Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol I expected this thread to blow up. It’s amazing how bent out of shape people get over videos like this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Ford GT is built to race in the endurance series.  It's a GTE car.  With that, there are rules to keep the playing field level.  They wouldn't be able to race it with a turbo V8.

Sure, they could offer a street version with a 1k HP twin turbo V8, but they don't make and sell enough for that to be worth it. Besides, that would be missing the point of the car.
View Quote
According to google, because I dared to be critical of the blue oval I now have to be specific, the Gt's engine specs are:
Power647 hp @ 6,250 rpm (482 kW)
Torque550 lb·ft @ 5,900 rpm (746 N·m)

A 5.0L V8 with the ecoboost setup cranking out like 850hp, and 750lb ft of torque on a near identical package would be bonkers.
Absolutely bonkers.
I think, all things being equal, that would be more desirable.
If they sold side by side, at the same price, with the same safe-space requirements limited availability?
I am of the belief that despite NOT being a specific certain racing league with specific requirements, the faster, more powerful, and better sounding Ford GT with the V8 would sell better.
Therefore, making it more desirable.

That may upset some people, but I think an 850hp Ford GT with a 5.0 V8 would be awesome, and better than what they built.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am sorry, but I don't get the whole engine configuration "racism", or in your case, "sexism" thing.  I do get that an engine can have a "personality" that has appeal.

Results matter.  Inline, overhead cam sixes,
large displacement, cross plane crank, pushrod V-8's,
overhead cam, 4 valve V-8's,
flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,
Inline, DOHC, 4's with variable valve timing.
Super or turbo charged versions of each.

And now we have overhead cam V-6's, with twin turbos that in ordinary trucks make more power at low rpm's than big block V-8's.

Each of these engines has been applied to achieve spectacular results.  Economics, fuel consumption, driveability, packaging, center of gravity, weight all play a role.  The engine is a part of a system with the vehicle.  The application of the engine to the vehicles purpose is what matters.  Artificial judgemental requirements such as hp/displacement, number of cylinders, or other stand alone attributes aren't the measure of the overall system performance.

In the 80's, high strung, small displacement turbo engines in passenger cars had a short duration, limited appeal.  Sure they produced high power for displacement, but they tended to be peaky and laggy.  Now Ford, applies technology and we have low rpm power out of V-6's.  Inline 4's to.  This is progress.  Get over it.

For what it's worth, I like my inline 6 turbodiesel, my overhead cam, NA V-8, and before that my long stroke DOHC, inline 4.  Each had something to cause it's appeal.  When you drive it, you find what you like.  Some engines, don't appeal to me.  Some have faults, but they also excel in other areas.  I weigh that sum to determine it's appeal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.
That was the time Ford was asshurt that Enzo wouldn't sell him his company, his pride and joy, and had to get Carol shelby, Holman Moody, and bring a massive corporation's dollars to play to beat an old man running his small business, after years of trying, right?

What a hero!
Arf loves a big company kicking sand in a small business guy's face.
Imagine Colt getting upset at geissele after he wouldn't give up everything concerning his pride and joy, begging the BCM guys to help, and taking years to stick it to geissele.
And everyone celebrating that goliath beat david.

And a few backwards cartwheels doesn't get us to  - V6 being the most desirable thing Ford could have put in a $400,000 car that they won't sell you.  
But hey, can you believe it?
It's faster than $100,000 car and guys are congratulation themselves about it, and in such a rush to claim that V6 is the end all be all!

"3.5L V6 isn't really the sexiest engine I've seen in a car that runs $400,000" is now such a triggering phrase, it gets personal attacks out of the fans.
The same people saying the V8 was dead, because, a $400,000 car that none of us can buy was faster than a $100,000 car.
Pretty amazing.
I am sorry, but I don't get the whole engine configuration "racism", or in your case, "sexism" thing.  I do get that an engine can have a "personality" that has appeal.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

And now we have overhead cam V-6's, with twin turbos that in ordinary trucks make more power at low rpm's than big block V-8's.

Each of these engines has been applied to achieve spectacular results.  Economics, fuel consumption, driveability, packaging, center of gravity, weight all play a role.  The engine is a part of a system with the vehicle.  The application of the engine to the vehicles purpose is what matters.  Artificial judgemental requirements such as hp/displacement, number of cylinders, or other stand alone attributes aren't the measure of the overall system performance.

