Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
FATF, but this guy nailed his own coffin shut when he said they could be put in rifles, then essentially admitted it’s not legal in the same sentence.

He SHOULD NOT be charged for shit. But your typical juror is a fucking idiot and his own comments are what got him burned.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just a drawing?  Don't simultaneously get on the OP about a misleading thread title while you are minimizing the item that was sold.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "drawing" was the exact dimensions of the parts that could be used to make an AR fully automatic, which was drawn on material that was capable of being used as such.

Agree with the item seller if you wish, but let's keep it real.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you are right, he's fucked. I would not have personally chosen to take the path that he did. Perhaps I am weaker and my personal convictions are not as strong as his.

But let me remind you,  he's in a cage for promoting a drawing on a credit card. And you posted a thread saying he got 45 years. He has not yet received a 45 year sentence.

Just a drawing?  Don't simultaneously get on the OP about a misleading thread title while you are minimizing the item that was sold.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "drawing" was the exact dimensions of the parts that could be used to make an AR fully automatic, which was drawn on material that was capable of being used as such.

Well, apparently the ATF wasn't capable of doing it

A design is still protected speech.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your take on what happened is retarded.

View Quote

2NDPNI
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He risked it all for views and money.
View Quote
So did Tom Paine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't personally choose to be involved in such a thing. I'm sure you wouldn't either.

But, what if you had a paper print of the same drawing (which is widely available online im sure), and traced that same outline on a piece of metal? Are you guilty of having a machine gun?

ATF admitted in court they had to work like hell to get the thing to even partially work as a full auto device.

Apparently you agree with someone being a life long felon and locked in a cage for messing with a credit card that could POTENTIALLY be formed into an item that could POTENTIALLY be inserted in a firearm that could POTENTIALLY be misused.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
This is horseshit.

Fuck the ATF, the NFA, and all those acronyms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you are right, he's fucked. I would not have personally chosen to take the path that he did. Perhaps I am weaker and my personal convictions are not as strong as his.

But let me remind you,  he's in a cage for promoting a drawing on a credit card. And you posted a thread saying he got 45 years. He has not yet received a 45 year sentence.

You kind of sound like the people who want to serialize “80% receivers”.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wouldn't personally choose to be involved in such a thing. I'm sure you wouldn't either.

But, what if you had a paper print of the same drawing (which is widely available online im sure), and traced that same outline on a piece of metal? Are you guilty of having a machine gun?

ATF admitted in court they had to work like hell to get the thing to even partially work as a full auto device.

Apparently you agree with someone being a life long felon and locked in a cage for messing with a credit card that could POTENTIALLY be formed into an item that could POTENTIALLY be inserted in a firearm that could POTENTIALLY be misused.
View Quote

Whether I agree or not isn't the issue.  But you, also, are not keeping it real by referring to the item as a "credit card."  Is that what it was, or was it a small sheet of metal with instructions on it for making an illegal device and marketed as such?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, totally different.  The precursor is intended to become a legal firearm.  Whether the person making it is a prohibited person, or whether they give it a serial number, are separate issues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whether I agree or not isn't the issue.  But you, also, are not keeping it real by referring to the item as a "credit card."  Is that what it was, or was it a small sheet of metal with instructions on it for making an illegal device and marketed as such?
View Quote

It wasn't a credit card, but may as well have been. Plastic, aluminum, steel, paper, whatever. It's an outline on a piece of material that is useless without the intent of the end user.

And to answer your question, instructions are not illegal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The debacle is that the ATFs argument basically means i can draw a shape on a piece of sheet metal with a Sharpie and then hand said piece of sheet metal to someone and I just manufactured and distributed a "machine gun".

That, sir, is real retarded.
View Quote

Outline the shape with the words of the second amendment in a small font.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the medium on which protected speech is conveyed germane to the determination of whether it is protected speech?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is the medium on which protected speech is conveyed germane to the determination of whether it is protected speech?
View Quote

I see we're going to play word games now.  Keeping it real was my point.  Pretending that the item was innocent, protected free speech, when it wasn't even marketed that way, does a disservice to all.  If our side wants to argue that FA should be legal, that's a much better platform.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I see we're going to play word games now.  Keeping it real was my point.  Pretending that the item was innocent, protected free speech, when it wasn't even marketed that way, does a disservice to all.  If our side wants to argue that FA should be legal, that's a much better platform.
View Quote

This is not a word game; this is a key issue.  If you want to 'keep it real', you address the issue.  Whatever Hoover intended isn't the issue - whether the card he sold is, or is not a machinegun is the issue.  If he just sold paper diagrams of a LL, with the intent a user could use those plans to build a LL, does that make those paper plans a MG?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't let them take you in. Ever.

Didn't we learn this lesson from the J6 people they're STILL rounding up and putting in jail for an indeterminate amount to time?

