Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

And Dremels will soon be illegal. As well as punches, hammers, rubber bands, etc.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Does this mean all the gang bangers running around with full auto glock switches will be getting 50 years?

Oh wait they don't care about actual crime. I forgot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

More importantly there’s no shortage of good boy Law and Order enjoyer bugmen that also think that the  words “female penis” isn’t a non sequitur, who will convict based on nothing more than the animal magnetism of the prosecution. It’s just like TV! I’m the good boy!

View Quote

Female penis is a paradox.

"I identify as a woman therefore I am a woman" is a non sequitur.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Please officer, explain to the class what he did illegal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got busted and kept talking shit and ended up with a 45 year sentence.
I don't think my take is as retarded as his was.;)

Please officer, explain to the class what he did illegal.

Plenty of that in GD but that isn't a shock given that it's an open forum. Op proudly displays his thin blue line sticker on his Subaru in the hopes it gets him out of a ticket. I back the blue, brah!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
God dammit OP I had to read 5 pages to learn he hasn't been sentenced yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]
So, all I'd have to do is drop that card into a receiver and it'll be ready to get it on?
Neat.
Oh, and OP, his name is Kristopher Justinboyer Ervin, you smarmy dickcheese.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.. Right, left, straights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's three kinds of tin snips?

Yes.. Right, left, straights.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even if they did it is irrelevant.

Gasoline is an arson precursor.

Arson is not an arson precursor.

Arson is arson.

A machine gun is not a thin piece of sheet metal.

A machine gun is a gun with the sheet metal inside it that functions like a machine gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be your huckleberry: sure, it's a knife precursor, which is mildly interesting.

Changing ANY of the actual facts of the case is silly.  Stick to what he actually did - advertising a FA device for sale, providing the instructions (exactly dimensions etched into it) on a metal card of sufficient quality (?) to function.

Guys, stop the obfuscation.  At least give the guy some respect for doing what he thought was right.  He unabashedly did it, knowing exactly what was what.

The one I saw had no dimensions or instructions. It was just an outline drawing on a credit card shaped piece of metal.

Don't know if that was his or somebody else's.

Even if they did it is irrelevant.

Gasoline is an arson precursor.

Arson is not an arson precursor.

Arson is arson.

A machine gun is not a thin piece of sheet metal.

A machine gun is a gun with the sheet metal inside it that functions like a machine gun.

According to ATF, a Mini-14 and me having shoes with laces is possibly constructive possession of a machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#9]
to many keyboard pussies here that will gladly turn them in as ordered.
look how many ran for the brace anmesty lol, sad thing is the lightning link is a piece of shit anyway. all this over a piece of junk.
the registered ones run like shit. break etc. junk contraption.

Quoted:
The guy did nothing wrong. Interesting how many here are on the side of the ATF.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sad to see a bunch of people here gloating like they're happy about it. With friends like these who needs enemies.
View Quote

You don't see any such thing. You see some adults that see the world for how it is is, not how they wish it was. You can stamp your foot and have a tantrum all you want but that doesn't change anything. We live in a world where the gov will fuck you raw if cross them. This guy intentionally and knowingly fucked with the bull and got the horns. Right, wrong, whether you think it should be this way has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if you have a metal coat have and a ar15 you could be charged.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Those sheepishly saying they dislike the rulling while putting much more time in to denigrating the guy are well in to the "I support the 2A(and in this case 1A), but(add in the lengthy list of infringements they support)" zone
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
"Where is the line? That’s really a question you all will have to face,” Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Cofer Taylor told jurors Thursday afternoon, shortly before eight women and four men began deliberating."

He was doomed from the start

Square piece of metal =/= machine gun. Defense attorney should have handed the metal to an ATF member and ask where the bullets go, and if it can't take bullets how is it a machine gun.

This is just dumb and no one on this website should be OK with this outcome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There’s three kinds of tin snips?

View Quote

Yep. I only have two of them.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#15]
So yes, this is wrong and he got screwed.

But...in his video, he actively says you can use this for full auto then toss it away. I think that's where he crosses the line.  If this was sold as a novelty or art piece, I think he'd have been ok.

Basically he's an idiot who could've probably nod nod wink winked and gotten a slap on the wrist, but actively advertising illegal activity on YouTube was where he went too far.  And being clearly not too bright, he thought he could run his mouth and advertise that the card WAS INTENDED TO BE USED ILLEGALLY AND THEN HIDDEN then fall back on the whole "it's just a picture, bro."

Do I think its bullshit? Yep. Do I also think he brought a lot of trouble on himself with his way of going about it? Also yep.  We have to fight for our rights, but we have to be smart about it.  He's like a kid in the principal's office who's all "I told the teacher to TRUCK off, you can't give me a detention for that!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So yes, this is wrong and he got screwed.

But...in his video, he actively says you can use this for full auto then toss it away. I think that's where he crosses the line.  If this was sold as a novelty or art piece, I think he'd have been ok.

