Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 728
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I got two of the wolf ss 50 cal. with scope for 124 each today.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn’t think it would be there, but the wife picked up a GoPro this morning!  Going to put it next to the turkey decoys this spring, hopefully get some cool footage.

Not sure what it would be, but are there any accessory packages for GoPro’s out there worth the money??

I’ll say it again, thanks again to everyone that’s contributing to this thread!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought Arfcom got its pressure washers for free from WM?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 4:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 19Cohiba75] [#5]
So after the let down on my search for the elusive GoPro 5 and only finding a GoPro Hero 2018 for $49, I found out there is a hack on the firmware for this one to turn it into a GoPro 5 Happier than a pig in its own slop !!! Takes it from 10MP to 12MP and from 1080p only to 2.7 and 4K  with GPS and a bunch of other options. They say they are the same camera just the options are locked out for the cheaper entry level Hero 2018. A search of the inter webs will lead you to the patch, I found some tutorials on YouTube.

Also just got an email that my Savage rebate just shipped today !!!! Put in for the rebate the first day it was offered.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a ton of the Winchester Drylok marked down ~50% off.  Several family members will be receiving $50.00 rebate checks.  At checkout, I broke it down into several transactions and the young lady at checkout informed me that hunting was “illegal” in our state.  . She was innocent about it, but so uninformed.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a case of the Winchester 2.75" steel shot in #2 and in #4. I thought I was going to get a case of the Dri-Lok but they could not find it in the store, and I had a few people who were actually looking for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strikeforces:

TY!
I thought so...sons a bitches shorted me $15....I know i submitted 10 boxes.  The card and paper they sent didnt' have a damn phone number on it.

Gonna have to Google it i guess.
View Quote
I submitted 10 boxes and they sent me 1 $15 and 1 $35 gift card, both in separate letters so you probably have the $15 buried somewhere in the rest of your old mail or it was lost/stolen by USPS. But they probably sent it...probably.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I paid $45 for this pit boss 2 smoker this morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mattellis2:
View Quote
Cerakote/Duracoat oven?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
hadn't thought of that...kinda planned on using it for a smoker!  I have a BGE as well, but sometimes its a pain to mess with charcoal.  If this thing produces adequate results, I'm OK with it.  Also want to try to cold smoke cheeses.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wingmanchris:
More Meat Snacks!

Jack Links Tendercuts Prime Rib $1

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=44933294
View Quote
Thanks.  I bought several yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#14]
Originally Posted By BlackFootBlaster:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackFootBlaster:
Originally Posted By wingmanchris:
More Meat Snacks!

Jack Links Tendercuts Prime Rib $1

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=44933294
I went to both of my local Wally's yesterday to pick these up. One showed 26 in stock and the other 27. They couldn't find any of them. Not once has either of my local stores been able to find a single one of the close out items despite showing multiples in stock every time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FiremanBrad:
Didn’t think it would be there, but the wife picked up a GoPro this morning!  Going to put it next to the turkey decoys this spring, hopefully get some cool footage.

Not sure what it would be, but are there any accessory packages for GoPro’s out there worth the money??

I’ll say it again, thanks again to everyone that’s contributing to this thread!!!
View Quote
I too am looking for an accs. pack for the hero 5.   I want a pic mount.  I said last page that mine was having battery issues...turns out I must of left it on or something the first night.  It runs perfect now, and I'm very happy with it.   Love how you can talk to it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Went looking for one, missed out.
Did find these though
$5.00 wifi thermometer
Attachment Attached File

Putting in the number on the receipt finds nothing.
Found them on BS by name, the BS SKU is different.
More Walmart weirdness.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MonkeyFist:
Did find these though
$5.00 wifi thermometer
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86631/2019-01-21_10_31_30_jpg-816217.JPG

More Walmart weirdness.

add a zero in front of the second number on the receipt and it is the upc.  check the upc box in brickseek and you can find it using the number off the receipt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MonkeyFist:
Did find these though
$5.00 wifi thermometer
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86631/2019-01-21_10_31_30_jpg-816217.JPG