In the 80's, high strung, small displacement turbo engines in passenger cars had a short duration, limited appeal.  Sure they produced high power for displacement, but they tended to be peaky and laggy.  Now Ford, applies technology and we have low rpm power out of V-6's.  Inline 4's to.  This is progress.  Get over it.

For what it's worth, I like my inline 6 turbodiesel, my overhead cam, NA V-8, and before that my long stroke DOHC, inline 4.  Each had something to cause it's appeal.  When you drive it, you find what you like.  Some engines, don't appeal to me.  Some have faults, but they also excel in other areas.  I weigh that sum to determine it's appeal.
Very technical and very reasonable way to look at it.
But this thread became about throwing feces before I got here
If we got here on page 1 this thread might have stayed on the rail, but purses came out and out came the suggested avatar changes because of disagreements and taste preferences.
BTW, not loving a V6 in a $400,000 supercar, means you're stuck in 1960 because, that's not a total strawman.

Quoted:

Yep, more desire able to people who were never going to buy one anyway.
Yup, cause they won't sell you one, for one.
Unless you limbo the way they want you to.
And if you try to sell yours, if you get one, they'll sue you.

Quoted:

Somehow the guy in the video purchased one. The GT has nothing to do with people feeling better about the ecoboost in their daily driver. Tis a bit early to be so drunk. Change your profile pic..

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427921/fake-gnus-593ed5_jpg-823431.JPG

I don't know what it is you think you've said here but. Again, another off topic, prod at the guy posting because:
Someone's feelings are hurt that not everyone is in total love with the blue oval and V6s in a $400,000 super car.

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

According to google, because I dared to be critical of the blue oval I now have to be specific, the Gt's engine specs are:

A 5.0L V8 with the ecoboost setup cranking out like 850hp, and 750lb ft of torque on a near identical package would be bonkers.
Absolutely bonkers.
If they sold side by side, at the same price, with the same safe-space requirements limited availability?
I am of the belief that despite NOT being a specific certain racing league with specific requirements, the faster, more powerful, and better sounding Ford GT with the V8 would sell better.

That may upset some people, but I think an 850hp Ford GT with a 5.0 V8 would be awesome, and better than what they built.
View Quote
It would, but they would have to tweak the suspension and brakes to keep the car balanced. They would still have to produce and sell the V6 GT in order to race it.  Why would Ford go through all the trouble to make a V8 version?  They don't even make a turbo V8, so they would be designing a new engine for a car I doubt they really make much profit on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol I expected this thread to blow up. It’s amazing how bent out of shape people get over videos like this.
View Quote
+1

It's all about fun, people! F..U..n.

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It would,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

It would,
Man, they should do it, because they can!
For the same "Halo car" reasons they're "selling" it vs just racing it.

Car companies don't build shit like this because of need.

We didn't get the Raptor, the Hellcat family, all that stuff - because of need.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol no more like you and basically the entire "but muh V8" crew that show up in all the Ford GT threads, were never going to buy this (or any other) half million dollar car no matter what was powering it or how easy it is to buy.

While the people who do have the money for a car like this are lining up for the chance to buy one. They will sell every single car they make to people who want it so bad they are cool with waiting a couple years to take delivery.  But hey, a V8 would have made it more desirable to people who were never going to buy one anyway lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ford GT is built to race in the endurance series.  It's a GTE car.  With that, there are rules to keep the playing field level.  They wouldn't be able to race it with a turbo V8.

Sure, they could offer a street version with a 1k HP twin turbo V8, but they don't make and sell enough for that to be worth it. Besides, that would be missing the point of the car.

Absolutely bonkers.

Even if it were more desirable, it’s unnecessary, both because the performance is already very good, and the fact that they’ll sell every one they make anyway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

But but but whats the point of this video you post?!?  muh Demon needs drag strip, Ford GT has v6 therefore it is for faggots!

Both are sweet cars.  Fun to see how they stack up in conditions comparable to a public street.  It's crazy how such a simple video turns into a holy war around here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But but but whats the point of this video you post?!?  muh Demon needs drag strip, Ford GT has v6 therefore it is for faggots!

Both are sweet cars.  Fun to see how they stack up in conditions comparable to a public street.  It's crazy how such a simple video turns into a holy war around here.
View Quote
not really a holy war, but these new age weirdos need to quit calling 1/2 mi and mile runs drag racing
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
lol no more like you and basically the entire "but muh V8" crew that show up in all the Ford GT threads, were never going to buy this (or any other) half million dollar car no matter what was powering it or how easy it is to buy.

