Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh FFS quit your whining about "muh taxes".

If not for Ukraine it would be going to dem orgs trying to steal the mid- terms or those trying to turn kids into trannies.

It sure as hell wouldn't be going to secure our borders so you can STFU about that too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Even this liberal gets it.

Tulsi Gabbard on Ukraine and the Military Industrial Complex
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL. So why has support for Ukraine in national polls been trending up? What is the rest of America missing?
View Quote

They haven’t even asked me, one of the OG ukrBros
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

and 21ers think a GD poll has any merit
View Quote

Fair enough, but between friends, family, work, and being out in public I haven’t heard anyone mention Ukraine in a month. I saw one fat chick at a Testament concert in Milwaukee with a Ukraine flag on her jacket. Besides GD and the news I don’t hear anybody talking about this. The “overwhelming support” and polls are only being determined when people are asked point blank whether they support Ukraine or not; otherwise it’s a non-issue for most people. If I had to guess I would assume that the same people who think Trump was put in office by the evil Russians will be supportive of funding Ukraine to fight the same “evil Russians”.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, america being humiliated and embarrassed and our National pride being thrown in the gutter is good
View Quote

Don’t you have insurrectionists to intimidate?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Really

Please back that up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m telling you, these members are liberals.

Really

Please back that up.

You mean like post proof anonymous users vote Democratic? Can’t.

But if you’re supporting the unaudited flow of resources to an un-winnable war then yes, you are very liberal. Ukraine will not win. They are dying and suffering, and yes, killing Russians. But when this escalates more and more russias rockets will flatten ukraines cities. When this reaches Kiev it’s done. The only chance Ukraine has is with air support and no country is going to do that.

How do you keep Russia from moving forward in the future? You destroy them from within. Maybe, just maybe that will happen if more Russians revolt and that’s the only positive possibility from the proxy. But how do we know what’s really going on? You can’t trust our government and you can’t trust the media.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If not for Ukraine it would be going to dem orgs trying to steal the mid- terms or those trying to turn kids into trannies.

It sure as hell wouldn't be going to secure our borders so you can STFU about that too.
View Quote

I completely agree.  The money for Ukraine is the best use of Federal funds I've seen in many years, certainly the best foreign aid.  Most of the stuff we send them is our old and likely obsolete stock.  When Uncle Sugar reorders, that will help our economy.  BTW:  our defense spending is quite low for the last few years, historically.  This is a chance to hurt Russia that we CANNOT pass up and helping Ukraine is the right thing to do.  Bonus is we aren't losing our boys.

FJB, but his handlers are actually doing a fantastic job helping Ukraine with equipment, training, intel, etc.  I would like to see other countries step up more.  We are about 2/3s of the international support.  Hoping this will be over by Spring.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
At the rate they're blowing through Taxpayer cash, may as well make them a territory of the United States
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is going from ukraine to dem orgs trying to steal the mid terms why do you think the head of the teachers union is there.  You must have forgot about 10% for the big guy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As with anything out of Washington, I expect some skimming to some degree.  

But, why the vehemence and outrage now?  Where were all these principled conservatives when student loans got forgiven?  I see we collectively shook our heads and muttered, "spending money is what they do," but where's that awful pitch and seething tone we apparently reserve for Ukraine?

Where's the anti-Ukraine fervor and incessant whine when it comes to other spending?  Where are all these principled conservatives to give our own side a good lashing over the decade+ of bullshit in Iraq?  

No, it's something besides money.  The vast majority of the Ukraine money goes directly to US companies.  This degree of impotent rage is reserved for something else.  

So what is it?  What is it about Russia that gives some of our members such a chubby?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't have to.

Yours is being sent like it or not.

Cope. Not a thing you can do about because about 85% of the nation including the vast majority of conservatives is just fine with exchanging us dollars for piles of dead Russian men aged 18-50.

I know I am.

Kill so many they have a drop in ability to procreate. Works for me.

Sorry not sorry it doesn't for you. I'd certainly rather send my money there instead of Afghanistan or to some food stamp program.

Except just like "$20 million to Uganda to study female contraception techniques," the Ukrainian military is probably only seeing pennies on the dollar. This entire thing is graft. Just look at the total amount we've "given" Ukraine. It's an absurd amount that we wouldn't spend if we were the ones fighting in Ukraine.

