Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
People might not know...but parts of Ft. Worth are a REAL shithole.

A few months ago I heard ar15 shots...several times around 130am....maybe a mile or two SE of downtown.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The number of people killed by drunk drivers in DFW lately has been sobering.

There have been more than a half dozen wrecks with at times multiple fatalities.

The number of deaths using ARs is zero.

Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:

There have been more than a half dozen wrecks with at times multiple fatalities.

Fuck drunk drivers.
View Quote

There’s been a handful of deaths due to ARs
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote

Cite.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
Drunk driving is basically the national sport of Mexicans in the US.
View Quote

Bingo

Fucking motherfuckers
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
While I understand the resentment given the current influx of people here illegally, if the driver was from Sweden I don't think anyone would suddenly feel better about the people who were killed.

The problem is we as a society have become over tolerant to the people who do the kind of dumb shit that results in the preventable deaths of innocent people.

But things like "profiling", "speed traps" and "DUI check points" all are viewed in a negative light by people who worry more about cultural sensitivity than making traffic safer.

Somebody will come along and accuse me of being a statist, but with the current fiasco of a government and the limitations on law enforcement, those things are the only workable solutions. We could do a lot better without violating everyone's freedom of movement on the road, but I don't think the current population is capable of that kind of personal responsibility.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy cow.  I’ll bet some of them survived and were conscience after impact.  Good grief.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
It's not normal to get rear ended, burst into flames and no one get out.

I'd like to know how fast he was going and the vehicles involved.
View Quote

There was a similar accident in my area.  A 30 year old woman hit a man from behind at 111 mph on a surface street.  He was forced into a telephone pole, and his vehicle caught fire.  He was in a Trailblazer, and she was in Mazda 3.    He died at the scene, and she suffered minor injuries.  She was at 2x the legal limit.  She was facing 20 years but received 10 years probation and a $2,500 fine.  There’s a special place in hell for her and the judge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 6EQUJ5:
But things like "profiling", "speed traps" and "DUI check points" all are viewed in a negative light by people who worry more about cultural sensitivity than making traffic safer.
View Quote

Or people who understand math.

Please show any actual evidence that speed traps and DUI checkpoints do anything to reduce traffic fatalities.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh gee whiz, I knew just as soon I I read, drunk and killed 5. It just had to be one our hard workers doing work Americans won't do,  from another country.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#11]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKyGNnLZq4o

Driver out on bond.

You can't blame the cops for this.

Tolerant county is 100% to blame.

They let a woman who shot her boyfriend and committed aggravated assault go on probation who then drove drunk and killed a local officer.
View Quote
Noooo fucking wayyy!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

No fuckin way that car was going 120 and hit another car.
View Quote

Maybe the other car was going 80?

Having somebody overtake and cream me from the rear is a hard wreck to avoid
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

As if dui crashes didn't happen before.
5 people in a sedan sounds like a family
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hobs98:
What we get for imprting 3rd world countries. Im sorry for that family, it never should have happened.

MORE US Citizens are killed by illegal immigrant drunk drivers, than in an alternate reality where illegal immigrants were stopped from entering the US.

This isn’t hard.  Allowing millions of illegal immigrants to invade is a disgusting policy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Driver out on bond.

You can’t blame the cops for this.

They let a woman who shot her boyfriend and committed aggravated assault go on probation who then drove drunk and killed a local officer.
View Quote

From that it sounds like the 3 kid died, must have been burned over most of his body......

If I had no family left from this asshat......I will just keep that to myself......
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Did he have car insurance?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
While I understand the resentment given the current influx of people here illegally, if the driver was from Sweden I don't think anyone would suddenly feel better about the people who were killed.

The problem is we as a society have become over tolerant to the people who do the kind of dumb shit that results in the preventable deaths of innocent people.

Somebody will come along and accuse me of being a statist, but with the current fiasco of a government and the limitations on law enforcement, those things are the only workable solutions. We could do a lot better without violating everyone's freedom of movement on the road, but I don't think the current population is capable of that kind of personal responsibility.
View Quote

If the Swedish driver was illegal and sponsored by our federal government I would be making Bork Bork comments about his drunk ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By flcracker:
Did Eduardo have a driver's license and insurance? 🤔  Was he a US citizen? 🤔🤔

This is the kind of information that should be included in news stories.
View Quote

Possibly.  The odds are against an illegal having that in Texas.

