl. Our group of friends have been praying hard for her safe return. Thank God they found her.

For those of you mouth-breathers that have obviously never been off the beaten path in Maui, there are tons of places that if you fell, you would not be climbing out on your own. Especially if you were injured.
View Quote
It's not uncommon at all for hikers to slide/fall of the trail and then be unable to get back out because they're injured, the brush is too much for them, or both.    I also seem to recall incidents where people walk off of cliffs in the brush by accident while lost.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Correct, just one that I know of, not the least bit dangerous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indotyphlops_braminus

They are common and wide spread, but most people think they are earth worms.
Look closely and you'll sees scales and a forked tong.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
People underestimate Hawaii all the time, then they die.

The water is warm, no harm could come.

The island is small, no way to get lost.

And btw, not everyone is friendly, so there is that too.

I'm very glad she is OK.
View Quote
While I was stationed there, a tourist from Detroit, IIRC, died in a blizzard on the big island.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Depends on how badly she wanted out.  Or, her initial constitution.  But mostly it depends on her mental condition.  Some people survive and some people die.

Glad she survived.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad she survived.
Her mental condition kept her alive for the 2 weeks. Her physical injuries kept her penned in the ravine. I hope detailed pics of the ravine get posted. If she could have made it out with a broken leg I’m guessing she would have. Guessing she following the water until she got locked in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think she was legitimately lost and this wasn’t some game where she was getting busy with someone else. Look at her feet.  That looks seriously painful.  Glad she was found alive.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/25/13/13946334-7069421-image-a-1_1558788425546.jpg
View Quote
How does that happen?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

While I was stationed there, a tourist from Detroit, IIRC, died in a blizzard on the big island.
View Quote
We gots elevation.

Hypothermia is common and it catches folks by surprise.

Big island has two 13,000 foot mountains I think Maui goes 11,000 ft.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Something ain't right.
She's up to something.
View Quote
Yup
She was hiding
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This.  That island is so small an hour walk in any direction will yield you a road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, how was she stuck?

Maui ain't that big, should be able to walk out anywhere and hit a road pretty fast.

This.  That island is so small an hour walk in any direction will yield you a road.
I'm sure you know better than I do that people who are lost in the woods often go in circles.  That's why I bring a compass in the bush.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yup
She was hiding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something ain't right.
She's up to something.
Yup
She was hiding
Hiding lol.

Broke her leg, jacked up her feet, her face, nose and lips jacked up, lost 15lbs. It was a huge game of hide and seek.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think she was legitimately lost and this wasn’t some game where she was getting busy with someone else. Look at her feet.  That looks seriously painful.  Glad she was found alive.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/25/13/13946334-7069421-image-a-1_1558788425546.jpg
View Quote
A little Jungle Rot never hurt . . .

Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Her mental condition kept her alive for the 2 weeks. Her physical injuries kept her penned in the ravine. I hope detailed pics of the ravine get posted. If she could have made it out with a broken leg I’m guessing she would have. Guessing she following the water until she got locked in.
View Quote
Yup, looks like she got really lucky.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#29]
You can be in makawao and drive 40 mins and still be in the middle of nowhere, there's nothing about the geography that makes this improbable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

People crawl all over those islands. Seems like they would have found her if she wanted to be found.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends.

People crawl all over those islands. Seems like they would have found her if she wanted to be found.
Unless she has a way to signal people, you can be very close to civilization and not be found.

If you yell for help, the leaves/trees don't let the sound get too far.  You quickly become hoarse which is why they recommend
carrying a whistle.  My friend and I were hunting and could faintly hear someone yelling and we were quite close by.  A guy on
a 4-wheeler had it land on top of him on a steep slope.  He likely had been drinking.  We helped him free himself and he didn't
even thank us.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
How does that happen? Maybe rier runs through a ravene?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ugh, some of the shit you guys come up with. A whorecation? The fuck is wrong with some of you?
View Quote
Let's save some paper.  What's not wrong with us?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Where did it say she was stuck? Says she was deep in a creek bed, which could mean anything. If she was in fact stuck, perhaps she sunk in the silt that can be found in some creek beds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, how was she stuck?

