Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 728
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mustang-Man:

One store 45min away from me shows 1 at $124, $15 cheaper than the youth Savage after rebate. Between the 2 rifles which is the better deal?
View Quote
I don’t have any experience with either rifle but if I had to chose I’d pick the Remington.  But take that with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tier1bro:
anyone still waiting on the federal ammo rebate? i am at 10 weeks now submitted 8/31/2018  
View Quote
I submitted well before you. Mine was "approved" relatively quickly, but still says "processing".  IE they haven't sent the check yet, but they will eventually, lol.

fwiw it's been over 8 weeks just since mine was approved, let alone when I mailed it and they received it
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:45:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soju] [#3]
Originally Posted By ben123:
I bought a weatherby vanguard in 270 for a good hunting rifle. I was surprised to see that it had a nice crisp two stage trigger. Don’t know much about weatherby, for $250 it was a good buy.  any body hunt with weatherby rifles?
View Quote
I took this boar with my 270 vanguard topped with a Nikon Monarch 3 within a few hours of zeroing it. Very happy with the combo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hoplite:
After 2 months searching for that thing at stores listing in stock within 90 min of here, i found one in miami and bought it for 45.  After looking at it the next day, the damn lid was warped and wouldnt close right.  I didnt think twice about the reason the lid was open while on the shelf.  I returned it and gave up on the big guy.  Im happy with the 2 26qts i purchased.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hoplite:
Originally Posted By Ras_Thavas:
Dexter shows the 73 qt coolers discounted also.

https://www.dexterclearance.com/getClearance/061282513374
After 2 months searching for that thing at stores listing in stock within 90 min of here, i found one in miami and bought it for 45.  After looking at it the next day, the damn lid was warped and wouldnt close right.  I didnt think twice about the reason the lid was open while on the shelf.  I returned it and gave up on the big guy.  Im happy with the 2 26qts i purchased.
You should of had it replaced under warranty... or at least had them send a new lid- they are goo at that too I believe. Likely gonna be a while before ya find that deal again...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a weatherby vanguard in 270 for a good hunting rifle. I was surprised to see that it had a nice crisp two stage trigger. Don’t know much about weatherby, for $250 it was a good buy.  any body hunt with weatherby rifles?
View Quote
I held out and went back and got a .308.https://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=squote&b=1&f=5&t=2034658&tl=-Official-WalMart-Clearance-thread-&r=75522285&page=220# I was also surprised about the trigger- makes me wish I would have gotten the 243 that was available at first also :) They are made by Howa for Weatherby- basically a copy of the rem 700 series and a good rifle to boot! lots of reviews
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
One store 45min away from me shows 1 at $124, $15 cheaper than the youth Savage after rebate. Between the 2 rifles which is the better deal?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By officerX:
Maybe already posted.

Remington 770 Youth Rifle with Scope, .243 Win, $150
I have bought both the above rifles on clearance and the savages are way better then the remington 770s.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
How accurate is Dexter Clearance? It shows 2 of the Savage youth .243's about 45 minutes from me, but Brickseek doesn't come up with anything on SKU or UPC.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there any current rebates on the Savage Axis Xp rifles now? Quick search didn't turn anything up.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#9]
Originally Posted By sp3worker:
How accurate is Dexter Clearance? It shows 2 of the Savage youth .243's about 45 minutes from me, but Brickseek doesn't come up with anything on SKU or UPC.
View Quote
Is there any current rebates on the Savage Axis Xp rifles now? Quick search didn't turn anything up.
View Quote
Dexter is accurate.  If you’re not logged into Brickseek it won’t give you any results.  Yes, there’s a $60 rebate on the AXIS ZP, 11/05-12/02, if I remember correctly.

R9840
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Dexter is accurate.  If you’re not logged into Brickseek it won’t give you any results.  Yes, there’s a $60 rebate on the AXIS ZP, 11/05-12/02, if I remember correctly.

R9840
View All Quotes

R9840
Thanks man! Looks like I'm making a Walmart run when I get out of the stand.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By daChickenman:
Savage 93f
View Quote
I got lucky and my mom was in the area of this store today so I had her check for me. She just called to tell me they had it tagged for $199 but when they scanned it, it came up $49 so she is buying it now along with a muddy girl pink 243 for my niece to hunt with.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]
First thanks so much for sharing all the deals....

I have a favor, if anyone can get a hold of an extra HP omen desktop 870 i would gladdly pay for computer plus shipping and throw in some ammo too...9mm, 22lr, 38sp, 17hmr, 223, 5.56.

Please let me know, it would be for my son for xmas. Ty
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:01:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#13]
Originally Posted By it20:
First thanks so much for sharing all the deals....

I have a favor, if anyone can get a hold of an extra HP omen desktop 870 i would gladdly pay for computer plus shipping and throw in some ammo too...9mm, 22lr, 38sp, 17hmr, 223, 5.56.

