No thank you.

Lemme know when Top Gun 3 comes out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Brooke Shields ?!

Yikes.

I watched the trailer and was thinking……why did they pick this rough-looking woman for the lead.  I didn’t even recognize her.  Damn.

Will not watch.
View Quote

Yeah time has not been kind to her nor has her acting improved very much
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh, saw a few ads for that movie, didn't watch a single ad through, and wasn't really paying attention to it.  Thought it was a buddy cop type movie.

Didn't see anything that made me interested before I learned it was a gay romcom.  Less interested now.  I'm sure the error is mine.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 FPNI. I have no desire to watch two dudes kiss or worse. Still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. Probably never will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Hollywood.  Not everyone supports faggotry.
 FPNI. I have no desire to watch two dudes kiss or worse. Still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. Probably never will.

I'll admit, when I heard about it, I DID google Anne Hathaway's tits in Brokeback Mountain.

That's the only bit I've seen of the movie
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol.

I'm not afraid of homosexuals in any way.  I just am not interested in seeing
a movie about two gay dudes.

I don't think I saw any marketing at all for this movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol.

I'm not afraid of homosexuals in any way.  I just am not interested in seeing
a movie about two gay dudes.

I don't think I saw any marketing at all for this movie.

Same. Wasn't aware of it.

But hey, try to market/pander to, what, 3-4% of the population? And then cry about why 98% of the population aren’t interested (including, apparently,
people in the LGBT community) ?

I mean, you could make a movie about how a tax accountant files taxes for single dads with 2 or more kids. Doesn't mean anyone else would GAF to watch it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same. Wasn't aware of it.

But hey, try to market/pander to, what, 3-4% of the population? And then cry about why 98% of the population aren’t interested (including, apparently,
people in the LGBT community) ?

I mean, you could make a movie about how a tax accountant files taxes for single dads with 2 or more kids. Doesn't mean anyone else would GAF to watch it.
View Quote

Insurance adjusters need their 15 minutes
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Link

Despite a $22 million production budget, an estimated $30 to $40 million promotional machine, Eichner appearing on every imaginable media platform and largely positive reviews from critics, 'Bros' only managed to take in a measly $4.8 million on its opening weekend.

Long story short — it bombed.

View Quote

Holy shit, they were sparing no expense to push the agenda with this one.   And I had no idea it existed until I see this stuff about Eichner lashing out this morning.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, I certainly wanted to got to a movie where the first ad I heard in my car started with "What ever happened to straight people?" "They had a good run."

Anyway, my wife and I were laughing about this last night. She ran the numbers on the box office take and you can pretty clearly see the alphabets didn't bother going to it either.
View Quote

They did the group is just much much smaller than they really think and report as being.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Hollywood.  Not everyone supports faggotry.
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Make yo movie 'bout Hoes....not Bros....mo peoples will goes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]
OFFS really
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
We need to go back to the glory days of 90s lipstick lesbians.  Guys will definitely watch lipstick lesbians.  Ladies will at least tolerate it.  Two dudes is the reverse dynamic.  Women don't get aroused seeing two guys going at it, and heterosexual men have the same stress response as seeing maggots.  Yes, if a movie is exceptionally good then people may see it despite the sex, but the heterosexual audience isn't going to see it because of the gay sex.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Grievance is sure a big industry these days.

It's good to be on top of the pyramid.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ummm..dude...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I go to the movies to see movies that I want to see.

That said the last one I saw in the theatre was Kingsmen II

I only saw that because the girl I was seeing at the time wanted
to see it.

ummm..dude...

Seems clear cut to me. He didn't want to go see Kingsman II, but he did because the girl he was seeing wanted to go see it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Gee, is water wet?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
so you made a film catering to 7% of americans and were shocked when no one saw it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We need to go back to the glory days of 90s lipstick lesbians.  Guys will definitely watch lipstick lesbians.  Ladies will at least tolerate it.  Two dudes is the reverse dynamic.  Women don't get aroused seeing two guys going at it, and heterosexual men have the same stress response as seeing maggots.  Yes, if a movie is exceptionally good then people may see it despite the sex, but the heterosexual audience isn't going to see it because of the gay sex.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/OIP_jpg-2549420.JPG  
View Quote

Elle Macpherson lesbian scenes one of my ex wife’s favorite 1990s films
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I never even heard of it.

Which is too bad, because if I had heard of it, I would have skipped that one on purpose instead of happenstance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do straight men actually ever go to romantic comedies?

I don't know any...
View Quote

You don’t know any straight men?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#23]

He seems stable and open minded.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

my ex wife’s new husband is bi she posts pix on her social media and brags about both of them sucking cocks together It’s not like our daughter and son aren’t on social media or their friends and classmates
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two gay guys interacting is just gross,  I don't wanna see it.  Chicks really don't like it either.

my ex wife’s new husband is bi she posts pix on her social media and brags about both of them sucking cocks together It’s not like our daughter and son aren’t on social media or their friends and classmates

I definitely could have done without knowing that. Fucking degenerates.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
If I want to watch two gay dudes, I’ll just pick any two random posters in a 1911 thread and watch their posts.

Glock 19 #1

RIP DanTSX

Max Hardcore is not a crime.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I definitely could have done without knowing that. Fucking degenerates.
View Quote

Tell it to my kids
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So it's the bird cage? Sounds gay
View Quote

The birdcage was at least entertaining. Robin Williams made every movie great.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Any plan for a successful movie release that starts with you telling half the population that you hate them and don't want their money, is pretty much doomed from the start.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I heard Brokeback Mountain was a good movie, too. I didn't see that one either. Why would a straight guy

go watch a movie about gay men?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
It would be one thing if Hollywoke learned something from this empirical evidence

Oh wow, I guess only gay men want to watch a rom com about gay men.  Even lesbians didn't go watch the damn thing

But no, to them it's proof straight men are evil?  Good luck weirdos.  

