Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Eh....what's the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NODs and FLIR definitely would be a must have for dino hunting fun. I'll jump on the .458 SOCOM in an AR pattern rifle for primary. No idea if it would actual do much to take down larger ones, but beyond that you'd probably need to be mounted to bring enough firepower.
View Quote
I dont think trex or swampy alligator monster could handle a 50bmg.

Id prolly have ars in 50 beowolf with 40mm grenade launchers under. G40 sidearm with 220gr hardcast ammo. Also a few small semiauto 22lr for little things ... or a big machete.

Biggest risk to me seems to be weight. You get hunted by 10 raptors and lose a bunch of ammo at the beginning and you are in danger of running out of ammo
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

According to JP canon, the dinos were warm blooded.
View Quote
Ah ... really good actually.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
3 flamethrowers is probably fine.

I don't think the dinos are going to harry the small pack of loud fire breathing monsters that smell like those annoying furry things that scuttle around underfoot.

You aren't big enough to interest Trex and Raptors can find something easier that doesn't fucking breath fire.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I would bring a feather to tickle them fuckers' feet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I watched a show on Netflix which says they found 100M year old soft tissue in T-Rex bones.  They are sequencing the genes.

They absolutely have done this for the Wooly Mammoth.  

The Europeans have actual plans to bring the Aurochs back from extinction.

Jurassic Park, here we come.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:13:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ll take a 629 .44 Mag for up close work. A .338 Lapua Mag for big stuff. And a M-16 for fire suppression crowd control spraying the shit out of the critters.

Ed

eta; add an M203 to the 16
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
On foot with what's currently available? Fuck that shit. The Raptors in JP are just too fucking lethal. The big boy carnivores aren't of much concern, I highly doubt they'd put in the energy to stalk a human

No fucking choice? One dude with a 20mm w/ HE rounds preferably, 50 BMG at the very least (might as well go for the M82A2 bullpup JP3 style then).

Another gets something belt fed that can handle sustained fire without changing barrels....IIRC the PKP is like that

I'll take one of those neato FA AA-12 shotguns that fell off the face of the earth with those neato FRAG-12 rounds from back-in-the-day Future Weapons chugchugchugchug....BOOMBOOMBOOOMBOOM (yeah I know they suck)
View Quote
Raptors were really the size of turkeys.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ed
View Quote
Not all, just the movie-famous velociraptor.

I think this calls for some ridiculous ruskie hardware.

But serious props to whomever goes for it rocking a pith helmet and uses their companions as gunbearers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Whelp. Gonna grab my good ol M1A my NODs and a sidearm and get to hiking!

Probably gonna carry a ruck if ammo and shit too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:48:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Dromie_scale.png

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tmp_dropzone_1356517-tfb.jpg

But serious props to whomever goes for it rocking a pith helmet and uses their companions as gunbearers.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/07/a4/69/07a469a2cfaa81bdfaa2dbda28fb3693.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ed
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Dromie_scale.png

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tmp_dropzone_1356517-tfb.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/07/a4/69/07a469a2cfaa81bdfaa2dbda28fb3693.jpg
What the fuck is on the end of that thing? A muffler of a T-72?

Ed
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Larry Vickers. I would let him militarize the raptors like he wanted to in Jurassic World.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:56:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#14]
handheld sonic weapon and 10mm carbine and IR goggles with sharkproof titanium chainmail suit
flamethrower and 10mm carbine and IR goggles. sharkproof titanium chainmail suit
40mm grenade launcher 10mm carbine and night vision googles. sharkproof titanium chainmail suit
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Walk?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:25:03 AM EDT
[#16]
First question:

Am I only paid if I survive? If I'm paid in advance, and can spend or give the money away as I see fit before starting the adventure, I would most certainly volunteer.

Second question:

Do my companions have to also be volunteers, or can I pick anyone I choose?

If given an unrestricted choice in companions, and they don't have the option to refuse, I now have an opportunity to make the world a better place, and make sure my family is well provided for in the process. Sounds like a win/win to me!

The hardest part would be choosing only two companions. As my solution to that problem, for one of my weapons I would pick a large trebuchet, and provide a list of people I'd like to use as ammunition. After all, you did say we could have any weapon, but would have to carry it on foot. I don't plan to take it with me once I run out of ammunition...

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:48:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Randall Model 1
An Antique Tiffany walking stick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Suppressed FNX Tactical 10 mags full of 230gr Speer Gold Dots

Suppressed 6.5G AR15, 20 30rnd magazines mostly ballistic tip, some fmj.

