Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/26/2024 11:03:52 PM EDT
Looks like it's a demonstration for a move they teach called the safe wrap but the video starts out with a demonstration of Rener messing with these cops. Struggling people are a nightmare to begin with I can't imagine someone trained at a high level in BJJ or Wrestling.

It's really quick so those short attention spans folks will be happy
4 Cops Try to Arrest Rener Gracie (w/o SafeWrap™)
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I predict more broken bones and lawsuits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#2]
Lol "safe wrap" or not, at least 2 of those 4 in the beginning were absolutely useless.

Even the big guy didn't understand body mechanics.

ETA The point of my post being, if defensive tactics are not drilled on a very regular basis, they will not be very useful.

Injuries and money prevent that, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No knee on neck, no care.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:
I predict more broken bones and lawsuits.
View Quote

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Taser Taser Taser.

You done resisting?

Taser Taser Taser.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
And thats why people get fucked up in arrests

Just dont know when to quit
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Pffft - that's nothing compared to this woman.

Insane Karen Goes Ballistic On Police After Getting Wasted With Her Kid
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ShermanMcCoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNDZZTFGfQ
View Quote

Decent turd cutter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
now give him pcp
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The fight at the beginning is a sham, simply because there's zero attempt being made at getting cuffs on and control of the wrists.

The very end, when Gracie is talking about an ideal of having EMS put someone into a "SafeWrap position 2" prior to arrival of law enforcement is so insanely nutty any cop here is already trying to pull themselves off the floor from laughing. EMS doesn't go hands-on with a combative at-large subject by themselves..period. Unless it's life or death and they're being attacked, in which case they're probably using improvised weapons or just running like hell.

What's *not* being shown is how you magically get the hostile subject onto the ground and set up for SafeWrap(TM). Because like most techniques, if you train at it for years and you're a large, fit guy, you'll find it relatively easy to subdue most subjects, provided they're not on hallucinogens, dissassociatives, or utterly insane. Getting that technique to work for the 100 lb cop, or work when someone has zero pain receptors and believes they're the Hulk because the voices are telling them so...is a different story.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember a 100lb crack ho doing one armed push-ups with me kneeling on her back and neck.
240 lbs naked plus armor and duty rig.
Had to dislocate her shoulder to get her cuffed.

I can see some value in this idea, but it also smells of instructor bias.
Just because the teachers can do it doesn't mean that Roscoe and Cleetus can.
Teach to the level of the student.
Most students don't care enough to practice like the instructor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Just grab his nuts REAL hard and he will comply.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:08:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 21usernamechecksout] [#13]
More techniques for cops to be used against pesky citizens protesting  getting stabbed up by muzzies and South American gangs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]
And yet there are many who criticize the amount of officers fighting someone. Just imagine if this was real and he had drugs in his system.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#16]
A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Most cops know very little about grappling techniques.

I had a ball training with an academy out west, even the instructors couldnt get the book stuff to work on me.

This area absolutely needs more thought put into strategy and tactics for individual officers and then pushed out to the rank and file.  Its lunacy to expect some 115lbs badge barbie to be useful in most hands on scenarios even trying to assist as a third if the suspect is an average strength male.  The training should reflect that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]
So why is only the black girl's face blurred?   Due to embarrassment over her weak contribution to the effort?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Just stick your thumb in their butt.

Oh, this isn't a nanny pibble thread.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Agencies can't come close to being able to afford the level of training required for most police to be effective at something like Jujutsu (or anything else really).  Police are on their own if they want that.  Few will ever see a year of that kind of training in their entire career.  Some require some martial arts training, but it's only enough to get into trouble with.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By WesJanson:
The fight at the beginning is a sham, simply because there's zero attempt being made at getting cuffs on and control of the wrists.

The very end, when Gracie is talking about an ideal of having EMS put someone into a "SafeWrap position 2" prior to arrival of law enforcement is so insanely nutty any cop here is already trying to pull themselves off the floor from laughing. EMS doesn't go hands-on with a combative at-large subject by themselves..period. Unless it's life or death and they're being attacked, in which case they're probably using improvised weapons or just running like hell.

