Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say the '80s Ford Taurus cop cars
they were very short lived thankfully

the "worst" I have personally seen
the local sheriffs office drug guys make some big bust and get lots of money in
they end up buying 3 srt10 4 door dodge viper trucks
#1 they werent stealthy at all
they didn't last at all, turns out those big v10 motors hate idling for long periods
I don't think they even had them for 2 years before they were gone
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We had Chevy Lumina's at Luke AFB.  Those were shit too.  Anything Dodge I ever drove in the service were all shit.  Cemented my hatred for all things Dodge.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My sheriff's DARE guy had a PT Cruiser with a gumball.

Sorta looked like this, different department though.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That top pic is not a Yugo, it's a Dodge Omni
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
New Ford Taurus. Try getting in and out of that piece of fucking shit. Every time...Every fucking time...my radio cord gets tangled in the seat belt of that piece of faggoty shit that has the B Post moved up way further than any sane person would have it. I could go on about the narrow ass fucking seats that destroy holsters or the way it "locks up" after slamming on the brakes and then having to gas it and the engine just seizes, but I'm sure some fucking arf expert will be a long to tell me how I'm wrong.

Fuck you Ford,  fuck your Taurus, and fuck you again for taking away the CVPI  and shoving this abortion down our throats.

Edit: The best thing I ever saw our Taurus do was get rammed by some crazy fuck one night in a pursuit. That piece of shit was my ride that night and I never took so much joy in watching a car get rammed and fucked up.
View Quote

I have a few PSP friends who use them and also hate them. Two of them are left handed and claim the way the door is designed, they have a hard time getting to their sidearms (they're left handed), even with the seat belt off. The door apparently slams up against their duty belts and they can't access shit from the seated position. I'm not a cop and have no experience with the cars myself, but they seem to genuinely hate the new cars.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also no driver lol... Motion Blur Effect to Maximum Derp!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also no driver lol... Motion Blur Effect to Maximum Derp!

..Some say....he is invisible to Arfcommer s...we know him as THE STIG....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The current non-ecoboost Ford Explorer PUVs are slow, fragile pieces of shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The current non-ecoboost Ford Explorer PUVs are slow, fragile pieces of shit.  

The guys around here like them. And it will run right with if not outrun the tahoes. I know that for a fact. They also seem to hold up significantly better thus far. The ecoboost versions are outright quick. I wish we would get them but it wont happen
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not a police car.
View All Quotes

Sssshhh if the public realizes they're just meter maids and not actually NYPD, they'll start getting disrespected and their asses kicked again by angry drivers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody post the picture of Buford T. Justice's cruiser, sans top, with Junior holding his has.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
lmfao, man i recognized that truck instantly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you were a boy born in the early 80's, chances are that you wanted this truck or the one before it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Like I said earlier, we have both Sedan and SUV Fords, and they have been very good vehicles. Those who drive them love them, especially the SUVs. The maintenance on them has been ridiculously minimal. While I still love the CVPI, the Taurus and Explorer are about as good as it gets.

I drive an Avenger....talk about a POS...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you were a boy born in the early 80's, chances are that you wanted this truck or the one before it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one on Houston craigslist a few years ago, the owner claimed it was the actual truck from the show.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Is that a Pacer-X? Because if it is, that's the winner. Nothing else could top that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Taurus...

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I really wish I had a picture of the car from Bergen County's (NJ) Fatal Accident Response Team.

It was a brown Chevy station wagon. It went to accident scenes. They used it to measure skid marks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have a few PSP friends who use them and also hate them. Two of them are left handed and claim the way the door is designed, they have a hard time getting to their sidearms (they're left handed), even with the seat belt off. The door apparently slams up against their duty belts and they can't access shit from the seated position. I'm not a cop and have no experience with the cars myself, but they seem to genuinely hate the new cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Ford Taurus. Try getting in and out of that piece of fucking shit. Every time...Every fucking time...my radio cord gets tangled in the seat belt of that piece of faggoty shit that has the B Post moved up way further than any sane person would have it. I could go on about the narrow ass fucking seats that destroy holsters or the way it "locks up" after slamming on the brakes and then having to gas it and the engine just seizes, but I'm sure some fucking arf expert will be a long to tell me how I'm wrong.

Fuck you Ford,  fuck your Taurus, and fuck you again for taking away the CVPI  and shoving this abortion down our throats.

Edit: The best thing I ever saw our Taurus do was get rammed by some crazy fuck one night in a pursuit. That piece of shit was my ride that night and I never took so much joy in watching a car get rammed and fucked up.