This is one big money laundering scheme.

But, why the vehemence and outrage now?  Where were all these principled conservatives when student loans got forgiven?  I see we collectively shook our heads and muttered, "spending money is what they do," but where's that awful pitch and seething tone we apparently reserve for Ukraine?

Where's the anti-Ukraine fervor and incessant whine when it comes to other spending?  Where are all these principled conservatives to give our own side a good lashing over the decade+ of bullshit in Iraq?  

No, it's something besides money.  The vast majority of the Ukraine money goes directly to US companies.  This degree of impotent rage is reserved for something else.  

So what is it?  What is it about Russia that gives some of our members such a chubby?
Bullshit. The same people who were pissed about how much we wasted on Iraq, are pissed about spending in Ukraine.

FWIW, I feel that Iraq and especially Afghanistan, was *FAR MORE* of a waste than whats happening in Ukraine. Most of us were more pissed about Iraq, than we are about the spending in Ukraine. The only thing that adds an extra dimension is that we're inching ourselves closer to a nuclear war.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I completely agree.  The money for Ukraine is the best use of Federal funds I've seen in many years, certainly the best foreign aid.  Most of the stuff we send them is our old and likely obsolete stock.  When Uncle Sugar reorders, that will help our economy.  BTW:  our defense spending is quite low for the last few years, historically.  This is a chance to hurt Russia that we CANNOT pass up and helping Ukraine is the right thing to do.  Bonus is we aren't losing our boys.

FJB, but his handlers are actually doing a fantastic job helping Ukraine with equipment, training, intel, etc.  I would like to see other countries step up more.  We are about 2/3s of the international support.  Hoping this will be over by Spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That we know of.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is going from ukraine to dem orgs trying to steal the mid terms why do you think the head of the teachers union is there.  You must have forgot about 10% for the big guy.
View Quote

Why do you think they need Ukraine to do that, and not the multiple hundreds of billions set aside for student aid? Are you truly naive enough to believe we need another country's assistance for our leadership to pilfer the treasury?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Not one dime; not one ounce of American blood.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fair enough, but between friends, family, work, and being out in public I haven’t heard anyone mention Ukraine in a month. I saw one fat chick at a Testament concert in Milwaukee with a Ukraine flag on her jacket. Besides GD and the news I don’t hear anybody talking about this. The “overwhelming support” and polls are only being determined when people are asked point blank whether they support Ukraine or not; otherwise it’s a non-issue for most people. If I had to guess I would assume that the same people who think Trump was put in office by the evil Russians will be supportive of funding Ukraine to fight the same “evil Russians”.
View Quote

I don't know where you come to that final conclusion. I think most people who think Russia is righteous were Kraken-istas with Qtardism. Most normal people understand Russia, while not as big a concern as China, is still run by a power hungry Soviet and fighting them is the obvious choice. And it is a minimal cost.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

...But when this escalates more and more russias rockets will flatten ukraines cities. When this reaches Kiev it’s done. ...
View Quote

Lol. Tell me you haven't followed this war without telling me you haven't followed this war.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bullshit. The same people who were pissed about how much we wasted on Iraq, are pissed about spending in Ukraine.

FWIW, I feel that Iraq and especially Afghanistan, was *FAR MORE* of a waste than whats happening in Ukraine. Most of us were more pissed about Iraq, than we are about the spending in Ukraine. The only thing that adds an extra dimension is that we're inching ourselves closer to a nuclear war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't have to.

Cope. Not a thing you can do about because about 85% of the nation including the vast majority of conservatives is just fine with exchanging us dollars for piles of dead Russian men aged 18-50.

I know I am.

Sorry not sorry it doesn't for you. I'd certainly rather send my money there instead of Afghanistan or to some food stamp program.

Except just like "$20 million to Uganda to study female contraception techniques," the Ukrainian military is probably only seeing pennies on the dollar. This entire thing is graft. Just look at the total amount we've "given" Ukraine. It's an absurd amount that we wouldn't spend if we were the ones fighting in Ukraine.

This is one big money laundering scheme.

