Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazing. The SC crowd states why it is needed but the rest of GD who doesn’t deal with it squeal.

It’s unsafe, period.
View Quote

I’ve seen it firsthand more than once. It’s a shame it took a law to correct a common sense issue. But, here we are…
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I understand there was nothing on the books that specifically addressed squatted/lifted trucks like this.

What's confusing me is that I assume there are existing laws that address poor visibility out of a motor vehicle, and laws that address bumpers being raised to high, and unsafe alterations to vehicles, etc.  

I don't have a problem with going after unsafe vehicles.  I am just wondering why new/more laws are being passed, when it seems very likely that existing laws on the books could presumably address all of the safety issues.

But, perhaps this makes more sense.  I dunno.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are there not existing laws on the books related to safety?

There was nothing on the books that prevented someone squatting a truck until now. SC isn’t the first state to do it. I believe NC and VA both did it within the last couple years. The squatted truck thing is a legit safety hazard. I saw accidents all the time around town from these guys

I understand there was nothing on the books that specifically addressed squatted/lifted trucks like this.

What's confusing me is that I assume there are existing laws that address poor visibility out of a motor vehicle, and laws that address bumpers being raised to high, and unsafe alterations to vehicles, etc.  

I don't have a problem with going after unsafe vehicles.  I am just wondering why new/more laws are being passed, when it seems very likely that existing laws on the books could presumably address all of the safety issues.

Most of what you are talking about are restrictions placed on the manufacturer and sale of a highway vehicle.  The rest would only get caught in the yearly inspection if they were stupid enough to not modify the truck back to sanity before the inspection.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Bet they don't apply it to the Mexican roofing crew that has the bed of their truck overloaded by 2,000lbs...

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Most of what you are talking about are restrictions placed on the manufacturer and sale of a highway vehicle.  The rest would only get caught in the yearly inspection if they were stupid enough to not modify the truck back to sanity before the inspection.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was nothing on the books that prevented someone squatting a truck until now. SC isn't the first state to do it. I believe NC and VA both did it within the last couple years. The squatted truck thing is a legit safety hazard. I saw accidents all the time around town from these guys

LOL! you said yearly inspection. We don't do that down here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping for some more Darwin awards with them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Next they need to go after the Cleveland steamer.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
My favorite thing about squat trucks:
Guy runs himself over with squatted truck
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]

thats_racist.jpg
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My favorite thing about squat trucks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJx6a4-LhqU
View Quote

I’ve never not laughed at that one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never met a single person who thought the squat was anything but peak douchebaggery.

I’m trying to figure out to whom this actually appeals….
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While I agree with this, it’s the assholes who do this to their trucks and then add million giggawatt bright LED headlights.  Those fuckers are aimed directly at passing motorist’s eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First they came for the trucks i dont like

I think its a dumb trend too but we live in a free country and need less dumb laws

While I agree with this, it’s the assholes who do this to their trucks and then add million giggawatt bright LED headlights.  Those fuckers are aimed directly at passing motorist’s eyes.

This is precisely what pisses me off.  Those ignorant fuckers can look like cum guzzlers all day long and I couldn't care less, but when they blind me because of their faggotry, then I get pissed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1715/butwhy-567616.gif

I am so glad to hear that police in South Carolina have solved all of the serious and important crimes, and can now focus on idiotic bullshit like this.  

Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

Did SC LE enact the law?  Not did they support it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I always thought that was kind of stupid, but at least they can claim they did it to get more tire.   Better to cut the axles and tub the fenders, but it's more expensive.  And they aren't making it so they can't see over the hood.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like a CoC for the road?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Stupid as fuck.

Not worth getting LE involved.

Just like bump stocks....
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#17]
i thought this was craping on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]
i mean, it's gay as three dudes sharing a tub, but law against?  If someone wants to look like a moron homo, why not let them?

I don't get having a law banning it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i mean, it's gay as three dudes sharing a tub, but law against?  If someone wants to look like a moron homo, why not let them?

View Quote

Been explained about two dozen times.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yay more overreach.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe it's changed, but before I left FL in 2020, those dumbass trucks were usually driven by some idiotic redneck kid with a flat brimmed hat.
View Quote

It's the same here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Their daddy pays the insurance and tags on said truck. They will care.
View Quote

correction, sir.

step-dad.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was hoping for some more Darwin awards with them.
View Quote

The problem is the people getting hurt aren't the retards doing this to their trucks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The law isn't because they look like morons, the law is because it's dangerous to others. I don't give a shit if some idiot redneck kids looks stupid, I do give a shit if he hits my wife and kids because he can't see over the hood of his dumbass truck.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I’ve seen them pulled over before this law was passed. I don’t know what law was cited, but “unsafe vehicle” isn’t apparently clear enough for some of our neighbors.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Do we need to discuss how when you operate a vehicle on Public roads then yes it is reasonable to pass laws and regulations to ensure their safe use as intended.

