Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a few people at my workplace who are shitting bricks due to the late OT payments cause by the Kronos issue.  Last month, they were going on about how much overtime money they raked in.  Now, they are in panic-mode because they spent the money before they made it.  They went on and on about how much crap they were buying for Christmas, and now they're crying the blues because the bills are coming due before payroll can cut a check.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Acquisition of assets is often buying stupid shit to avoid taxes

The way businesses operate seems to be burn before you earn, running payroll down to the nickel, bouncing accounts payable, praying for growth in order to justify another bump of that sweet sweet revolving credit

No wonder employees act the same way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be fair, business operating loans are the same damn thing

No really.  Funds are used for the generation of revenue or acquisition of assets.  Most people spend money on stupid shit of no value.

The way businesses operate seems to be burn before you earn, running payroll down to the nickel, bouncing accounts payable, praying for growth in order to justify another bump of that sweet sweet revolving credit

You looking to lap Aimless?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
"poor people habits"
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most eye opening moment of my life was when I realized 99.9% of poor people are wholly responsible for their poverty.
View Quote

in the USA sure...I lived in South America for a couple years....if you are born in the favela it is REALLY hard to get out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

LMAO - WTF? Who the fuck do you business with bro?

Absolutely not. We have 1/2MIL line of credit, and have for 20 years just to keep the bank “happy”. But we don’t borrow Jack-shit for payroll or lease.
We’ve done a few $100-$300K equipment loans just to “prove ourselves” to the bank over the years, but that’s it.
I keep 5+ months payroll in cash along with rents.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

in the USA sure...I lived in South America for a couple years....if you are born in the favela it is REALLY hard to get out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most eye opening moment of my life was when I realized 99.9% of poor people are wholly responsible for their poverty.

Good thing merica has NOTHING close to that level of poverty, amirite?

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good thing merica has NOTHING close to that level of poverty, amirite?
https://www.planetizen.com/files/images/shutterstock_1542195449.jpg
View Quote

poor people in the USA have about a billion times more chance to get out of poverty than down there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s been that way since the beginning of time.

The Bible tells us that the poor will always be with us.
(John 12:8).

Not saying we don’t care, or it’s OK, but it is what it is.
And it’s never going to change.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
what if I have poor impluse spending control but I am not poor?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
By "in debt forever".....are you talking about the $3K debt of medical bills?  I mean...that's debt but... lots of people who are generally in ok financial shape, owe way more than that on just their car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is me. I suck with money. I'm 32 and have never had more than $1,000 between paychecks. Usually down to under $100.

My parents had overwhelming debt and it killed my mom at 46 from a stroke, and my dad is currently dieing of liver failure.

I tried to avoid that but have around $3k in outstanding medical bills that the doctors still haven't figured out what's wrong with me. So that's cool, I'm in debt forever and I don't even know how to fix it. Awesome

By "in debt forever".....are you talking about the $3K debt of medical bills?  I mean...that's debt but... lots of people who are generally in ok financial shape, owe way more than that on just their car.
Yeah I can't pay that. I'm already stretched to the limit.
I'm stupid and have a $450 car payment, $1k for rent. $200 for insurance. And a bunch of other shit.

So an extra $3k in medical bills is kind of an inconvenience. But jUsT gO wOrK mOrE. I can barely get by doing my normal job, I'm in so much pain and discomfort every day.

I'll be paying $50/mo on these bills for the rest of my life, and still not know what is wrong with me that won't let me live a normal fucking life.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m surprised any of your employees make $500 on a paycheck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You seem to employ a lot of people who make very poor decisions.
View Quote

Gets what he pays for.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:20:47 AM EDT
[#13]
sounds like my wife, if she was totaly on charge of $$ she would spend every cent that would come in.

I am in charge of the money now, like I am her fucking parents, it's like learn some fucking control
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To be fair, business operating loans are the same damn thing
View Quote

Join date post count???
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#15]
You are "poor" because of poor impulse spending control.
View Quote

Wrong! Well it's a catch 22.

If you have money for impulse spending you where never poor to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:30:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm stupid and have a $450 car payment, $1k for rent. $200 for insurance. And a bunch of other shit.

So an extra $3k in medical bills is kind of an inconvenience. But jUsT gO wOrK mOrE. I can barely get by doing my normal job, I'm in so much pain and discomfort every day.

