Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I heard there was going to be a Predator prequel and I had a trace amount of interest.  The Predator (2018) was a shitshow, but Predators (2010) was surprisingly watchable.  But then I found out this new Predator film was going to be about a 5' 7" 120 pound Native American girl fighting a Predator in the 17th century.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/0d/9f/360d9f9b8792ee945f2ccd39ebd07e46.gif

Anyway, here is the teaser that came out today if you still give a shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGqcifonvs

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/90CEF3EB-D985-42C7-9D5B-C410E0E99567_jpe-2386433.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/BBBA9383-7EF9-4B8D-BD96-13F3E4839CDA_jpe-2386432.JPG
View Quote

I think she was in Hell or Highwater.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the hell?

Why?

Predator and Alien could both be awesome, but Hollywood just keeps raping the corpses.
View Quote

This! How could they run two great franchises in the ground.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lame. Thought it was gonna be about the backstory of the dead Green Berets that they find in the beginning of the first movie.
View Quote

That would be a great plot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Prey" is the story of a young woman, Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
plot twist: the predator becomes her protector after witnessing her being sexually assaulted by an european.
View Quote
I can see this being made into a movie
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Movie needs some titties... I've not seen this movie, but most movies are improved by tits...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I look forward to the Predator's trophy wall including a cherokee hair tampon along with other clay tool technology weapons.

Maybe we can get a Last Jedi style scene with some alien titties by way of a glow in the dark green milk lactating female predator?

Movie needs some titties... I've not seen this movie, but most movies are improved by tits...

Showgirls wasn't. The boobs were the only good part, and there weren't enough of them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tranny?
View Quote

The Predator is a tranny???
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
You MFers OBVIOUSLY don’t know Jack about Native American chicks. I dated one in high school that was TWICE AS MEAN as any damn predator and that was only 3 weeks out of the month.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn that is gonna be one epically shitty flick!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in a prequel with Billy's character from the first movie.
View Quote

How about Billy's dad and set in the '50s? Garands, 1911's and revolvers.

Quoted:
I watched cowboys and aliens. Ill watch this. Same catergory
View Quote

I also watched that and will probably end up watching this.

My order, best to worst, for Predator movies-
1. Predator
2. Predators
3. Predator 2, DG is a filthy commie but I think it's a decent movie
4. There are no other Predator movies.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Pansexual predator becomes a paki lesbian’s ally and helps they fight western imperialism and the patriarchy
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought that Predators only go for a challenge....

Didn't they learn anything from CW's Batwoman???

Yet, they keep on shoving the wokeness....

And like Terminator Dark Fate (where they shoot John Connor - AS A BOY!!!), they just "have" to make a female the "real" savior so bad that they had to do a prequel, to show that before guys with big guns (arms) like Arnold came around, sisters were the ones doing it for themselves...

I got a free trial of Hulu, but will not watch - as I gather they will be keeping score of how many views took place.

I'm so tired of this bullshit that it's not even funny anymore.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Omg get me to the choppa this shit looks ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#15]
My film?  

She dies with her warrior friend in the second minute.  A bald eagle lands on the corpse, surveying the land, with a magnanimous aura about it.

Credits roll.    

Ticket refunds given as you leave the theater, a pocket Constitution, MAGA hat, and a $50 card for gas.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Arnold and crew had a hell of a time but I'm sure she'll handle it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck hulu

As to the premise of the film, it seems to fit the "no modern weapons" of the first movie.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My film?  

She dies with her warrior friend in the second minute.  A bald eagle lands on the corpse, surveying the land, with a magnanimous aura about it.

Credits roll.    

Ticket refunds given as you leave the theater, a pocket Constitution, MAGA hat, and a $50 card for gas.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nothing woke about a 100 pound female beating a Predator.
View Quote

With sticks and stones.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Amber Midthunder was pretty great in the LEGION series, she was one of the best roles.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Not even a theatrical release?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My film?  

Credits roll.    

View Quote

Don't quit your day job
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

1. Predator
2. Predators
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Predator
2. Predators

What if this tribe is Billy's ancestors, and she's his however many great grandmother?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#24]
My version, very hot year so the tribe figures a predator will be back again. So they throw out a few people to get slaughtered while the tribe hides. The predator after killing all but the girl catches on that this was way to easy of a hunt this year. Works out a deal with the girl, she can live if she helps the predator find where the tribe is hiding. White men later show up and find the area unpopulated but for one native girl who quickly marries a sailor and moves to some place cooler.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My film?  

Credits roll.    

View Quote

Alternate Cut:

Girl and warrior friend get material character development through relational interaction and flashbacks.  The audience is vested in their futures.  They die 30 seconds into meeting the Predator, twenty three minutes into the film.

The girl's mother senses loss and slowly emerges from her teepee.  After the Bald Eagle's cameo, it flies over the mother and poops on her head.  Elizabeth Warren, so stricken by sadness, doesn't notice.

Credits roll.