Russians love seeing people like you post stuff like this FYI. The 'neutral' position is the pro Russia position.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Haha, the ONLY response to anything anti-Ukraine is "REEEE YOU'RE A PUTIN SHILL".

Yeah, nah.  Fuck Putin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope Putin sees this bro. You've been a good comrade.

Haha, the ONLY response to anything anti-Ukraine is "REEEE YOU'RE A PUTIN SHILL".

Yeah, nah.  Fuck Putin.

Translated: "I support the position that totally fucks over the Ukranians, but will throw out a 'fuck Putin' to secure the plausible deniability" - can't play it both ways, comrade.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Translated: "I support the position that totally fucks over the Ukranians, but will throw out a 'fuck Putin' to secure the plausible deniability" - can't play it both ways, comrade.
View Quote

"If you don't want to buy my baby diapers and formula, then you're guilty of child abuse and infanticide."
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"If you don't want to buy my baby diapers and formula, then you're guilty of child abuse and infanticide."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I don't want to speculate on your level of education, but with such an awful analogy... oh boy. I will just say bless your heart. But, let me try to break it down. In your analogy, the bad actor is the mother of the baby. But, clearly Russia is the bad actor in the Ukranian invasion crisis. So what you're essentially saying is that Russia can accuse us of supporting the genocide in Ukraine if we don't provide the Ukranians with support. Lol, gonna go out on a limb and say you're not trying to make this point, but that's how your analogy flows. Do better next time please.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What

@billygoat69

Quoted:

You mean like post proof anonymous users vote Democratic? Can’t.

But if you’re supporting the unaudited flow of resources to an un-winnable war then yes, you are very liberal. Ukraine will not win. They are dying and suffering, and yes, killing Russians. But when this escalates more and more russias rockets will flatten ukraines cities. When this reaches Kiev it’s done. The only chance Ukraine has is with air support and no country is going to do that.

How do you keep Russia from moving forward in the future? You destroy them from within. Maybe, just maybe that will happen if more Russians revolt and that’s the only positive possibility from the proxy. But how do we know what’s really going on? You can’t trust our government and you can’t trust the media.

Yeah, rockets and missiles are really unaudited

If they weren't making it to the front lines we would know it.

Who am I trusting, again? Making assumptions?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How *DARE YOU*. He should have donated that $112 to Ukraine! *ALL DISPOSABLE INCOME* should be donated to Ukraine!

Anything less, and you're a TRAITOR!!!
Heck, I even think everyone should be selling their own organs!

The US Government seriously needs to CRIMINALIZE people who arent enthusiastic enough about their support for Ukraine! IF you're the last man clapping for Zalenski... you should be sent to a FEMA CAMP!
A DOLLAR SPENT ON YOURSELF IS A DOLLAR SPENT FOR PUTIN!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More embellishing in leiu of attempting a salient point. So sorry that the $112 has you triggered. I'm sure my tax burden is higher than yours and I'm sure I donated more than your tax burden in the form of extra cash on top. So, you're welcome

I spent that much on some polish doughnuts the other day. I guess everyone is entitled to spend their money on stupid shit. For me, doughnuts was better money spent than Ukraine but to each their own.

Thank you for spending your hard earned dollars to support a local small business with your doughnut purchase. I wouldn't call that purchase "stupid shit" nor would I call supporting Ukraine stupid either.
How *DARE YOU*. He should have donated that $112 to Ukraine! *ALL DISPOSABLE INCOME* should be donated to Ukraine!

Anything less, and you're a TRAITOR!!!
Heck, I even think everyone should be selling their own organs!

The US Government seriously needs to CRIMINALIZE people who arent enthusiastic enough about their support for Ukraine! IF you're the last man clapping for Zalenski... you should be sent to a FEMA CAMP!
A DOLLAR SPENT ON YOURSELF IS A DOLLAR SPENT FOR PUTIN!

Thank you for providing a measured, level-headed, and well thought out response to me complimenting someone for supporting a local small business. Clearly you're a man that has the respect of his peers and is the toast of any room he walks into.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, america being humiliated and embarrassed and our National pride being thrown in the gutter is good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My theory is that after the disaster in Afghanistan there is a contingent of conservatives that will latch onto anything displaying American superiority. Right now that is weaponry used against Russians. It doesn't matter to them that domestically we're failing as a nation and we look incredibly weak to the rest of the world.