What's *not* being shown is how you magically get the hostile subject onto the ground and set up for SafeWrap(TM). Because like most techniques, if you train at it for years and you're a large, fit guy, you'll find it relatively easy to subdue most subjects, provided they're not on hallucinogens, dissassociatives, or utterly insane. Getting that technique to work for the 100 lb cop, or work when someone has zero pain receptors and believes they're the Hulk because the voices are telling them so...is a different story.
View Quote

Uh ok.  I’ve had to hands on with patients multiple times.  I learned early on pressure points and when to apply them.  

But sure keep thinking EMS doesn’t go hands on.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I was hoping they’d taser that hoe. She pissed herself, and escaped cuffs 3 times before they double cuffed her. The ankle shackles and strap being pulled thru the door opening to outside of the vehicle was great 😂
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:49:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VEPR39] [#23]
  And what if 2 of the cops are over weight females that just got an $80 manicure.

They will have to shoot him and say he had a knife , he just wouldn't drop the knife.

Oh ,  a n d  body cam died.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Man, I feel terrible for that kid.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
So why is only the black girl's face blurred?   Due to embarrassment over her weak contribution to the effort?
View Quote

Even in make believe female cops are useless.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
Taser Taser Taser.

You done resisting?

Taser Taser Taser.
View Quote

Absolutely.  Won't submit?  Pain is the reward.  Stupid enough to keep resisting?  More pain.

What part of breaking the law don't people understand?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Jujitsu is a bit more useful for LEO than other martial arts I’ve been involved with. Kicking and punching suspects looks great in Police Academy 2 but not so much in real life.

But yeah, I imagine it goes both ways, especially given the criminal elements that were studying martial arts back in Hong Kong and Japan there’s a precedent.

When my Mom moved to Redondo beach after Hawaii 5-0 I got to explore the area on weekends. Torrance was a great location for them to open an academy but I never imagined Los Angeles county would become so expensive to live in.

Jujitsu is great for the beach but that sand can become uncomfortable

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Love this place.

PAIN.  PAIN. PAIN.
Yeah, just beat the shit out of them.  That seems to be working great.

Solid grappling experience will always have value.  Even if you are a female.  No need for knee on neck or mechanical asphyxiation.  If you've signed up for a job that requires you to go hands on against resisting people you owe it to yourself to not suck at it.  

3 months of BJJ 3x per week for 1hr would be exceptionally valuable for cops.  How long is the academy again?

Also, Japan says hello.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Resist in the large parts of the world and you get shot.  We need to hold you gently until you submit.

As crime spins out of control, don’t cry to me if you support this nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:03:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joker581] [#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#31]
"Stab, stab, stab, stab." Lol

Good thing it wasn't, "pew, pew, pew, pew."
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Once you roll with a black belt…shit just about most semi experienced BJJ you learn your pretty worthless.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Hey, i’ve been on that bridge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#34]
If Im gonna resist Im not just gonna struggle against you, im going to actively fucking fight, bite, scratch, gouge and grab and squeeze and testicles that get too close.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Vid title is misleading, imho. Cops were in process of learning whatever system Gracies have come up with. Rener was giving them a barometer of where they were.  

There is no doubt the Gracie family is very good at marketing and making money. Imho, they have value in what they teach but there is probably better stuff out there, I'm sure.

It's pretty damn difficult to control someone who doesn't want to be controlled without hurting them. The stronger and more skilled they are, the more strength and skill and bodies, or...the more damage and pain it takes.

Developing a coordinated system to accomplish this is a good effort, to apply where and when practical, imho.

Years ago, I was a consultant when TDI, here in Ohio was developing their CQPC (close quarter personel control) course which contained elements toward the ends in the vid.

Almost every cop I taught (on their own dime and a few just as a friend) came away with respect for what can be accomplished with technique, and a desire to learn more/get better.

One of the best compliments (from a guy wrung out and drenched in sweat laying on the mat in the dojo) :"Ridge, if you ever go bad, we are calling in an air strike."
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
If Im gonna resist Im not just gonna struggle against you, im going to actively fucking fight, bite, scratch, gouge and grab and squeeze and testicles that get too close.
View Quote

Which is exactly why position and control are everything. Someone/s skilled will not give you the opportunity.

