User Panel

Page / 152
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am extremely embarrassed by my intoxicated rant, airing out personal information on a public forum is never a good idea.  I'm not much of drinker these days and broke into several bottles of wine and...and some very good scotch.

As a favor, I would greatly appreciate it if those of you who quoted that post would delete it.  My ramblings in that particular post add absolutely nothing to the conversation of this thread.  I will try to do better at adding some value in the future.  

Thank you.    
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While that is true, nobody is even considering that.

EPA, OASHA, FDA, and other rules and regulations would have to be scaled back along with labor laws including union rules.

Then wages would need to compete with child labor rates in china.

Not going to happen.

Oh, something like ^^^^ is going to happen allright.

Once we're under totalitarian rule.

Why can't folks project the outcomes from the symptoms they are [finally] beginning to figger out???

I will be dead before that happens.

Post deleted--because it was a stupid personal rant.   Sorry to waste everyone's time.    

I dd nt understand any of this

That's because it was puked out of a drunk mind.  I'm sorry I wasted your time.  I am extremely embarrassed by this.  Please delete the quote.  I would like it to go...away.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am extremely embarrassed by my intoxicated rant, airing out personal information on a public forum is never a good idea.  I'm not much of drinker these days and broke into several bottles of wine and...and some very good scotch.

As a favor, I would greatly appreciate it if those of you who quoted that post would delete it.  My ramblings in that particular post add absolutely nothing to the conversation of this thread.  I will try to do better at adding some value in the future.  

Thank you.    

No need to be embarrassed, we all need to vent once in a while and it sounds like you have some good reasons for venting.

I would like to hear your thoughts (that you alluded to) for plans to make the best out of what is likely to be a poor financial future for America.
If you don't want to post your thoughts I would still like to discuss it by IM.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you.    

The truth has a certain smell to it. IMO, your post seemed heartfelt, exasperated, and lends creedence to your commentary on this craziness we're living through. I actually thought it was one of the best things posted here in a while.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.    

The truth has a certain smell to it. IMO, your post seemed heartfelt, exasperated, and lends credence to your commentary on this craziness we're living through. I actually thought it was one of the best things posted here in a while.

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

PUI is never a good thing.

Which post would you liked edited, the "it's happening" one?

Yes, I would appreciate it.  Thank YOU!

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Heres to Qweevox.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/alphabavo/20130224_202754_zps82db23bf.jpg

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I miss Nimbus so.  I get funny looks for the Nimbus monkey / Che Guevara shirt all the time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So for all you chart quoters out there, do you really think there's science to the predictions - or just that everyone with a bloomberg terminal (and their own custom algorithms) are all trying to play the same "fundamentals?"   Did these fundamentals predict the Hunt Brothers' silver market manipulations, or the now-daily HFT puking of various big-money stocks?   Seems like it would be tough to follow "fundamentals" in a market that's heavily manipulated by fundamentally unsound principles?      Don't get me wrong:  I'm impressed if you can make money on the market these days...  but it seems like you are pretty much stuck following the FED and trying to time the bubble(s).

http://blog.cooltools.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Silver-Chart-Edited.jpg

Anyway...  

By default, QE artificially stimulates the markets.  Is Fisher stating an "intentional" or "unintentional" ?

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

So for all you chart quoters out there, do you really think there's science to the predictions - or just that everyone with a bloomberg terminal (and their own custom algorithms) are all trying to play the same "fundamentals?"   Did these fundamentals predict the Hunt Brothers' silver market manipulations, or the now-daily HFT puking of various big-money stocks?   Seems like it would be tough to follow "fundamentals" in a market that's heavily manipulated by fundamentally unsound principles?      Don't get me wrong:  I'm impressed if you can make money on the market these days...  but it seems like you are pretty much stuck following the FED and trying to time the bubble(s).

Anyway...  

By default, QE artificially stimulates the markets.  Is Fisher stating an "intentional" or "unintentional" ?

