BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mixed bag.

In the big cities - property tax records, liens, title records at those courthouse would most likely be destroyed  - as would those properties.

Out away from the targets, your typical small county courthouse / tax office isn't a nuclear weapon worthy target, thus those records would most likely still exist.

I doubt Chase Manhattan bank will have a mortgage loan service department still in existence (financial or physical).

But local lenders / tax authority may still expect local properties to continue paying

Or a "National Freeze" for some period T.B.D. might be announced by a Continuity of Government agency.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Going to be tough to read those small town digital records without power and without fuel deliveries for local generators.

Be even tougher to enforce any of that with no food deliveries, no seed deliveries, no fertilizer deliveries and fallout all over the place making farms unusable and without fuel deliveries going to be tough to do anything other than small scale farming on the contaminated or uncontaminated farms.

And we haven’t even mentioned medications, infections, radiation poisoning, medical equipment unusable because no power.

I supposed some of the wind turbines and solar farms may provide power for a while until maintenance is needed.

But life would be tough and I suspect the average person isn’t going to be very reasonable when they don’t have food or even clean water. I doubt many would allow themselves to be evicted.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wrong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When one bird flies, they all fly.

You're talking 14k war heads on each side between the US and Russia alone.

We’re all dead.  And by all, I mean the entire planet.

Wrong

How so, champ?  Explain.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It would be total chaos and you would be able to keep whatever you're able to hold on to by means of violence. Eventually things would settle down and communities would spring back up but it's going to be many bloody years down the road.
View Quote

I believe this is what would transpire.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Fascinating how decades of anti-nuclear propaganda has distorted things
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is no reset coming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And what are those computers powered by?  The electric grid will be gone.  Diesel fuel will be gone.  Gasoline will be gone.  Who will be left to go into those caves to get records?  Sure, there will be survivors, but those who are still alive aren’t going to be concerned with who owed what before the missiles were launched.

It’s going to be everyone for themselves.

We’re not talking about getting hit with a few 15 kiloton “Little Boys” like Hiroshima.  This will be thousands of hits from devices that range into the megatons.  Cities will be gone.  Infrastructure gone.  Washington DC will be a giant irradiated parking lot.  So will NYC and all the major cities.  Live down wind?  You’re screwed.  Do you depend on anything electrical?  It likely won’t work.  

There is no returning to normal.

View Quote

Paper is still a thing. The bankers aren’t going anywhere
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
"Does this mean Ann Margret's not coming?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Annie Jacobsen: Nuclear War, CIA, KGB, Aliens, Area 51, Roswell & Secrecy | Lex Fridman Podcast #420
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
"All out nuclear war"?

The economy would be the least of our worries.  You're talking a near-total extinction event.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Doesn’t matter. I will walk the land like Jamie Foxx in the Book of Eli. Killing hordes of cannibals, while the women grovel before me, begging for my unvaccinated seed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

And who is going to care?  What mode of transportation will they use?  Horse and buggy?  

Look up Ivy Mike on YouTube and imagine 1,700 of them going off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t care.
I’m financially secure, no matter what comes.

I am sick to death of Lefties and their “useful idiots”, the never_TRUMPers, tearing this country down.
I wouldn’t miss a single one.
View Quote

You claim your are "financially secure" yet your "investments" not to mention even physical money in a safe would become worth next to nothing in an actual World War 3 massive nuclear exchange. Even Gold & Silver doesn't mean anything to someone who is watching their loved ones freezing or starving to death.

You wouldn't in any way miss those "little things" like maybe ...electricity, gasoline, medicine & modern health care, an ample & available supply of safe food or ample & available supply of safe water or even being able to buy a few rolls of good old toilet paper down at the corner convience store?

All the death & destruction across the world & the sheer misery for the survivors for generations, But to you it is all somehow "worth" the lives of those billions of people because of. ... ... ... Never_Trumpers  

Your reply is why people can't take Trump Worshipers seriously.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you mean things went counterforce? Well, probably most records survived, maybe even the banks, but the economy completely imploded on a scale not seen in modern economic history, not even 1930s Germany. Stock markets frozen, bonds unpayed, payment systems fucked, internet is fucked, bitcoin is lol, the mail might go through next month... The remnants of the government are there but how much power and authority do they have? Any intact government is going to make emergency moves to prevent people from losing property due to foreclosure and focused on keeping the lights on, water flowing, and food rolling.

