First thing I searched for

http://s3.amazonaws.com/airforcephotos.togetherweserved.com/257394_med.jpg

Edit: better picture
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
1980's series Chysler K Car.  We had a shit ton of them when I was in the AF Security Police (I believe the Army MP's got some too).  4 cylinder engines .  We were told that Chrysler had to give the DOD and Government good prices on them in return for the Chrysler bail out with Iacocca.  K cars were seen being used by a lot of Military and Federal agencies.

First thing I searched for

http://s3.amazonaws.com/airforcephotos.togetherweserved.com/257394_med.jpg

Edit: better picture

Is that a Chrysler Lebaron???

Oops, I believe I answered my question from the above quote box. Doh!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Every time I see a "Smart" car I hear Pantera's "Fucking Hostile" in my head.

"Smart" cars should be destroyed with shotguns and sledgehammers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
82 Plymouth took almost 6 traffic lanes to do a u-turn and was a dog...84 Crown Vic's had holes rusted rusted through the drivers floorboard within 3 years and the power steering would go out if you touched the brakes at all while cornering. Lol at the complaining about the new cars.
View Quote

Wonder what it was with those 83 and 84 Ltds and the damned floorboards? I dont think I ever saw one with a floorboard intact. In 90 I got an 83 at Chatt.PD. The motor pool dude gave me a stop sign to make a floorboard with. No shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

1980's series Chysler K Car
.  We had a shit ton of them when I was in the AF Security Police (I believe the Army MP's got some too).  4 cylinder engines .  We were told that Chrysler had to give the DOD and Government good prices on them in return for the Chrysler bail out with Iacocca.  K cars were seen being used by a lot of Military and Federal agencies.
View Quote
Yeah, those and the fucking VW vans we used in Germany (the kind you always saw terrorists driving in 80s movies)
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Until you have to slam on the brakes send then hammer the gas. Then...nothing but high RPMs and nothing to show for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Ford Taurus. Try getting in and out of that piece of fucking shit. Every time...Every fucking time...my radio cord gets tangled in the seat belt of that piece of faggoty shit that has the B Post moved up way further than any sane person would have it. I could go on about the narrow ass fucking seats that destroy holsters or the way it "locks up" after slamming on the brakes and then having to gas it and the engine just seizes, but I'm sure some fucking arf expert will be a long to tell me how I'm wrong.

Fuck you Ford,  fuck your Taurus, and fuck you again for taking away the CVPI  and shoving this abortion down our throats.

But is it a SHO Interceptor?

Its fast!

LOL.

Until you have to slam on the brakes send then hammer the gas. Then...nothing but high RPMs and nothing to show for it.

The parts in bold are very true.  

I've got one of the new Taurus patrol cars.  Very comfortable to drive. Very fast. Handles great. Fantastic in snow.
The interior and instrument lights are a "bedazzling" spectacle of retarded monkey-shinery.    
I've got shit covered with electrical tape, cardboard and black paint, just so I can use the damn thing at night for it's "intended" purpose as a patrol car.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New Ford Taurus. Try getting in and out of that piece of fucking shit. Every time...Every fucking time...my radio cord gets tangled in the seat belt of that piece of faggoty shit that has the B Post moved up way further than any sane person would have it. I could go on about the narrow ass fucking seats that destroy holsters or the way it "locks up" after slamming on the brakes and then having to gas it and the engine just seizes, but I'm sure some fucking arf expert will be a long to tell me how I'm wrong.

Fuck you Ford,  fuck your Taurus, and fuck you again for taking away the CVPI  and shoving this abortion down our throats.

Edit: The best thing I ever saw our Taurus do was get rammed by some crazy fuck one night in a pursuit. That piece of shit was my ride that night and I never took so much joy in watching a car get rammed and fucked up.
View Quote

Solid rant, 8/10
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Edit: The best thing I ever saw our Taurus do was get rammed by some crazy fuck one night in a pursuit. That piece of shit was my ride that night and I never took so much joy in watching a car get rammed and fucked up.
View Quote

Agreed 10/10

Maybe 1 out of 10 people on our department can get out of the vehicle in an efficient manner.  It's got a radio that they cannot take out, that's the only positive.  They pulled all of the radios out of the Crown Vics we have.  Usually all the new guys get stuck with the shitty old equipment.  Now all the senior guys take the busted up Crown Vics over driving the new Taurus.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A real place, not a joke. Just for GD.