Please let me know, it would be for my son for xmas. Ty
View Quote
Clarksville, IN 47129 shows one in stock for $299.  Who knows if it’s really there.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Trying to find some cheap ammo for the 308 and 30.06 rifles I just purchased. Picked up some of the Federal PS that has the rebate and reached the 10 box limit. Seen some of the Fusion but it shot back up to regular price, which grain weight was going for $5 on both calibers ? Also didn't Federal Deer Thugs get clearanced out last year ? Local store has 20 boxes of 30.06 in 165 gr and a couple of other boxes of Winchester silver tip and bonded ammo in 30.06 all priced from $23 to $35
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got one of the 870 black synthetic 12 gauge for $125.

Showed up, asked about it bc I saw it was marked down to $139 per dexter. Kid at the counter said they didn’t have any guns marked down on clearance. I politely asked if he could have the Dept manager come over so I could talk to him. He writes the UPC down and heads to the back. 20 min later he comes out with a box but says he has bad news. The very end of the barrel was marred up and almost looked like someone tried to put the barrel in backwards.

I’m sure he seen the pissed off look on my face. He offered to take it down to $125 just to get rid of it. I said, “I’m just thinking outside the box here but since barrels aren’t serialized can you just swap it out with another 870 barrel”?

He said sure and did just that. Told me he’d leave it at $125 since he already told me that too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingstrider] [#17]
Stopped to get the 243 muddy girl this morning and expected to waste another hour or more.  Fortunately the department manager was there so the whole process only took 20 minutes.  My daughter has a birthday next month and will like the color combo.

I also found some Winchester 45 acp ammo for $5/box.  I don't recall seeing this posted before and it doesn't show as available in my area so was probably buried in the back somewhere.  Too bad they only had the 3 boxes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kingstrider:
Stopped to get the 243 muddy girl this morning and expected to waste another hour or more.  Fortunately the department manager was there so the whole process only took 20 minutes.  My daughter has a birthday next month and will like the color combo.
https://i.imgur.com/YE4pZ6ch.jpg

I also found some Winchester 45 acp ammo for $5/box.  I don't recall seeing this posted before and it doesn't show as available in my area so was probably buried in the back somewhere.  Too bad they only had the 3 boxes.
https://i.imgur.com/OfvVIknh.jpg
View Quote
Your ammo link doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#19]
The link is on the OP.

Your ammo link doesn’t work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kingstrider:
https://i.imgur.com/YE4pZ6ch.jpg

View Quote
fixed link
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cankles4Prison] [#21]
Scarborough ME

I think I already posted the 300wsm, but Fusion 270wsm was $10.   I didn’t take it.

I did get 10 more Suprema buckshots for $2 each.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Cankles4Prison:
Scarborough ME

I think I already posted the 300wsm, but Fusion 270wsm was $10.   I didn’t take it.

I did get 10 more Suprema buckshots for $2 each.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484786/2E067F36-9B0C-4030-A24C-BDEC8476798E_jpeg-734469.JPG
View Quote
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38303206
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
That Fusion ammo grouped perfectly out of my Weatherby in .270 with a 3-9x Buckmaster, all of which I got from this thread.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stumbles:
That Fusion ammo grouped perfectly out of my Weatherby in .270 with a 3-9x Buckmaster, all of which I got from this thread.
View Quote
Yeah me too lol.  This one is WSM though
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah me too lol.  This one is WSM though
View Quote
Haha! Reading comprehension and all...my mistake.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to go pick up one of the Axis Youth .243's today. Took the sporting goods guy about a half hour to come up with it. Did my background check and got delayed. Been probably 15 years since I've been delayed and of course the store is 4.5 hours from home. Going to wait it out and see. Fortunately I'll be back down next weekend, hopefully be able to pick it up then.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]

It was in the one of the June updates to the OP. I tried half a dozen stores that BS said had stock and none were ever found.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Went after a Savage BMag that showed in stock at my local WM. $74. It's on layaway and I guess hasn't been moved from inventory.  If I looked at the Savage site correctly there is a $50 rebate on the B series and I thought I would end up with a $24 rifle lol.  She took my name and number in case the person doesn't pick it up from layaway.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ace-of-Based] [#29]
View All Quotes
Scarborough ME

I think I already posted the 300wsm, but Fusion 270wsm was $10.   I didn't take it.

