BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Zerohedge crosspost spreading Russian bullshit in GD...

WWIII can easily be avoided if Russia fucked off to the borders it itself recogised under international law
View Quote

And that’s why we have wars.  There is always some asshole that wants all the money and all the power, and is willing to slaughter their own people, and everyone else, to get it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Not too many Vermonters signing up these days. I say that as a native Vermonters and career military guy. Recruiting up there is horrible. What is wrong with giving a path to citizenship via service? Ever hear of the Lodge Act. At least they will pay taxes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A surprisingly good article from Zero Hedge.

World War III Is Now Inevitable – Here's Why It Can't Be Avoided

If you’re getting the feeling like the globalists are really pushing hard for WWIII these days, you’re not alone.

In the past few months there has been multiple instances of European and US officials hinting at the possibility of a new military draft, the EU has talked openly about boots on the ground in Ukraine, NATO officials have stated unequivocally that they WILL NOT accept a loss in Ukraine to the Russians and the Kremlin has warned once again that nuclear weapons are on the table if western troops enter the war. The US government has recently asserted that Ukraine will be joining NATO, a red line in the sand for Russia.

Then there’s Israel and Gaza. I warned months ago in my article ‘It’s A Trap! The Wave Of Repercussions As The Middle East Fights “The Last War”’ that the war in Gaza would expand into a multi-front conflict that would probably include Iran. I also warned that it would be to Israel’s benefit if Iran entered the war because this would force the US to become directly involved. To be sure, Iran has already been engaging in proxy attacks on Israel through Lebanon, but Israel’s attack on the Iranian “embassy” or diplomatic station in Syria basically ensures that Iran will now directly commit to strikes on Israeli targets.

In other words, much like WWI, the situation is being escalated by the political elites despite the fact that the general public in the west is increasingly opposed to participating in the conflict. The globalists want to send us to war whether we like it or not.  Every decision they have made so far makes peaceful resolution impossible.

One saving grace that is perhaps new in the entire history of geopolitics is that the public is far more awake and aware of the fact that it’s not necessarily their “duty” to blindly go fight when their government calls on them to do so. Social media has also given a platform for people to widely voice their concerns about war, whereas in the past objectors felt isolated.

Obviously, some of this is based purely on fear – A large percentage of Gen Z is unequipped mentally or physically to go to war, which is why more than 70% of potential military recruits today are rejected before they even get to boot camp. These are many of the same young people who post Ukrainian flags to their social media profiles and jump headfirst into anti-Russian rhetoric, but now that they are faced with the possibility of having to sacrifice themselves for Ukraine they are angry and terrified.

However, there is also a large contingent of capable (and mostly conservative) men with the background and the aptitude for combat that still want nothing to do with Ukraine. The reason is simple: They believe that far-left western governments and globalists want to use them as cannon fodder to get rid of them. Once they are used up in war, there will be no one left to oppose the leftist takeover at home.

For most of us in America, Ukraine is irrelevant and we grow tired of wars in the Middle East. Whether left or right, we have no interest in fighting for them. But that’s not going to matter much, at least in terms of preventing a global war.

Majority of article at link.
View Quote

I don’t disagree with the idea that WW3 is inevitable, however you should understand that Zerohedge is a Russian propaganda mouthpiece run by the son of the head of communist Bulgaria’s secret police.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don’t disagree with the idea that WW3 is inevitable, however you should understand that Zerohedge is a Russian propaganda mouthpiece run by the son of the head of communist Bulgaria’s secret police.
View Quote

Which most everyone knows, just like reports from Institute for Study of War are unbiased assessments from Victoria Newland's sister in law.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which most everyone knows, just like reports from Institute for Study of War are unbiased assessments from Victoria Newland's sister in law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Most everyone” doesn’t know it, and even when informed many will clap their hands over their ears because ZH is telling a lot of posters what they want to hear, namely that “the end of America is at hand and it’s almost time to start shooting people you don’t like.”
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

“Most everyone” doesn’t know it, and even when informed many will clap their hands over their ears because ZH is telling a lot of posters what they want to hear, namely that “the end of America is at hand and it’s almost time to start shooting people you don’t like.”
View Quote

That's fair. Half of gd thinks glocks are great and the other half thinks sig 320s are even better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

And what, may I ask, is wrong with wanting to shoot people you don’t like, my good sir?

