Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I seen somewhere on youtube just in the background that someone made some sort of 3D printed finned rubber bullet for these things. It looked reusable.
View Quote
Seen a stl on thingiverse.com awhile back, just havent loaded it up to see what it will do. With little infill dont know that you'd be able to recover it, doubt it would damage it though. Depending on the landing however...
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's the legality of using one of these on a public beach to launch frozen chum tubes with bait and hooks attached?
View Quote
I think they make an actual product that does that. (They being someone) so it probably isn't too illegal?

Maybe consult local LE and get then to write something up saying it's legal if it is.

My gut says don't so it unless you can make it not look like a gun, seems like a good way to get ventilated by  a cop....
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Georgia.
View Quote
Assuming I find another job sometime soon, I'm local and interested.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Bumping because I ordered myself one from F5
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there anything similar to this but more compact and not as threatening looking for an ANTIFA ralley, asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone else in Michigan interested??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go in $120 on one, just need 3 more lol
Anyone else in Michigan interested??
I'm in at $120
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone done anything with mags/magwell to prevent using live ammo?  I've seen blank-only magazines - which would help with a visual check at least.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
What sights are available for the can cannon? I see SkilletsUSMC has a red dot and leaf blade, but what else is there? Which leaf blades are compatible?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone done anything with mags/magwell to prevent using live ammo?  I've seen blank-only magazines - which would help with a visual check at least.
View Quote
Blank only mags won’t accept a full length round.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not being a moron would fix that problem.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really.

Novice shooters might grab the wrong mag by mistake. Being uninitiated to firearms doesn't make you a moron. I took the bolt out of mine when not in use around a large group of shooters for this reason.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed, my point was someone could grab one of the other 87 magazines lying around the shooting area in the same AR-15 pattern and pop it in.  At least a brightly-colored blank-only magazine would be more obvious if someone looked over "Hey Bob, you idiot - use the blanks in that thing!!!!"

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really.

Novice shooters might grab the wrong mag by mistake. Being uninitiated to firearms doesn't make you a moron. I took the bolt out of mine when not in use around a large group of shooters for this reason.
Yeah, this was kinda my thought as well - pretty small chance of a mishap, but blank-only magazine in a bright color would help, and somehow ONLY accepting said blank-only magazine would pretty much solve the problem.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought that the way X products and Im assuming F5 makes these it will not accept a live round due to the pinned and welded chamber.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought that the way X products and Im assuming F5 makes these it will not accept a live round due to the pinned and welded chamber.
View Quote
I've never tried to chamber a live round, but from 2016 "the new modifications include a sort of metal bar that doesn’t allow the chambering of a live round."
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#15]
YES!  I've been wanting a can cannon for a couple years, but too cheap to pay the price.  Just ordered the F5 soda launcher and 200 blanks.  Thanks for the link.

Now, does anyone have a link for a 2.6" diameter dildo?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've never tried to chamber a live round, but from 2016 "the new modifications include a sort of metal bar that doesn’t allow the chambering of a live round."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds good to me - I'll happily try with a dummy round once my F5 arrives.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#17]
What's the best stock for one of these? A2? M4 w/limbsaver pad? Looking to cushion recoil for small statured shooters...
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
YES!  I've been wanting a can cannon for a couple years, but too cheap to pay the price.  Just ordered the F5 soda launcher and 200 blanks.  Thanks for the link.

Now, does anyone have a link for a 2.6" diameter dildo?
View Quote
Some of the foam nerf footballs from the dollar tree may be fun in one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed, my point was someone could grab one of the other 87 magazines lying around the shooting area in the same AR-15 pattern and pop it in.  At least a brightly-colored blank-only magazine would be more obvious if someone looked over "Hey Bob, you idiot - use the blanks in that thing!!!!"

Yeah, this was kinda my thought as well - pretty small chance of a mishap, but blank-only magazine in a bright color would help, and somehow ONLY accepting said blank-only magazine would pretty much solve the problem.
View Quote
I currently use magpul straight 20rd mags for mine, only have 2 of them, and tend to keep one in it.  the entire set up is about to get painted something obnoxious so it stands out
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's the best stock for one of these? A2? M4 w/limbsaver pad? Looking to cushion recoil for small statured shooters...
View Quote
I like my LWRCiUC stock on mine.  that or the Entry A2 from RRA

I just think they look better with a stubby stock.  nothing is going to feel great for small people when shooting cans.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That would be epic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the legality of using one of these on a public beach to launch frozen chum tubes with bait and hooks attached?
That would be epic
There are a number of pneumatic bait launchers both commercially made and home brew that would draw less attention. Sand Blaster Bait Caster is one of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Am I the only person who's wondering what would would happen if you cut the top of a can off and filled it with BB's and a cover wad?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just ordered one from F5...

Does anyone know of a cheap airsoft quadrant red dot sight? Or quadrant adjustable Picatinny rail I can mount my own inexpensive Primary Arms micro to?

Most out there, genuine or knockoff, seem to be the M203 side mount type and not Picatinny. And I'd like to spend less than the launcher for it.