Basically he's an idiot who could've probably nod nod wink winked and gotten a slap on the wrist, but actively advertising illegal activity on YouTube was where he went too far.  And being clearly not too bright, he thought he could run his mouth and advertise that the card WAS INTENDED TO BE USED ILLEGALLY AND THEN HIDDEN then fall back on the whole "it's just a picture, bro."

Do I think its bullshit? Yep. Do I also think he brought a lot of trouble on himself with his way of going about it? Also yep.  We have to fight for our rights, but we have to be smart about it.  He's like a kid in the principal's office who's all "I told the teacher to TRUCK off, you can't give me a detention for that!"
View Quote

Kinda like blacks sitting on the wrong bus seat, plopping down in the main dining room instead of getting their food out back, and drinking out of the fountain instead of the dipper kinda thing?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You guys are right - and everybody else is wrong.  It's just a bottle opener.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/Bottle_Opener_jpg-2792570.JPG

View Quote

That isn’t a machine gun, but even if it was, “NOT GUILTY”, because fuck the ATF and their unconstitutional bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you are right, he's fucked. I would not have personally chosen to take the path that he did. Perhaps I am weaker and my personal convictions are not as strong as his.

But let me remind you,  he's in a cage for promoting a drawing on a credit card. And you posted a thread saying he got 45 years. He has not yet received a 45 year sentence.

Just a drawing?  Don't simultaneously get on the OP about a misleading thread title while you are minimizing the item that was sold.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "drawing" was the exact dimensions of the parts that could be used to make an AR fully automatic, which was drawn on material that was capable of being used as such.

Agree with the item seller if you wish, but let's keep it real.

So this is a knife?

https://content.instructables.com/FO9/1S8P/IXUS8TRS/FO91S8PIXUS8TRS.jpg?auto=webp&fit=bounds&frame=1&height=1024&width=1024auto=webp&frame=1&height=150

Try to peel a potato with it
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We talking the backwards hat wearing guy?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Lot of statists here. This sucks and is bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Those supporting gun control here, you're disgusting.
View Quote
That we should all agree on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
God dammit OP I had to read 5 pages to learn he hasn't been sentenced yet.
View Quote

Damn your reading comprehension sucks. I'll update the op again for the slow readers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So, all I'd have to do is drop that card into a receiver and it'll be ready to get it on?
Neat.
Oh, and OP, his name is Kristopher Justinboyer Ervin, you smarmy dickcheese.
View Quote

Nope. It is Matt Hoover . Enjoy the Frumunda.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, apparently the ATF wasn't capable of doing it

A design is still protected speech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you are right, he's fucked. I would not have personally chosen to take the path that he did. Perhaps I am weaker and my personal convictions are not as strong as his.

But let me remind you,  he's in a cage for promoting a drawing on a credit card. And you posted a thread saying he got 45 years. He has not yet received a 45 year sentence.

Just a drawing?  Don't simultaneously get on the OP about a misleading thread title while you are minimizing the item that was sold.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "drawing" was the exact dimensions of the parts that could be used to make an AR fully automatic, which was drawn on material that was capable of being used as such.

Agree with the item seller if you wish, but let's keep it real.

Well, apparently the ATF wasn't capable of doing it

A design is still protected speech.

lol

A design is protected speech like the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The feds have been infringing since 1934. Maybe longer. The supreme law of the land means nothing to them and hasn't in most of our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope. It is Matt Hoover . Enjoy the Frumunda.
View Quote

Of course if you had only used his name instead of making fun of him there would have been no confusion. I think it's clear you would rather gloat that a man would be incarcerated over fighting for 2a rights than recognizing how the federal government gets its dick hard over nonsense instead of real crime.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Of course if you had only used his name instead of making fun of him there would have been no confusion. I think it's clear you would rather gloat that a man would be incarcerated over fighting for 2a rights than recognizing how the federal government gets its dick hard over nonsense instead of real crime.
View Quote

No one is gloating , but keep believing what ever bull shit flips your fanny pack.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol

A design is protected speech like the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The feds have been infringing since 1934. Maybe longer. The supreme law of the land means nothing to them and hasn't in most of our lifetimes.
View Quote

He wasn't advertising "knowledge" or a "design" or adding any of those very important phrases; "for information only", "for training only", "just a novelty", etc.

He was flat out marketing it as a covert tool that can readily convert a Semi-Auto firearm into Full Auto.

It stops being "freedom of speech" when you have intent and there is evidence showing you are planning to commit a crime???

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#28]
From the Vault: The Incredible Lightning Link
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Drawings and Words are Machine Guns Now | CRS Firearms Found Guilty
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The debacle is that the ATFs argument basically means i can draw a shape on a piece of sheet metal with a Sharpie and then hand said piece of sheet metal to someone and I just manufactured and distributed a "machine gun".

That, sir, is real retarded.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
According to ATF, a Mini-14 and me having shoes with laces is possibly constructive possession of a machine gun.
View Quote

Wasn't that why the 180 series Mini-14 was changed, due to it being somewhat easy to convert to full auto?
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top