More Walmart weirdness.

add a zero in front of the second number on the receipt and it is the upc.  check the upc box in brickseek and you can find it using the number off the receipt.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#18]
hadn't thought of that...kinda planned on using it for a smoker!  I have a BGE as well, but sometimes its a pain to mess with charcoal.  If this thing produces adequate results, I'm OK with it.  Also want to try to cold smoke cheeses.
View Quote
It won’t compare to your egg.... I use a smoker tube couple charcoal on top of wood and still not anywhere close to a real smoker
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone had luck trying to contact the store through email and bypassing employees?

Looking for those little led work lights for $5 and the store says it has 60+. Employees are no help. Same store had a bunch of the closeout shotgun ammo but they just aren’t willing to look for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]
call to confirm stock

arrive

deal with lazy employees and managers who don't want to look

great
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#21]
It appears Brickseek doesn't know quantity anymore . Not interested in paying for it as nothing I look for is ever in stock despite saying so

eta. maybe its just the wifi thermometer above that doesn't work. Other items do
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:
call to confirm stock

arrive

great
View Quote
you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#23]
call to confirm stock

arrive

great
View Quote
NEVER EVER CALL. all you do is alert the employee to the deal and they buy it themselves or have some do it for them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Anyone had luck trying to contact the store through email and bypassing employees?

Looking for those little led work lights for $5 and the store says it has 60+. Employees are no help. Same store had a bunch of the closeout shotgun ammo but they just aren’t willing to look for it.
View Quote
I’ve showed up to a store where I knew ammo was, went through my normal spiel with a dum-dum employee not  able to find it and had them tell me that only the manager knows where it is at which point I left a note with SKU’s and quantity I wanted along with my name and phone number and returned later to pick it up. That’s actually worked a few times for me
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By evnash:

NEVER EVER CALL. all you do is alert the employee to the deal and they buy it themselves or have some do it for them.
View Quote
it doesn't matter, have had them do the same thing in person
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

True, but at least you don't give them time to convince themselves to do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
look around the store and look for someone with a support manager tag or someone walking around in a tie with a hand scanner.  support managers have been the most helpful to me, but when you interrupt the manager or asst store manager and show them that their scanner does in fact show them in stock, they are much less willing to fall into the "inventory must be off" excuse since inventory is ultimately their responsibility.  i have had a lot of luck circumventing associates that are unwilling to look.  Usually when you show back up in the department that you just left with the manager in tow, it's amazing to see how helpful the aforementioned associates become.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#28]
You really need to be nice at your regular stores and try to foster a good relationship with clerks and managers.
I have a guy in sporting goods who will go above a beyond to look for and find stuff for me.
At another store i have an assistant Manager who i ask for and she will help me out as well.
I have left my contact information and both will call me later if they look for and locate something.
Print out the barcode and description along with your # and with those two they have called me back on a number of items.

If you call all you will do is alert a drone who will set it aside for themselves.

Also if you go into a store I will usually fine someone in another Department to scan the barcode first and verify it still shown in inventory.
I will also ask for the name of whoever is working in the Department I will be heading to.
When i get there I tell them that someone else already scanned it, verified it is supposed to be there and can they help me find it.
That usually helps a lot, also if they are busy go out of your way to wait until they are finished helping by telling them you are not in a hurry.
I find they are a lot more receptive to helping you in most cases.

My .02 but it seems to help me in my searches....
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gimmeammo13] [#29]
Originally Posted By fixitmann:
You really need to be nice at your regular stores and try to foster a good relationship with clerks and managers.
I have a guy in sporting goods who will go above a beyond to look for and find stuff for me.
At another store i have an assistant Manager who i ask for and she will help me out as well.
I have left my contact information and both will call me later if they look for and locate something.
Print out the barcode and description along with your # and with those two they have called me back on a number of items.

If you call all you will do is alert a drone who will set it aside for themselves.

