BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do realize he didn't actually write any of those books....
View Quote
No, they don't. They believe he's an accomplished author, a self-made billionaire, a stable genius and a highly successful president.

Detrumpification is going to be tough for many. So much emotional investment into all his bullshit. 30 years from now there'll be folks who are still convinced, like the Waco survivors who still think maybe Koresh was the messiah.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
A SOTU Trump rally would be good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The President is supposed to address Congress. That's the purpose of the State of the Union.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think some of Arfcom have been in an echo chamber too long. The majority of Americans do not support building a border wall. Read that again.  If you don't believe that, then look at the actual polling data.  Not just the one poll that came in at 51%, but the other polls that show support for a wall at less than 40%.  And if your response to this is "fake news" then where is the data that shows a majority of Americans want to build a wall.

Trump's approval rating is also declining.  While Congress's approval rating (as an institution) has fallen even further, it does not seem like this has translated into a comparable fall in the approval rating of individual congress members.

I do not believe that Trump offered to make DACA permanent or give a path to legal residency for DACA recipients.  I believe he only offered three years of no enforcement targeted at DACA recipients and an extension of temporarily protected status for certain groups that are fleeing violence (like the Hondurians).

If Schumer wanted to be a real dick, he would submit a bill that allowed for the building of the wall but only using funds received from Mexico and designated by Mexico as being for the wall, plus the GoFundMe money.
View Quote
You lost me at 'actual polling data.' I think you've had enough internets for tonight grandpa.

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, they don't. They believe he's an accomplished author, a self-made billionaire, a stable genius and a highly successful president.

Detrumpification is going to be tough for many. So much emotional investment into all his bullshit. 30 years from now there'll be folks who are still convinced, like the Waco survivors who still think maybe Koresh was the messiah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he didn't write those books himself. However, his philosophies are embodied in those books.

Did either of you read any of them?

Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, he didn't write those books himself. However, his philosophies are embodied in those books.

Didn't think so.
View Quote
Those aren't his words. A ghostwriter wrote a book, he stamped his name on it, and went on a bunch of pressers taking credit for it. He's no more an author than anyone else on ArF... The mental gymnastics you guys have to do to defend the guy are spectacular.

As a side note: I have read the Art of the Deal... it's mostly nonsense that people who actually do negotiate for a living dismiss - even if it was written by someone else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Didn't think so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't think so.
I read President Trumps books.  Makes it pretty obvious when he is doing what he is doing, why he is doing it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol...how many shares will this post receive when this poster is proven embarrassingly wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this is a "fighting" retreat

the next position to fall back to is the government reopening without wall funding.
Lol...how many shares will this post receive when this poster is proven embarrassingly wrong?
I'm sure he'll be wrapping up his surrender speech with news of wall funding any moment now
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
this is a "fighting" retreat

the next position to fall back to is the government reopening without wall funding.
View Quote
ahem
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ahem
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder where XxbatraiderxX went
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nevertrumping is hard work.
View Quote
Though not quite as hard as OrangeManGood'ing these days.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top