I'm looking to replicate a poor man's Milkor M2A1.
View Quote
http://www.evike.com/
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I currently use magpul straight 20rd mags for mine, only have 2 of them, and tend to keep one in it.  the entire set up is about to get painted something obnoxious so it stands out
View Quote
D&H make blank 30rd mags that are blue and have blank restricted followers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just ordered one from F5...

Does anyone know of a cheap airsoft quadrant red dot sight? Or quadrant adjustable Picatinny rail I can mount my own inexpensive Primary Arms micro to?

Most out there, genuine or knockoff, seem to be the M203 side mount type and not Picatinny. And I'd like to spend less than the launcher for it.

I'm looking to replicate a poor man's Milkor M2A1.
View Quote
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Only airsoft sight I seen for pic rail.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Just got my F5 manufacturing upper delivered!

It does NOT chamber a live round.  Bolt will not close.

I have a 10rd clear lancer magazine that I think I will dedicate for this upper.  It's the only Lancer I have and looks different from the rest.

Unfortunately I do not have any 12oz cans in the house.  Threw it on an extra lower I had lying around.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I'lll probably pick up one of the F5 thingies, even if the X-products version is longer (and probably better because of that). I would just like to support a real pro 2A company coming in to compete.

A few thinks I have found/liked about can cannons for people getting in to one of these now:

-Shoot soda cans with the lid-side-in. They are much less likely to kaboom in the tube. As in it never happens to me anymore.
-The 8oz cans are moar funner to shoot because they go way further. ~130yds vs 100yds with the normal 12oz cans
-Getting a leafsight and an inverted stock may look kind of weird, but it makes shooting it feel normal. Think "ghetto M79."
-The recoil is pretty impressive. More than any rifle or shotgun out there minus the more exotic guns like a .50.
-bring gloves and a few trash cans.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@qwezxc12 , you're giving me some bad ideas. I'm going to have to see if I have a suitably sized piece of tubing lying around now...
View Quote
Tubing was 2.75" OD SS 304 tube (I bought 6' from Colombia River Mandrel Bending for ~$92 shipped - enough for three launchers). It also fits 10.5oz steel soup cans for launching home-brew smoke canisters.

Here is some remote beverage supply action:

In Flight Refueling with a can launcher
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread needs more videos like the one above.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
X-Products can eat a bag of dicks

These guys are the OEM and sell them for far less
https://f5mfg.com/product/demo-custom-product-1/
View Quote
Thanks Hking

Order 1 and a bag of blanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I've only fired blanks out of an M16 and 249.

Are single blanks out of a can cannon as loud as a normal SBR/pistol?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh hell no
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh hell no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no
Yes they are. They are loud as fuck out of a can cannon.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no
Do you mean while not launching a can or something?

No way is mine as loud as an SBR
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no

Yeah, when fired out of the can by themselves. It's actually shockingly loud. I was thinking it would be like a shotgun with no shot.

It wasn't

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have links for the Blue blank mags for sale?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Regarding my above post:

I was standing next to a brick wall/fence when I did it so I think I got some of the sound bouncing back at me. My ears rung for a few days after that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
they have a nice pop.  not quite that loud, but it'll get you going
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve shot this one by F5. Its GTG. As someone else mentioned, it’s fun for a couple cans but I wouldn’t waste my money on such a novelty item.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’ve shot this one by F5. Its GTG. As someone else mentioned, it’s fun for a couple cans but I wouldn’t waste my money on such a novelty item.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Someone brought one to a Carolina HTF shoot. We shot soda can trap. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah, when fired out of the can by themselves. It's actually shockingly loud. I was thinking it would be like a shotgun with no shot.

It wasn't

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no

It wasn't

Ohhh I gotcha, yeah no can in there I bet it's loud af
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
@BadMonk, I ordered a couple of these this morning and got a shipping notice already - hopefully they'll work...

https://btitactical.com/collections/ultimate-training-munitions-1/products/ultimate-training-munitions-blue-safety-magazine
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got a buddy that has a soup can launcher.

It's fun for an afternoon, then it's kind of meh.
View Quote
I think that is the general opinion of stuff like that.....Sort of like BP cannons. Fun to touch off every now and again but after that they sort of sit around.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@BadMonk, I ordered a couple of these this morning and got a shipping notice already - hopefully they'll work...
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1943/6555/products/ultimate-training-munitions-blue-safety-magazine-20_1024x1024@2x.jpg
https://btitactical.com/collections/ultimate-training-munitions-1/products/ultimate-training-munitions-blue-safety-magazine
Thanks.  Ordered 2.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s too bad they don’t build a full M79 replica. I’m sure it would cost a bunch but it would be awesome.

Quoted:
Tubing was 2.75" OD SS 304 tube (I bought 6' from Colombia River Mandrel Bending for ~$92 shipped - enough for three launchers). It also fits 10.5oz steel soup cans for launching home-brew smoke canisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGaBpofkv8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@qwezxc12 , you're giving me some bad ideas. I'm going to have to see if I have a suitably sized piece of tubing lying around now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGaBpofkv8
lol title is in flight......I must have missed the plane.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top