Do you mean things went countervalue? Because then there is no historical precedent to look at. You probably need to look at 1353 after the Black Death when 1/3 to 1/2 of the population of Europe was killed in 7 years, probably a rough equivalent... but that isn't even very good because the plague did not raze cities and infrastructure. Power is out. Water is out. Gas is out. Gasoline refining and distribution is disrupted. So is food processing and distribution. Eat the seeds or plant them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter. I will walk the land like Jamie Foxx in the Book of Eli. Killing hordes of cannibals, while the women grovel before me, begging for my unvaccinated seed.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#15]
What type of nuclear war? The one where its ready set go: 1500 warheads go east and west at the same time. The Mutual Assured Destruction scenario that leaves every city and town leveled? Yes, the economy will get reset.

What the hell are those 2 billion dollar stealth bombers for? Just to blast bands of Mujahideen running around in flip flops? Nuclear tipped stealthy cruise missiles that slip through radar should be able to glass the Russian nuclear forces. Yes, we will miss some and millions will die. So what? Most of GD want to see the crime ridden big cities get their due.

So why not give the Russians the BOLT FROM THE BLUE.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No.   Global Thermo-Nuclear War is not coming to save you from your bad decisions.    

You think the Banks don’t have multiple backups?  

OTOH, hyperinflation would make your loans very easy to pay off, If you  have income, and If they don’t revalue the loans in New Dollars. (Eventually, they would)
View Quote

lol. It will not take thermo-nuclear war to shave your wealth. No, banks dont have shit in place, 2008 fucked them hard. We cant handle anything but fair weather, but thankfully we’ve had a looooooooong stretch of that. Tip: stock up on toilet paper.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.

But its no surprise, arflandia is well known for getting educated by movies.

In before @limaxray starts sharing recipies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do you mean things went counterforce? Well, probably most records survived, maybe even the banks, but the economy completely imploded on a scale not seen in modern economic history. Stock markets frozen, bonds unpayed, payment systems fucked, internet is fucked, the mail might go through next month... The remnants of the government are there but how much power and authority do they have? Any intact government is going to make emergency moves to prevent people from losing property.

Do you mean things went countervalue? Because then there is no historical precedent to look at. You probably need to look at 1353 after the Black Death when 1/3 of the population of Europe was killed, probably a good equivalent... but that isn't even very good because the plague did not raze cities and infrastructure. Power is out. Water is out. Gas is out. Gasoline refining and distribution is disrupted. So is food processing and distribution.
View Quote

That is the bitch of it because everything pretty much fails at the same time & across the Nation makes any restart really difficult.

If you ever read the David Brin novel "The Postman" it is the complex interweaving of our supply systems & society that is very fragile, perhaps now so more than any time in recent memory.  

Mass starvation or the complete breakdown of law & order just can't happen here - right? Uh - Yup sure could & likely would!

Just In Time - Lean Manufacturing + huge international "outsourcing" of factories & products can screw us 100 times more in Nuclear World War 3 than we found out in the relatively "minor" COVID crisis.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Think Mad Max and Barter Town.

One wants to be the midget living in pigshit running Barter town.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah the stock exchange won't be opening. You'll largely be on your own. It's a nightmare scenario, not a fantasy.
View Quote
All digital currency lost - all bank accounts frozen, if not lost. Electricity off, it's over
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what are those computers powered by?  The electric grid will be gone.  Diesel fuel will be gone.  Gasoline will be gone.  Who will be left to go into those caves to get records?  Sure, there will be survivors, but those who are still alive aren’t going to be concerned with who owed what before the missiles were launched.

It’s going to be everyone for themselves.

We’re not talking about getting hit with a few 15 kiloton “Little Boys” like Hiroshima.  This will be thousands of hits from devices that range into the megatons.  Cities will be gone.  Infrastructure gone.  Washington DC will be a giant irradiated parking lot.  So will NYC and all the major cities.  Live down wind?  You’re screwed.  Do you depend on anything electrical?  It likely won’t work.  