It is intentional.

First, we need to understand what quantitative easing (QE) is.  It is an "unconventional tool" used in monetary policy, when conventional tools are no longer effective.  In the 100 year history of the Federal Reserve it has never been used before, and for very good reason.   It has never worked by any society that has ever employed it.  So what is it.  It sounds like a fancy term, "quantitative easing", but it's really not very hard to understand.  I prefer to use its somewhat more controversial name, currency debasement.  The Fed "creates" money and spends that money buying assets.  Debt is not issued to back this new money, its literally just "new money".  

In our particular case, the Federal Reserve is buying certain debt instruments, bonds, on the open market.  It is "creating money" and buying the bonds from the current bond holders and in some cases issuers, and its doing it in fairly sizable chunks each and every month.  The investors who sell the bonds get paid in cash.   But what is this doing?

Think "supply and demand".  What happens when "demand" goes up for a particular asset?   Typically the price rises.  So right now bond prices are artificially high. I say "artificially high" because they are being purchased with "created money".  This has the affect of lowering bond yields.  So, bond yields (interest rates) are artificial low, for the same reason.  If you took the Fed's action out of the equation, there would be fewer dollars chasing bonds, and supply and demand would attempt to achieve price equilibrium.  So the prices of bonds would decline and the yield required to entice new buyers to buy them would have to rise.  

But the economic distortions don't end there. If mortgage backed bond yields start to rise, what do you think happens with corporate bond prices, U.S. Treasury bills, notes and bonds, Senior loans,  debentures, subordinated loan debentures, and the entire debt market?  Rates begin to rise to compete.   But then it gets more interesting.  

What happens to small business bank loans, car loans, equipment loans, lease payments....and eventually equities?  Yes, equities.    

As I wrote in my "drunken" post I started out life as a "true believer" of John Maynard Keynes's work.   I believed that "smart people" could control and manage chaos, and that sound economic planning was the solution to a better society.   I was wrong.  

Do they know what they are doing?  Yes, but more importantly, it is their intention.  

Sorry to ramble.  I hope this makes some sense.  

(at least better sense then I made last night )

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway...  

It is intentional.

First, we need to understand what quantitative easing (QE) is.  It is an "unconventional tool" used in monetary policy, when conventional tools are no longer effective.  In the 100 year history of the Federal Reserve it has never been used before, and for very good reason.   It has never worked by any society that has ever employed it.  So what is it.  It sounds like a fancy term, "quantitative easing", but it's really not very hard to understand.  I prefer to use its somewhat more controversial name, currency debasement.  The Fed "creates" money and spends that money buying assets.  Debt is not issued to back this new money, its literally just "new money".  

In our particular case, the Federal Reserve is buying certain debt instruments, bonds, on the open market.  It is "creating money" and buying the bonds from the current bond holders and in some cases issuers, and its doing it in fairly sizable chunks each and every month.  The investors who sell the bonds get paid in cash.   But what is this doing?

Think "supply and demand".  What happens when "demand" goes up for a particular asset?   Typically the price rises.  So right now bond prices are artificially high. I say "artificially high" because they are being purchased with "created money".  This has the affect of lowering bond yields.  So, bond yields (interest rates) are artificial low, for the same reason.  If you took the Fed's action out of the equation, there would be fewer dollars chasing bonds, and supply and demand would attempt to achieve price equilibrium.  So the prices of bonds would decline and the yield required to entice new buyers to buy them would have to rise.  

But the economic distortions don't end there. If mortgage backed bond yields start to rise, what do you think happens with corporate bond prices, U.S. Treasury bills, notes and bonds, Senior loans,  debentures, subordinated loan debentures, and the entire debt market?  Rates begin to rise to compete.   But then it gets more interesting.  

What happens to small business bank loans, car loans, equipment loans, lease payments....and eventually equities?  Yes, equities.    

