Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 727
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gimmeammo13:

if you get one of the scoped models, when you are ready to sell it, take the scope off and sell it unscoped.  the konus scopes retail for around $100 and sell for $40 to $50 easily
View Quote
I have one on one of my AR builds. Bought it on the EE for $30 or $35. Good scope for not a lot of money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
This damn thread is saving me so much money. While I was spending 250 picking up a bunch of black powder shit, I saw a bear pledge. Since I've been wanting to get into archery, I decided to read a few pages back and convince myself that I should get it too. I'll probably go pick it up today and spend save so much more money today.

What other basic archery essentials should I be getting with this? I know nothing about archery.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Any of y'all that got a Savage Axis without the Accutrigger... Try one of these kits. Significantly reduces the creep, slop,and pull weight for a great price. Easy install.

Not affiliated at all, just a happy customer

https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
Any of y'all that got a Savage Axis without the Accutrigger... Try one of these kits. Significantly reduces the creep, slop,and pull weight for a great price. Easy install.

Not affiliated at all, just a happy customer

https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx
View Quote
Does anyone know where to find MCarbo coupon codes?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jeteye:
Does anyone know where to find MCarbo coupon codes?
View Quote
I have one at home... I'll Im you in a bit
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Question for the GoPro users; any products to attach this to a gun barrel?  My son wants to put mine on his BB gun.  Not sure if GoPro makes such a product or is there a 3rd party offering?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By atomicfacepalm:
Question for the GoPro users; any products to attach this to a gun barrel?  My son wants to put mine on his BB gun.  Not sure if GoPro makes such a product or is there a 3rd party offering?
View Quote
They make mounts for handlebars that may work as well as misc. mounts for round objects if you want to barrel mount. If you want to stock mount you would probably have to use one of the adhesive mounts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BadMonk:
Grabbed 3 Bear Pledges from a local store and a ton of arrows.
View Quote
I'm only keeping 1.  Any of you want to trade or work a deal on the others just send me a message.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmostAmos:
In the past 48 hours, I purchased 5 Bear Pledges, 150+ arrows, 5 releases, string wax, broadheads, field points, quivers, stabilizers, etc.

As we were walking out of the last store, my son said "Dad, our truck looks like that scene from Red Dawn."

View Quote
I hope you yelled "Avenge me!!!!" When he said that
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:
The Walmart in prosper Texas had several black powder guns on closeout at approximately 50% off.  Sorry but I couldn’t get the UPC’s.
View Quote
@DallasLooterShooter

Would it be worth the drive from north Dallas to check out?

Do you remember any brands?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RumbleTruck:
@DallasLooterShooter

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
The Walmart in prosper Texas had several black powder guns on closeout at approximately 50% off.  Sorry but I couldn’t get the UPC’s.
@DallasLooterShooter

I’m sorry, I don’t remember the brands.  The couple of employees I ran into seemed very nice and helpful.  Perhaps a phone call might be warranted before you make the drive up.

There’s a dicks and field & stream right next door if you end up coming up this way and feel like doing some trolling
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up a pledge this morning. Headed to the next town over to pick up a storm widnow i need to replace, even though they called me earlier in the week and said it was in they coudn't find it. So i decdied to swing by walmart and was the only one they had & sticker price still said $388. Picked it & a release up for 118 out the door. All of the arrows were on clearacne. Haven't bow hunted since i got devoriced & sold my shit when i moved back in town. Always enjoying shooting & figured was best time to get back in it. Thanks for the heads up on the score
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m sorry, I don’t remember the brands.  The couple of employees I ran into seemed very nice and helpful.  Perhaps a phone call might be warranted before you make the drive up.

There’s a dicks and field & stream right next door if you end up coming up this way and feel like doing some trolling
View All Quotes
@DallasLooterShooter

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Fwiw, Sam's club has lower prices on beef, mostly roasts. About a buck per pound less than average.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BiggyJ:
Are there any threads like this that have current information?

View Quote
Welcome to the internet
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
We moved last year so we’ve been trying to furnish a new home. So we’ve been to refinish some old furniture.

Seems like they’re clearing out the Citristrip Aerosol for $2 and Citristrip Gel for $3 around me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

Welcome to the internet
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Ya Hoo... I scored a new smoker at Wally World  today for $139 was $274 at Lowes they are $299
Zion IL Walmart they got 3 left

Oklahoma Joe Highland 879 sq in Smoker $139

Also scored the genuine Cover, Walmart clearance for $21
Amazon prime has the  covers for $19

All you guys looking for deals, keep checking, prices change.
Everyone be aware that the clearance marked price could be wrong, I found several deals cheaper than the marked price
Also note, Wally workers are Lazy, if you have one check price make sure they scan it, don't take their word for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Tried looking for clearance targets to shoot the new bow at but all my Walmarts in my area are sold out. So I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and picked up a Delta McKenzie Crossbow Speed Bag on sale for $49.99, normally $80. It's a good size 24"x24"x10" and meant for field tips only at max 400 fps.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I did the same, but did find a couple
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#21]
Stopped by my local Cabela's tonight to have them adjust the draw length on my Pledge.

