Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Valid points made here too without the online personality.

Screw it...here is the link.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[/div][div]Tech changes.  You aren't scoring points with anyone who isn't biased.[/div]

I understand this. How hard is it to include the slot?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you angry when your NES controller didn't plug into the SNES or N64? Did you throw a fit when your original Xbox arcade stick wouldn't connect to your Xbox 360? I bet you are going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment when you find out your original Playstation race wheel won't work with the PS4...  

Some people just will look for anything to bitch about it seems.

Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...

USB is called USB for a reason isn't it?

Attn: David & Dunkel

Care to answer this man?

Connections have nothing to do with drivers or OS.

Edit: Xbox 360 controllers will not work with the X1, PS3 controllers will not work with the PS4. Don't understand why this is a complex issue considering systems since the beginning of console creation have been doing the same thing.

ps3 controllers won't work on the ps4? Damn.  

I remember Ps1 controller worked on the ps2.

Anyway I think they said the Move controller for the ps3 will still work with the new ps4 eye.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit: Xbox 360 controllers will not work with the X1, PS3 controllers will not work with the PS4. Don't understand why this is a complex issue considering systems since the beginning of console creation have been doing the same thing.

ps3 controllers won't work on the ps4? Damn.    

I remember Ps1 controller worked on the ps2.

Anyway I think they said the Move controller for the ps3 will still work with the new ps4 eye.

Copy paste from an article:

Yoshida statement:

"No, [the PlayStation 4] doesn’t support DualShock 3 but it does support PS Move.”

He was asked  if other accessories such as  Bluetooth-supported PS3 peripherals and Sony wireless headset. He responded:

"I don’t think we’re addressing additional peripheral support at this time.”

Then he he made it clear : "That doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work.”
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the REAL differences then.  Please educate me smarty pants.  $100 difference?  The slightest difference in Specs?  What else?

If you think this has a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention.

You can find the real differences on your own. They have been posted in threads all over ARFCOM.

Here is another big difference.

http://www.neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=588771

1st post nails it.

Bought an accessory for the Xbox 360, it continues to work on the Xbox 360... Fail to see the issue.  

I don't get pissed if I buy a seat cover for a 2010 vehicle that doesn't fit the new 2013 model.

How many phone chargers and cases have you bought that don't work for your new phone?

Exactly.  People are bitching just to bitch now.  It's fucking pathetic.  They're whiney little school girls.  The two systems are not that far apart.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you angry when your NES controller didn't plug into the SNES or N64? Did you throw a fit when your original Xbox arcade stick wouldn't connect to your Xbox 360? I bet you are going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment when you find out your original Playstation race wheel won't work with the PS4...  

Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...

Care to answer this man?

Actually the connections do have something to do with drivers and the OS. The link posted before about the racing wheel not working stated that the Xbox One doesn't support HID through usb. Since HID is written into the USB specification MS would have to refuse to read the HID info. So going forward if a system has USB ports I do expect my USB devices to work. That is the whole point of USB.

Personally, I looked to confirm the information at the link (Xbox One won't support HID) and couldn't find any supporting information. So I don't believe the information to be

correct.

The PS3 controllers are Bluetooth and will work on the PS4 since those controllers are connected by Bluetooth also. I really wish MS would have gone with Bluetooth also.

What does seem to have changed is the wireless protocol that the new Xbox will use and that is what breaks backwards compatibility with old accessories. Since they improved the bandwidth of the spec it's ok with me that older accessories don't work.

PS. I just pre-ordered my Xbox One.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say what you will about him but he does make a few valid points.

I don't have anything newer than a PS2 btw

Yeah. Yet people seem fit to call him a tart in this thread.

Most all of his videos are right on point.

Are your feelings hurt Francis?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Exactly.  People are bitching just to bitch now.  It's fucking pathetic.  They're whiney littler school girls.

I pray Xbox Live is hacked the first day the Xbox 1 is out just so I can hear you boys cry about buying a $499 brick.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:Exactly.  People are bitching just to bitch now.  It's fucking pathetic.  They're whiney littler school girls.

I pray Xbox Live is hacked the first day the Xbox 1 is out just so I can hear you boys cry about buying a $499 brick.

Lol wow you're pathetic.  You should stop playing games altogether.  You're a little to invested in this man.

On another note, I pray people like you get a life as well as a grip on reality.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to answer this man?
USB drivers, my man, usb drivers.  

Eh, I never buy accessories anyways, I'm not too concerned about it.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol wow you're pathetic.  You should stop playing games altogether.  You're a little to invested in this man.

On another note, I pray people like you get a life as well as a grip on reality.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. personal attacks? Over a gaming system?

It was a bad joke.

Do you have either system pre-ordered? I don't!

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why are you getting all emotional about this?  I don't see people praying for the PS4 to not work.  Jesus, dude, it's just a gaming console, buy what you like.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

PS. I just pre-ordered my Xbox One.

Ordered 2 of each... Will see which one I keep and what I sell about 6 months from now. Depending on how crazy people are going for them maybe I will sell them all or only one of each. /shrug

We shall see.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Didn't you hear? I'm a pathetic whiny little school girl!
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are you getting all emotional about this?  I don't see people praying for the PS4 to not work.  Jesus, dude, it's just a gaming console, buy what you like.  