As I wrote in my "drunken" post I started out life as a "true believer" of John Maynard Keynes's work.   I believed that "smart people" could control and manage chaos, and that sound economic planning was the solution to a better society.   I was wrong.  

Do they know what they are doing?  Yes, but more importantly, it is their intention.  

Sorry to ramble.  I hope this makes some sense.  

(at least better sense then I made last night )

What's meant when people say 'they are giving US time to Prepare'?

In the end, whether holding debt or not won't seem to matter.

A Deflationary Cycle will leave everyone, technically bankrupt, with worthless assets, hence Bankrupting OUR entire Banking system.

Why would WE or How can anyone prepare to gamble?

WE can only hope to not lose our 'bets', right?

The FED & Treasury are not allowing the losses to occur in order to keep the 'Fraudulent' Bets from being Paid out, i.e. Credit Default Swaps.

Watch out, after the Free-Market realizes their 'Guarantees' were bogus.

The 'safest' bet will be OUR Dollar, driving up interest rates, and then how will OUR Oligarchy pay their new high interest loans?

The FED will be printing just to make interest payments, and that's what no one could ever prepare for.

Keynes entire theory was based on 'Hope'...failing to realize as 'Hope' diminishes, people pull-back & banks consolidate to 'One', leaving them Sooo Big they have no options but to Fail/Default; since Central Bankers are left with Zero Credibility.

I'm at the point where it just doesn't matter.

WE are still breathing and anyone productive today, will/can be more productive tomorrow.

F'it...Life is Good!

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
PUI is never a good thing.

Which post would you liked edited, the "it's happening" one?

Yes, I would appreciate it.  Thank YOU!  

Done.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
While that is true, nobody is even considering that.

EPA, OASHA, FDA, and other rules and regulations would have to be scaled back along with labor laws including union rules.

Then wages would need to compete with child labor rates in china.

Not going to happen.

Oh, something like ^^^^ is going to happen allright.

Once we're under totalitarian rule.

Why can't folks project the outcomes from the symptoms they are [finally] beginning to figger out???

I will be dead before that happens.

Post deleted--because it was a stupid personal rant.   Sorry to waste everyone's time.    

I dd nt understand any of this

That's because it was puked out of a drunk mind.  I'm sorry I wasted your time.  I am extremely embarrassed by this.  Please delete the quote.  I would like it to go...away.  

No.

At least your drinking posts have real info in them, mine just uses four letter words in quick succession.....

I wish it was possible to know everyone's background when reading their posts. It is hard to tell sometimes between uneducated opinion, and educated analysis.

I now understand you work in the financial business and have credibility. To me, that drunken post was worth it's weight in gold, even though I did not quite understand everything you said, I understood that you understand.

It is one thing for me to say we are fucked , it is quite another for someone with your financial experience to say it.

I need to move up my plans.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Public Radio said O is mad and might get madder.

Link?  Mad angry or mad cow disease mad?
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Let me guess...he is going to try to oppress us.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?  Mad angry or mad cow disease mad?

In his case, is there a discernable difference?

I noticed the market take a distinct dump today, ostensibly because the Italians had the audacity not to follow the plans for their servitude laid out by the Eurocrats. It will be interesting to see whether some of the machinations in DC cause (another) massive dislocation in our economy in the next 60 days or whether the europeans do that themselves first.

Like I said before, I don't think we have 4 years left on our present course. The math just doesn't work.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I do believe he is quite mad

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do believe he is quite mad

Oh, he mad, he mad.

All this sequester nonsense is cutting into his golf time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#25]
If folks think O is mad, then they aren't paying attention and haven't figgered out what's going on.

O is as mad as a healthy sly fox.

Don't confuse mad with evil.

Post after post after post, laid out as plain as the nose on your face, and still folks can't figger it out.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

" Coming soon to a theater near you "

Nope, can see this ending well.

