BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have been Nissan for my whole life. All the vehicles at my house were Nissan.

Last year it was time for my wife and I to change our Rogues. Both were getting close to 200k and we wanted to trade before something happened to them.

I got a Nissan Frontier. The only place in town that had what I wanted (low miles, 4x4, Nav) was the Hyundai dealer. Our next stop was to be the Nissan dealer for my wife. While I was in finishing up the papers on the truck, she decided to buy the fully loaded 2021 Sonata on the showroom floor.

I was sceptical, but I believe Hyundai has taken us away from Nissan. The Sonata has everything a fully loaded Maxima has, for the price of an Altima.
View Quote

Few posts have so much wrong about them. It’s bid incredibly sad, and exciting to see it all in one place.

May the curse of quality someday find you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Its Asian, what do you expect? they like big grills.

Part of the reason grills are so big now is China.

Eta, Just look at the Hongqi H9
https://carsalesbase.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Auto-sales-statistics-China-Hongqi_H9-sedan.jpg
View Quote

Looks like buck teeth.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Few posts have so much wrong about them. It’s bid incredibly sad, and exciting to see it all in one place.

May the curse of quality someday find you.
View Quote

Hyundai group is better than current day Nissan by every margin,  but then again that's not hard to do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Question is will it do as well as the Kia Stringer (just ok) or will it do better?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Question is will it do as well as the Kia Stringer (just ok) or will it do better?
View Quote

Better I would think.

Since the gv80 is finally here they are picking up sales as a brand

G70 to be here real soon too
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What’s up with all the shit looking massive grilles these days?

BMW ruined their look with those abominations.
View Quote

It's all the result of pedestrian safety regs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I remember four large Danish men driving to the shooting range in one ... a two-door.  

That was a tight squeeze.  
View Quote

I have an old Suzuki Samurai, and it's about the same size as the old CVCC's back in the day. I put 4 good size guys in it once in a while to go shooting, but there isn't much room left over for guns lol.

That said I love the stupid thing, and have restored hundreds of them over the years in my business. I love tiny vehicles, their just fun to toss around.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm more interested in the GV80.

That interior looks pretty badass.

The reviews have been great FWIW
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have an old Suzuki Samurai, and it's about the same size as the old CVCC's back in the day. I put 4 good size guys in it once in a while to go shooting, but there isn't much room left over for guns lol.

That said I love the stupid thing, and have restored hundreds of them over the years in my business. I love tiny vehicles, their just fun to toss around.
View Quote

Do you know 2stroketurbos's youtube channel?

@zukguy
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm more interested in the GV80.

That interior looks pretty badass.

The reviews have been great FWIW
View Quote

That's what my wife wants.

I think once they've been out a while and lease returns start hitting the market it may be worth a shot.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I like these new G70's. I raced one the other night on I 95. There was a bad wreck on I 95 coming out of West palm Beach, we sat in traffic for an hour to move 1 mile, so when I cleared the wreck, I had 5 miles of pristine, empty highway and right in front was a tricked out, spotless  G70 with the paper plate still on it. he took off and I just went with him but passed him from 20 mph and pulled out a full car length up to 120 or so..I have a Infiniti Q50 Sport Hybrid..the AWD and  crazy Tq from electric motors are hard to beat from a stop.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Honda is now returning to their roots.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JUst AS GOod

This is not the Hyundai and Kia from the 80s and 90s. They are a much different car now. Honda went through the same thing as they were once considered trash.

Honda is now returning to their roots.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#13]
LittlePony, I am glad you didn't leave this forum in the early days where you were first putting out good info on these brands and people were jerks to you.  I would have stopped and let them buy Nissans.  Although not in the market for a car, I tend to read your technical posts as if I am.   If they come out with a nice truck I'm open to it.  6 new trucks in 18 years, 2 were very reliable, 2 were crappy, 2 were OK.  I'm on a crappy one now, it's a Ford, but the 2 great ones were Fords too.   Wife has a Lexus ES350.  So far it's great other than bad luck with being hit when parked twice and broken windshield in the first 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks awesome, quite reminescent of the Chrysler 200.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LittlePony, I am glad you didn't leave this forum in the early days where you were first putting out good info on these brands and people were jerks to you.  I would have stopped and let them buy Nissans.  Although not in the market for a car, I tend to read your technical posts as if I am.   If they come out with a nice truck I'm open to it.  6 new trucks in 18 years, 2 were very reliable, 2 were crappy, 2 were OK.  I'm on a crappy one now, it's a Ford, but the 2 great ones were Fords too.   Wife has a Lexus ES350.  So far it's great other than bad luck with being hit when parked twice and broken windshield in the first 6 months.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If I was in the market for a luxury sedan, this would absolutely be an option.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
If a Lexus and a Mazda had a mouth-breathing love child...
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you know 2stroketurbos's youtube channel?