I'll be paying $50/mo on these bills for the rest of my life, and still not know what is wrong with me that won't let me live a normal fucking life.
View Quote
I of course don't know all the details, just thinking about loud here.  What I would look at doing if I were in that situation, is get rid of that car.  Used cars are worth a lot of money right now, a lot more than they were a few years ago.  If you can dump that thing, down grade to something older (but still reliable enough), say down grade that payment to $200 a month, add in the $50 you are already paying, and you can pay off that $3K in 10 months.

10 months from now, you will suddenly have another $300 free, every month.  Hell maybe that means your insurance drops too and it goes a little faster still.

For what it's worth, I am not telling you to do something that I wouldn't.  I am a home owner, I am older than you and I am likely further along in my career, but my sole vehicle is a 2006 Chevy Colorado. It's in great condition because I keep it that way, but it's still old as fuck.   I could likely get approved for a loan on a $40,000 new truck tomorrow, before lunch but....noooo thank you.

I am not saying older cars are the answer. They certainly aren't without some risk, but maybe a relatively quick and reasonable risk on an older vehicle, would put you in a better place.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wrong! Well it's a catch 22.

If you have money for impulse spending you where never poor to begin with.
View Quote
That's not really true.  I can't tell you the number of times I have seen someone in a gas station do the "lemme get a" 15 times at the counter.  

Lemme get a twizzlers.  How much is that?  Ok lemma get this kitkat and aaaaaaa lemma get a pack a those lighters.  How much is that now?  Ok no not these I want the little lighters, how much is that now? Ok lemma get 3 of them scratch offs.  How much is the that power ball this week?  Ok lemma get a power ballllllllll aaaaand lemma get...wait how much is it now?  Ok lemme a big gulp and a pack of marlboro lights.  No triple bag all that shit.  Then I need aaaaa (as they stand there counting change), $4.39 in gas on pump 2.

Then then get into a car that's 3 different colors, has 1 hub cap, is burning a quart of oil out the exhaust pipe and the fan belt is screaming for mercy. It is packed to the ceiling with junk, clothes, fast food wrappers and blankets in the back, that they are very clearly living in.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#18]

The problem with loaning money to people is that they are usually needing a loan because they are bad at money.

We don’t advance more than we owe them. So basically a partial pay period.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re in the same state.
Life isn’t hard, it’s actually very, very, simple. You can fix it, right quick.
You pay $1000 in rent, but pay $650 to drive? Your rent, isn’t going towards your own mortgage.
Fail.

Ditch your car!!! (I’m in a 1.8M home, and have another 450K home being built as a rental, and never in my life have had more than a $350 car payment - and I have 4 newer cars in the garage - you are currently paying $100 more a month than I ever have, for a car ).

After you ditch your car for a $3K get-me-by, START SAVING. Save up enough to where you can buy a $15K car outright, that will last you 10 years. So you can buy a house, and become your own landlord. My parents taught me this at 15yrs old, so at 21 (19 years ago) I was able to purchase my first home. But I still maintained the same self control, of not buying over what I could afford. Even though I love cars/trucks, payments did not make sense. Real estate paid higher dividends.

From there on out, be smart, and don’t borrow money unless it’s used to make more money.

It’s not really rocket science. I’ll never understand the spend-more than you make equation.
Just because shit-birds you know take out loans to buy shit they can’t afford, doesn’t mean you need to. Break the mold.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell I could knock out that 3k bill within 3 years just using my cashback rewards from my credit cards and you are acting like it’s hopeless?
Get a hold of yourself man it’s 3k not 300k.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's a training and culture issue.
Once a person is raised a certain way it is very difficult to get their head rewired in a way that is more useful and less chaotic(exciting).
View Quote

I call this CCS:     Continues Crisis Syndrome
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Its kind of funny, this is often something attributed to millennials but I have seen it become more and more prevalent across all ages as time goes on.

I mean lets not pretend that we don't all see the old people working fast food or jobs at Walmart. Some of it is unfortunate circumstances sure, but there was also a lot of this same mentality by boomers, Gen X'ers and so on. The party and buy shit now, save later catches up to a lot of people fast.