What use is it to fight for freedom overseas,... while we lose it hear at home?

We're probably only a few short years behind the UK, where they arrest people for saying things as innocuous as "Chicks dont have dicks".
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Russians love seeing people like you post stuff like this FYI. The 'neutral' position is the pro Russia position.
View Quote
"You're either with us,... OR YOU'RE WITH DA TEWWOWISTS!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank you for providing a measured, level-headed, and well thought out response to me complimenting someone for supporting a local small business. Clearly you're a man that has the respect of his peers and is the toast of any room he walks into.
View Quote
Says the guy who thinks anyone who isn't 100% in support of escalating this war, is a fucking Russian.
Says the guy who insists that any criticism of the US government is tantamount to treason.

Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Ukraine to press allies for more military aid at Brussels meeting

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that he expects a positive response on Wednesday from Western allies in Brussels to his requests for a rapid increase in military aid as the country's cities faced more Russian missile strikes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-vows-strengthen-its-armed-forces-after-major-russian-air-strikes-2022-10-10/
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Need to work on the rng, npc's keep landing on "10% for the big guy" and "Fuck Putin Fuck Zelensky"
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Says the guy who thinks anyone who isn't 100% in support of escalating this war, is a fucking Russian.
Says the guy who insists that any criticism of the US government is tantamount to treason.

Give me a fucking break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a fucking break.

lol, Russia escalated the war by invading Ukraine. Ukraine is in the process of de-escalating them back to their borders with the help of our weapons. Over 60,000 de-escalated Russian soldiers thus far!
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
This conflict is reminiscent of Vietnam and how it divided the USA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Look, I don't want to speculate on your level of education, but with such an awful analogy... oh boy. I will just say bless your heart. But, let me try to break it down. In your analogy, the bad actor is the mother of the baby. But, clearly Russia is the bad actor in the Ukranian invasion crisis. So what you're essentially saying is that Russia can accuse us of supporting the genocide in Ukraine if we don't provide the Ukranians with support. Lol, gonna go out on a limb and say you're not trying to make this point, but that's how your analogy flows. Do better next time please.
View Quote

LOL. Keep trying, but try something new next time. Why dwell on education instead of dwelling on the validity of the post?  BTW, you should get a tuition refund if you're actually "educated" (you can donate it to Ukraine). The analogy was spot-on. I could only improve on it if I included that the payment came at the point of a gun. Most importantly, you missed that you're the bad actor.

Yes, I am feeding the PM4E troll.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We don't have to.

I know I am.

View Quote

"they have a drop in ability to procreate." lol say that in Slingblade voice and it sounds only slightly dumber.  "uuhm hmm, hope them all have a drop in ability to procreate, uuhm hmmm."
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, what makes you think the printer won't roll off some billions more for the Dem's and their agenda?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL. Keep trying, but try something new next time. Why dwell on education instead of dwelling on the validity of the post?  The analogy was spot-on. I could only improve on it if I included that the payment came at the point of a gun. Most importantly, you missed that you're the bad actor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Keep trying, but try something new next time. Why dwell on education instead of dwelling on the validity of the post?  The analogy was spot-on. I could only improve on it if I included that the payment came at the point of a gun. Most importantly, you missed that you're the bad actor.

Umm I literally broke down your little analogy point by point, and your response is "actually I'm right." Alright then, if you want to try to punch above your weight class, keep trying I guess. But for now, remember: Russia Bad. USA Good. Ukraine Good. USA helping Ukraine. You're welcome
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Not that this will change any minds, the stupid will continue licking windows and reminding us how little they care of current geopolitics but good post anyway.
View Quote

The way geopolitics are trending it's brown pants time for our freedoms.  We have giant problems here.  Keep giving people your backside that's dangerous ese.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Umm I literally broke down your little analogy point by point, and your response is "actually I'm right." Alright then, if you want to try to punch above your weight class, keep trying I guess. But for now, remember: Russia Bad. USA Good. Ukraine Good. USA helping Ukraine. You're welcome
View Quote

Um, yeah. You sure did, champ.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol. These threads are filled with morons who have no understanding of geopolitics and monetary policy.