Same gifts as people depart the theater.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not even a theatrical release?
View Quote

Hulu movie
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

1. Predator
2. Predators
View Quote

^this

The last film they released made no sense with the Yautja planning to invade Earth because of Global Warming and the supposed anti-Predator weapons that does nothing but Death Blossom Plasma cannon shots.     Totally went against their MO as hunters
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#31]
South Park - cherokee hair tampons commercial

cherokee hair tampons commercial
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Duh  The black face of white supremiacy

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but the Predator is a white nationalist MAGA (make aliens great again)

Aliens are black...
Duh  The black face of white supremiacy

You dudes joke but there is also a remake of The Man Who Fell  to Earth coming out -- guessed right, alien is a black guy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
“Prey” is the story of a young woman, Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior.

View Quote

.... and her journey from Milan to Minsk?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Aliens are black...
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:10:28 AM EDT
[#36]
It's called Prey and it's about an Indian fighting off an alien invasion?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Amber Midthunder was pretty great in the LEGION series, she was one of the best roles.
View Quote

I became aware of that series recently and actually tagged it not so long ago. The musical parts seem goofy but I'll check it out.

Quoted:
What if this tribe is Billy's ancestors, and she's his however many great grandmother?
View Quote

Sorry sir, we demand Garands and .357s.

Quoted:

^this

The last film they released made no sense with the Yautja planning to invade Earth because of Global Warming and the supposed anti-Predator weapons that does nothing but Death Blossom Plasma cannon shots.     Totally went against their MO as hunters
View Quote

Shit, was that the VA dudes teaming up movie? I thought it sucked but their quasi/fuck you bro/commentary was kind of funny.
I'm not so sure I trust my local, fellow VA patients. Yeah maybe they were the ultimate hard asses but damn, most of them are like 70. Maybe, just maybe, they'll FUCK YOU the fuck out of some alien bastards. I'll not be the guy to check their parking lot trucks...
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:49:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd like to see a movie based on the back story of the flint lock pistol the predator gave Danny Glover at the end of predator 2. I know they did a comic book about it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and I saw Cowboys and Aliens in the theater by myself. I enjoyed the movie. In fact, back in the day when the original came out I saw that one in the theater by myself too. My friends and I all got together for Friday night, drinking a couple beers and having food when they decided they wanted to check out the new New Wave bar which I had no interest in so I went to the movies instead. Predator turned out to be an awesome movie and that new wave bar turned out to be gay. I go see this film, probably as a matinee.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Does she actually beat the Predator?

Could be an interesting movie if it is just about a girl using her wits to escape being killed. She could use bushcraft and guts to do it. She’s kind of easy on the eyes, and I like the look of the cinematography.

But if she turns out to be an unbeatable warrior who improvises weapons to kill it, that’s a No-Go.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Predator
2. Predators

There will be further fan service in the form of an ancestor of Dutch, who upon seeing the evil ways of the white man, goes "Dances With Wolves"/ "Avatar" to help the natives before returning to Europe.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Gurl Power.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Pass
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Squaw power!
View Quote

Squad power is real!Her power doesn't come from her tribe or being native though.

In the next scene she is standing in the field, directly in front of the predator. Knowing she can't use brute force to defeat him, she unleashes her secret weapon. Pulling her straight black hair into a ponytail, she looks up at the predator with big doe eyes as she begins her assault.

Plot twist: The predator is actually her step-dad.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My film?  

Credits roll.    

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#46]
At least they could use a woman that doesn't look weak, like Emily Hunt in Edge of tomorrow.  

I guess they decided to go prequel, because she couldn't go 5 minutes with a 6-lb bare bones M4 without complaining how heavy it is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#47]
The low hanging fruit of success for me would not be a prequel. All I wanted to see from this franchise is this. Earth defenses corporate contractor, Weyland-Yutani, pick up a weird anomaly in Wakulla springs.(A swampy part of Florida). They send in a small rapid reaction force to investigate. They catch a group of Predators seeding the swamp with alien eggs. They fight the Predators where all the marines are killed or facehugged, but one. The Predators jam communication so the surviving marine can’t call for back up. He makes it to town and recruits a “Florida man” group, who then kick Predator and Alien ass. They use guns, pickups, alligators, and other Florida man weapons and drunken tactics to save the day.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The low hanging fruit of success for me would not be a prequel. All I wanted to see from this franchise is this. Earth defenses corporate contractor, Weyland-Yutani, pick up a weird anomaly in Wakulla springs.(A swampy part of Florida). They send in a small rapid reaction force to investigate. They catch a group of Predators seeding the swamp with alien eggs. They fight the Predators where all the marines are killed or facehugged, but one. The Predators jam communication so the surviving marine can’t call for back up. He makes it to town and recruits a “Florida man” group, who then kick Predator and Alien ass. They use guns, pickups, alligators, and other Florida man weapons and drunken tactics to save the day.
View Quote

An Alien/Predator version of Annihilation and Invasion USA!  I would watch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

With sticks and stones.
View Quote

She's obviously the Black Widow of the Navajo nation. A 100lb super fighter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#50]
But I thought ARFCOM loved Strong Female Leads.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top