Its really sad to see people I work with live like that. Guy's in their 60's working 60 hours a week because he can't afford to stop doing it because that Duramax and Bass boat won't pay for themselves. Guy's in their 40's who won't accept that they can't afford a 6 bedroom house on 10 acres on the 40-50k a year they make. And young guys who just started working at 18, making 300-400 a week at most who still live at home, but somehow only have 30 bucks left at the end of each week. One kid was bragging about his 2,000 buck tire and rim package he smartly financed, whose also the same kid who bails on work every other week because his truck "broke down" and eats out every lunch, and has on average 13-20 bucks left each week. He's now brilliantly added yet another bill to his budget for tires and rims.

My wife's friend has a ghetto sister who is living in a hotel right now with her baby daddy, neither of them working with kids who are all "disabled". They promised the kids they were all going to get gaming laptops and had everyone get their kids accessories for those said laptops.. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up actually getting the laptops too. They'll get a bunch of high dollar laptops and likely end up pawning them to pay for food or the hotel bill.

So many people would finance a hotdog for 36 months if it was an option. We all laugh at the "finance this pizza with 4 easy payments" because it seems ridiculous. But just about everything now has financing available. Hell a few T shirts I ordered last week had that option.

People by and large are losing all impulse control.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hell I could knock out that 3k bill within 3 years just using my cashback rewards from my credit cards and you are acting like it’s hopeless?
Get a hold of yourself man it’s 3k not 300k.
View Quote

That’s not entirely fair. $3K is a different number for a lot of folks.

Now, is $3K a lot when you’re spending $1K mo in rent, and $650 mo to drive?
That’s where I see the problem. You can drive for more than half that cost, and in 8 months the $3K is paid off.
But then you’re forced to drive a pile of shit, but sometimes to better yourself, you have to eat crow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
what if I have poor impluse spending control but I am not poor?
View Quote

That's kinda where I am.

I read this thread title and thought back about the stupid stuff I pissed money away on in 2021 that I could have saved and invested instead. But, if it wasn't for the ability to have money to spend on stupid shit, I probably wouldn't be able to convince myself to keep working at all, so I'd effectively have ended up with even less money.

At least the stuff I buy mostly falls into the classification of tangible assets, so it's stuff I still have. It's not like I'm blowing it on cigarettes, booze and drugs.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You seem to employ a lot of people who make very poor decisions.
View Quote

I think that what N_H really needs to do is set up his own "company towns" where he can control every aspect of what his "employees" (aka "indentured servants") earn and buy at prices that he sets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:59:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's not entirely fair. $3K is a different number for a lot of folks.

Now, is $3K a lot when you're spending $1K mo in rent, and $650 mo to drive?
That's where I see the problem. You can drive for more than half that cost, and in 8 months the $3K is paid off.
But then you're forced to drive a pile of shit, but sometimes to better yourself, you have to eat crow.
View Quote
Kind of a funny story, that 06 Colorado I mentioned in the post up there, I have had for about 2 years now. It was my dads, he passed away and left it to me.  At first I didn't plan on keeping it for super long it's 15 years old and I never liked those smaller trucks but....the longer I have it the more I realized that the thing is damned useful.

I don't have a payment, it's mechanically sound, reasonably dependable and I have used it to move around all manner of shit.  I wouldn't really want to drive it across the country or anything but for my purposes, around town etc, the thing is great.

It also has a cap on the back, at first I thought that that thing was going ASAP, I am not driving around a little old truck with a figgin cap on the bed.  But....someone talked me into leaving it on for a while because it's a nice cap, fiber glass and custom painted to match the truck.

You know what?  I don't care what people think, my father was right.  Fuckin cap is useful and it's staying.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Join date post count???
View Quote

Thinking the same.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Kind of a funny story, that 06 Colorado I mentioned in the post up there, I have had for about 2 years now. It was my dads, he passed away and left it to me.  At first I didn't plan on keeping it for super long it's 15 years old and I never liked those smaller trucks but....the longer I have it the more I realized that the thing is damned useful.

I don't have a payment, it's mechanically sound, reasonably dependable and I have used it to move around all manner of shit.  I wouldn't really want to drive it across the country or anything but for my purposes, around town etc, the thing is great.

It also has a cap on the back, at first I thought that that thing was going ASAP, I am not driving around a little old truck with a figgin cap on the bed.  But....someone talked me into leaving it on for a while because it's a nice cap, fiber glass and custom painted to match the truck.