While the people who do have the money for a car like this are lining up for the chance to buy one. They will sell every single car they make to people who want it so bad they are cool with waiting a couple years to take delivery.  But hey, a V8 would have made it more desirable to people who were never going to buy one anyway lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They won't sell you one, and they'll sue if you try to buy from someone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even if it were more desirable, it’s unnecessary, both because the performance is already very good, and the fact that they’ll sell every one they make anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

[sigh]

How's your super duty man? IIRC, a white F350 right?
Treating you well?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If we got here on page 1 this thread might have stayed on the rail, but purses came out and out came the suggested avatar changes because of disagreements and taste preferences.
BTW, not loving a V6 in a $400,000 supercar, means you're stuck in 1960 because, that's not a total strawman.

I don't know what it is you think you've said here but. Again, another off topic, prod at the guy posting because:
Someone's feelings are hurt that not everyone is in total love with the blue oval and V6s in a $400,000 super car.

Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.
That was the time Ford was asshurt that Enzo wouldn't sell him his company, his pride and joy, and had to get Carol shelby, Holman Moody, and bring a massive corporation's dollars to play to beat an old man running his small business, after years of trying, right?

What a hero!
Imagine Colt getting upset at geissele after he wouldn't give up everything concerning his pride and joy, begging the BCM guys to help, and taking years to stick it to geissele.

And a few backwards cartwheels doesn't get us to  - V6 being the most desirable thing Ford could have put in a $400,000 car that they won't sell you.  
It's faster than $100,000 car and guys are congratulation themselves about it, and in such a rush to claim that V6 is the end all be all!

"3.5L V6 isn't really the sexiest engine I've seen in a car that runs $400,000" is now such a triggering phrase, it gets personal attacks out of the fans.
The same people saying the V8 was dead, because, a $400,000 car that none of us can buy was faster than a $100,000 car.
Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somehow the guy in the video purchased one. The GT has nothing to do with people feeling better about the ecoboost in their daily driver. Tis a bit early to be so drunk. Change your profile pic..

Wow.
My feelings are neutral. You're the one ranting about a car you cant buy and and offering tidbits of engineering wisdom on how to increase sales on a limited production car that sells out as soon as they give it the green light. I almost forgot your gem of a reason they use the ecoboost is so the truck and regular mustang owners can feel better about themselves, your words.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Plenty of companies won't sell me things I can't afford lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My feelings are neutral. You're the one ranting about a car you cant buy and and offering tidbits of engineering wisdom on how to increase sales on a limited production car that sells out as soon as they give it the green light. I almost forgot your gem of a reason they use the ecoboost is so the truck and regular mustang owners can feel better about themselves, your words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.
Yes, it's pretty obvious it was chosen in part to boost the profile of the eco-boost brand, if that flies over your head that's okay.

The guy who made me an avatar, had nothing to say about my post, instead had comments about me, now backpeddling to, "I'm neutral yeah I don't have hurt feelings"
you're saying that for you, you're not saying that for me. I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, it's pretty obvious it was chosen in part to boost the profile of the eco-boost brand, if that flies over your head that's okay.

The guy who made me an avatar, had nothing to say about my post, instead had comments about me, now backpeddling to, "I'm neutral yeah I don't have hurt feelings"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

For clarity. Im sure whatever you just said sounded fantastic in your mind
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

You're, what, 3 posts and some artwork in, and you've said nothing of value, now you're wasting your own time in addition to mine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can shake hands to that, touche

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
How would it fare against James May and The Exorcist?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You're, what, 3 posts and some artwork in, and you've said nothing of value, now you're wasting your own time in addition to mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

I've never made you, me or anyone else a avatar. I wouldn't know how if I wanted to. As I said keep drinking because I haven't the slightest fucking clue what you're on about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've never made you, me or anyone else a avatar. I wouldn't know how if I wanted to. As I said keep drinking because I haven't the slightest fucking clue what you're on about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Another 10 minute youtube vid that was 8 minutes too long.

Show the cars. Show the race. Nobody cares that you got up at 6am.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
can they start doing this bullshit on actual drag strips
View Quote
99.99% of places you’d drive them aren’t prepped drag strips and it was equal between the two. A good driver with the GT will beat an average driver in a Demon even on a strip.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#24]
1500hp TT Ford GT walks 1000 hp Supercharged C6 Corvette
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144599/2_second_screenshot_png-823563.JPG
That photo has been here for years, once again I wouldn't know how to do that. I already tried to tell you that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Another 10 minute youtube vid that was 8 minutes too long.