Name a business other than politics where you can succeed by constantly telling your customers they are stupid and immoral?  

Expect continued financial pain in the entertainment industry until this shit changes.  Ask Jeff Bezos how he's feeling about his $1billion woke Tolkein disaster show.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It would be one thing if Hollywoke learned something from this empirical evidence

Oh wow, I guess only gay men want to watch a rom com about gay men.  Even lesbians didn't go watch the damn thing

But no, to them it's proof straight men are evil?  Good luck weirdos.  

Name a business other than politics where you can succeed by constantly telling your customers they are stupid and immoral?  

Expect continued financial pain in the entertainment industry until this shit changes.  Ask Jeff Bezos how he's feeling about his $1billion woke Tolkein disaster show.
View Quote
Name a business? Government taxation
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Elle Macpherson lesbian scenes one of my ex wife's favorite 1990s films https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bK5pmX4A8
View Quote
You had me at Elle Macpherson lesbian.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He came in the backdoor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He came in the backdoor.

Ba-zing!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Link

Despite a $22 million production budget, an estimated $30 to $40 million promotional machine, Eichner appearing on every imaginable media platform and largely positive reviews from critics, 'Bros' only managed to take in a measly $4.8 million on its opening weekend.

Long story short — it bombed.

View Quote

60million and they only make 5mill

Imagine being the moron who greenlights funding shit like this @Geralt55 @Ryan_Ruck
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Says the guy trying to force his sexual orientation into our lives.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't watch movies about fags and minorities - sorry.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Who wants to see a movie about cock sucking butt fuckers?

There is a new AIDs commercial on HGTV that is just disgusting.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The entity who quoted me was baiting.

No one who has lived any sort of life, and has any level of empathy, is unaware of the many closeted males and females living destructive lives out of their own fears and often self loathing.

It’s not 1950. At least not where I am.

The fact that the movie wasn’t popular has less to do with the subject matter than it having a very narrow target audience. It’s just another example of a group taking “our turn at the trough” presenting things as they perceived them instead of actually thinking it through. A remake of “The Big Chill”, “St. Elmo’s Fire”, or “Singles” that reflected the current times (with another new name) and interwove the same gay male issues would have had broader reach. Instead they chose to make a gay male centric film portraying explicit gay male acts and are doing their best to assume the victim’s role because it didn’t sell.
View Quote

Baiting. Riiiiiiiiight.
Hate to tell you, but there are plenty of people who still think if someone is married and has kids they aren't gay.
Some of them are on this very site.

It's clear you aren't one of them tho.
My apologies.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
so you made a film catering to 7% ONE PERCENT of americans and were shocked when no one saw it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You had me at Elle Macpherson lesbian.  
View Quote

Can’t post the nudes unfortunately but easy to do a search online and find themAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll admit, when I heard about it, I DID google Anne Hathaway's tits in Brokeback Mountain.

That's the only bit I've seen of the movie
View Quote

You're doing God's work, sir. I didn't know that scene existed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I avoid LGBT biased movies.
And this one sounds like a Monkeypox documentary!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Believe it or not, I don’t choose to see particular movies because every lead actor is straight, so why should I go see this movie simply because every main character is not?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The entity who quoted me was baiting.

No one who has lived any sort of life, and has any level of empathy, is unaware of the many closeted males and females living destructive lives out of their own fears and often self loathing.

It’s not 1950. At least not where I am.

The fact that the movie wasn’t popular has less to do with the subject matter than it having a very narrow target audience. It’s just another example of a group taking “our turn at the trough” presenting things as they perceived them instead of actually thinking it through. A remake of “The Big Chill”, “St. Elmo’s Fire”, or “Singles” that reflected the current times (with another new name) and interwove the same gay male issues would have had broader reach. Instead they chose to make a gay male centric film portraying explicit gay male acts and are doing their best to assume the victim’s role because it didn’t sell.
View Quote

Management is always at fault. When leaders rule by fear, the chain of command is afraid to report potential problems. My guess is that the marketing department was afraid to tell the CEO that the film would flop, or the CEO didn’t listen.

Then again, the film has a 90% critic score and 91% audience score. Once word gets out, it could become a sleeper hit on streaming services among people who don’t want to be seen watching it at the theater.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I haven’t kept up on info as it doesn’t fall into my sphere of interests but in the 1990s gay male population was estimated at 2% of the population by the University of Chicago and current younger generation is estimated to have the highest gay male population which was supposedly 5% of those aged 40 and younger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was watching some sports thing on ESPN 2-3 weeks ago, and EVERY fucking commercial break they showed the trailer for this movie.  It looked like some weirdo art house flick, and I couldn't believe they were promoting that garbage so hard.  Fuck ESPN and all this agenda driven "entertainment".  

I don't believe the 3-5% bullshit is even close, more like 1% or less.  The rest are just hangers-on that just want to help stick it in everybody else's faces because that's how that entire political group operates.

I haven’t kept up on info as it doesn’t fall into my sphere of interests but in the 1990s gay male population was estimated at 2% of the population by the University of Chicago and current younger generation is estimated to have the highest gay male population which was supposedly 5% of those aged 40 and younger.

Maybe so, I've run across a few in my lifetime, but very few, that I know of.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Tell it to my kids
View Quote

Sounds like ammo for custody/alimony adjustments
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry, not gonna pay to see a film about alternative lifestyle choices
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry, Hollywood.  I think I saw the preview and said to myself, "That's gayer than 87 dudes fucking 87 other dudes."  Instant no from me, that's just how bigoted I am.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top