You know what?  I don't care what people think, my father was right.  Fuckin cap is useful and it's staying.
View Quote

I 100% get it. That’s what is also hard for people to understand. If you can’t afford a nice reliable new car, you also don’t get to go on those cross-country journeys that require a nice new reliable car.
It’s just part of the equation, and growing up.
I remember when I was in my early 20’s, trying to do the new house payment thing, new girlfriend thing, and she wanted to drive around the country.
It just wasn’t an option. Owning a home, was more important.
Grew up quick. It paid off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Plenty of $70k pickup trucks parked in the driveways of shotgun rental homes around here.  They have a saying around here YOLO.  Problem is that there are too many safety nets (welfare) around here so many act irresponsible around here.
View Quote

This. Over the last couple months I’ve seen people bragging about this lifestyle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Live and learn.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We’re in the same state.
Life isn’t hard, it’s actually very, very, simple. You can fix it, right quick.
You pay $1000 in rent, but pay $650 to drive? Your rent, isn’t going towards your own mortgage.
Fail.

Ditch your car!!! (I’m in a 1.8M home, and have another 450K home being built as a rental, and never in my life have had more than a $350 car payment - and I have 4 newer cars in the garage - you are currently paying $100 more a month than I ever have, for a car ).

After you ditch your car for a $3K get-me-by, START SAVING. Save up enough to where you can buy a $15K car outright, that will last you 10 years. So you can buy a house, and become your own landlord. My parents taught me this at 15yrs old, so at 21 (19 years ago) I was able to purchase my first home. But I still maintained the same self control, of not buying over what I could afford. Even though I love cars/trucks, payments did not make sense. Real estate paid higher dividends.

From there on out, be smart, and don’t borrow money unless it’s used to make more money.

It’s not really rocket science. I’ll never understand the spend-more than you make equation.
Just because shit-birds you know take out loans to buy shit they can’t afford, doesn’t mean you need to. Break the mold.
View Quote

You, sir, are full of shit. Your definition of "new" must be a helluva lot different than mine. There isn't a public school in Mississippi where that equation you posted adds up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Pay them in what your swimming in, realtor signs!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I haven't been in your shoes with the medical issues, but I made some really bad financial decisions when I was younger. Student loans, credit cards and a vehicle I couldn't afford. Every week I was juggling which bill to pay. There were many days were I felt it was hopeless.

Reading your posts reminds me of some of the nights I laid awake wondering how I would ever get out of debt. Probably the first thing to understand is it won't happen over night. Set up a realistic budget and start chipping away at it.

I don't know your job situation and this may not apply, but my biggest strides were from salary increases as I changed jobs. Don't change your spending habits when more money comes in and put the money towards debt.

Maybe this sounds too simple and you have probably heard it a million times, but nothing is going to change if you keep doing the same thing. Best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#34]
The people least able to afford it are the most likely to spend foolishly and buy non-essentials. What a surprise.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can't imagine spending $500 and it putting me in a bad spot.

Tough.
View Quote

I said the same thing until I actually thought about it.

There was a time in my life when having a hundred bucks in my wallet was exceedingly rare and I spent it like OP's employee.

Sometimes a reality and humility check are needed. You gave me one, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Way too much smug arrogance ITT. With the way things are going economically in this country, we're all gonna be fucked no matter how financially responsible you are.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#37]
The new normal. A multitude of dumbasses with a bunch of shiny shit that all belongs to the bank trying their best to impress all the other dumbasses with a bunch of shiny shit that all belongs to the bank.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Americans have become a cult of “stuff”. Look at how people live in other countries, even wealthy countries. Think about how your parents or grandparents or great-grandparents lived,

Even America’s “poorest” today have lots of stuff piled in their section 8 housing or trailer park. The homeless push around shopping carts filled with their mostly useless stuff.

We are addicted to the immediate gratification we receive from buying more stuff. It’s like Christmas all year long. It becomes a surrogate happiness that has too often replaced developing meaningful relationships and personal achievements. Had a bad day at work? Argue with your Wife? Lament your life choices? Go online and BUY MORE STUFF!

and much of the U.S. economy DEPENDS on it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#39]
And some people just make more money.