Second and third generation Hispanic American generally do have insurance as they were raised within the social construct of American society; but Biden border jumpers almost always don’t.  They also routinely drive well over the legal intoxication limits as it is part of their machismo social construct in their native culture. Another contributing factor is if they do get caught they simply change their name and disappear to escape the consequences.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You really don’t understand the issue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

There's a large contingent on this very forum that believes drinking and driving shouldn't be illegal until you hurt someone...
View Quote

There is a difference between drinking and not intoxicated and drinking and intoxicated.  The shift in the law to outlawing open containers in Texas did not reduce the DWI numbers in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/fort-worth-high-speed-crash-on-35w-leaves-5-people-dead-including-2-children/

Police spokesperson makes it point to say "once the accident report is completed, they'll have more information about his residency, legal status, and things like that..."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506199/Screen_Shot_2024-08-20_at_9_15_41_AM-3299558.png

Doesn't look like he hit the car at 120 mph. I would expect a lot more damage at that kind of speed.
View Quote

It also doesn’t look like a car an illegal would be driving.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Use him as a crash test dummy as punishment
View Quote

The what now????
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:17:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#22]
Originally Posted By mda2bushy:
editing...

FWPD takes DUI's very very seriously... the recent tragedies are definitely not the byproduct of it being next to impossible to get a DUI/DWI in Tarrant County
View Quote

Tarrant County law enforcement does not mess around where it comes to breaking the law. They are the ones who bitch slapped the ANTIFA thugs when they acted up. FWPD does their job.  Getting them through the courts is another issue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:24:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#23]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:

Nidal Hassan is still alive, it's been 15 years.
View Quote

If the Feds need someone to finish the job, I am available.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

The Feds usually don't kill people via the judicial process. McVeigh being the exception proving the rule.  And Hassan was convicted on Federal charges.

McLennan County state murder charges, OTOH, he'd have been dead in Huntsville by now.
View Quote

He would have had head of the line privileges.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NY12ga:

The drunk tends to live because they're either passed out or nearly so and in a relaxed and pliable state. Sober passengers get hurt or killed because they see it coming and brace for impact which in their tense state makes the damage more severe

That's what the ambulance drivers told me when I survived being rear ended by an 18 wheeler into the back of a stopped greyhound bus. I was sober and did see it coming but I did the math, accepted that I was about to meet God and relaxed into that inevitable fate.

To this day I still can't explain why or how I did so, but the ambulance drivers were certain my car was holding a fatality when they first arrived on scene
View Quote
The pliable vs tense thing is often thrown out as an explanation.

But really, I pretty much doubt it. Being rear ended by a car going highway speeds means you are pliable until you hit something. At which point, you are still pliable. When the force or impact exceeds your pliability you become deformed and possibly cracked, ripped, torn, or punctured.

The drunk driver survived in this case because his car hit from the front and engineered crush zones and airbags worked good enough.   His gasoline tank was in the back and undamaged.

The people in the other vehicle died because their gasoline tank was close enough to the impacting vehicle to be damaged and burned.

The impact of being rear ended can be reduced by accelerating away from the impacting vehicle before getting hit. This works if there is nothing in front if you and if you don't hit another car in cross traffic.

Letting off the brake can be helpful. That's a pliability to reduce impact.

Problem is, there is often a vehicle in front or you get hit by cross traffic.

I got hit by a much larger car from behind. She hit her brakes right before impact which alerted me. I had let off the brake right before impact then after hitting the seat, I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front.

I did hit the car in front but neither car was damaged in front.

I think letting off the brakes helped in this case. Don't know what would have happened if she hadn't of scrubbed of a lot of her speed with her late, but hard braking attempt. Of course, it would have been way better for my neck if she steered around me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Driver out on bond.

You can't blame the cops for this.

View Quote

And here I thought Tarrant County was better than Dallas County, I was wrong. Thankfully I live in Denton County.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By leib109:
Most he can get is 20 years on each count, and the judge can possibly run each sentence consecutively. That may or may not happen.
View Quote

Legislators need to pull their head out of their ass and change that.

If the law says MINIMUM 20 years non-consecutive....

Give the law some teeth.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#28]

This doesn't really make any sense to me.

The accelerating party is gaining energy in direct correlation to the decelerating party losing energy?
View Quote

One starts at 0, goes to 120 and then to 0.  

The other starts at 120 and goes to 0.

0-120 time is a LOT faster than 120-0.

(Yes I realize this is very simplified)

Seatbelts, etc have a lot to do with it also
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Drunk drivers generally experience less traumatic changes in force. "It's not the speed, it's the sudden stop. "

Folks stopped get rear-ended by dickhead doing 120, they immediately accelerate tp 120mph and all the associated trauma that comes with that rapid acceleration. They're subjected to more traumatic forces than the guy going 120 undergoing a less traumatic deceleration over time.
View Quote

So alcohol allows the driver to ignore physics?  And I thought it just gave them the belief that they could do so.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Went to school with a dipshit that killed a family of three while driving drunk.  Only got 5 years.  However, karma had other plans for him, he died of of a brain hemorage within a few months of being released.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:02:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ENGCPT] [#31]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

There was a similar accident in my area.  A 30 year old woman hit a man from behind at 111 mph on a surface street.  He was forced into a telephone pole, and his vehicle caught fire.  He was in a Trailblazer, and she was in Mazda 3.    He died at the scene, and she suffered minor injuries.  She was at 2x the legal limit.  She was facing 20 years but received 10 years probation and a $2,500 fine.  There’s a special place in hell for her and the judge.
View Quote

And then one day, for no reason at all, the people started committing the crime of vigilanteism.

