Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I do, learn to paint in 30 minutes!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob Ross could have driven a trash truck and he would have made throwing household refuse into the back of a truck a magical and wonderful experience worthy of being shown on TV.  

RIP Bob.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did some digging and found my attempt at a Bob Ross painting.  I don't remember which episode this was from, but it was a great drunken night

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/ryan_jarvis3/Random%20shit/IMG_0745_zpsa5890e6a.jpg
View Quote

Actually, I quite like that
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The world would be a happier place if Bob Ross was given a prime time slot. I don't even care that everything would be reruns. That dude was like a strange mix of Valium and Prozac. He was visual and auditory weed. I'm pretty sure you could play that show for a crowd of angry muzzies, and they'd set down their AKs and pick up paint brushes and the Middle East would instantly be covered in happy trees and fluffy clouds and bubbly streams.
View Quote

Bob Ross was the only person I know who could make a whole room full of drunken soldiers sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up and just stare in amazement.

Every now and then you'd hear a "Dude! No!  Not a house!!"  someone else would say, "Nah, Man, don't sweat it, Bob's got it covered."

Sure enough...Bob pulled a win every single time.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Did some digging and found my attempt at a Bob Ross painting.  I don't remember which episode this was from, but it was a great drunken night

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/ryan_jarvis3/Random%20shit/IMG_0745_zpsa5890e6a.jpg
View Quote

DUDE!  THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!  I WOULD TOTALLY HANG THAT IN MY ROOM, NO SHIT1!!!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#6]
No surprise that Bob Ross would be popular here; believe he joined the Air Force in 1959, and they adopted the AR-15/M-16 in 1962.

He spent 20 years in the service, retired as Master Sergeant, so he could have given AR15.com members lessons in more things than just painting!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I remember well.  I used to dial him in on channel 9 when I was a kid.  I loved the show but have zero artistic ability.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I remember well.  I used to dial him in on channel 9 when I was a kid.  I loved the show but have zero artistic ability.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw him between channel changes, all 7 of them... he was on what we called UFH.

This! Many of you fuckers know nothing about this!

UHF or VHF!

All of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+

He is definitely my favorite painter of all time. Could watch him paint a happy little tree for hours.

How is he viewed by art critic douchebags? Are his paintings valuable? Since I like his style....I bet not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Found this on the facespace

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#10]
he made that shit look easy.

no matter how many mistakes i made, they were never happy.

somehow deep down i came to realize bob was some kind of bad ass secret squirrel guy.

the calmest quietest dudes in the room are the ones to look out for
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I heard he was a sniper in Vietnam and has like 500 confirmed kills
View Quote
I keep getting conflicting data whether he or Mr. Rogers was the sniper or the spotter for the other.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top