There was a time when Americans disliked folks wearing red uniforms. Eventually they commenced to shooting them. And then everything was better for four score and seven years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Ukraine and fuck the Middle East, and fuck their war.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And people here will call you anti american if you dont want to be thrown into the meat grinder for a country that needs protecting for the purposes of money laundering.
View Quote

And this comment is RUSSIAN SHILLING REEEEEEE

but yeah, you're right.  fuck Russia, fuck Ukraine.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I would bet you money the majority of this country couldn't point to Ukraine on a map but they care so much about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would bet you money the majority of this country couldn't point to Ukraine on a map but they care so much about it.
View Quote

I'm just the opposite.  I can point to it, but they're not worth the effort it would take.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link? Cite?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zero Hedge is just another Russian mouthpiece, long proven and documented.

Link? Cite?

You can start with this recent article.  However, there is far, far more material out there dating back years.  You are being used.

I will share my personal experience with Zerohedge.  I started reading in about 2010 (very early on) in the wake of disillusionment with the Iraq war and the financial crisis.  Zerohedge and “Tyler Durden” threw red meat to frustrated, disillusioned conservatives who knew things were going wrong in the country.  Zerohedge very astutely latched onto this general belief and started leveraging domestic political hatred to push a Russian-friendly, anti-American narrative.
By 2014 I was swallowing Zerohedge’s propaganda on the economy and the Ukraine war, among other things.  A huge part of the US right wing’s opinion on the situation was formulated directly by Zerohedge.  “Look, the Little Green Men are flying the confederate flag!  Fuck yeah!”   And so on.
Thing is, I studied Russian and Eastern European history in college and absolutely should've known better.  I at least partly bought into the Zerohedge-peddled fantasy of “Putin as defender of antiglobalist/conservative/nationalistic/Christian values.”  This was horse shit.  What should’ve been a glaring tell for me was the fact that I believed it was wrong and one of the worst things we've ever done to sell out Eastern Europe in 1945; but somehow simultaneously believed it was reasonable and even in our interests to sell out Ukraine in 2014.
Eventually, about 2015, I started backing away from Zerohedge because I began to suspect that my primary “news source” was actually pushing a propaganda narrative.  This happened for a couple of reasons.
First, Zerohedge was using provably false and misleading tactics to push narratives.  Specifically, they loved charts that “proved” what they wanted to prove.  Except some people who actually knew what they were looking at called them out on it.  Things like using log scales on an otherwise innocuous chart to make it look doomerish.  Or using data they knew was either irrelevant, or seasonal, or whatever, to “prove” calamity for the US was right around the corner.  They relied on the fact that most readers, including myself, didn’t have the specialized knowledge to know better.  “The chart went down steeply” was good enough for most along with a page of economic doomerist pandering.  Funny thing is, even when knowledgeable posters called them out they were either ignored or shouted down by others.  Those others could’ve been shills, or just people for whom the anti-American doomer narrative had become like crack.  They didn’t want to know it was 90% bullshit and 10% truth.  And there was and is some truth in it.  All effective propaganda starts with some degree of truth.
The second tell was that the longer I read the more clear it was that “Tyler Durden” didn’t actually have a consistent ideology.  Frequently, a particular issue would be taken as either good or bad, or proving one thing or its exact opposite, from article to article or even within the same article.  Intellectual/ideological consistency was irrelevant, so long as it illustrated the point that America is evil, America is doomed, collapse will happen soon, etc.  If you’ve done any reading on the subject you will recognize this as a hallmark of Russian disinfo ops.  They throw garbage at the wall to give the reader the choice of picking whatever nonsense they want to believe while attacking the very idea that there is an objective reality.  Some have called this the “firehose of falsehood” method.  I didn’t even fully understand that until a couple of years ago.

Zerohedge was and is a disinfo op. For five-plus years I personally allowed myself to be a tool of an enemy of freedom and I’m accountable for that.  I think it’s important to admit my errors in the hope that some others will see it and start re-evaluating.  I did.  It’s still possible.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Time for the transgender community to be in the front lines , since this government is catering to them
View Quote
They do seem pretty eager to shoot people. So, makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#14]
That is not how it works, that is not how any of this works!
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top