Maui ain't that big, should be able to walk out anywhere and hit a road pretty fast.
Where did it say she was stuck? Says she was deep in a creek bed, which could mean anything. If she was in fact stuck, perhaps she sunk in the silt that can be found in some creek beds.
If she had a broken bone, that'd satisfy the criteria of "stuck".
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let’s see, broken leg, feet all jacked up and infected, face nose and lips all messed up, lost 15 lbs. stuck down in a ravine, yeah I’d say it’s legit and not a fantasy thing other posters are dreaming about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or, she just spent a normal week hanging out with me.

Don't know why my dating profile doesn't get more hits. [shrug]
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m finding it interesting how much if FD is opting for whorecation over mechanical  injury and lost in heavy rainforest or .
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I bet she was afraid the island might turn over if she got too close to the edge....heard it from a Georgia congressman.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know this girl. Our group of friends have been praying hard for her safe return. Thank God they found her.

For those of you mouth-breathers that have obviously never been off the beaten path in Maui, there are tons of places that if you fell, you would not be climbing out on your own. Especially if you were injured.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I will just leave this here.  I am glad your friend is OK, but she clearly isn't too bright.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7069421/Yoga-instructor-35-alive-going-missing-two-weeks-hiking-Hawaii-forest.html
Eller added: 'I wanted to go back the way I'd come, but my gut was leading me another way — and I have a very strong gut instinct.

'So, I said, my car is this way and I'm just going to keep going until I reach it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Judging by most of the comments so far it seems like the average ARFCOM posters are SERE experts mixed with Jeremiah Johnson.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Article said she was "slightly injured". I read that as a bruise or a scraped knee, something minor.

I've been off the beaten path in Maui, which is why I'm skeptical. I don't think being skeptical of these types of stories make anyone a mouth-breather though. And I'm assuming by that you are calling anyone who questions the events as being stupid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article said she was "slightly injured". I read that as a bruise or a scraped knee, something minor.

I've been off the beaten path in Maui, which is why I'm skeptical. I don't think being skeptical of these types of stories make anyone a mouth-breather though. And I'm assuming by that you are calling anyone who questions the events as being stupid?
She broke her leg falling off a 20 ft cliff the third day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure guessing the water and waterfalls form ravines there? Never been there so can’t picture it. Have been to areas with deep ravines though. And if I broke my leg, I wouldn’t be getting up the walls.

Without that water supply for 2 weeks she would be in much different shape I’d wager.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ugh, some of the shit you guys come up with. A whorecation? The fuck is wrong with some of you?
View Quote
I just wanna do my part in this "whorecation".
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The centipedes make up for the lack of snakes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Meh... I hike INTO more treacherous canyons for day of trout fishing on undisturbed waters.
View Quote
Really, in NC ? Haleakala crater is 10,023'.  It goes all the way to sea level on all sides. You can't see through the jungle in parts of this area. Thank God she didn't get lost and stranded in the remote wilds of North Carolina, or they'd be looking for a corpse next summer  when it thaws out  
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think she was legitimately lost and this wasn't some game where she was getting busy with someone else. Look at her feet.  That looks seriously painful.  Glad she was found alive.

View Quote
I bet some here with a foot fetish will still suck on those toes
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I will just leave this here.  I am glad your friend is OK, but she clearly isn't too bright.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7069421/Yoga-instructor-35-alive-going-missing-two-weeks-hiking-Hawaii-forest.html
View Quote
I bet she is a liberal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is it that hard to get lost on an island?
View Quote
it is easy to walk in circles
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let's save some paper.  What's not wrong with us?
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks; neither on Maui are any of the other things I mentioned except for freezing temperatures which do exist at extremely high elevations like atop Haleakala and such.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm sure you know better than I do that people who are lost in the woods often go in circles.  That's why I bring a compass in the bush.
View Quote
There are better ways of carrying them, you know.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top