Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been an Xbox guy ever since I phased out my N64, but there's too much nope in the Xbone.

I don't have the funds to build a PC, and I'm not sure that I can live with the PS controller. I've always hated it.

Fuck this sucks.

The new ps4 controller looks a lot better.

It's bigger and has actual triggers.

I'm hoping to hate it less.

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been an Xbox guy ever since I phased out my N64, but there's too much nope in the Xbone.

I don't have the funds to build a PC, and I'm not sure that I can live with the PS controller. I've always hated it.

Fuck this sucks.

The new ps4 controller looks a lot better.

It's bigger and has actual triggers.

I'm hoping to hate it less.

I only hope so.

I just set up a PSN account. It feels so dirty.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm wondering if Amazon leaked the PS4 release date.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Ghosts-PlayStation-4/dp/B00D4WTO1M/ref=zg_bs_videogames_39

It shows the release date for the PS4 version. (Nov 5)

It does not show the release date for the XBone version.

Could be a mistake... Could be legit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Ghosts-PlayStation-4/dp/B00D4WTO1M/ref=zg_bs_videogames_39

Nov 5 is the release date on ps3/360/pc versions, so probably a mess up, if not midnight launches will be pretty insane between people going for the ps4 and cod.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure IF the xbox one is reporting back more information during it's 24 hour check in than game data, we'll know about it quick fast and in a hurry.

Not that hard to run a packet sniffer and see what is going back.  If not the actual content, then the size of the data.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I won't be getting an Xbone, but may get the PS/4.  As a PC gamer, consoles are generally "meh" anyway...

ETA:

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

$499

November.

Eta: Source - E3 announcement.

Let's add a poll.

Are you going to buy the xbox one?

Not even going to bother. I can build a basic gaming PC for about that much with much more functionality.

There used to be a time where platform exclusive games made it worth while. Now days they either suck outright or get ported over to the other systems.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
$499

November.

Eta: Source - E3 announcement.

Let's add a poll.

Are you going to buy the xbox one?

Not even going to bother. I can build a basic gaming PC for about that much with much more functionality.

There used to be a time where platform exclusive games made it worth while. Now days they either suck outright or get ported over to the other systems.

Can you?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll probably build a PC.... or start exercising again. But either way, not buying the XBOX or PS4.

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
After reading more about Microshaft Spygate 1, I will be buying the PS4

Simple solution for you guys.

Take a strip of the tinfoil on your head and apply it to the camera lens.  

Should work like a charm.

Its more then that.  

Nice article, very sensational.

"The kinect is spying on us all! It's ALWAYS listening, and ALWAYS watching. They're spying on us for the MPAA! Pretty please don't buy an Xbox! I'm begging you! Get a PS4! P.S. I'm not a fanboy."  

Given recent events... I wouldn't blame people for avoiding something with a built in camera/recorder.  

you mean like a smart phone
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd venture 99% mistake. I think the largest threat to PS4 right now is ensuring it gets produced prior to thanksgiving. They're not the best company with meeting dates.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got about $1,500 into various PC components connected to my TV right now. All my TV viewing is done through my HTPC and has been for years.

I'll be buying the new Xbox because it looks like it will be around for next 10 years or so and because of how it will integrate with my current setup. I'm sure the game rentals issue will be worked out quickly.

Also, because it's even closer to being a PC then any console before I'm sure hacks will pop turning off features that people don't want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm glad I preordered an Xbox just because of this tart.  People like this make Microsoft look like winners and like they made the right decision.  Businesses owe nothing to people.  It's their decision to try new shit.  If they fail, they fail.  They made some retarded calls and some good calls.  I'm hanging on to my preorder in hope that they change the 24 hour check in.  If they don't I'll get a PS4.  But, this fat fuck needs to go on a diet.  All of that raging can't be good for his blood pressure.  Dude is gonna have a heart attack while making one of these videos.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm glad I preordered an Xbox just because of this tart.  People like this make Microsoft look like winners and like they made the right decision.

