Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
no way id let cops tell me that without producing what i am accused of.

no holes in a house?  then BB's didnt hit a house.  no warrant, cant come in my house to see if they need to stop me from doing anything.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

but I never heard that I could not shoot BB guns on my property - all measly 1/4 acre, but I have 6 foot tall solid wood fence on all sides...

[/rant]

Yeah, this is actually little known, but very common within cities and even entire big shitty thinkin' counties.

For the most part, it seems nobody gives a fuck...

Until you run into that asshole neighbor. Sorry bout your luck.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Most cities do not allow the discharge of a firearm in city limits. And yes... They count BB guns as a firearm in many of them.

They do where I live...
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I gotta say, if some guy was shooting out a window with my house in the background, I wouldn't be too joyful about it. Just what I want is my windows and potentially safety in the hands of some dude's marksmanship, sweeping the shit out of my living room windows as he goes from a ready position to aiming at the target.

Your noodle, fuckng use it. Go outside and shoot toward your own damn house.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This is almost like a thought crime, coming after someone for what they might do or say. Wait until they guys breaks your window before freaking out,

Nah, I don't want to deal with a broken window, schedulling contractor, taking time off to be home to let them in, etc. What if it's not my window? What if it's my dog's eye? What if it's my kid's eye? Morons are the reason we end up with 50,000 laws. People can't figure out bad ideas on their own, so they have to pass laws defining every bad idea.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Honestly dude, it sounds like YOU are the reason we end up with 50,000 laws.

Because people like you would rather just ban the shit outta everything instead of "dealing with" anything.

That's how your post reads anyway.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything is against the law now. It really makes me sad to see what this country is becoming. Fucking nanny land.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Most cities do not allow the discharge of a firearm in city limits. And yes... They count BB guns as a firearm in many of them.

Some of those ordinances taken word for word essentially make it illegal to throw a snowball.  Anything that could/would be considered a projectile.  

Never, ever stick the barrel out a window.  I thought everyone knew that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Move to free state.

Wasn't legal in parts of VA till last year.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fucking morons!

working from home this afternoon and to relax, I shot couple BBs from a little daisy rifle I have sitting in the office room.  shot from 2nd floor windows, to the old ammo can sitting on the ground across backyard in the corner of solid wood fence 6 feet tall.

5 minutes later - 2 squad cars, 3 cops at my door - "did you shoot BB gun from the window?"
- "yes, is there a problem?"
- "yes, neighbor called on you - that you were sticking rifle from your window and he has 2 holes in his siding"
- "well, come to my office, take a look at what I was shooting at"
I showed them the BBgun, the ammo can that I shot at, they looked over my office - the gun cases in the corner, the safe, the hunting/shooting swag, checked my FOID card, and then told me that I can not shoot BBs on my property outside, can only do it inside the house!

they left and told me "not to do it again" and never told me which nejghbor called and where were the holes... I am super pissed... and need to so some research - I am in suburb of Chicago, in Cook Fucking County, but I never heard that I could not shoot BB guns on my property - all measly 1/4 acre, but I have 6 foot tall solid wood fence on all sides...

[/rant]

FOID card???...MOVE!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
everyone here said about the barrel stuck out, but actually, after I checked where I standed and where I aimed - I realized that I never did stick the barrel out, the barrel always stayed inside. I think I know who was the neighbor - there is a house accross the fence, his backyard connected with mine. they are down the hill and the house is a ranch, so he could see straight up my windwow, I was shootin standing inside, pointing at about 40 degrees down to the ground of my own backyard by the fence that divides our backyards. I was checking out his windows couple time and saw him moving and checking my windows once. the funny thing is that his house has cedar siding - not the vynil or aluminum, so there is no way he could have holes in it from my small Daisy BBs@

I know he has a grudge against me from few years ago - he built the 6 foot fence between our backyards without a permit, which is against village regulations - only 5 feet tall is allowed. later that year, I decided to build the fence on remaining 2 sides of my backyard and had the building inspector come over for permit, and he saw the violation and he was called for hearing and ordered to lower it. I appealed the decision and actually at the end he was allowed to keep the fence and I was able to match his fence hight around the rest of my backyard, but he was still pissed
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you had done something illegal they would have arrested you.

Don't worry about it.

That's terrible advice
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top