@zukguy
View Quote

@littlepony

No I've not heard of it, but I'll give it a watch tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
@littlepony,

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post about cars here. You take a lot of shit from some folks, and you take it like a champ, "that's what he said" lol, sorry couldn't help myself.

Anyhow thanks for sticking around with all us degenerates.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm considering the GV70.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@littlepony,

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post about cars here. You take a lot of shit from some folks, and you take it like a champ, "that's what he said" lol, sorry couldn't help myself.

Anyhow thanks for sticking around with all us degenerates.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We have a G80 that is several years ol$ now. Only regret is not having gotten the V8 while it was available.
View Quote

Have they ended the V8 across the Genesis product line?

Also what's the 0-60 time on the G70?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have they ended the V8 across the Genesis product line?

Also what's the 0-60 time on the G70?
View Quote

You can get the 5.0 V8 in the G90, just checked the website
Motor Trend had the '19 G70 3.3 twin turbo at 4.5 secs
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#24]
4.5 is pretty good for a production V6. The 2019 Porsche 911 6 does 4.3.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody that buys a car made by that Korean mfg. has been warned. They cut corners and screw their customers like no other.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anybody that buys a car made by that Korean mfg. has been warned. They cut corners and screw their customers like no other.
View Quote

So, they're like every other major car manufacturer and dealer network?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Compared to?

A mfg that is so shitty it went bankrupt, screwed its stockholders and had to be nationalized to even still exist?

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#28]
"Tell us about the styling"

"Sure... so what we did was we got a Chrysler 200 and a Nissan Altima loaded on weed, and let them raw-dog-butt-fuck"
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Compared to?

A mfg that is so shitty it went bankrupt, screwed its stockholders and had to be nationalized to even still exist?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Compared to?

GM is now owned 50% by China.

This is not a joke.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be interested in seeing your research.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a '12 3.8 genesis just at 100k miles.  Just oil changes and tires so far.  Except for the sway bar end links that I did last night to eliminate a rattle in the rear. It's about as solid a car as I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#32]
My old man has a 2016 G70. It’s a really nice car.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#33]
People will start taking them seriously when they style their own cars instead of shamelessly copying BMW.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#34]
A coworker just bought a brand new Genesis SUV. Thing is pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a 2017 G80, absolutely loved the car and recently upgraded to the G90 and love it even more. Rock solid cars, smooth quiet ride and pretty quick too. Both of mine have been the 5L V8.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People will start taking them seriously when they style their own cars instead of shamelessly copying BMW.
View Quote

Yeah, because no major auto manufacturer would copy a European design.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's funny.  I don't think the chief designer ever worked for BMW nor copied their designs.

Donckerwolke studied car design at the famous, now defunct Art Center College in Vevey, Switzerland.

He designed for Peugeot, Audi, Skoda, was the chief designer for Lamborghini, moved to Seat and then designed the Continental GT for Bentley.

Finally he ended up at Hyundai and Genesis.

Nope, no stealing BMW designs...he just lives in Bavaria, now that he resigned from the Hyundai group, so he can spend time with his family.

In all honesty, BMW needs to steal designs from their own previous generation models.  I don't think oversized buck-tooth kidney grills are doing them any favors presently.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Donckerwolke

View Quote

Donckerwolke ? Donckerwolke ?! He still owes me money. Hey Donkey?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Donckerwolke

Yeah, that's a mouthful for sure.  My family is from Munich so I'm used to crazy compound names like that!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top