The guy in the archery department was super nice, measured my draw length at a little over 28". The bow was set to 29" so he left it as is and let me try out a few different releases to send some arrows down range.

He even took the time to adjust the draw weight for me to see what I liked best. We settled on a 60lb draw and I put a few more arrows down range.

We got to talking about my setup and he about shit his pants when I told him what I paid for my bow. He showed me where they had the Pledge hanging on the rack for $499 and the Salute for $299.

Still gotta snag a release and some arrows and I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

We got to talking about my setup and he about shit his pants when I told him what I paid for my bow. He showed me where they had the Pledge hanging on the rack for $499 and the Salute for $299.
View Quote
Nice! I wanted to go to the Lehi store today also, but I was apprehensive, thinking maybe they'd ridicule my Walmart purchase.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KPtexan:
For those of you in North Texas, don't waste your time going to Anna looking for the Bear Pledge bows which are showing 2 in stock.  Got there this morning, and they were apparently "stolen" last week.
View Quote
That store has basically been a dry well for me
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kevin_Jensen:
Nice! I wanted to go to the Lehi store today also, but I was apprehensive, thinking maybe they'd ridicule my Walmart purchase.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

Go and chat it up with Renn, older guy and a bit heavyset, eager to help a newbie out and made a lot of thoughtful suggestions based on his experiences with archery.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:
Tried looking for clearance targets to shoot the new bow at but all my Walmarts in my area are sold out. So I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and picked up a Delta McKenzie Crossbow Speed Bag on sale for $49.99, normally $80. It's a good size 24"x24"x10" and meant for field tips only at max 400 fps.
View Quote
I'd rather shoot my new arrows into a tree than give Dick's a penny of my money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Found a crossbow sling for 7 bucks. When I opened the package, it is a single point sling very similiar to the ones you buy for an AR. Plus it has a Picatinny rail adapter included.
Killer Instinct Bone Collector is the name.
Wish I had bought every one.
View Quote
Got a UPC or SKU for that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:02:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Crappieitis] [#27]
Walmart Supercenter #523
4609 Nw Loop 436
Carthage TX 75633
(82.7 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
Quantity: 2
$69.0
Oklahoma joes  highland grill if anyones close   UPC: 099143018843
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm only keeping 1.  Any of you want to trade or work a deal on the others just send me a message.
View All Quotes
Grabbed 3 Bear Pledges from a local store and a ton of arrows.
PM coming inbound
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ScopeEye:

Ya Hoo... I scored a new smoker at Wally World  today for $139 was $274 at Lowes they are $299

Everyone be aware that the clearance marked price could be wrong, I found several deals cheaper than the marked price
Also note, Wally workers are Lazy, if you have one check price make sure they scan it, don't take their word for it.
View Quote
$69 in my ao
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
@BadMonk. Message sent, sir!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By astross89:

$69 in my ao
View Quote
Same for me but it shows 2 in stock, which means there are none.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Same for me but it shows 2 in stock, which means there are none.
View Quote
87% of things I looked for that said 2 in stock were nowhere to be found, but a couple times, including when I went looking for my pit boss smoker 2 were actually there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ruined some poor Walmart guys day.

Went to check on the bear pledge bow. Showed 1 in stock.

It was the display, I saw the bow asked a manager if they would sell it, he said yes, let me find a sporting goods guy.

Found a guy and he came over, manager was standing right there I asked him if he would sell it to me, very reluctantly said "I
Uh, yeah, I think. I guess I can"

So he releases the lock and scans it and kinda trips out.

"99 bucks?!?! Oh man, daaaang! Oh  man!"

He walks over and finds a slightly younger guy who's put together well and looks like a team leader or manager too

"Is this really 99 bucks?! I have been scanning this all week and it's been saying 388?!"

Dude just laughed and said "you've had a while to buy it,  you sure you were scanning the right bow?"

There is a salute right next to it that was still 388.

The guy doing the work was really mad. I felt bad buying it, he's been watching it and just messed up.

I tried to tell him to get the salute as it would fit him better (he's maybe 5'5" and I'm taller with 31-32" draw.)

The other manager said they haven't been told to mark it down and I told him every other store already had.

