Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For anyone thats interested, the 1 oz gold bars are available at Costco online again. At $1959 they're over spot but still way below the premium you'd find at any other online dealers. Plus if you have an Executive membership you get the 2% back, plus whatever credit card points you may have available. Both of those should bring it back down to at or below spot pricing.
View Quote
2% back on gold sales?

Yes please.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice. Did you use a cashback rewards card as well? That's a big savings right there.
View Quote

Can't, I tried and Googled how to - I would have to drive to Costco and convert it to a shop card and than do it. Costco is not close for me. Thanks for the thread!
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it have Kirkland stamped on it? That would be pretty cool.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Can't, I tried and Googled how to - I would have to drive to Costco and convert it to a shop card and than do it. Costco is not close for me. Thanks for the thread!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. Did you use a cashback rewards card as well? That's a big savings right there.

Still a good deal any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the rate of return on Gold?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were to buy an ounce of gold from costco for $1900 and wanted to sell it later where would I go? It seems like all the local gold dealers will only buy gold for half of what it sells for. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2% back on gold sales?

Yes please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For anyone thats interested, the 1 oz gold bars are available at Costco online again. At $1959 they're over spot but still way below the premium you'd find at any other online dealers. Plus if you have an Executive membership you get the 2% back, plus whatever credit card points you may have available. Both of those should bring it back down to at or below spot pricing.
2% back on gold sales?

Yes please.

Yes, it's about $78 on your Executive Rewards membership. Add in whatever percent you get back on your rewards credit card on top of that.  I just pay off the CC as soon as the charge posts so I get the rewards points.  That's another bonus about buying from Costco (although you're limited to 2 per membership). All of the online dealers charge a pretty hefty premium for using a CC, most of the prices advertised are for wire/check prices.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Limit 2
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lately.....zero  
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you know they are not fake?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Still a good deal any way you look at it.
View Quote

Very good deal. 2 day insured shipping and required signiture, should be here Sat.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'll find out when you try to sell them lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Witching sticks
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting to the Costco price history increase just of the last couple months
Gold Bar History
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a Veriscan code that links back to PAMP's website along with it's stamped serial number both on the bar and the assay card. After that, I don't think Costco wants to be known as the warehouse club selling counterfeit gold bars. They'd make it right.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I disagree. When I'm the new Lord of War after the complete fall of civilization, I will accept tribute in the form of 1 oz gold bars from Costco, cartons of Lucky Strikes, and wenches. Food, water, shelter and all that other shit takes care of itself once you've got the gold, smokes and Ho's.
View Quote
 Don't forget the beer!
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you buy in person in store?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For all of you dip shits saying gold will be worthless when the shit hits the fan, yes it may be, but it's when things start to get back to normal is when the gold will make you rich.
View Quote

If USD is worthless, there will be no back to normal.

Now if you have a few tons of gold…maybe make you rich.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can you buy in person in store?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Gold will be worthless.

Bullets, alcohol, medical supplies and fuel will be worth much, much more than any piece of metal...
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gold will be worthless.

Bullets, alcohol, medical supplies and fuel will be worth much, much more than any piece of metal...
View Quote

I tend not to think of the world coming to a complete end when factoring my investment choices. If you're relatively certain that we're all going to be living in Bartertown and fighting over the last drops of gas in a barren wasteland whilst wearing leather chaps and a thong, then I suppose your investment choices make sense for you.  I personally don't think thats going to be the scenario, but if I'm wrong, you're welcome to say "I told you so".
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, got one!
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I tend not to think of the world coming to a complete end when factoring my investment choices. If you're relatively certain that we're all going to be living in Bartertown and fighting over the last drops of gas in a barren wasteland whilst wearing leather chaps and a thong, then I suppose your investment choices make sense for you.  I personally don't think thats going to be the scenario, but if I'm wrong, you're welcome to say "I told you so".
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://hawaiicostcofinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/kirkland-sweatshirt-front.jpg
View Quote
should be stamped with images of hot young lululemon wearing Costco MILFs instead there big shooter.

@RTX
@CastleBravo91
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Who would you eventually sell a gold bar to?
View Quote

Anybody who has the money to cover your asking price and is ready to pay.

I've bought a lot of silver from friends. You can buy and sell gold the same way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Juicy junior,  reeeeal juicy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
should be stamped with images of hot young lululemon wearing Costco MILFs instead there big shooter.

@RTX
@CastleBravo91
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hawaiicostcofinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/kirkland-sweatshirt-front.jpg

@RTX
@CastleBravo91

Oh man, gonna have to start my own mint, what you suggested will be the roll mark! I think SD Bullion has silver shot for sale, FUCK YEAH, POUR-YOUR-OWN-BAR TIME!!!! I'm talking three nines-fine, investment grade BOO-YIN!!!

ETA: Silver, because I cant afford more than a couple ounces of Gold. And I dont pour Gold bars less than a kilo in mass.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Costco price is about $30 less than same item at bullion exchanges, who arf claims to be the lowest price reputable online pm dealer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn you OP!

