Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They are far from anonymous.
I did one and circled in Pacific Islander as race. I figured out that was safe as we didn't have that nationality in my division.
I was told to my face that I couldn't identify as one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
on the comments just say the company needs to do more to give back, and start engaging in United Way events
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

2020 check
username Check

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This shit makes me glad I’m a plumber at a mom n pop shop. If I’m mad at “corporate” I throw a wrench at him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I work in IT, trust me theyre not anonymous at all & everything done on a company PC can be found.  

That said I wont put anything in writing I wouldnt say to their face if asked the same question.  Asked for my opinion - Ill give it.  Asked for suggestions - Ill give them if I have any.  Not asked or opinion or suggestions them I keep them to myself

I may be blunt but Im honest with everyone.  If you dont want the answer then dont ask me the question.  Not gonna tippy toe just cuz your feels might get hurt.  Political correctness isnt in my jobd

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another layer of non-anonymity are the ‘add your comments’ sections. You can expose yourself fairly easy with what you type out...
View Quote

Can confirm.

I was feeling a little full of myself when doing a quarterly- QUARTERLY!- Employee Survey for a former employer. They were printed, and ran four pages, both sides. The place was complete ratfuck and I had one foot out the door anyway, then they started the EES program. I wrote only one comment: "Qwerty Corp will always do the right thing for the customer, but only after trying every other conceivable option first." I had a meeting with the Ops manager a couple of weeks later, and he fed that line back to me. I acted like I'd never heard it before and laughed.

Next quarter, we were admonished NOT to do the survey in the company of other employees, so the worst of us malcontents got together and made sure we all gave exactly the same answers. We noticed a barcode on the surveys, and compared them. They were all individual. I simply quit completing them after that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's your survey with your name on it and a special ID number to use. However, it's 100% confidential. BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

And Sleepy Joe will be handing out free machine guns to everyone who wants one after the election.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I just don’t respond.
Known for years they’re about as anonymous as a neon sign.
They never change anything anyway. Waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got confronted today about why I haven't taken ours-optional but they hound you until the deadline. I told her I'll take the survey when it's not tied to my password. Sure, nobody local can see who gave what answers, but somebody somewhere up the chain can. That, and don't tell me it's anonymous while requiring my login and password. It's insulting.

She called me a conspiracy theorist.
View Quote

Tell her "Q predicted this."
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I had to answer a diversity survey, it got answered honestly. ??
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got confronted today about why I haven't taken ours-optional but they hound you until the deadline. I told her I'll take the survey when it's not tied to my password. Sure, nobody local can see who gave what answers, but somebody somewhere up the chain can. That, and don't tell me it's anonymous while requiring my login and password. It's insulting.

She really got pissed off when she wanted me to pose for a picture to be posted on the company's facebook page. I told her my fee for advertising is a dollar per site view. My wife doesn't put pictures of me on facebook, I'm damn sure not having my employer do it. That's more because I hate facebook though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Next quarter, we were admonished NOT to do the survey in the company of other employees, so the worst of us malcontents got together and made sure we all gave exactly the same answers. We noticed a barcode on the surveys, and compared them. They were all individual. I simply quit completing them after that.
View Quote
just make sure to have everyone toss the survey into a pile on the table, take a photo of the pile, then have each person randomly take a survery back to their desk to complete.  you didn't DO the survey in the company of other employees.  be sure to let HR know anonymously (and print/send the photo) that the person filling out the form isn't the person it was assigned to,
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I work for a large hospital system.
for over 20 years I have watched anonymous departmental and hospital surveys be turned in by employee's...

I have watched dozens of employee's be called into management offices for issues they wrote on their surveys and get their asses burnt.
View Quote

Sounds familiar... I know we have some in your neck of the woods. I didn’t even complete one this year. I don’t have anything negative to say.... just I know it’s not anonymous. Don’t want any drama in my life.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Depends on the type of company you work for.   My wifes company is very interested in getting true info so managers can be coached and policies can be updated.  Happy employees do a better job.  

My job is different.  It is small and people won't stop giving their opinions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't kiss ass at work.  I don't mean I'm morally superior to others.  I actually envy those who can kiss ass.

However, after a few iterations of surveys--aerospace engineers being surveyed--the data suggested the whole ridiculous process would continue until the result reflected the minimum amount of sunshine.  I asked if that was the case and I got no answer.  Everyone looked around the room at each other and slowly, the dimmer switches of all's lightbulbs went full bright.  Out of thousands, ours was the first Group whose participation was no longer required.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#17]
We had one at one of my jobs they would mail out.

Each survey had a bar code on it... and you'd think that it would match every other employees bar code? (It was a company hired to do it)  just to track the company's responses?

Nope... each person had their own individual bar code.  I tore that off and sent it back in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I gave my two weeks notice on one.

Turns out they are not anonymous.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I like open ended questions about my feelings, I can answer with things like "....I feel myself."
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah ours required your network ID.

Lol.

I filled it in accurately anyway.  Can't make things better if you don't know where the problems lie.
View Quote
Annnnd........................He's gone!
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a call to HR is in order.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
HAHAHA....my city has the same BS.  Even every employee has their own personal link sent to their email to take the "anonymous" survey.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top