Greece, Spain, Italy...France

Germany cannot bail out these countries.  Ireland and Greece are one thing.  Spain and Italy quite another.  France is too large an economy.  Even if Germany wanted to do so, and in the end Germany has problems of its own. The "reset" is a redefining of the role of government.  The United States once had it right, it was unique.  It was a government that formed on the foundation of an idea.  An idea that worked.  Protecting individual freedom, is the ONLY good function of government.  Over the long term it is the only thing that works.

We've lost our way.   But all things in the end, return to the mean.  

I know most of you have heard this lecture, but I believe it's worth listening to again.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the devices the left is using to take control of us is the economy. They have literally destroyed it systematically [along with the our once sensible social culture -that stood in their way].

Some folks think that the .gov will fold when the economy 'collapses', and we will have some sort of "ROMANTIC RESET". That the FSM will have their EBT cards cut off.

That is unlikely to ever happen, until the Left is in full control.

Then when we no longer go to the ballot box, who needs a Free Shit Majority?  

And why waste $$$ on EBT cards. The FSM is in for the same surprise we are. Probably much worse.

Just a few years later.

There are BRILLIANT and evil folks calculating this whole gameplan, and it's likely completely written out, needing minor adjustments now and again.  Everything we are seeing re gun control is likely long ago baked in the cake with the details worked out as things go along.

All you have to do is look at a cross-section of the 'creame de la crop' mentalities and personalities we see around us and you can see why Qweevox says we're screwed.

[Expy's survival TIP of the day -Keep your dental work up to date and don't get gold fillings]

Are you discounting an armed uprising to restore freedom? Or do you think such a thing will have no positive effect or even be used to advance their agenda.

I am curious to know who or what can have a coordinated plan in action for the time frame you are talking about. I am skeptical that this is planned and not just a deterioration of conditions because of a misplaced ideology.

Please expound.    How would a counter revolution, theoretically, affect the events taking place.

Of course it will further 'Their' agenda. I think they fully expect and have factored it as an IMPORTANT part of their plans. Should be obvious.

Why do you think it wouldn't???

Why are you skeptical??

Your being skeptical seems that you're just observing the same old thing getting worser and worser and expecting different results!

The rest of your post I'm not commenting on besides this. The outcome should be obvious based on highly advanced technology available, "progress" made, state of our society, and a study of history.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I see one senario that might 'change' the equation. I doubt it will happen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Told my congress critters to let the sequestration go. It will really piss off Obama when the sun comes up Saturday
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Told my congress critters to let the sequestration go. It will really piss off Obama when the sun comes up Saturday

Not enough balls in Congress for it to happen. It's a dog and pony show like the debt ceiling talk.

Right now fiscally, if it needs to happen, it won't. If it's bad for us, it's almost a guarantee.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

At least your drinking posts have real info in them, mine just uses four letter words in quick succession.....

I wish it was possible to know everyone's background when reading their posts. It is hard to tell sometimes between uneducated opinion, and educated analysis.

I now understand you work in the financial business and have credibility. To me, that drunken post was worth it's weight in gold, even though I did not quite understand everything you said, I understood that you understand.

It is one thing for me to say we are fucked , it is quite another for someone with your financial experience to say it.

I need to move up my plans.

I think this was the first multi-page post redaction I've NOT been a part of...        Unfortunately, it looks like this one might have been kind of interesting.  

Qweevox, care to rephrase for those of us a day late to the party?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#33]
The influx of Hispanic immigrants was mentioned a page or so back.
Today on Fox they showed the results of a poll that said 75% of them prefer a large fed. government. I thought it was interesting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Hay guys...  if you retained any hope of "change" following the election, how's this for inspiring you to now expect Ultimate Failure?

The five- page document, which has the tacit support of Senate GOP leaders, represents a remarkable shift for the party. Having railed against Senate Democrats for not passing a budget, Republicans are now proposing that Congress surrender an important piece of its Constitutional “power of the purse” for the last seven months of this fiscal year.