If you think this law is dumb. Then how come I can’t decide to use a highway as my own personal shooting range?  Or shut it down in protest!

You are still welcome to squat your truck on your own private property.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#28]
For all the mUh fReEdUm crew those POS trucks are unsafe as fuck.

You cannot see the first 100' in front of you.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's funny as hell. Thank you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was nothing on the books that prevented someone squatting a truck until now. SC isn't the first state to do it. I believe NC and VA both did it within the last couple years. The squatted truck thing is a legit safety hazard. I saw accidents all the time around town from these guys

I've never had a yearly inspection in my entirety of driving, and have lived in multiple states.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Living in the upstate I have only saw one or two of those.
Must be a thing somewhere else in the state.
View Quote

I see them occasionally in the Columbia area but I think they are more common along the coast... Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

I honestly don't know which looks stupider... squated trucks or the people still driving around wearing a surgical mask.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Stupid overreach.

This vehicle is also illegal in SC.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#33]

If they make the overall width of the passenger vehicle exceed 8 feet, they are technically illegal under current laws, apparently. Enforcement is likely left up to officer judgement.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've never had a yearly inspection in my entirety of driving, and have lived in multiple states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don’t even have that faggotry in IL and the.gov of IL loves faggotry.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Monkey see, monkey do...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#36]
why?  who cares if you wanna be a potato and do that?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1715/butwhy-567616.gif

I am so glad to hear that police in South Carolina have solved all of the serious and important crimes, and can now focus on idiotic bullshit like this.  

Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

It was not a defined safety issue. It now has a definition.

Like having an obstructed windshield is a defined safety issue.  Having mis-adjusted headlights is a defined safety issue.

This was not a defined safety issue and thus, needed a definition added to it.

(Note this is not me saying more laws is right or wrong, simply that they added further definitions to what is unsafe.)
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What if you have a truck bed full of gravel?
View Quote

If your truck is like that, with a bed full of gravel, you would be massively over weight. Thus, safety issue and you would be red tagged for it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I've seen some that just look stupid. I've seen some that are flat out beyond unsafe and should not be driven on public roads.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think it looks stupid as hell but this nanny state shit is tiresome.
View Quote

Quoted:
Yay more overreach.
View Quote

Quoted:

Drive somewhere else if you're scared.
View Quote

Bunch of flat brim coal rollers in here. If you can pull it off while not blinding everyone on the road I agree with you. But do you think the assholes care?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I didn't know you could make a truck look like it's getting fucked by its uncle, but, by God, you Carolina boys managed to pull it off.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay more overreach.

As others have said, unsafe for others on the road. Don't see the overreach on this one.

You got truck nuts hanging on yours don’t you???
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It’s unsafe.

The driver can’t see and in an accident the front of the truck is often over the body of the other vehicles. They then smash the other car above the safety features like bumpers, reenforcing in doors and airbags deployment sensors.
View Quote

Maybe, but I've never seen one involved in an accident around here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#44]
On the one hand, I hate governmental regulation.

On the other this trend is criminally retarded.

I’m torn.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Freedom is scary. South Carolina has a lot of freedoms and a lot of retarded laws...and also a lot of retarded flat brim kids and a lot of retarded Yankees that "did it different back home".

There's no where left to go for freedom.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People that drive this shit probably aren't going to pay the fine or give two shits about driving on a suspending license.

I'd be surprised if they had enough insurance to even cover the damage to someone else's vehicle if it was only a fender bender.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Never understood this at all.  Doesn’t look good or improve anything.
View Quote

It’s the equivalent of wearing pants below the buttocks, as a certain demographic has been inclined to do.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don’t disagree with this. I lived in SC for years and got really tired of this bullshit. All the time I’d see these dudes in accidents or running over shit because they can’t see what’s in front of them. It’s definitely a road hazard not to mention how stupid and pointless it is.
View Quote

I fail to see the difference between a 4" lift all the way around and a 4" lift in just the front, other than one is indicative of the "right" kind of "culture" and the other is the "wrong" kind.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Now do the wankers from Nebraska down to Texas
crabbing down the road at 95 mph with their
wheels offset eight inches beyond their bodywork
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It’s unsafe.

The driver can’t see and in an accident the front of the truck is often over the body of the other vehicles. They then smash the other car above the safety features like bumpers, reenforcing in doors and airbags deployment sensors.
View Quote

So tell me how that's different than a 4" lift over 35" tires, especially with a hobbit behind the wheel??
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top