I'm not getting emtional about this. We already got shit talked for having PS3 go down for so long. I can't make a sly joke back at the M$ folks?

**ETA**It's more of something to past the time till 5:00.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not getting emtional about this. We already got shit talked for having PS3 go down for so long. I can't make a sly joke back at the M$ folks?

Back pedal.  Back pedal.  Back pedal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

F5 F5 F5 F5

Read your post and then read my post.

Is it that hard to see? you post about people being pathetic whiny little school girls and then I make a post a pathetic whiny little school girl would post in direct reply to the post.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

F5 F5 F5 F5

Read your post and then read my post.

Is it that hard to see? you post about people being pathetic whiny little school girls and then I make a post a pathetic whiny little school girl would post in direct reply to the post.

Right, and last night I won a billion dollars.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, my bad then.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Right, and last night I won a billion dollars.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

[/div][div]Tech changes.  You aren't scoring points with anyone who isn't biased.[/div]

Last gen MSFT sold around 75 million units.

[div]

[/div]
[div]Lets say adding the old slot costs 50 cents in average over the cycle.  That means, that over the console cycle they will lose $47,500,000.00  Consoles are a loss leader for the first few years (despite you guys misquoting Kato ).  [/div]
[div]

[/div]
[div]While it's not hard, it's virtually pointless.[/div]
[div]

[/div]
[div]Lets say they sell a CRAZY 1,000,000 less units the first year due to all the sore asses who want to use old hardware.  [/div]
[div]

[/div]
[div]That means they just SAVED $500,000.00 out of the gate.  If they sell new hardware to replace the old among even a third of the people they retain, they are already making money off the old hardware.  [/div]
[div]

[/div]
[div]What you want =/= good business sometimes.  That's the the customer is almost never right.  He's just very vocal about being wrong. [/div]
[div]

[/div]

[div]

[/div]
[div]EDIT:  Chrome seems to hate my formatting.  Sorry.  [/div]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will prob buy xbox.

I hate sony's controllers.
I take cash to store and buy games new.
I dont trade games in or whatever.
I have xbox next to my router now so its already always hooked up.
I havent played a game while offline since original Halo.
Im not sure I care so much about kinect always being on or not.
So their new changes really dont make a difference to me personally.

The "main" reason I will prob buy xbox is that all the folks I enjoying playing with online will also buy the xbox. So Im not a MS fanboy as much as like gaming with the group of folks I know. IF they all switched or half of them switched to Sony I might go that route. The 100 price difference really doesnt concern me very much.

I just dont care enough about MS to like or hate them. I feel the same way about Sony. Truth is they will both have the games I enjoy playing the most. My decision will prob be made for me from the groups of folks I game with...its that simple for me.

FYI, Sony and Xbox have the exact same used game policy now.  I know it means nothing to you but there isn't a difference.  Sony is being called out on it now.

Research more.

Sony prohibits online passes on the new system.

You can sell any disk based game to anyone you want on the ps4.

It is an option @ launch on ps4.

You don't have to trade in your games at participating retailers.

You can rent games.

The sony system is the polar opposite of microsofts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I will say that I do have a day 1 edition xbox preordered on amazon.

November is a long ways off. Hopefully MS can wow me with something. The game sharing sounds neat, but I need a full description.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I would love to know if my PS4 is a launch edition. I ordered on Monday but it doesnt say standard or launch edition.  My Xbox One preorders says "Day One Edition"  
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would love to know if my PS4 is a launch edition. I ordered on Monday but it doesnt say standard or launch edition.  My Xbox One preorders says "Day One Edition"  

Go to the PS4 amazon page.

Click launch edition.

It'll say "your order blah blah" on the top if you got the launch edition.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to the PS4 amazon page.

Click launch edition.

It'll say "your order blah blah" on the top if you got the launch edition.

Oh nice thanks,  on the launch edition one it says something about order updates for my order meaning I got one
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Read some articles on the pre-orders (everywhere) and they're saying that both PS4 and xb1 pre-orders will likely runout at most stores/websites by next week.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Last gen MSFT sold around 75 million units.   [div]
[/div][div]Lets say adding the old slot costs 50 cents in average over the cycle.  That means, that over the console cycle they will lose $47,500,000.00  Consoles are a loss leader for the first few years (despite you guys misquoting Kato ).  [/div][div]
[/div][div]While it's not hard, it's virtually pointless.[/div][div]
[/div][div]Lets say they sell a CRAZY 1,000,000 less units the first year due to all the sore asses who want to use old hardware.  [/div][div]
[/div][div]That means they just SAVED $500,000.00 out of the gate.  If they sell new hardware to replace the old among even a third of the people they retain, they are already making money off the old hardware.  [/div][div]
[/div][div]What you want =/= good business sometimes.  That's the the customer is almost never right.  He's just very vocal about being wrong. [/div][div]
[/div]   [div]
[/div][div]EDIT:  Chrome seems to hate my formatting.  Sorry.  [/div]

See this shit ^^^ ?

This is why the WYSIWYG editor sucks.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top