As proposed, lawmakers would retain the power to overturn the president’s spending plan by March 22, but only under a resolution of disapproval that would demand two-thirds majorities in both the House and Senate to prevail over an Obama veto.
 [just like the debt ceiling hike(s) - it's all political grand-standing to keep the status quo, but so one can "claim" they voted against such things just after voting for them]

The proposal would require — like the sequester — that no more than $42.6 billion of the cuts come at the expense of defense programs. But the elaborate, almost Rube Goldberg construct is already provoking sharp criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike and reflects a political scramble to escape the fallout from the sequester.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/senate-gop-ponders-shifting-power-to-obama-88149.html#ixzz2M7Q3t98z

So the Republicans are literally says "shame on you for not passing a budget, but we don't want to be blamed (after already being blamed) for the fiasco we caved on two years ago (and voted for) - so now instead of holding ground for ANY idea of fiscal sanity...  we'll just hand over the reigns in entirety so we don't have to fool with... well, you know...  governing?"

[crazy]

See also:
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Republicans are so out-gunned by the Progressive Left they should turn in their Whimp-Ass cards. They are below Whimps.

Their tactical and strategic political skills earn them an "F".

They are destroyed by the media [that we love to watch and support] every time they turn around.

It's sad and pathetic. Conservatives have rather little representaion, in that the goober folks who want moar free shit have become the majority and their 'handlers' are highly skilled at disinformation and demonization of everything that makes any sense regarding property rights and other principles this country was founded upon.

We see lots of folks here holding the hand of the Left in discussions [look for join dates around election cycle times, etc] to confuse members.

They are the 'flash bangs' of forum disruption and are on most every one, not just AR15. They are numerous and few recog them.

Voting-wise, hard working folks are outnumbered and if a person tries to take a public stand of high visibility, watch him get demonized with the support of the media by agents of the left who will do ANYTHING despicable without any personal self-respect, to accomplish the mission to destroy them.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Remember, it's a "Free Market."   Good luck, retail!

For stocks where Knight is the only one running market making software as a RLP, and the Tester is the only algo trading that's crossing the bid/ask spread, then we'll see consistent buy and sell patterns of trade executions, all marked regular, and all from the NYSE, and all occurring at prices just above the bid or just below the ask. Examples include EXC and NOK and you can see these patterns in charts here. The Tester is functioning just as it did in the lab, and Knight's market making software is intercepting these orders and executing them. Knight won't lose any money on these trades, but they will be generating a lot of wash sales.

For stocks where Knight is not the only market maker, or when there are other algos actively trading (and crossing the bid/ask spread), then some, or all of the orders sent by the Tester will be executed by someone other than Knight, and Knight will now have a position in the stock. Meaning it could be making or losing money. The patterns generated for these stocks will depend greatly on the activity of the other players.

Because the Tester indiscriminately buys at the ask and sells at the bid, and because the bid/ask spreads are very wide during the open, we now understand why many stocks moved violently at that time. The Tester was simply hitting the bid or offer, and the side it hit first, determined whether the stock opened sharply up or down.

Since the Tester doesn't think it's dealing with real dollars, it doesn't have to keep track of its net position. It's job is to send buy and sell orders in test pattern waves. This explains why Knight didn't know right away that it was losing a lot of money. They didn't even know the Tester was running. When they realized they had a problem, the first likely suspect would be the new market making software. We think the two periods of time when there was a sudden drop in trading (9:48 and 9:52) are when they restarted the system. Once it came back, the Tester, being part of the package, fired up too and proceeded to continue testing. Finally, just moments before an economic news release at 10am, someone found and killed the Tester.

Nanex.com explanation

On August 1, 2012, starting at market open (9:30 EDT), our monitoring software alarms went off on hundreds of symbols. Looking closer at the data, we found and reported (at 9:38am) that many NYSE stocks had extremely high trade rates: several sustaining over 100 trades per second.