The government is about to give up their monopoly on justice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:03:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#32]
Bob Clark directed three classic films, in three separate genres:
The horror film "Black Christmas" (1974).
The teen sex comedy "Porky's" (1981).
The family holiday classic "A Christmas Story" (1983)

In 2007, Clark and his 22 year-old son were killed when a Mexican illegal driving drunk crossed the center line and hit them head-on.  
Sadly, due to his untimely death, Clark's final directing credit ended up being 2004's "Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2."  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:

This doesn't really make any sense to me.

The accelerating party is gaining energy in direct correlation to the decelerating party losing energy?

Conservation of momentum says the car starting at 0 doesn’t reach 120 mph, so this isn’t quite right either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

It has nothing to do with which country this guy came from, we have no idea if he was from Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, or any other South American country. The resentment and frustration comes when innocent people are victimized by people that shouldn't even be here to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By planovet:

And here I thought Tarrant County was better than Dallas County, I was wrong. Thankfully I live in Denton County.
View Quote

Tarrant county is known as tolerant county for a reason
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
Drunk driving is basically the national sport of Mexicans in the US.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:

Fuck drunk drivers.

Where is your source?  I'm guessing it is Trump's fault too?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#38]
DWI's in Texas are out of control.    The only thing that I think that will change it is making the punishment so severe that no rational person would even want to risk one margarita at dinner much less driving while clearly intoxicated.   The slap on the wrists that we are doing now is absolutely not working.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Driver out on bond.

You can’t blame the cops for this.

View Quote

I wonder if the victims have any relatives nearby.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

I doubt it.  If he was  we would have heard about it.
View Quote
The world where that was mostly true disappeared a long time ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By carsandguns:
DWI's in Texas are out of control.    The only thing that I think that will change it is making the punishment so severe that no rational person would even want to risk one margarita at dinner much less driving while clearly intoxicated.   The slap on the wrists that we are doing now is absolutely not working.
View Quote

The thing is, the courts are the ones letting them off easy.  I previously posted in this thread that a woman received 10 years probation and a $2,500 dollar fine for a DWI manslaughter where the victim burned to death in his own car.  She hit him from behind at 111 mph on a surface street while she was at 2x the legal limit BAC.  Allegedly, she got out and started drunk whining about her minor injuries to the LEO on scene while her victim burned to death a few yards away.  She spent 1 day in jail.  She was facing 20 years at the max, but the minimum should have been 2 years. First degree murder has a 5 year minimum, so the legislature would have to make a special exception in the way Texas sentences homicides for DWI manslaughter.  I don’t see that happening, and even if it does, how do you keep judges from continuing to let them off by disregarding the minimums?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mike_c130:

So alcohol allows the driver to ignore physics?  And I thought it just gave them the belief that they could do so.
View Quote
ArfPhysics is not like real physics. It doesn't work by discovering and defining physical law like Newton did.

It works by deciding what the ArfScientist believes and then making up shit to support that belief.

Rather than believing they eliminated all doubt as to not knowing basic science, they believe they are proving their vast knowledge to the world.

It's a sign of educational and national decline.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

If you spot a trend, then you are a racisty fascist.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#46]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Drunk drivers generally experience less traumatic changes in force. "It's not the speed, it's the sudden stop. "

Folks stopped get rear-ended by dickhead doing 120, they immediately accelerate tp 120mph and all the associated trauma that comes with that rapid acceleration. They're subjected to more traumatic forces than the guy going 120 undergoing a less traumatic deceleration over time.
View Quote

Assuming two vehicles of equal weight, the acceleration is equal on both sides of the equation.  The positive and the negative.

Indeed, there is an argument to be made that the people being pushed 'backwards' an in to their seats are better supported and thus less prone to injury.  See:  rear facing child safety seats.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Probably had "Cool" parents that let him drink in the house when he was 15.......
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#48]
and yet GD reposts a meme celebrating the ingenuity of a seat belt-buckle insert that doubles as a bottle opener.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By NAM:

No victim, no crime.

View Quote

You don't need a victim in order to be guilty of a crime.

Criminal negligence is a crime with or without a victim.  If you behavior is so far out of the reasonable norm that you put other people at risk, that in itself is a crime.

As well it should be, for common sense reasons.  

If someone walked up to you with a revolver and decided to play russian roulette with you as the target, I don't think you would find that to be a victimless crime.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll often lookup a city to determine what's going on with the big picture when I see threads like these.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised.

Attachment Attached File

Just remember that it's not just a theory. It's a conspiracy theory.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top