Tax dollars aren't paying for this. In reality land, we're paying with printed money; US treasury bonds bought by the Fed.

If you want to understand why the US absolutely cannot withdraw from the world and go isolationist like most of GD wants, you need to read about Nixon's decision to end the convertability of US dollars to gold, fiat money, reserve currency, and the petrodollar. To make our money valuable, we made a deal with the Gulf States to sell their oil in dollars, thus turning the dollar into the world's primary reserve currency. If the Russians or Chinese ever managed to usurp control, say goodbye to your savings, say hello to hyperinflation, and say hello to a depression that dwarfs the '30s.

In short, I'm absolutely willing to spend money to continue American hegemony and harm our geopolitical opponents, because I know what the alternative is.
View Quote

Spend more money and enact countless fucked up operations to perpetuate a fiction and a lie.  Did you write that limp wristed diatribe on your knees?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Spend more money and enact countless fucked up operations to perpetuate a fiction and a lie.  Did you write that limp wristed diatribe on your knees?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. These threads are filled with morons who have no understanding of geopolitics and monetary policy.

Tax dollars aren't paying for this. In reality land, we're paying with printed money; US treasury bonds bought by the Fed.

If you want to understand why the US absolutely cannot withdraw from the world and go isolationist like most of GD wants, you need to read about Nixon's decision to end the convertability of US dollars to gold, fiat money, reserve currency, and the petrodollar. To make our money valuable, we made a deal with the Gulf States to sell their oil in dollars, thus turning the dollar into the world's primary reserve currency. If the Russians or Chinese ever managed to usurp control, say goodbye to your savings, say hello to hyperinflation, and say hello to a depression that dwarfs the '30s.

In short, I'm absolutely willing to spend money to continue American hegemony and harm our geopolitical opponents, because I know what the alternative is.

The post lost any hope of credibility once he typed "isolationist."
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I believe zalenski has dirt on bidens and many us politicians corrupt dealings in Ukraine. If we don't keep funding their defense information gets leaked.

Europe should be paying for all of this if they really believe Russia is a threat to them. Which I don't think anyone really believes . Y'all just eat up propaganda.
View Quote

Ding motherfucking ding. This guy knows what's up
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silence is violence is what they came up with awhile back.

You're either with us or against us, fall in line.

You're social credit score is at stake
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who believe all that money is going solely to Ukraine and weapons is absolutely naiive
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ding motherfucking ding. This guy knows what's up
View Quote

There is too much at stake to let any Ukraines have information.  They can't blackmail anyone; that's not allowed.  They would already be dead, including Zelenksy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why do you think they need Ukraine to do that, and not the multiple hundreds of billions set aside for student aid? Are you truly naive enough to believe we need another country's assistance for our leadership to pilfer the treasury?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because Ukraine has been used to launder us tax money for many years
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#42]
welp
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#44]

What's up Klaus from Top Secret!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

How would not financially supporting the war in Ukraine cause the petrodollar to collapse? You didn't explicitly state it would, but it's somewhat implied that it's part of the dominoes falling or starting to fall.

Would Saudi Arabia start taking payments for their oil in other currency besides the USD if we went isolationist?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:43:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This conflict is reminiscent of Vietnam and how it divided the USA.
View Quote

Who fueled the divide here at home?

Hint: They really liked red
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How would not financially supporting the war in Ukraine cause the petrodollar to collapse? You didn't explicitly state it would, but it's somewhat implied that it's part of the dominoes falling or starting to fall.

Would Saudi Arabia start taking payments for their oil in other currency besides the USD if we went isolationist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite possibly. Pax Americana is a thing. The US has globe spanning power (and a history of using that power to maintain its interests), and this helps cement it as the global reserve currency I.e. petrodollar.

Going isolationist likely means letting another power fill that vacuum, and running the risk of someone else setting themselves up in that number one spot with all that entails.

The only other nation who could step into that role is China. Does the US really want them calling the shots globally?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#48]

??????????

Let the kill each other for free.  Not our problem.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Yet another European.  You want someone else to do the needful while you sit back and enjoy the benefits.  Move to Germany or one of the other EU countries that don't hold up their end of the NATO alliance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top