I did get 10 more Suprema buckshots for $2 each.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484786/2E067F36-9B0C-4030-A24C-BDEC8476798E_jpeg-734469.J
Dang I wish I saw this earlier. I went down to Biddeford to get some more of that 62gr 5.56 and was only able to pick up 1 of the 5 boxes it shows they had because they cant find the rest of it. I could have got that WSM for my pops on my way back. I also tried to get the 25 dollar lenovo tablet they have but again no luck even though the guy did open all of the cases under the laptop displays and look out back for it. Under the laptops they have on the angled display opens and they had all kinds of stuff under there. Demo tablets mostly. I guess that is where they just go to die.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:18:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cankles4Prison] [#30]
Originally Posted By Haoleb:

Dang I wish I saw this earlier. I went down to Biddeford to get some more of that 62gr 5.56 and was only able to pick up 1 of the 5 boxes it shows they had because they cant find the rest of it. I could have got that WSM for my pops on my way back. I also tried to get the 25 dollar lenovo tablet they have but again no luck even though the guy did open all of the cases under the laptop displays and look out back for it. Under the laptops they have on the angled display opens and they had all kinds of stuff under there. Demo tablets mostly. I guess that is where they just go to die.
View Quote
I went there as well looking for a Roomba 680.  No luck.

They still have the 2 Rem 870’s there for $139.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve only joined the forum in the last couple of months and have had several great finds. My gun safe is getting tight these days.  The one area that I keep striking out is electronics.  The oversight of this category just sucks around my home.  Finally found a store with 4 of the Hiseng TVs. Feelin pretty pumped headed over there today. Get to the store and then it begins again.  After I break out the Ebonics translator on google I get the same answer. Ain’t got no TV like this at this price. They sold already when the markdown started.  Can’t keep no TB like this for $250. I’ve gone to store after store with non-gun limited stock showing in brickseek and have yet to find the item.  Welcome any insight anyone can give on breaking thru on this
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Huntmaster2:
The axis II XP (with accutrigger) is $139 after the rebate. I could also pick up the Weatherby Vanguard Select for $249. Is the Weatherby worth it over the Axis II XP? I'm most likely going to replace the scope on the axis anyways, so it does not add much value for me. Mostly looking at using it as a deer rifle so sub MOA is not the most important to me. I have heard the stocks are terrible on the Savages (very flimsy/bad feel)?
View Quote
The weatherby is a well made conventional rifle, high quality and accurate. The Savage Axis is basically a throwaway rifle. They have a very cheap synthetic stock, plastic magazine and made a cheaply as possible.  They were the first of the throw away style rifles, similar to the Ruger American etc. They are accurate, and serve their purpose but they couldn't hold a candle to the Weatherby rifle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Off dexter. fyi not the newest xbox model:
Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Bundle, White $199
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
They are great rifles. The Vanguard Series 2 have that good adjustable trigger.  There are one of the best buys on the market at full price.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Axis
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#36]

R9840
View Quote
Is that the problem? I have never found anything on Dexter? So I have to have a brickseek account and be logged in?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RMK-Man:

Is that the problem? I have never found anything on Dexter? So I have to have a brickseek account and be logged in?
View Quote
Yes, you have to register for a Brickseek account.  They have free ones, you don't have to be a paying member.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, I struck out on the AXIS Muddy Girl .243 at my WM today.    BS showed Limited Stock 0, so I was sure they had one, just like the 30-06 and the 6.5 Creedmoor I bought.  The Sporting Goods guy that sold me the first one, that has been an employee for 20+ years and has always been very helpful, told me he didn't think they had one as soon as I told him what I was looking for.  I just figured he hadn't seen this one and was certain in was in the back.  He gladly went to the back to look for it and came back 15 minutes later, empty handed.  I'm certain he looked for it, it only took 5 minutes for him to find the first one I bought.  He then looked through the log on their computer and couldn't find it, checked all the layaways in case someone had forgotten to move it over, but said it wasn't there.  He took my name and number and said he'd have another guy look for it when he came in next.  I guess it could have got entered into the system incorrectly or something like that.  Oh well, my wallet is better off with him not finding it.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Local store has all kinds of extension cords on clearance. Only picked up a few of each of these, but check your store, there's all kinds on clearance.

Hyper Tough 50ft Extension Cord - $3.50

Hyper Tough 6 Outlet 15ft Metal Power Strip Yellow - $4
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Just found a 200th Anniversary Edition Remington 870 for $180 (normally $600), The tag was only showing $344 but when I put the UPC in brickseek it came up as $180 and rang through their system as such.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=184959453
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mr_Sandman:
Just found a 200th Anniversary Edition Remington 870 for $180 (normally $600), The tag was only showing $344 but when I put the UPC in brickseek it came up as $180 and rang through their system as such.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=184959453
View Quote
Remington Arms Rem 200th Anniv M70 12ga Shotgun
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

Showing ls at a store a few hrs away. 349$
View Quote
None near me or I’d be all over it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

It's a 2hr drive. Don't have a reason to go down. What is so special about them?
View Quote
Just a wood stock with some special checkering and stuff.
Page / 728
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top