Show the cars. Show the race. Nobody cares that you got up at 6am.
View Quote
ad revenue how does it work
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That photo has been here for years, once again I wouldn't know how to do that. I already tried to tell you that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Someone else made a "Fake gnus" one forever ago?
And you happened to have it on tap? then that's a pretty decent meme library.
I too have a meme library, I appreciate a fellow meme farmer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How would it fare against James May and The Exorcist?
View Quote
Would watch
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd take the 2019 Super Cobra Jet for $130,000 over both of those cars.

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

I assure you I didn't make it.Attachment Attached File

I do enjoy the farming.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/50th-anniversary-mustang-cobra-jet-640x640.jpg
View Quote
As would I, but that’s a race car.
Apples to oranges comparison
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I assure you I didn't make it.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427921/Nope193-634239_jpg-823578.JPG

I do enjoy the farming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

I assure you I didn't make it.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427921/Nope193-634239_jpg-823578.JPG

I do enjoy the farming.

"folks, he's not lyin' Swampgrass anymore.
Oh it's true folks, it's true.
He's beautiful Swampgrass.

Believeme."

Texas-bound, Trump praises ''beautiful'' Ted Cruz

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Believeme."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3uQut5iUmc

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm aware.

What a hero!

Pretty amazing.

flat-sixes,
V-12's,
Flat-12's,

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

I do enjoy the farming.

Believeme."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3uQut5iUmc

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
not really a holy war, but these new age weirdos need to quit calling 1/2 mi and mile runs drag racing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than 1/8 mile.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#35]
A V8 in the GT would make no sense.  The technological hurdle facing a road race type car is its ability to turn at speed.  The weak links are the tires, aero package and suspension.  Unless more HP can be made at the same weight or less, it is wasted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Of all the ARF-memes I seen and saved, I really think this is my fave.
I laughed so hard when I saw this.

On topic for those scrolling:

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
On a prepped surface, that Demon destroys the GT
View Quote
And any track with a turn in it, a miata will destroy a demon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[sigh]

Treating you well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

[sigh]

Treating you well?
I’ve never owned a super duty.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

[sigh]

Treating you well?
He's thinking of Wobblin Goblin
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bonkers.

[sigh]

Treating you well?
Wobblin's is pretty ccool - I straight up confused Sputnik's avatar for someone else's.

A while ago someone in GD was looking for a heavy duty truck, they ended up with a white F-350 I believe?
I wanna say, longbed, a gas engine. Was everything they wanted and nothing they didn't.
thought it was sputnik!
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/50th-anniversary-mustang-cobra-jet-640x640.jpg
View Quote
Can’t be driven on the street = pointless vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mahindra?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wobblin's is pretty ccool - I straight up confused Sputnik's avatar for someone else's.

A while ago someone in GD was looking for a heavy duty truck, they ended up with a white F-350 I believe?
I wanna say, longbed, a gas engine. Was everything they wanted and nothing they didn't.
thought it was sputnik!
View Quote
Gas powered Super Duty?

BTW, I really like the new Super Duties. They seem to be very well thought out and designed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Mahindra?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mahindra?
What?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mahindra?
What?
Must not have seen the $15k mahindra thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mahindra?
What?
If you’re talking about the Jeep thingy that serves a completely different purpose. In some areas ATVs can be registered for street use and of course their usefulness off-road. A vehicle that has to be trailered to the track to make a few 1/4 mile passes before being trailed back home is pointless IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you’re talking about the Jeep thingy that serves a completely different purpose. In some areas ATVs can be registered for street use and of course their usefulness off-road. A vehicle that has to be trailered to the track to make a few 1/4 mile passes before being trailed back home is pointless IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mahindra?
What?
You don't really mean pointless right? It's whole point is drag racing which it does well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ecoboosts have been destroying V8's on the street and strip for 8 years now. It's impressive.
View Quote
The Grand National was killed in the 80's because the Corvette owners whined about it being faster than their flagship car...
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would have expected the Demon to win. The Ford GT has a published 1/4 mile at 10.8@130mph and the Demon is 9.65@140mph
View Quote
The Demon will run that with the correct tires, race fuel, & a driver that knows how to launch it...
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Grand National was killed in the 80's because the Corvette owners whined about it being faster than their flagship car...
View Quote
I remember guys in the '80s and early '90s talking reverentially about the GNX, as though it were a religious artifact.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top