...for some of the stocks, such as EXC and NOK the same firm was on both sides of each trade and were simply testing out new market making software. After all, the NYSE started their new Retail Liquidity Price Improvement Program the very same day, and only NYSE listed stocks were involved in this event. Also note that many of the trade executions are inside the bid/ask; something very unusual for trades and quotes from NYSE. Also, virtually all these trades are for 100 shares - the minimum number required to be reported in the system. And the timing of the trades is very evenly spaced, too evenly spaced. And many examples show a buy and sell appearing at virtually the same time, so close that the second trade has the very next exchange sequence number. Furthermore, the bid/ask spread remains very stable during this rapid buying and selling. Had these been real orders, the bid/ask spread would have quickly widened.

More Nanex details on the absurdity of "liquidity"

Who wants to guess when the Knight algorithm was turned off - twice?   You might notice the NYSE volume...  uh... changes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Republicans are so out-gunned by the Progressive Left they should turn in their Whimp-Ass cards. They are below Whimps.
Their tactical and strategic political skills earn them an "F".
http://images.politico.com/global/2013/01/29/130129_mitch_mcconnell_shinkle_605.jpg
They are destroyed by the media [that we love to watch and support] every time they turn around.
It's sad and pathetic. Conservatives have rather little representaion, in that the goober folks who want moar free shit have become the majority and their 'handlers' are highly skilled at disinformation and demonization of everything that makes any sense regarding property rights and other principles this country was founded upon.
We see lots of folks here holding the hand of the Left in discussions [look for join dates around election cycle times, etc] to confuse members.
They are the 'flash bangs' of forum disruption and are on every one. They are numerous and few recog them.
Voting-wise, hard working folks are outnumbered and if a person tries to take a public stand of high visibility, watch him get demonized with the support of the media by agents of the left who will do ANYTHING despicable without any personal self-respect, to accomplish the mission to destroy them.

I got into a Debate with a Scotsman this weekend, about guns & politics.

He tried to explain how the Conservatives are 'Radicals'.

I said, 'European Conservatives or American'

He asks, 'What's the difference?'
I then deployed my 'Genius' stating, 'European "Conservatives" are still Big-Government Socialists, and Conservatives in America are for Limited-Government protecting Individual Rights'
He asked, 'That's what the Republicans stand for?'

I quickly replied, 'No...'
Republicans and Democrats are following the, Failing, European Model of Politics...Socialism Lite or Extreme Progressive, Socialism/Communism/Marxism...
WE have no opposing voice because WE the People are, basically, 'Stupid'...

The Debate needs to be about how to disband an Oligarchy, but how can that happen when 'WE' actually support the Oligarchs, by not voting to remove the Traitors or the few, shamelessly, justifying not participating in OUR Republic.

The 'Bad' has happened & is organized.

While WE the People continue to fall for their Smoke & Mirrors.

ETA

Founded By Geniuses And Run By Idiots

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#38]
A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC. Nothing was moving.

Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and they're asking for a $100 million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks. The man replies, "About a gallon."
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#39]

One man's fraud, waste and abuse is in fact another man's paycheck!  This is unavoidable.  It's not that you want it to be that way, but it is that way.

This is the challenge we must accept as Americans:  We must accept that our economy will contract as we remove monopoly practices in the medical system, as we collapse the cost of medical care, as we stop companies from selling unnecessary power chairs and scooters to people and billing the government, as we stop buying $400 toilet seats and $200 hammers, and as we stop building bridges that nobody drives on -- the infamous "bridges to nowhere."

From here

Like it or not, agree or not, "printed" or "created" money finds its way into the economy and impacts GDP.  It can't go on forever.

Someone eventually has to "pay the piper".
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

They are the 'flash bangs' of forum disruption and are on most every one, not just AR15. They are numerous and few recog them.

Yep. Yet those in 'power' who say they are trying to preserve America continue to want to take the high road and want to continue fighting fair. This is a street brawl for the survival of a once great nation and the liberals have pulled out all the stops. Is it any wonder they seem to be winning.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Not only has 4th quarter GDP been revised to "+0.1% growth" but another milestone has been reached:

Student loans (non dischargable through personal bankruptcy) now have a higher rate of default than revolving credit card accounts!   And they're fixed rate, too....