Also if you go into a store I will usually fine someone in another Department to scan the barcode first and verify it still shown in inventory.
I will also ask for the name of whoever is working in the Department I will be heading to.
When i get there I tell them that someone else already scanned it, verified it is supposed to be there and can they help me find it.
That usually helps a lot, also if they are busy go out of your way to wait until they are finished helping by telling them you are not in a hurry.

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gimmeammo13] [#30]
Originally Posted By fixitmann:

View Quote
a few $5 subway gift cards to give to extra helpful associates to buy them lunch for helping has gone a looooooooong way towards building goodwill for me in my local local walmart. it's only $5, it shows the associate you appreciate their help, and they remember you when you walk up next time.

eta sorry for the double post the first quote acted wonky
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
call to confirm stock

arrive

great
I've had really good luck calling and asking for a manager. It can backfire on you but it's worth a chance for the stores that you normally wouldn't drive to unless you know for sure they have an item.

As my first experience with calling, I drove an hour to a store that showed a few clearance Mossbergs and a 10/22 in stock. Gun counter employee "checked" in back and was confident they didn't have them. I watched brickseek for a few days and it still showed them, so I called and talked to a manager. I explained how I drove so far the first time for nothing. He found them and even agreed to call my cell if any of them sold before I got there. I finally arrived and the manager had the ones I wanted set aside for me already.

As another recent example, a store an hour and a half away showed a couple thousand of the clearanced Federal dove and game shotgun shells in stock. I called and confirmed they had them in back. They even had them in a cart waiting for me when I got there.

The managers I've dealt with by phone  seem to be eager to get clearanced items sold, unlike normal store employees that couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
I too am looking for an accs. pack for the hero 5.   I want a pic mount.  I said last page that mine was having battery issues...turns out I must of left it on or something the first night.  It runs perfect now, and I'm very happy with it.   Love how you can talk to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

I found a 26 pc kit on Walmart.com for 19.99.  Off brand but has quite a bit of stuff.
So, you can talk to the hero 5??
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#33]

I found a 26 pc kit on Walmart.com for 19.99.  Off brand but has quite a bit of stuff.
So, you can talk to the hero 5??
View Quote
Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, you just enable voice controls in the menu setting....and say "gopro" in front of "photo mode", or "video mode", or "capture video", or lastly "capture photo".
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Two stores near me have it listed for $45 but OOS, and a couple others have it listed for $89 with several in stock.

I don't have a smoker and my wife has wanted one for a while so I am tempted even at $89. Right now we "smoke" anything on our Weber grill with a wood chip box on the grates. I'll probably give these a couple of days to drop more before making the drive over, unless she wants to buy and then wait for a price adjustment if/when it drops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jonathon1289:

Two stores near me have it listed for $45 but OOS, and a couple others have it listed for $89 with several in stock.

I don't have a smoker and my wife has wanted one for a while so I am tempted even at $89. Right now we "smoke" anything on our Weber grill with a wood chip box on the grates. I'll probably give these a couple of days to drop more before making the drive over, unless she wants to buy and then wait for a price adjustment if/when it drops.
View Quote
Those series 2 for $89/$45 are nice, but look into the copperhead series 5. I picked two up on Thursday and between my buddy and I we have done chickens, brisket, pork butt and some burgers this weekend. All turned out great. I have an offset pit, but the vertical smoker is easier to deal with.

Also, the copperhead holds 60lbs of pellets. Good for over 24hrs of smoking. The series 2 only holds enough for 2 or 3 hours. Means a few refills on a 12 hour brisket cook.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=876324460
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View Quote
If employees are to lazy to help I just say get me the damn manager. That gets shit done in my experience
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#37]
FYI

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thoughtcrime] [#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ChaseB89:

Those series 2 for $89/$45 are nice, but look into the copperhead series 5. I picked two up on Thursday and between my buddy and I we have done chickens, brisket, pork butt and some burgers this weekend. All turned out great. I have an offset pit, but the vertical smoker is easier to deal with.