He said they normally don't carry that bow, but someone returned that one to them.

So I felt bad but I got the pledge. Seems like a great bow for the price. A lot better then my old Hoyt.

Can't wait to try it out. They had a bunch of arrows but they were all too short. The 31 were not clearance
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ScopeEye:

View Quote
I also picked one up this week.
WM workers still had it marked at $274. They didn't believe the price when it came up on their handheld price checker.
My cover was $15. They also had a lot of large bags of wood chunks for $3/ bag. I grabbed a bag of pecan. Probably should've  cleaned them out. They had pecan, apple and hickory.
I've been trying to locate one of these clearances for some time now. A lot of them listed on brickseek, but none in stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 19Cohiba75] [#36]
Went back to the Walmart that I picked up the Pledge from to see if they indeed had the Scott Archery Quick Shot Release for $9. BS and Dexter say they have five in stock but nowhere to be found. While searching I noticed a bunch of archery stuff thrown in the glass case where they keep the pellet rifles. They had a bunch of True Fire X-caliper II releases at $29.99, picked one up at another store for $5. Did not like this one as it was not spring loaded to close after it was released. Next to those they had True Fire Smoke Extreme normally $42.95 for $9, the archery shop I was at earlier had the same ones at $70 . This release is way better than the other, had the spring return and a buckle instead of Velcro strap.

Here are some of the things I found with their UPC's and prices I paid.

True Fire X-caliper II UPC 045437031487 $5
True Fire Smoke Extreme UPC 045437034365 $9
Bohning Stretch Fletch UPC 010847208507 $5
Nockturnal Lighted Nocks UPC 818322010184 $5
Bohning Signature replacement nocks UPC 010847222718 $3
Bohning Slim Peep Sight UPC 010847016683 $1.50
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By aperdue:
So out of the Bear Pledge and Salute, which one is the better bow? Looks like I may be able to grab either one.
View Quote
Pledge
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The only release in stock where I bought my Pledge, was a Mossy Oak Caliper for $4. Haven't tried it yet.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=233915183
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Just came back from the local Walmart where approx. 25% of the items in the camping section have been put on clearance.  Only one of the items showed a price reduction on Brickseek.  Don't understand why there is such a delay even though the Walmart app shows the reduced price.  I pay for the extreme and normally there is no delay.  Clerk said most of the items were marked down on Friday.  Anyone else seeing delays?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#40]
The only release in stock where I bought my Pledge, was a Mossy Oak Caliper for $4. Haven't tried it yet.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=233915183
View Quote
It's weird how BS says they are all out of stock on all the releases at this store but they had a bunch of the True Fire X-caliper, Smoke EXT and Allen thrown in a glass cabinet. Dexter said all out of stock also but after purchasing 2 of the Smoke EXT releases its count went to -2
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#41]
The small blue Ozark Trail cooler is starting to come down in my area!  Would love to find one for $17 like the last round went for!!!Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Picked up 6 gal of deck treatment today for $7/gal!!  Need to find about 6 more gal to complete the job!!!
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FiremanBrad] [#43]
Dupe
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Need some deals on arrow heads now! Got a pledge and some arrows but need tips! Both target and hunting boar heads
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#45]
2nd time is a charm, anyone pick up an extra pledge they want to get rid of? Of course I’ll cover shipping and a finder’s fee...
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Both DJI drones are on sale. The 600 dollar one is 400 and the 1400 dollar one is 799 . No I dont have the numbers but I found it on BS
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:41:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#47]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
Both DJI drones are on sale. The 600 dollar one is 400 and the 1400 dollar one is 799 . No I dont have the numbers but I found it on BS
View Quote
This guy right here is 33% off....Dji Spark Drone Alpine White With Remote Control Combo  $599 to $399.   Bunch of them by me.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=661467890

ETA:  Dang, that might be the first nice drone for me.   It says 1.2mi range.   16min. FT.   30mph +.

The range is the biggest thing that has kept me from spending the money for the mid tier drone stuff.  1.2 miles will cover most I what I want I bet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MateFrio] [#48]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
View Quote
Dji Mavic Pro $750 here.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54889431
DJI Mavic Air Drone in Arctic White as low as $600 here
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=546414713
Dji Spark Drone Alpine White With Remote Control Combo $400 here
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MateFrio:

Dji Mavic Pro $750 here.
View Quote
Thanks.

After watching some reviews they'll are great, but the 4k models are way better on my screen.  The Mavic Pro is the cheaper then the Mavic Air around me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MateFrio:

Dji Mavic Pro $750 here.
View Quote
Not a deal on the spark. That is the same as amazon price.
Page / 727
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top