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not only has 4th quarter GDP been revised to "+0.1% growth" but another milestone has been reached:

Student loans (non dischargable through personal bankruptcy) now have a higher rate of default than revolving credit card accounts!   And they're fixed rate, too....

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/02/STUDENT%20LOANS%20VS%20CREDIT%20CARDS.jpg

That is convenient for when the next qtr shows a decline, we are not in recession.

What a bunch for lies.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/02/STUDENT%20LOANS%20VS%20CREDIT%20CARDS.jpg

That is convenient for when the next qtr shows a decline, we are not in recession.
What a bunch for lies.

economic depression

Part of Speech:  n
Definition:  a sustained economic recession in which a nation's Gross National Product (GNP) is falling and marked by low production and sales and a high rate of business failures and unemployment

Governments have to Lie in order to stay Relevant; Justified Treason?

WE are paying these 'Leaders' to, conveniently, spend their time Redefining History & the English Language.

Don't worry, the word 'Stupid' remains preserved

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Remember, it's a "Free Market."   Good luck, retail!

For stocks where Knight is the only one running market making software as a RLP, and the Tester is the only algo trading that's crossing the bid/ask spread, then we'll see consistent buy and sell patterns of trade executions, all marked regular, and all from the NYSE, and all occurring at prices just above the bid or just below the ask. Examples include EXC and NOK and you can see these patterns in charts here. The Tester is functioning just as it did in the lab, and Knight's market making software is intercepting these orders and executing them. Knight won't lose any money on these trades, but they will be generating a lot of wash sales.

For stocks where Knight is not the only market maker, or when there are other algos actively trading (and crossing the bid/ask spread), then some, or all of the orders sent by the Tester will be executed by someone other than Knight, and Knight will now have a position in the stock. Meaning it could be making or losing money. The patterns generated for these stocks will depend greatly on the activity of the other players.

Because the Tester indiscriminately buys at the ask and sells at the bid, and because the bid/ask spreads are very wide during the open, we now understand why many stocks moved violently at that time. The Tester was simply hitting the bid or offer, and the side it hit first, determined whether the stock opened sharply up or down.

Since the Tester doesn't think it's dealing with real dollars, it doesn't have to keep track of its net position. It's job is to send buy and sell orders in test pattern waves. This explains why Knight didn't know right away that it was losing a lot of money. They didn't even know the Tester was running. When they realized they had a problem, the first likely suspect would be the new market making software. We think the two periods of time when there was a sudden drop in trading (9:48 and 9:52) are when they restarted the system. Once it came back, the Tester, being part of the package, fired up too and proceeded to continue testing. Finally, just moments before an economic news release at 10am, someone found and killed the Tester.

Nanex.com explanation

On August 1, 2012, starting at market open (9:30 EDT), our monitoring software alarms went off on hundreds of symbols. Looking closer at the data, we found and reported (at 9:38am) that many NYSE stocks had extremely high trade rates: several sustaining over 100 trades per second.

...for some of the stocks, such as EXC and NOK the same firm was on both sides of each trade and were simply testing out new market making software. After all, the NYSE started their new Retail Liquidity Price Improvement Program the very same day, and only NYSE listed stocks were involved in this event. Also note that many of the trade executions are inside the bid/ask; something very unusual for trades and quotes from NYSE. Also, virtually all these trades are for 100 shares - the minimum number required to be reported in the system. And the timing of the trades is very evenly spaced, too evenly spaced. And many examples show a buy and sell appearing at virtually the same time, so close that the second trade has the very next exchange sequence number. Furthermore, the bid/ask spread remains very stable during this rapid buying and selling. Had these been real orders, the bid/ask spread would have quickly widened.