Also, the copperhead holds 60lbs of pellets. Good for over 24hrs of smoking. The series 2 only holds enough for 2 or 3 hours. Means a few refills on a 12 hour brisket cook.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=876324460
View Quote
Thanks - that series 5 is $199 at a store nearby. I'll take a look.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BossMaverick:

I've had really good luck calling and asking for a manager. It can backfire on you but it's worth a chance for the stores that you normally wouldn't drive to unless you know for sure they have an item.

As my first experience with calling, I drove an hour to a store that showed a few clearance Mossbergs and a 10/22 in stock. Gun counter employee "checked" in back and was confident they didn't have them. I watched brickseek for a few days and it still showed them, so I called and talked to a manager. I explained how I drove so far the first time for nothing. He found them and even agreed to call my cell if any of them sold before I got there. I finally arrived and the manager had the ones I wanted set aside for me already.

As another recent example, a store an hour and a half away showed a couple thousand of the clearanced Federal dove and game shotgun shells in stock. I called and confirmed they had them in back. They even had them in a cart waiting for me when I got there.

The managers I've dealt with by phone  seem to be eager to get clearanced items sold, unlike normal store employees that couldn't care less.
View Quote
On the guns, find someone with a Walmart scanner(not just their phone) to check inventory. If it shows as being in inventory on their scanner, it's almost certainly there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jonathon1289:

Thanks - that series 5 is $199 at a store nearby. I'll take a look.
View Quote
The series 5 should drop to $109 in the next few days.  I’d watch it.  Realize also that it’s a pellet smoker.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Its the first. one more availible at
Walmart Supercenter #4476
14501 Hancock Village St
Chesterfield VA 23832
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#43]
So my Walmart is showing a few in stock for $250.Would they be cheaper in store as shown above ($150)?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Did anyone end up with one of the Seville tall cabinets?  Would like to grab some for reloading supplies and ammo storage and would like some feedback on the strength of the shelves.  Also, if the doors can be set to swing from either side.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I picked up two of the Seville Cabinets. The shelves are rated for 50 lbs a piece. Two are frame shelves with more support (bottom and middle) and I've got probably 70 lbs on them. The two moveable shelves are thinner and I wouldn't trust them past their rating. The holes for the door are only drilled on one side, so it isn't reversible unless you're willing to do some modification.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By notinfringed:
I picked up two of the Seville Cabinets. The shelves are rated for 50 lbs a piece. Two are frame shelves with more support (bottom and middle) and I've got probably 70 lbs on them. The two moveable shelves are thinner and I wouldn't trust them past their rating. The holes for the door are only drilled on one side, so it isn't reversible unless you're willing to do some modification.
View Quote
Doesn't sound like a good option for ammo/bullet storage. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 3:32:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SCvARminter:
On the guns, find someone with a Walmart scanner(not just their phone) to check inventory. If it shows as being in inventory on their scanner, it's almost certainly there.
View All Quotes

I tried but he wouldn't do it. He gave the reasoning that there are two inventory systems for guns and just because the main inventory shows it, doesn't mean they actually have it.

The guy was in his 70's and was actually the main guy for sporting goods at that store. He wasn't a hoarder for himself, he just didn't know and didn't care.

It's actually the store that made me learn to ask for a manager by phone. Whenever I called for sporting goods, either old guy would answer or other employees told me to hold for the old guy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Went looking for the GoPro Hero5 last night. Store showed two in inventory. When the associate opened the case none were to be found but I did spot two Hero HD cameras. The look on her face when they rang up at $49.00 each was priceless.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Not necessarily always the case.  the store inventory and the actual gun inventory that the stores use as their atf bluebook are seperate.  If they show in stock, and the department folks insist that it isn't ask them to check the actual gun inventory.  not all of them will, but i've had department managers go through every gun showing in stock with the book, and found several that just didn't exist in the real inventory but still show in the store inventory.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Searched the last 5 pages this morning and not one deal near me in BIRMINGHAM.

I must be doing something wrong
Page / 728
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top