I blow money on dumb shit all the time. But I make enough cash to be able to do that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's a training and culture issue.
Once a person is raised a certain way it is very difficult to get their head rewired in a way that is more useful and less chaotic(exciting).
View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you learned yet how to make a budget? Google will tell you how, but you basically would start by listing how much money you have coming in per week/month/year and then list what your current expenses are for those same time periods, and compare the two.

If you are spending more than you have coming in, then you need to either figure out how to get more coming in or how to reduce what you are spending. Your list of expenses above includes "and a bunch of other shit."  Besides the higher than you can afford cost of your vehicle, there are probably places you could cut your expenses in that "other shit."  In the end, you part of your goal budget should be some savings every month.  Maybe your budget, after cutting costs, has enough extra money in it to pay back $100 for your doctor bills AND save $100 per month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Way too much smug arrogance ITT. With the way things are going economically in this country, we're all gonna be fucked no matter how financially responsible you are.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Like our government is any better? They just play with bigger numbers because it's easy to spend someone else's money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How else am i supposed to afford NV, Kac build, supressors, and all my gadgets?

Bye Bye bank!

OP's EE ratings check out

PS im single with no kids so i can do this
View Quote

The biggest purchase I've made for MYSELF in all my life was my Ford Raptor.

It was a graduation splurge for me. I recently graduated with my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration and just started the BSN Program.  

We both make good mpney through my current job, Military retirement, VA disability, her trust and her business. We aren't hurting for money in the slightest.

I used to be like that guy blowing my money on stupid shit with nothing to show for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Got an employee who was whining today asking for an advance for next weeks pay (I paid early Thursday for New Years).

Seems like the individual had impulse spending problem and blew $300 on fireworks and $200 on liquor for New Years.  Problem is that he did not have enough money to cover his rent for Jan 2022 that is due Monday.and is also short for diaper money.

Sometimes I just wonder about society.
View Quote

dude we all have them I have... doesn't get better with age either. I have couple that are in mid 50's and cant make ends meet week to week.. and my Boss "the owner" just keeps writing them checks
To much booze is the problem
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#46]
This was pretty common back in the 1980s when i worked in a machine shop, with 3 guys, in particular.  It was always a sob story about poor money management, or arrest & bail/legal fees…..cash advance, will work OT next time you ask (these guys never did OT, it always fell to me).

They never offered to work more for more money, however.

It would seem the appropriate employee action would have been to allocate a budget for fireworks & hooch months before, for any holiday activity.  Not piss through rent, food, utilities money & hope someone loans money….

I vote no, but I’m about personal choices & consequences.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

People by and large are losing all impulse control.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBwWaUNXoAg1Vld?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

HOLY FK

Is that real?

I feel nacked with less than 100k+ in semi fluid savings ( getting cash out of it within 24h ) and 5k+ in actual cash
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I spend like a sailor on shore leave, but very rarely on useless stuff.

I buy tools, small equipment, improve the shop. Anything that can help us make money faster.

My last recreation impulse buy was two kettlebells for my gym.

I know lots of guys that get paid, then immediately turn that money into useless shit. Like they'll go buy a fishing rod and a bunch of hunting stuff....every month. Dude, you have like 30 rods and nine of those seat cushion things, pay ahead on your truck loan.

My wife on the other hand, has the opposite problem. She doesn't spend quite enough. Savings account looks great, but it's losing value by the day just sitting there as cash.

Together I guess we kind of balance out. I want lots of paid off assets (good assets, that make money) when the next downturn hits, so we can keep chugging along while other companies go out of business.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#49]
I know it’s not your job or responsibility OP, but you have a chance to really try to help somebody right now.

I would give him the advance with the condition that he take the Dave Ramsey money makeover challenge. Go through it with him. Make sure he gives it an honest try.

I personally know several people, including myself, who’s lives have been changed for the better from it.

It’s been said that this book is not meant to make one rich. It’s meant to get them out of debt, and help keep them out. Which in today’s society is being rich.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It’s been said that this book is not meant to make one rich. It’s meant to get them out of debt, and help keep them out. Which in today’s society is being rich.

View Quote

I agree with that statement, and it makes me sad.  Our consumer credit-based economy relies on people leveraging whatever money they bring in to give them more spending power to fuel the economy.  It's not surprising that when you make something easy and pleasurable for people, they'll embrace it and make it a lifestyle.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top