More Nanex details on the absurdity of "liquidity"

Who wants to guess when the Knight algorithm was turned off - twice?   You might notice the NYSE volume...  uh... changes.
http://www.nanex.net/aqck2/20120801.e_NYSE.t.09.33.24.000_1000ms.0.gif

I like to think of myself as a libertarian but I have to think a financial transaction tax might put a stop to this bullshit.

It is, after all, not a free market anyway.

I despise these algorithms.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I like to think of myself as a libertarian but I have to think a financial transaction tax might put a stop to this bullshit.

I understand your frustration.  I also know you don't really mean it when you say, as a libertarian you'd like to curtail freedom with government intervention.  Understanding black box trading programs is a difficult task for most people.  But it's not impossible.  I can also tell you they aren't "magic", and potentially pose tremendous risk to those that would deploy them.   I won't go into the details but high velocity black box trading isn't the "great devil" some would make it out to be.

There are many alternatives to investment then "playing in their game".  But even those that choose to tango in their dance, which I wouldn't recommend,  can take advantage of their limitations.  There are lots of exploits which provide opportunity for someone who wishes to legitimately wage war on these financial battlefields. In my opinion, they aren't as much a threat as many imagine.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand your frustration.  I also know you don't really mean it when you say, as a libertarian you'd like to curtail freedom with government intervention.  Understanding black box trading programs is a difficult task for most people.  But it's not impossible.  I can also tell you they aren't "magic", and potentially pose tremendous risk to those that would deploy them.   I won't go into the details but high velocity black box trading isn't the "great devil" some would make it out to be.    

There are many alternatives to investment then "playing in their game".  But even those that choose to tango in their dance, which I wouldn't recommend,  can take advantage of their limitations.  There are lots of exploits which provide opportunity for someone who wishes to legitimately wage war on these financial battlefields. In my opinion, they aren't as much a threat as many imagine.

Except for all of those pension funds and 401(k) plans holding hundreds of billions of dollars that over-pay and under-earn for every stock transaction placed, relative to a truly free and open market?

I think that when Big Money is parking super computers within a few feet of the NYSE to maximize on the milliseconds of time between placed trades and "recognized" trades - and how this is exploited to anticipate incoming bids for maximizing profits - well, I don't think that fits the definition of "fair" or "open."

The fact that millions of trades are either phantom, cancelled or otherwise used to artificially alter prices is de facto manipulation.   I guess you could argue that it doesn't hurt retail much because they're either A: buy and hold suckers or B: simply not in the market to any significant degree these days...  but I still don't see how HFT is anything but unhealthy and counter-intuitive to open and free market principles.

Might as well say "The DJIA is at 14,000 - and justified in being there!" based on fundamentals, future P/E (inflation?) and that 0.1% GDP growth we just pulled in?

ETA:  Found this on ZH and couldn't resist:
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#50]

You Rarely Know You're In A Recession Until It's Too Late:

1) Think back to 2008, a couple of days before the Lehman failure. Looking at the data in hand, you would see GDP growth at about 1% in Q1 and 3% in Q2. More specifically, Q2 GDP growth had just been revised up on August 28 from 1.9% to 3.3%, sparking a 212-point Dow rally that day. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/29/business/29econ.html?_r=0

2) In March 2001, 95% of economists thought there would not be a recession, but one had already begun.

3) No economist predicted the 1990-91 recession beforehand.

4) Hardly any economists recognized the severe 1973-75 recession until almost a year after it started. Indeed, that recession began with the ISM at 68.1, and payroll jobs growth did not turn negative for eight months.

5) In 1970, unaware that the economy was nine months into recession, none other than Paul Samuelson said that the NBER had worked itself out of a job, meaning that improved policy expertise had made recessions very unlikely.

6) In three of the last 15 recessions - specifically, in 1980, 1945, and 1926-27 during the Roaring Twenties - stock prices remained in a cyclical upturn.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-28/you-rarely-know-youre-recession-until-its-too-late
Page / 152
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top