Old timer pocket knife
Sugar Cane style Machet
Katana

My companions would be Army Rangers, big guy with an M249 the other carries extra ammo and support gear.

This is all assuming my companions must be human, otherwise they're a Bradley and driver/gunner. I may have to walk, but who says they can't follow right behind me?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Not much I wouldn't do for 60m

We are all going to die better than dieting slowly in your own waste poor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I pick Taylor Swift and Scarlet Johannsen as my two partners.  We will need tools to build a treehouse shelter.  I'm going to spend about a month in the tree house with them.

You did not specify a time limit.

After that 60 mil is just a bonus.

I would go to Jurassic Park for free.  Now you will let me kill a dinosaur?  Are you sure it's not pay 60 mil?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#21]
An M2 Carbine with poison filled hollowpoints along with a Garand and with black tips for my load out. Kill all the big stuff at range with brain shots. Kill all the faster close stuff with the Carbine. I would move in the early hours before the reptiles got too active. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Just give me a big ass sprayer of counter assault.
My second can bring the guide gun with 500 grn hard cast and the third can bring an aa12 with buck n ball. (Just in case).

If the venerable old 45-70 will poke a hole clean through a Buffalo or a brown Bear I doubt too many critters would be much of a problem
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Sure, if my two companions can be a T-800 and T-1000 terminators.  Plus miniguns and grenade launchers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#24]
What round for triceratops?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He said you have two companions. I'd do it for $60 million, any weapons systems I can carry, and two men as back up.
View Quote
It's funny how everyone envisions the other 2 guys as these nameless/faceless guys who are merely there to pack all our unwieldy kit around like African porters in an old black and white Tarzan movie.

The odds are that each of the other two guys are viewing us the same way.

"Screw that! YOU hump the grenade launcher and extra ammo!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Well... I can't afford $60 million but if they'd let me do it for free, I would.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll do it for 60 mil. I would carry select fire SAIGA12 with m203 or russian gp grenade launcher on it, AKSU also with nade launcher, glock 20, frags. companion 1 would carry PKM, frags, g20. Companion 2 would be carrying some big bore big game rifle meant for elephants, hippos and rhinos, and a RPG7. We'd have a Predator drone overhead too.
View Quote
Another one...

"Screw you. I want an AKSU, too. Or you carry the PKM through the underbrush."
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#28]
As long as I got to pick the companions. I and a companion get an AR and a Glock 17. Someone else gets a 300 win mag and a Glock. Someone has to carry a shotgun loaded with bird shot for those little piranha bastard dinosaurs, too.

The big ones aren't exactly going to sneak up on you but you still need a way to kill them. You need reflex sites and guns set up for short sudden engagements.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys are funny. 60+ Raptors assault your group and Pterodactyls swoop in from the sky.  You deaded son. No matter where you go.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But u wont see cold blooded dinos right?

G40 is nice
View Quote
If their so cold you can't see them,they wouldn't be moving at all
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#31]
All 3 of us get CQBR's.  One gets SR25, one gets a DP12, one gets a shitload of frags.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Assume you can have any weapons, but you have to carry them all on foot.

If yes what would you bring?

[Edit: any existing wespons, and with the dinos obviously]
View Quote

If I could have the semi auto Marlin 1895 SBL Chris Pratt used in the movie, sure
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#33]
What’s the distance of this trek?

2 suppressed AR’s with Surefire 60 mags, 450 rds each minimum, one with a 40mm launcher, smoke, HE and gas. The other with a master key.

1 guy with a suppressed desert-tech SRS A1 in .338 and a lightweight shot gun

All three with glock G20’s
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I think I'll follow Clint's advice on this one and know my limitations
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd do it.

Micro mini gun for myself

One guy with a flame thrower. Forget walking through that tall velociraptor grass.

One guy with a M32 grenade launcher.

Glock 40 holstered on everyone's right hip, HK M320 holstered on their left hip. Plenty of M67 grenades

M32 guy would throw a frag grenade every half mile or so. I'd like to avoid anything too serious.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, seeing as how the island is real, but the dinosaurs are CGI, I'd bring coolers of beer, ice, and Knob Creek.  Those freeze-dried camping meals everybody on here are always raving about: How well do they hold up if you use beer to reconstitute them with, rather than water?  Oh, and at least one of my companions will be the booze cart girl from the Augusta.  I have it on good authority that she's dtf.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Would OP take $60 million to leave the basement
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
On foot with what's currently available? Fuck that shit. The Raptors in JP are just too fucking lethal. The big boy carnivores aren't of much concern, I highly doubt they'd put in the energy to stalk a human

No fucking choice? One dude with a 20mm w/ HE rounds preferably, 50 BMG at the very least (might as well go for the M82A2 bullpup JP3 style then).