The closer you are to overwhelming their effort, the closer you are to them having to injure you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I am not a cop, nor have I ever been one. But I have gone hands on with a few in a demonstration with one.

If someones only goal is not to get handcuffed you will have a hard time getting them handcuffed, its easy to keep arms tight to the body or under it. It takes a whole lot of leverage to over come someone who is actively resisting their arm getting out behind their back. This is where injury and pain happen, as getting the leverage means forcing arms to bend and move when the owner does not want them to. Pain used to be a way to get someone to agree to be handcuffed, but these days its not allowed as much.

Add in the risk the person wanting to possibly hurt the cops it gets even worse. As the cop goes from I need to get this one arm behind the back, to I need to get this one arm behind the back and stop this person from hurting me. Self preservation means the cop is now spending half his attention on not getting hurt, and half on getting the arms behind the back.

Also typically the defender can sort of chose where they start their arms, which means the cop needs to expend more energy than the defender does. I think thats where this safe wrap thing comes in, lock the defender up in a way that makes them spend more energy than the cop. The best easy to see example of this trying to get someone in to a car, even handcuffed. Even a 100 lb woman can easily resist getting shoved in to a car, even handcuffed. Sticking a leg or elbow out at the right time to jam the body in the door opening is easy and as we see in the other video takes 2 or 3 people to over come her.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Easily solved with one swift punch to the face and an easy hefting of her conscious very liberal body over the side of the bridge to her death.

Some problems are just that easy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
Taser Taser Taser.

You done resisting?

Taser Taser Taser.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

We used to have a semi-pro football player who worked out at a gym in our first due. He was a diabetic and would occasionally go beast mode on the weights and burn up all his blood sugar. He’d get aggressive and we’d have to restrain him.

We would get the four biggest cops / firefighters / EMS providers and use a folded gym mat to rush him and wrap him up. It was always a challenge because this guy was enormous.  

Nicest guy when he was back to normal glucose levels.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#41]
lol @ trying to patent a gift wrap. These techniques have been around forever but I guess someone has to bring it to the mainstream (and make a little money off of it).

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#42]
They are operating under some kind of rubric that he cannot be made to feel any pain at all.

If one of them would have cracked him hard in the face three or four times this would be over in ten fucking seconds.

Or lean with a (pointy, eastern-european) elbow on his ribs with the heaviest motherfucker there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#43]
One of our instructors is a BJJ black belt who decided to switch to 10th planet for funsies. It’s like fighting a human shaped robot. He really does just mess with you. BJJ at even a mediocre level is a superpower.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I think they’re doing a good thing. They do need someone on staff that’s a cop to try and talk them away from some of the crazy shit but that’s my only criticism. Rener if youre reading this I’m available for hire!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
They are operating under some kind of rubric that he cannot be made to feel any pain at all.

If one of them would have cracked him hard in the face three or four times this would be over in ten fucking seconds.

Or lean with a (pointy, eastern-european) elbow on his ribs with the heaviest motherfucker there.
View Quote

Honestly, the ones operating under the false rubric are the officers.  Renner was not trying to hurt them.

Cops who think punching suspects in the face or trying to break their ribs is their go to move is a real problem because they lack any real skills.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:22:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sporter] [#48]
BJJ works.  Good BJJ works even better.

Love the 'nO mOnEy tO tRaiN' line...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:

Honestly, the ones operating under the false rubric are the officers.  Renner was not trying to hurt them.

Cops who think punching suspects in the face or trying to break their ribs is their go to move is a real problem because they lack any real skills.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
Originally Posted By fargo007:

Obviously you have neither been in uniform, nor thrown hands with anyone with "real skill."
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sporter] [#50]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:

I know of probably 5 or more BJJ gyms that allow local LEOs to train for free. You know how many show up? Occasionally, one will show up, get rough with one of the 15 year olds who will then handle them, their ego gets bruised and they don't come back. Grow up, everyone's ego gets bruised doing combatives, let it go cupcake and learn..

View Quote

Witnessed this first hand several times.

(And in competitive shooting)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top