Your name + the idea that you game or even think an Xbone is okay =
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad I preordered an Xbox just because of this tart.  People like this make Microsoft look like winners and like they made the right decision.

Your name + the idea that you game or even think an Xbone is okay =

You might want to be a little more inquisitive.  I like minimalist design.  I design things.  Hence the name.  You know what they say about people who assume?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#18]
So true...

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You might want to be a little more inquisitive.  I like minimalist design.  I design things.  Hence the name.  You know what they say about people who assume?

Yeah... and I know what they say about people who buy Xbones.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're smart?  The only difference between the xbox and ps4 is the constant connection.  If they don't change that I'll get a ps4.  Do those smilies make you feel better about your non existent/shitty argument?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Do not want

FPNI.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're smart?  The only difference between the xbox and ps4 is the constant connection.  If they don't change that I'll get a ps4.  Do those smilies make you feel better about your non existent/shitty argument?

If you think that's the only difference then you have seriously remained in the dark.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Actually, I think the 13 year old COD players on 360 are going to stick with xbox regardless of what news comes out. To them, its just the new xbox and they MUST have it

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think that's the only difference then you have seriously remained in the dark.

What are the REAL differences then.  Please educate me smarty pants.  $100 difference?  The slightest difference in Specs?  What else?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I will prob buy xbox.

I hate sony's controllers.
I take cash to store and buy games new.
I dont trade games in or whatever.
I have xbox next to my router now so its already always hooked up.
I havent played a game while offline since original Halo.
Im not sure I care so much about kinect always being on or not.
So their new changes really dont make a difference to me personally.

The "main" reason I will prob buy xbox is that all the folks I enjoying playing with online will also buy the xbox. So Im not a MS fanboy as much as like gaming with the group of folks I know. IF they all switched or half of them switched to Sony I might go that route. The 100 price difference really doesnt concern me very much.

I just dont care enough about MS to like or hate them. I feel the same way about Sony. Truth is they will both have the games I enjoy playing the most. My decision will prob be made for me from the groups of folks I game with...its that simple for me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will prob buy xbox.

The "main" reason I will prob buy xbox is that all the folks I enjoying playing with online will also buy the xbox. So Im not a MS fanboy as much as like gaming with the group of folks I know. IF they all switched or half of them switched to Sony I might go that route. The 100 price difference really doesnt concern me very much.

I just dont care enough about MS to like or hate them. I feel the same way about Sony. Truth is they will both have the games I enjoy playing the most. My decision will prob be made for me from the groups of folks I game with...its that simple for me.

FYI, Sony and Xbox have the exact same used game policy now.  I know it means nothing to you but there isn't a difference.  Sony is being called out on it now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What are the REAL differences then.  Please educate me smarty pants.  $100 difference?  The slightest difference in Specs?  What else?

If you think this has a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention.

You can find the real differences on your own. They have been posted in threads all over ARFCOM.

Here is another big difference.

http://www.neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=588771

1st post nails it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can find the real differences on your own. They have been posted in threads all over ARFCOM.

1st post nails it.

Bought an accessory for the Xbox 360, it continues to work on the Xbox 360... Fail to see the issue.

I don't get pissed if I buy a seat cover for a 2010 vehicle that doesn't fit the new 2013 model.

How many phone chargers and cases have you bought that don't work for your new phone?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1st post nails it.

He bought an accessory 8 years into a consoles 10 year life cycle and is surprised it won't work with the new console?  I'm shocked.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1st post nails it.

Bought an accessory for the Xbox 360, it continues to work on the Xbox 360... Fail to see the issue.  

I don't get pissed if I buy a seat cover for a 2010 vehicle that doesn't fit the new 2013 model.

How many phone chargers and cases have you bought that don't work for your new phone?

Obviously the Xbone is meant for people like yourself.

If you can't see the issue then you've obviously been staring into the M$ light for far too long.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1st post nails it.

Obviously the Xbone is meant for people like yourself.

If you can't see the issue then you've obviously been staring into the M$ light for far too long.