There is no returning to normal.

Yea..... They'll just report on down to work... Buisness as usual!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How so, champ?  Explain.
View Quote

Not going to waste my time,  if you want to understand,  find some war college papers on nuclear weapons,  then you will know a little bit about usage strategies.  Then do look up yield calculations,  amount of damage etc.   Or Ill just wait for limaxray
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.

Lima X-Ray was pretty clear that a lot of places we THINK will catch a nuke most likely will NOT because most nukes actually target OTHER nukes so there isn't a whole lot of extra Easter eggs to "Share the Sunshine.".

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed Mister President, but 30-40 million casualties Tops .. uh, depending on the breaks...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.

Not only educated by movies.   Most of the guys here have had their entire Ideology shaped by the Entertainment industry.

Education and Ideology.     So, pretty much everything they are, was created by Hollywood.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It’s a nightmare scenario, not a fantasy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All those military aged illegals will show their colors pretty quickly
View Quote

I think some would rape and redrum their way back across the border to safer ground.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How so, champ?  Explain.
View Quote

For starters, no 14,000 warheads. It isn't the 80s anymore.

Russia and the US have a max of 1550 deployed warheads, each, of any type, including tactical. Russia is still abiding by that so are we. Russia has far more weapons for use in Europe. They have hundreds for the US.

China until recently only had dozens of warheads that could hit the US. Now they have hundreds.

Anyone that attacks us has to put 100s of warheads into our ICBM silos.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lima X-Ray was pretty clear that a lot of places we THINK will catch a nuke most likely will NOT because most nukes actually target OTHER nukes so there isn't a whole lot of extra Easter eggs to "Share the Sunshine.".

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed Mister President, but 30-40 million casualties Tops .. uh, depending on the breaks...

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Yeah, MAD hasn't been a thing for like 2 decades.

So unless your local courthouse houses nukes, all your records and the tax man will still be there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It’s a reset alright. lol
View Quote

The fear of nukes ending it all is legit communist propaganda.

Nuclear meltdowns are much more damaging than nuclear weapons in terms of radiation danger. If you survive the blast and stay inside for two days, you're probably fine.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How large scale?

How dirty is the fallout.

90% of Americans would be dead in the first year and I would probably get shot in the gut by a 13 year old kid with a 22lr stealing my chickens…

Heck of a reset
View Quote

Yet the majority here gets off on the mental masturbation of it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nuclear meltdowns are much more damaging than nuclear weapons in terms of radiation danger. If you survive the blast and stay inside for two days, you're probably fine.

https://remm.hhs.gov/RemmMockup_files/dose-rate-decay.png
View Quote

But NOES!!!!!  My junior high art teacher with a BA in education from a public state school told me that fallout would make farmland unuseable for a thousand years!

Are you saying that my junior high art teacher with a BA in education from a public state school didn't understand how nuclear physics works!?  How dare you sir!  

How. Dare. You.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Duh
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#34]
You would have no debt.  Shortly after you would also have no electricity, water, gas/diesel,  food or medicine.

Alas Babylon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#35]
'The Day After' Nuclear War/Deterrence Discussion Panel - ABC News 'Viewpoint' (November 20 1983)

This is a panel discussion that was aired on TV immediately following the move “The Day After.”  If you have the time watch it.  

A full out nuclear exchange between NATO/Russia and potentially China would basically destroy the economies of all countries in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Southern Hemisphere would fare better as it would mostly escape being directly targeted but there would so much radioactive dust and smoke it the air growing crops would be nearly impossible.

Imagine the worst wildfire you can think of, and then imagine nearly all of the northern hemisphere burning like that.  No firefighters to fight it. Cities and vegetation just burning until they burn themselves out.

Hundreds of millions of people would be killed in the first day, and probably over a billion would be dead within a few weeks.  If you survive the initial blasts, imagine a world with no power, no internet, no sewer, no farming, no fuel deliveries, etc.  Your mortgage would be the last thing on your mind.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But NOES!!!!!  My junior high art teacher with a BA in education from a public state school told me that fallout would make farmland unuseable for a thousand years!