I mean, if you don't mind your rights being trampled, then by all means surrender peacefully. If not, minecraft.
View Quote

The minecraft defense legally doesn't work anymore so we might as well just say it. Do not surrender, delete redcoats if necessary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
And I already updated and corrected that information hours ago.
But fuck reading and shit right?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So this is a knife?

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I think if you commit a violent crime that you should lose your gun rights.

I think if the government releases a violent person that then commits a violent crime, the people directly responsible for the release of that person should face criminal prosecution for reckless conduct while carrying out the public service of their offices.

I don’t think that gun laws should exist.

I think that they exist to excuse government malfeasance. I think stupid people support them and corrupt people who should never be trusted with authority promote them to shift blame from their own inability to govern from themselves to people that neither committed the crime or had any responsibility to dispose of criminals with public funds.

The ATF is in every way possible a blight on society that exists to enforce a corrupt system of governance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn’t the atf say he could sell this only to turn around and prosecute him?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#20]
FATF!
Founding fathers would have approved on improving your capabilities.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:34:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is not a word game; this is a key issue.  If you want to 'keep it real', you address the issue.  Whatever Hoover intended isn't the issue - whether the card he sold is, or is not a machinegun is the issue.  If he just sold paper diagrams of a LL, with the intent a user could use those plans to build a LL, does that make those paper plans a MG?
View Quote

Completely different circumstances.  Get back to the actual facts without playing what if.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:35:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The basic facts.
1.He sold an item.
2.The feds decide item is a no go.
3. The feds shake down his old lady giving him plenty of heads up they have him in the cross hairs for something.
4. Dude talks mad shit at .gov.
5.. The feds make an arrest over said item.
6. Dude keeps talking trash.
7. Dude got convicted.
8. Dude is facing 45 years.
9.Regardless of the legality of his actions he is fucked and will continue to be fucked.
View Quote

Here’s the truth:
1. ATF are a bunch of cock suckers
2. People who support them arresting someone for a drawing are cock suckers
3. Your rights are decided by court cases. The atf told this guy he could sell this. Now he’s facing 45 years. You think that’s right?  They can just decide the file in your garage is a machine gun and have you sentenced for 45 years. Because of this man standing up for your rights you might not have to worry about that.

Unfortunately if their lies and changing their mind on a whim get you 45 years you might as well stand in line to surrender your guns right now because you sure as shit are going to turn them in the moment you’re requested to anyway.

I can’t believe such stupidity is even allowed on this website.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#23]

I'll be your huckleberry: sure, it's a knife precursor, which is mildly interesting.

Changing ANY of the actual facts of the case is silly.  Stick to what he actually did - advertising a FA device for sale, providing the instructions (exactly dimensions etched into it) on a metal card of sufficient quality (?) to function.

Guys, stop the obfuscation.  At least give the guy some respect for doing what he thought was right.  He unabashedly did it, knowing exactly what was what.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope, totally different.  The precursor is intended to become a legal firearm.  Whether the person making it is a prohibited person, or whether they give it a serial number, are separate issues.
View Quote

Nope, can become illegal firearm with the right drawing, just like the card.  Your view is moronic
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The minecraft defense legally doesn't work anymore so we might as well just say it. Do not surrender, delete redcoats if necessary.
View Quote

Minecraft the snot out of the tyrants then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope, can become illegal firearm with the right drawing, just like the card.  Your view is moronic
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll be your huckleberry: sure, it's a knife precursor, which is mildly interesting.

Changing ANY of the actual facts of the case is silly.  Stick to what he actually did - advertising a FA device for sale, providing the instructions (exactly dimensions etched into it) on a metal card of sufficient quality (?) to function.

Guys, stop the obfuscation.  At least give the guy some respect for doing what he thought was right.  He unabashedly did it, knowing exactly what was what.
View Quote

lol

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:55:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah, it’s just metal with ink on it.

A gun with an auto sear inside it is a machine gun.

Assuming the sear works.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#29]
It if were one of Barry Obama's sons they would have only received felony probation and time served if caught with a fully functioning Glock switch.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

You guys are right - and everybody else is wrong.  It's just a bottle opener.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:59:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/Bottle_Opener_jpg-2792570.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone else? There’s been a vote?

At most maybe 12 agreed. I wasn’t one of them though. I can find 11 others that’ll agree with me fairly easily.

I just think it’s odd that none of the people that agree with me wind up on federal juries. Weird!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, it's just metal with ink on it.

Your original screen name was far more accurate.  We are not on the same side.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not Guilty!
View Quote

This. But we all know that won't happen. FTFG
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd be wrong.  I gave no opinion as to whether the law was appropriate or not, but I'm not willing to spout nonsense about every gun law being "unconstitutional."  It's a trope that has no place in this conversation. When and if a court of competent jurisdiction declares such, it is so.  Until then, posting on internet forums does nothing.  We should be lobbying our scumbag legislators, like Miami is doing.  That's how we get results.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

The one I saw had no dimensions or instructions. It was just an outline drawing on a credit card shaped piece of metal.