Were you angry when your NES controller didn't plug into the SNES or N64? Did you throw a fit when your original Xbox arcade stick wouldn't connect to your Xbox 360? I bet you are going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment when you find out your original Playstation race wheel won't work with the PS4...

Some people just will look for anything to bitch about it seems.

Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Were you angry when your NES controller didn't plug into the SNES or N64? Did you throw a fit when your original Xbox arcade stick wouldn't connect to your Xbox 360? I bet you are going to be in for one hell of a dissapointment when you find out your original Playstation race wheel won't work with the PS4...  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm glad I preordered an Xbox just because of this tart.  People like this make Microsoft look like winners and like they made the right decision.  Businesses owe nothing to people.  It's their decision to try new shit.  If they fail, they fail.  They made some retarded calls and some good calls.  I'm hanging on to my preorder in hope that they change the 24 hour check in.  If they don't I'll get a PS4.  But, this fat fuck needs to go on a diet.  All of that raging can't be good for his blood pressure.  Dude is gonna have a heart attack while making one of these videos.

You know "francis" is this youtuber's video personality right?  Sure, he's fat.  But the points in his "francis" rants are valid points.  Gamers can show their displeasure with MS by not buying the XBone.  The only way for MS to change is for them to see their bottom line take a hit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I will prob buy xbox.

I hate consoles.  I pre-ordered a PS4.

I hate console controllers.  Give me a keyboard and mouse.

I buy games on steam.  This going to a store thing is going to be a bit refreshing.

I don't trade games or sell them. Why in the world would I get rid of a game?

My PC is always hooked up... Except when we lose power for 2-3 days to a week... which happens during hurricanes and just regular storms... you know what happens?  My computer doesn't cease functioning and require some sort of re-authentication when the power comes back.  And neither does the PS4.  The Xbox?  Bricks itself.

Most games I play are single player offline games.  I don't like multiplayer FPS's and especially not on a console with those horrid controls.

The kinect... They want you to be able to turn the Xbox on with your voice.  As such it needs to be minimally "on" and "listening" for the "turn on" command.  Listening does not necessarily mean recording.  They're going to have to do some reassuring that they won't be recording or transmitting anything without your express permission...  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...[/div]  

That is an issue for a very small amount of gamers. You don't see many people raising hell about that.

I myself never understand why someone cared to play a PS2 game on a PS3. Hell my 360 could play OG Xbox games. How many OG Xbox games did I play on it? ZERO

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The kinect... They want you to be able to turn the Xbox on with your voice.  As such it needs to be minimally "on" and "listening" for the "turn on" command.  Listening does not necessarily mean recording.  They're going to have to do some reassuring that they won't be recording or transmitting anything without your express permission...  

I believe there are a couple articles that cover the settings you can adjust for the kinect as well as covers that you can completely disable it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will prob buy xbox.

I buy games on steam.  This going to a store thing is going to be a bit refreshing.

My PC is always hooked up... Except when we lose power for 2-3 days to a week... which happens during hurricanes and just regular storms... you know what happens?  My computer doesn't cease functioning and require some sort of re-authentication when the power comes back.  And neither does the PS4.  The Xbox?  Bricks itself.

Most games I play are single player offline games.  I don't like multiplayer FPS's and especially not on a console with those horrid controls.

The kinect... They want you to be able to turn the Xbox on with your voice.  As such it needs to be minimally "on" and "listening" for the "turn on" command.  Listening does not necessarily mean recording. They're going to have to do some reassuring that they won't be recording or transmitting anything without your express permission...  

This feature can be turned off.

They have reassured people of this.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...

USB is called USB for a reason isn't it?

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm buying one, to sell for $1000 on ebay

Last time people were paying over $1000+ on ebay because of the short supply of the 360

I did this when the Xbox 360 came out. Started the bidding at a penny, and people went apeshit. Ended up selling two of them-one went for $900+ and the other just over a grand. Crazy...but they paid

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit: And OMG neither of the systems have backwards compatibility for their games either! I remember back in the day when I was able to plug me Genesis games into the Sega Saturn... Oh wait...[/div]  

That is an issue for a very small amount of gamers. You don't see many people raising hell about that.