Another gets something belt fed that can handle sustained fire without changing barrels....IIRC the PKP is like that

I'll take one of those neato FA AA-12 shotguns that fell off the face of the earth with those neato FRAG-12 rounds from back-in-the-day Future Weapons chugchugchugchug....BOOMBOOMBOOOMBOOM (yeah I know they suck)
View Quote
Exactly how much energy do you expend walking to the fridge to grab a snack? It isn't like we're unusually fast on foot.

And most predators actually have a low success rate, so they in fact are actually quite comfortable expending energy on what will probably be an unsuccessful stalk. It's the old macro versus micro analysis.

If they were capable of calculating the odds and valued efficiency, they'd stop eating meat and turn vegan.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Modern weapons and 2 companions huh?

Do I get the 60mil if I'm the lone survivor?

Milkor MGL

RPK 7.62x39 with some of that Norinco yellow box from the 80's in a 75rd drum

scar 17s with 40mm
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh, I want a laser pointer too.  I bet they're dumb.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yes 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
District 9 Exo-suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mg-M4CabBY
Yes 
I forgot.....We would have to grow a "Fooking Prawn" arm first.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Id do it with a 10/22 and a .38.

Plus NV/therm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Companions: 1) Maasai tracker 2) dangerous game PH

Weapons: Maasai will carry a CZ 550 in .375H&H w/ a leupold vx6 2-12 with firedot(and probably also a spear). PH and I would have two double rifles in .577 nitro express. All would have 5-6.5" S&W Model 29 or 629.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Full body armor with thermal 
View Quote
You didn't see Jurassic World, did you
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Sure, and flamethrower.

The Lost World video game had a M32 with Nerve Gas rounds but that sounds like a a breeze away from a bad day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I dont think trex or swampy alligator monster could handle a 50bmg.

Id prolly have ars in 50 beowolf with 40mm grenade launchers under. G40 sidearm with 220gr hardcast ammo. Also a few small semiauto 22lr for little things ... or a big machete.

Biggest risk to me seems to be weight. You get hunted by 10 raptors and lose a bunch of ammo at the beginning and you are in danger of running out of ammo
View Quote
I wouldn't do it.

There really is no loadout for a human on foot that is going to ensure success. Seriously. A coordinated ambush attack from multiple raptors at close quarters and I think I'm really going to stand a chance with any firearm? They won't even know what it is and what it is capable of doing to them until long after the encounter is decided.

Does anyone even know how long it would take a .50 bmg to incapacitate a t-Rex with a COM hit...assuming you are even up to humping one on foot through the bush from one side of an island to the other?

I suspect stealth, cover scents, night vision, flash bangs and tear gas are probably going to do more to increase your odds of survival than any man portable weapons system would.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

According to JP canon, the dinos were warm blooded.
View Quote
Except the Indominus Rex in Jurassic World could hide from thermal, as well as camouflage...
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is one of the companions Minnie Driver cerca 1995?
And the other companion has a Mini-Gun?

Minnie Driver voiced the main character in the 1998 game Trespasser, where you do exactly what is asked in the OP... but no payout.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y90G3NXVL.jpg
View Quote
I had that game. Bought it just for Minnie Driver's voice and boobs. Game was completely unplayable.

But yes, give me a full set of X-01 Power Armor all modded out a mini-gun and a power fist or ripper.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I wouldn't do it.

There really is no loadout for a human on foot that is going to ensure success. Seriously. A coordinated ambush attack from multiple raptors at close quarters and I think I'm really going to stand a chance with any firearm? They won't even know what it is and what it is capable of doing to them until long after the encounter is decided.

Does anyone even know how long it would take a .50 bmg to incapacitate a t-Rex with a COM hit...assuming you are even up to humping one on foot through the bush from one side of an island to the other?

I suspect stealth, cover scents, night vision, flash bangs and tear gas are probably going to do more to increase your odds of survival than any man portable weapons system would.
View Quote
Just shoot the t-rex in the eye.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top