Don't know if that was his or somebody else's.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The one I saw had no dimensions or instructions. It was just an outline drawing on a credit card shaped piece of metal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if they did it is irrelevant.

Gasoline is an arson precursor.

Arson is not an arson precursor.

Arson is arson.

A machine gun is not a thin piece of sheet metal.

A machine gun is a gun with the sheet metal inside it that functions like a machine gun.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You'd be wrong.  I gave no opinion as to whether the law was appropriate or not, but I'm not willing to spout nonsense about every gun law being "unconstitutional."  It's a trope that has no place in this conversation. When and if a court of competent jurisdiction declares such, it is so.  Until then, posting on internet forums does nothing.  We should be lobbying our scumbag legislators, like Miami is doing.  That's how we get results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your posts and my post will stand forever in this thread.  We are not the same.  You support infringements on the 2A.  I do not.   In your words, Yeah it was just a bottle opener.  Yes I agree every law that infringes on the 2A is not a just law.  I feel that you feel different.  Pro tip they all infringe on the second amendment.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#38]
The guy did nothing wrong. Interesting how many here are on the side of the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think this might be the one in question:

Attachment Attached File

Hmm, I wonder if those outlines are the exact dimensions of the FA device, and printed on metal that would work.  

Let's give Durst some credit for having more balls than sense.  He knew what he was doing and went full steam ahead.  Why anybody in this thread would play what if games when the facts seem to be pretty clear is odd.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:26:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
 Your posts and my post will stand forever in this thread.  We are not the same.  You support infringements on the 2A.  I do not.   In your words, Yeah it was just a bottle opener.  Yes I agree every law that infringes on the 2A is not a just law.  I feel that you feel different.  Pro tip they all infringe on the second amendment.
View Quote

Here's an actual pro tip: go argue it in front of a court that can do something about it.  Otherwise, your internet assertions are moot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Arson is arson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arson is arson.

Oh I think the whole thing is stupid.

Next they'll decide that, since you can print one out as a paper template, having access to the internet and a piece of sheet metal is Constructive Intent.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Next they'll decide that, since you can print one out as a paper template, having access to the internet and a piece of sheet metal is Constructive Intent.

View Quote

Only if you also have tin snips and a set of files to smooth out the edges.  Well, do you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/card_jpg-2792583.JPG

Hmm, I wonder if those outlines are the exact dimensions of the FA device, and printed on metal that would work.  

Let's give Durst some credit for having more balls than sense.  He knew what he was doing and went full steam ahead.  Why anybody in this thread would play what if games when the facts seem to be pretty clear is odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/card_jpg-2792583.JPG

Different ones. The one I saw only had a single outline and no "bottle opener" hole.

I would presume that the general shape and dimensions were the same though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Here's an actual pro tip: go argue it in front of a court that can do something about it.  Otherwise, your internet assertions are moot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am just going to call you out on your tacit support of an over reaching corrupt .Fed. .Gov overreach.  You can talk all the shit you want we are not on the same side. Luckily the man who was charged has an appeal and a 1A and 2A argument.  You have made it clear how you feel.  Everyone can read it in your posts.  Everything before but is bullshit, you were clever to never include that word in any of your rebuttals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:34:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arson is arson.

More importantly there’s no shortage of good boy Law and Order enjoyer bugmen that also think that the  words “female penis” isn’t a non sequitur, who will convict based on nothing more than the animal magnetism of the prosecution. It’s just like TV! I’m the good boy!

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only if you also have tin snips and a set of files to smooth out the edges.  Well, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually....

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:41:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give you that you are going to need all three tin snips to cut it out.  1 turns right, the other turns left, and one cuts straight.  Apparent the fuck the ATF had none because they could not make one work the first time.  Not even getting into the files..  I apologist for being a dick.  I take gun laws and infringements seriously. We would probably get along with most talks.  You have my sincere apologies if I truly misread your replies..
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'll give you that you are going to need all three tin snips to cut it out.  1 turns right, the other turns left, and one cuts straight.  Apparent the fuck the ATF had none because they could not make one work the first time.  Not even getting into the files..  I apologist for being a dick.  I take gun laws and infringements seriously. We would probably get along with most talks.  You have my sincere apologies if I truly misread your replies..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s three kinds of tin snips?

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There’s three kinds of tin snips?

View Quote

Yes.. Right, left, straights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck anyone that thinks he did something wrong.

People get caught up on not liking his personality and cant have principled thoughts on the matter.
View Quote

I've always said that the world is full of assholes but I swear the longer I hang around this forum the clearer and more obvious it becomes to me why the left is kicking our asses and laughing at us the whole way along. %90 of the members here claim to be well above average financially, socially, whatever, but will shit on his neighbor the first chance he gets. We are our own worst enemy and the left has seen it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top