[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Last nights dinner.  Coulotte steak.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A fan of good music and properly cooked steak!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

View Quote

Yessir.

Blue rare ribeye whilst listening to the best music on the planet, accompanied by some 15 year or older Glenlivet, and i count that as a perfect day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no such thing as undercooked steak - hell, you can eat it raw in several different recipes ( https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/raw-beef-recipes  ).
Of course I don't eat undercooked chicken or pork.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s all texture, different meats perform better at different temps.

I like white chicken meat best around 140, much higher than 150 and it’s a dried mess. Dark closer to 165 so the meat firms up more. Perfectly safe to go lower than 140 even if you sous vide for longer but I don’t love the texture.

Beef is totally different, and different cuts should be treated differently. Filet should be rare, texture will be great and it needs to keep all the moisture it can. Ribeye should be medium rare, under cook it and the fat won’t render at all and will be chewy.

Salmon, tuna should be very rare, I don’t like to go over 120 degrees for salmon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't we have an arfcom expert @mediumrarechicken
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most people overcook chicken. Chicken held at 145 for 10 minutes is just as safe to eat at 165 for 1 second. Pork is similar.

Look up logarithmic cooking charts.
View Quote

Yep, I learned this lesson when I started sous vide. Works for other types of cooking.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Meats done  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I eat slightly pink pork.  I don't prefer chicken too much but I'll eat my steaks all the way down to blue.
View Quote

Pork can be fully cooked to 155 and still have a tiny bit of pink.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Raw Chicken Sashimi - Food in Japan

I wouldn’t eat it, but chicken tartare is a real thing in Asia.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Honestly, steak that is cooked below medium - medium rare is doing a disservice to yourself. You are not extracting all the flavor and rendering the fat properly.  Unless you like the jiggly tougher texture, no reason beyond man card stuff to eat steak so raw.

145 degrees internal is perfect for me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Medium rare on good steaks, medium on burgers, medium well on pork and chicken.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Last nights dinner.  Coulotte steak.

https://i.imgur.com/TT4w86r.jpg
View Quote

Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6rVZng-AnY

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Your understanding of the word “cooked” is lacking.

Beef pork and chicken are to be cooked correctly. This is mostly dictated by the quality and cut.

Personally, I like to let my beef rot then prepare to midrare.

Tonight I went a little more rare as that’s what the cut dictated.

Chicken should be medium to mid-well.
I have no pics I can pull off the top of my head as I haven’t really had much of any chicken for the last 4 months.

Pork tenderloin should be medium.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Beef pork and chicken are to be cooked correctly. This is mostly dictated by the quality and cut.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/7D5986FB-210C-47F5-9E90-A37E7842D67A-2468007.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/97661823-20A4-4717-9FAC-71705A7487F1-2468008.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/DA2A01FD-E432-4AA0-80EE-DE73D8BBCE97-2468010.jpg

I have no pics I can pull off the top of my head as I haven’t really had much of any chicken for the last 4 months.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/CEF436C9-B4D8-457E-99EB-CD17FCF3777B-2338517.jpg
View Quote

I love steak but I can't eat any meat that undercooked or I will get seriously sick. May be nice for some but it's not worth me being ill for a few days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Most people overcook chicken. Chicken held at 145 for 10 minutes is just as safe to eat at 165 for 1 second. Pork is similar.

Look up logarithmic cooking charts.
View Quote

Sous vide makes it super easy to have nice and moist chicken!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Medium rare on good steaks, medium on burgers, medium well on pork and chicken.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I love steak but I can't eat any meat that undercooked or I will get seriously sick. May be nice for some but it's not worth me being ill for a few days.
View Quote

Lol!

It's all in your head, or you aren't properly cleaning your utensils and they are gross as fuck
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only real danger with beef is surface contamination. A good sear eliminates that risk.  Properly prepared beef can be eaten raw with essentially no risk.

A good friend of mine is immune compromised- he eats his steak as rare as he can get it, and has for years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6rVZng-AnY

View Quote

Raw chicken is amazing, highly recommended. The salmonella problem is in the Chickens intestines, so when they slaughter the thing they are very careful how they clean it, and its usually killed the same day that you eat it.

You can get all parts of the bird raw, but usually it's the breast.

It is by far the tastiest way to enjoy chicken.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/7D5986FB-210C-47F5-9E90-A37E7842D67A-2468007.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/97661823-20A4-4717-9FAC-71705A7487F1-2468008.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/DA2A01FD-E432-4AA0-80EE-DE73D8BBCE97-2468010.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/CEF436C9-B4D8-457E-99EB-CD17FCF3777B-2338517.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Undercooked steak? Man I love me some steak tartar!
Better get it while you can too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol!

It's all in your head, or you aren't properly cleaning your utensils and they are gross as fuck
View Quote

Nope. First time I ever ate Medium rare it was at a friend of my dads. I was the only one who got sick. Classic food poisoning. The next time was at a steakhouse, same thing. A few times since and the only common thing was the meat was not at least medium well. I don't know what it is, and it's not worth seeing a Dr to figure it out. So I stay away from stuff that isn't cooked thoroughly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only real danger with beef is surface contamination. A good sear eliminates that risk.  Properly prepared beef can be eaten raw with essentially no risk.

A good friend of mine is immune compromised- he eats his steak as rare as he can get it, and has for years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  True.  That said any sort of "blade tenderizing" negates it.  You hear me Costco?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#27]
yes.  as long as the muscle is whole and has not been punctured, allowing bacteria from the surface into the muscle, under cooked chicken has worked out for me.  I prefer the texture of undercooked chicken.  Do I serve it that way to others? No,of course not; I don’t impose my risk taking on others.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nope. First time I ever ate Medium rare it was at a friend of my dads. I was the only one who got sick. Classic food poisoning. The next time was at a steakhouse, same thing. A few times since and the only common thing was the meat was not at least medium well. I don't know what it is, and it's not worth seeing a Dr to figure it out. So I stay away from stuff that isn't cooked thoroughly.
View Quote

Yea, science says you're wrong. It's either you, something else you ate, or disgusting utensils.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yea, science says you're wrong. It's either you, something else you ate, or disgusting utensils.
View Quote

I'm not discounting that it could be me. One of the times I got sick all I had was the steak. And I won't eat with disgusting utensils.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stepson is unlucky.  He got MIS-C reaction sick from COVID on his first trip to Colorado.  It was bad.  The second time he went, he said he always gets sick in Colorado, but he didn't.  Instead he got sunburned really bad because he didn't listen to advice about wearing sunscreen and goggles.  "Why does this always happen to me?"  "I don't like Colorado!"  The third time we went nothing bad happened, but the day after he got home he got stung on his foot by a wasp.  We thank our lucky stars he didn't get stung out there.  I'm sure he would blame geography for his maladies and refuse to go back forever.  

It's kind of like this guy blaming properly cooked steak for his ailments.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.  True.  That said any sort of "blade tenderizing" negates it.  You hear me Costco?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the digestive system of a caveman. Costco is fine in my house.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't like the taste or texture of undercooked chicken, while I love the taste or texture of undercooked beefsteak.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top