Ordered

PSA: check your state to see if they tax purchases of gold & silver.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh man, gonna have to start my own mint, what you suggested will be the roll mark! I think SD Bullion has silver shot for sale, FUCK YEAH, POUR-YOUR-OWN-BAR TIME!!!! I'm talking three nines-fine, investment grade BOO-YIN!!!

ETA: Silver, because I cant afford more than a couple ounces of Gold. And I dont pour Gold bars less than a kilo in mass.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Damn you OP!

Ordered

View Quote

Curse me now, thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RTX
@CastleBravo91

I've got Lee and Lyman ingot molds. Cavities for half and full pound bars.

A silver one would be fun, but I don't want to pay for it just for the project.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Make gold covered lead. Use Costco return policy. Profit. In Minecraft of course.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you have to buy them by the case?
View Quote

@VegasTool

Since I am a GD gazilionaire, not a problem, are you in the poors?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Make gold covered lead. Use Costco return policy. Profit. In Minecraft of course.
View Quote

Not returnable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not returnable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not returnable.

Costco return policy is absolute.  It’s in member agreement.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Costco return policy is absolute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not returnable.

Costco return policy is absolute.

No its not.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who would you eventually sell a gold bar to?
View Quote

Someone selling silver.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is it real gold or a Chinese fake? Any way to tell?
View Quote

Here you go. Wish has gold bars that look pretty good. As well as silver coins.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@RTX
@CastleBravo91
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RTX
@CastleBravo91

No matter how hard you try, you're just never gonna make some of these guys like hot young MILFs. And no, I can't explain it, so don't even ask.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn you OP!

Ordered

View Quote

It’s truly is shocking that CA doesn’t tax precious metals.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I never see or hear about  buying/selling gold that I don't think about the father in law. He bought around $40k in gold some years ago.
Me and the wife kept onto him about buying a safe to keep it in.

Wife goes up to NY to visit him and sees a few boxes with a sheet draped over them in her old  bedroom. Lifts off the sheet, opes one of the boxes and sees all that gold bullion. She spends 2 or 3 days talking to her dad about either selling it or actually getting the safe he said he would get to store it all in.

He finally agrees to let a precious metals broker come look at it. Broker offers him $60k for it all. Father in law accepts it.
A few days later the wife is talking to her father and he mentions that he donated all the profit from the sale to the church he goes to. He was afraid of NY State finding out how much he sold it for and want their share of the tax owed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never see or hear about  buying/selling gold that I don't think a out the father in law. He bought around $40k in gold some years ago.
Me and the wife kept onto him about buying a safe to keep it in.

Wife goes up to NY to visit him and sees a few boxes with a sheet draped over them in her old  bedroom. Lifts off the sheet, opes one of the boxes and sees all that gold bullion. She spends 2 or 3 days talking to her dad about either selling it or actually getting the safe he said he would get to store it all in.

He finally agrees to let a precious metals broker come look at it. Broker offers him $60k for it all. Father in law accepts it.
A few days later the wife is talking to her father and he mentions that he donated all the profit from the sale to the church he goes to. He was afraid of NY State finding out how much he sold it for and want their share of the tax owed.
View Quote

God bless him and his charitable nature, but the man has no head for numbers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

PAMP Suisse is a known good mint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New to this but will be buying a couple, wouldn't they be cheaper to produce not to have some shitty fucking picture mold? Why can't it just be a plain bar?

PAMP Suisse is a known good mint.

Go to aliexpress
Search PAMP
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

No he doesn't.  He sold some land outside of Rochester to a developer for around $250k or so. Don't re.ember the exact price. He had given $110k for it long ago. Yep. He donated the .only over the original $110k to the church also.
That church constantly comes to him with their hand out. He never fails to give what they ask for. There is no convincing him they are just using him as an organic ATM.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Good deal OP, especially with 2% back, however, the pertinent question is:   Sales TAX?          There’s no tax in my state on PM purchases over $500.

ETA, looks like no tax from what I can see.  With $34 back for Exec membership, and $54 back on CC rewards, yeah that’s a good deal, assuming the gold is legit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Plus they brought back the diced onions in a lot of the food courts.
View Quote

Not in the TN, FL or GA stores I’ve been too in the past few months.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
For all of you dip shits saying gold will be worthless when the shit hits the fan, yes it may be, but it's when things start to get back to normal is when the gold will make you rich.
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No he doesn't.  He sold some land outside of Rochester to a developer for around $250k or so. Don't re.ember the exact price. He had given $110k for it long ago. Yep. He donated the .only over the original $110k to the church also.
That church constantly comes to him with their hand out. He never fails to give what they ask for. There is no convincing him they are just using him as an organic ATM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Audible sigh.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good deal OP, especially with 2% back, however, the pertinent question is:   Sales TAX?          There’s no tax in my state on PM purchases over $500.
View Quote

No sales tax if your state doesn't have it on PM sales.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top