Prius police car

http://www.midwestenergynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/prius-police-car.jpg

Put a cage in it and you can't fit in it.
View Quote

and Constable Bob's

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Surprised no one has posted this yet

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The worst cop car is any cop car that I'm in the back of.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Cops here in Louisville run a squad of like 6 guys out of a minivan to bust corner dealers
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I went looking for this:

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Then I found this:

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The current non-ecoboost Ford Explorer PUVs are slow, fragile pieces of shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The current non-ecoboost Ford Explorer PUVs are slow, fragile pieces of shit.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've got one of the new Taurus patrol cars.  Very comfortable to drive. Very fast. Handles great. Fantastic in snow.
The interior and instrument lights are a "bedazzling" spectacle of retarded monkey-shinery.    
I've got shit covered with electrical tape, cardboard and black paint, just so I can use the damn thing at night for it's "intended" purpose as a patrol car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its fast!

LOL.

Truth! !
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Solid rant, 8/10
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid rant, 8/10

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed 10/10

Maybe 1 out of 10 people on our department can get out of the vehicle in an efficient manner.  It's got a radio that they cannot take out, that's the only positive.  They pulled all of the radios out of the Crown Vics we have.  Usually all the new guys get stuck with the shitty old equipment.  Now all the senior guys take the busted up Crown Vics over driving the new Taurus.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 10/10

There's days I'll go back and watch that piece of shit get rammed just for the endorphin rush. Fuck that car.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sssshhh if the public realizes they're just meter maids and not actually NYPD, they'll start getting disrespected and their asses kicked again by angry drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sssshhh if the public realizes they're just meter maids and not actually NYPD, they'll start getting disrespected and their asses kicked again by angry drivers.

The whole "omni-presence" thing got a bit out of hand, IMO. I'm surprise they didn't paint garbage trucks like that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://images.military.com/pics/SA_image_043012_5m.jpg
View Quote

Some friends and I got a little rowdy at a campground once, and received a visit from the Sandwich Police.

Considering how stupid we were (very), the cop was a decent guy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#25]

The "going downtown to court" special.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The whole "omni-presence" thing got a bit out of hand, IMO. I'm surprise they didn't paint garbage trucks like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

School Safety has their cars painted like that now too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Truth! !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its fast!

LOL.

Truth! !

The way our tablets are mounted you have to be a damn contortionist to hit the trunk release or climate controls too
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Yes! You beat me to it. My hometown them in the late '70's had those. Energy crisis and all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#29]

If he ever flips it would be evil!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

BB guns and rubber mallets more like it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]

This

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes

Yep, I hated them as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Well, considering that West Hollywood is a gay town/city it makes sense really.  I should know, I used to work in that town/city.   Funny thing, though, I was the only straight locksmith who never got propositioned for gay sex.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, those and the fucking VW vans we used in Germany (the kind you always saw terrorists driving in 80s movies)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1980's series Chysler K Car.  We had a shit ton of them when I was in the AF Security Police (I believe the Army MP's got some too).  4 cylinder engines .  We were told that Chrysler had to give the DOD and Government good prices on them in return for the Chrysler bail out with Iacocca.  K cars were seen being used by a lot of Military and Federal agencies.

The K Car made you really appreciate getting a chance to use one of lesser procured Ford LTD II's.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Drive a Taurus and then get back to me on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Drive a Taurus and then get back to me on that.

CPVI was a fucking hog though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I really wish I had a picture of the car from Bergen County's (NJ) Fatal Accident Response Team.

It was a brown Chevy station wagon. It went to accident scenes. They used it to measure skid marks.
View Quote

I got skid marks you can measure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Some friends and I got a little rowdy at a campground once, and received a visit from the Sandwich Police.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://images.military.com/pics/SA_image_043012_5m.jpg

The only money that town will ever see comes from tourists. Of course they were nice.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#43]
My first patrol vehicle was a 1988 Chevy Astro Van, and this was back in 1997.

This POS would not go over 55 MPH.  Plenty of times, I'd have to tell Dispatch to disregard my attempted traffic stops.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Soooo much this. I'm 6'2 230 I had to hunch over to see out the windshield huge blind sot on the passenger side and you crawl up to get out of the damn thing if you can. Duty gear I almost needed KY and a shoe horn.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I heard several horror stories about these, from electrical gremlins, to self immolating brake pads....

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I heard several horror stories about these, from electrical gremlins, to self immolating brake pads....

http://policecararchives.org/idaho/payette_images/cnpca15722-vi.jpg
View Quote

Is it because it's a blonde,  or its a female?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

My first patrol vehicle was a 1988 Chevy Astro Van, and this was back in 1997.

This POS would not go over 55 MPH.  Plenty of times, I'd have to tell Dispatch to disregard my attempted traffic stops.

View Quote

How did you avoid getting run over?  Is it even legal to drive under 75mph on Georgia highways?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#48]
In the late 60's early 70's our city bought Checker Marathons for cop cars. The taxi cab jokes abounded.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised it worked at all.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised it worked at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/zing-o_zpsik3nmlwp.gif

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top