Are you saying that my junior high art teacher with a BA in education from a public state school didn't understand how nuclear physics works!?  How dare you sir!  

How. Dare. You.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How. Dare. You.

Nukes are meant to be scary, but the reality is no one uses them because they don't want to show the world the truth.

It's not like we don't have bad actors and retarded leaders all over the world for decades
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#37]
The WEF would dance with glee. Even if only for a minute.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not going to waste my time,  if you want to understand,  find some war college papers on nuclear weapons,  then you will know a little bit about usage strategies.  Then do look up yield calculations,  amount of damage etc.   Or Ill just wait for limaxray
View Quote

Quoted:

For starters, no 14,000 warheads. It isn't the 80s anymore.

Russia and the US have a max of 1550 deployed warheads, each, of any type, including tactical. Russia is still abiding by that so are we. Russia has far more weapons for use in Europe. They have hundreds for the US.

China until recently only had dozens of warheads that could hit the US. Now they have hundreds.

Anyone that attacks us has to put 100s of warheads into our ICBM silos.
View Quote

Only one way to prove I’m wrong.  Let’s light these candles.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Doesn’t matter. I will walk the land like Jamie Foxx in the Book of Eli. Killing hordes of cannibals, while the women grovel before me, begging for my unvaccinated seed.
View Quote

Uhhh...

That was Denzel
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hundreds of millions of people would be killed in the first day, and probably over a billion would be dead within a few weeks.  If you survive the initial blasts, imagine a world with no power, no internet, no sewer, no farming, no fuel deliveries, etc.  Your mortgage would be the last thing on your mind.
View Quote

From Annie Jacobsen's book, the modeling saying a nuclear winter lasting 10 years would be the end of us all
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

But you can't trust them Ruskis not to do ...

Anybody to the east (prevailing winds) of US ICBM fields (ground bursts are very 'dirty' / radioactive) might have a hot time of it in World War III

How many people here could seriously ride out "two weeks" with their family in a facility with air filtration for radiation protection?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://y.yarn.co/8cd53197-8fe8-4c33-ade1-3026f355caf3_text.gif

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Fallout_map_USA_%28FEMA%29.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/US_nuclear_strike_map.svg/2560px-US_nuclear_strike_map.svg.png

Anybody to the east (prevailing winds) of US ICBM fields (ground bursts are very 'dirty' / radioactive) might have a hot time of it in World War III

https://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fallout_Map_3-23-1963-Saturday-Evening-Post.jpg

How many people here could seriously ride out "two weeks" with their family in a facility with air filtration for radiation protection?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Fallout_map_USA_%28FEMA%29.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/US_nuclear_strike_map.svg/2560px-US_nuclear_strike_map.svg.png

https://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fallout_Map_3-23-1963-Saturday-Evening-Post.jpg

Is that last map a very old projection?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The WEF would dance with glee. Even if only for a minute.
View Quote

As depicted by Iron Maiden in their seminal work (decades before anyone ever heard of the WEF) :

Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight (Official Video)
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
All those military aged illegals will show their colors pretty quickly
View Quote

And so would we.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you even explain what air filtration for radiation protection means?    Cause "filtration"  isnt one of the survival tactics against fallout.  Can you name them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a reset alright. lol

I always read it was two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#47]
US Dollar would be worthless. Use worthless dollars  to pay off the mortgage.
Of course the new government will probably pass a law stating that existing debts must be paid off in new currency.

Quoted:
Nuclear war isn't the magic eraser its been hyped up to be. One bank or another will still own all your shit when its over.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From 1963 (Saturday Evening Post March 23rd 1963) when the Russians have far fewer nuclear weapons & effective delivery systems

It is 100% accurate to today? No, because I'm sure targets move as bases close and old weapons systems are replaced by new.

but the idea that the "average ARFCOM member", much less the "average American" could find a place with adequate radiation shielding containing the required food, water, sanitary & sanity supplies - not to mention clean air supply for two weeks is a bit  ...  disheartening.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Startled this thread has even gone on this long.  Who would want to survive something like that?  To watch your friends and families die?

I'm in the vaporization camp to not have to worry about me and mine suffering, but I'm in the sticks so would probably survive for a while at least.  But again, it would be a miserable existence.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top