Yes. They are fucking horrible. If I ever have to take fire in or getting out of a Taurus I'm toast. And getting a long gun out of them under stress is a useless proposition. Ford should go under for this "purpose built" piece of shit they skilled to everyone.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Shilled? Hell, we are buying more because they have worked so well for us...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember seeing these at Ft Benning when I was a yout.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Can the OP change the thread title to "Worst Police car, but not from the 70's, because they were all pieces of crap?"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

"supervisor"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"supervisor"

I saw that and had to laugh myself

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

First thing I searched for
http://s3.amazonaws.com/airforcephotos.togetherweserved.com/257394_med.jpg
Edit: better picture
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1980's series Chysler K Car.  We had a shit ton of them when I was in the AF Security Police (I believe the Army MP's got some too).  4 cylinder engines .  We were told that Chrysler had to give the DOD and Government good prices on them in return for the Chrysler bail out with Iacocca.  K cars were seen being used by a lot of Military and Federal agencies.

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well good luck to you then. Are you a cop? No one in my area, second most populous area in Pennsylvania with several of the largest PDs in the state has anything good to say about them
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1980's series Chysler K Car.  We had a shit ton of them when I was in the AF Security Police (I believe the Army MP's got some too).  4 cylinder engines .  We were told that Chrysler had to give the DOD and Government good prices on them in return for the Chrysler bail out with Iacocca.  K cars were seen being used by a lot of Military and Federal agencies.

Yep.
http://i.imgur.com/qzk4p7q.jpg

Dem rims doe
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Dem rims doe
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We had Chevy Lumina's at Luke AFB.  Those were shit too.  Anything Dodge I ever drove in the service were all shit.  Cemented my hatred for all things Dodge.
http://policecararchives.org/DoD/DoD_images/cnpca0196-vi.jpg
View Quote

I had one as an unmarked that we absolutely destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well good luck to you then. Are you a cop? No one in my area, second most populous area in Pennsylvania with several of the largest PDs in the state has anything good to say about them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am, and our agency is one of several in our state that has gone to them, and likes them. Different strokes and all that, I suppose. Anything would be better than a Charger.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am, and our agency is one of several in our state that has gone to them, and likes them. Different strokes and all that, I suppose. Anything would be better than a Charger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we can at least agree on how shitty Dodges are
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My son watched Wayne's World the other day.

"Dad, what was that weird car they were driving?"
"AMC Pacer."
"It was kinda cool.  I like it."
"I have no son."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My son watched Wayne's World the other day.

"Dad, what was that weird car they were driving?"
"AMC Pacer."
"It was kinda cool.  I like it."
"I have no son."

As a V8 host they're acceptable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#34]

A 1975 - 1976 350 CID Chevy Nova Kicked serious ass !   Best.Police.Car.Ever.

Loved that car.

Worst you say ?

1982 Plymouth Volare with a "warmed over" 318 CID engine.  That POS couldn't catch a paperboy on a bicycle.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Chuck won't be happy with your shenanigans.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Ever? Back in the early 80s our county tried to save money by buying some 4 cylinder POS cars that couldn't even get up the hill without suffering a seizure
The guys who had to drive them hated them and couldn't say a nice thing about them years later.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A real place, not a joke. Just for GD.

http://images.military.com/pics/SA_image_043012_5m.jpg

Prius police car

http://www.midwestenergynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/prius-police-car.jpg

Put a cage in it and you can't fit in it.
View Quote

NYPD Traffic =/= NYPD
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#38]

If you're not a small person, good luck getting out of the driver's seat in a hurry.  And forget working two officers in this car, it can be done but it is uncomfortable.  No trunk space.  And absolutely no room in the back seats.  Every prisoner I've ever had has to sit their butt on one side and put their feet up on the seat on the opposite side.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everybody . First dept. I worked for I got an 89 Diplomat . Best Patrol Car I ever had.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Prius police car
http://www.midwestenergynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/prius-police-car.jpg
Put a cage in it and you can't fit in it.
View Quote

Not a police car, meter maid car.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Top Gear, best show ever.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.themustangnews.com/content/wp-content/gallery/2012-ford-taurus-police-interceptor/ford_pi_170.jpg

If you're not a small person, good luck getting out of the driver's seat in a hurry.  And forget working two officers in this car, it can be done but it is uncomfortable.  No trunk space.  And absolutely no room in the back seats.  Every prisoner I've ever had has to sit their butt on one side and put their feet up on the seat on the opposite side.
View Quote

Give me a road flare and a gallon of gas and I'll give you a party with that car. Henry Ford should be spinning in his grave.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Not sure I see a problem with a Pacer with a 302ci.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Philly tried a couple dozen of these @1981 or so, they didn't last long.

The back is NOT comfy for two handcuffed teenagers!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#46]
82 Plymouth took almost 6 traffic lanes to do a u-turn and was a dog...84 Crown Vic's had holes rusted rusted through the drivers floorboard within 3 years and the power steering would go out if you touched the brakes at all while cornering. Lol at the complaining about the new cars.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

My sheriff's DARE guy had a PT Cruiser with a gumball.

Sorta looked like this, different department though.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/217/8/c/8cf023816f03a1d5cf59c61aabde3440.jpg
View Quote
You win.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Great thread..............
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#49]
City of Condon, OR had cars just like this in the late 70's.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top