I myself never understand why someone cared to play a PS2 game on a PS3. Hell my 360 could play OG Xbox games. How many OG Xbox games did I play on it? ZERO

I LOVED it.  But the ps3 had a terrible launch line up (So did the 360.  It was a 300 dollar geometry wars machine for 6 months).

The lineup for both consoles this gen is much better.  

Digital distribution will actually give backwards compatibility most likely.  Just not for physical media.  That was a foregone conclusion when the Xbox changed hardware specs.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Last of Us just came out.  A few months before PS4 comes out.  It's PS3 only.  I don't own a PS3.  I won't be buying one.  I will be cancelling my PS4 preorder if they tell me that there will be no possibility of ever playing this game on the PS4.  I have seen some indications that they will be porting it to PS4.  I need an official yes or no though and have not found it.

All the other games I'm interested in are also coming out for PC.  My PC is a $3000 gaming machine that beats the pants of any console out or will be out for 10 years.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Last of Us just came out.  A few months before PS4 comes out.  It's PS3 only.  I don't own a PS3.  I won't be buying one.  I will be cancelling my PS4 preorder if they tell me that there will be no possibility of ever playing this game on the PS4.  I have seen some indications that they will be porting it to PS4.  I need an official yes or no though and have not found it.

All the other games I'm interested in are also coming out for PC.  My PC is a $3000 gaming machine that beats the pants of any console out or will be out for 10 years.  

Does not look good. Looks like they have confirmed they will use the engine from the game to make future games for the PS4 but they never intended or went into making the game with any intention of making it for the PS4.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will prob buy xbox.

The kinect... They want you to be able to turn the Xbox on with your voice.  As such it needs to be minimally "on" and "listening" for the "turn on" command.  Listening does not necessarily mean recording. They're going to have to do some reassuring that they won't be recording or transmitting anything without your express permission...  

This feature can be turned off.

They have reassured people of this.

that's good and expected.

I don't mean they need to reassure me.  I mean they need to do it more to the general public.  Most people don't understand these things and their PR has been lacking.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh I know. Seek my thread about this game in the Gaming Section.

UPS says its on the truck heading for my house. I HOPE they fuck up and deliver it today.

A+ on that $3000 machine. I want to build one.....  One of these days I'll quit blowing my money on stupid shit and save up enough for one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Attn: David & Dunkel

Care to answer this man?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Say what you will about him but he does make a few valid points.

I don't have anything newer than a PS2 btw
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does not look good. Looks like they have confirmed they will use the engine from the game to make future games for the PS4 but they never intended or went into making the game with any intention of making it for the PS4.  

As a programer... I don't see any reason why they couldn't.  x86 supports 32bit programs.  the control scheme hasn't changed between the systems.  The most official word I can find is that they probably will port it to PS4.  The amount of effort required to do it is minimal and they can sell many more games... seems like a no brainer to me.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Say what you will about him but he does make a few valid points.

I don't have anything newer than a PS2 btw

Yeah. Yet people seem fit to call him a tart in this thread.

Most all of his videos are right on point.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to answer this man?

Connections have nothing to do with drivers or OS.

Edit: Xbox 360 controllers will not work with the X1, PS3 controllers will not work with the PS4. Don't understand why this is a complex issue considering systems since the beginning of console creation have been doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to answer this man?

http://h30565.www3.hp.com/t5/Feature-Articles/Everything-You-Wanted-to-Know-About-USB-3-0-But-Were-Afraid-to/ba-p/520

Because sometimes technology changes.  USB is called USB because it sounded like an awesome name at the time.  It doesn't mean you will be plugging your Universal 3.0 into a 2.0 socket.

Tech changes.  You aren't scoring points with anyone who isn't biased.

EDIT:

SNE drastically changed their architecture.  There is no way they could be expected to be backwards compatible right now.  Emulating the cell would be a pain.

MSFT cannot with physical media but wont have an issue on digital.  

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top