Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of legal restrictions are on the States, when it comes to buying and importing weapon systems like tanks and planes and choppers? Obviously they can buy automatic weapons and machine guns for the cops, but could Texas or Florida buy a T-90 from Russia?
View Quote

If you have an army you don’t need permission.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So 60% of the national guard in Texas is not to be trusted and needs to be fired and replaced by people who will uphold the oath they took when they volunteered to serve.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Or it could just be each individual's choice, whichever.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You suppose the same amount will say Fuck You when their ordered to go to Washington DC?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You suppose the same amount will say Fuck You when their ordered to go to Washington DC?
View Quote

I went to dc back in January.

What about that again?

Got to see DC for the first time. After the first couple days it was fun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No beans in that chilli.....my man
View Quote

Not chili, Czech goulash.

It was probably the best soup I have ever had in my entire life. Or maybe it was because I was freezing my nuts off, I don’t know. But it was amazing

I also kept those flags and they’re going on my brdm
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting question.
View Quote

Well first off, the TXARNG is going to consider being folded into the State Guard as one hell of an insult.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the DoD kicks out nearly half of the TX National Guard, what's to stop the governor from increasing the size and scope of the TX State Guard? Sure, they won't have the Federal weapons, equipment, and budget, but I have to imagine a state as big as Texas, which was once it's own republic, could find a way to put those soldiers to use.
View Quote

State Guard is a joke.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of legal restrictions are on the States, when it comes to buying and importing weapon systems like tanks and planes and choppers? Obviously they can buy automatic weapons and machine guns for the cops, but could Texas or Florida buy a T-90 from Russia?
View Quote

If I am not mistaken, we as a state own our own f16s.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Getting your shot is not a partisan act; it is a patriotic act. Why do you hate America?
View Quote
WTF
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well first off, the TXARNG is going to consider being folded into the State Guard as one hell of an insult.
View Quote

Yeah. Please don’t
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Well first off, the TXARNG is going to consider being folded into the State Guard as one hell of an insult.
View Quote

I'll take being insulted over participating in a global medical experiment any day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  State Guard is a joke.
View Quote

They're not.  They're deployed w/ the Texas National Guard on Operation Lonestar on the border right now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They're not.  They're deployed w/ the Texas National Guard on Operation Lonestar on the border right now.
View Quote

Do they get to carry guns and shoot back at cartel members?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  Do they get to carry guns and shoot back at cartel members?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck Joe Biden. Stand Strong
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
FPNI. Keep up the good fight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming the governor was able to do something to absorb that many TXNG members into the TXSG (which I know many consider to be a joke), what's to say he can't expand the scope of their authority and arm them? As I recall, the TXSG has several MP BN's. If I were the TX governor and 40% of my NG were about to be kicked loose by the DoD, I'd want to retain those assets for the state-level missions they usually handle. I'd be sitting down with the TX Adjutant General and working it out.

Part of the reason the TXSG is often considered a joke is because they have a lot of overweight and unqualified people running around the internet telling everybody that Active Duty soldiers should salute them when they're not ground-guiding Apaches.

Well, shit, if you're given the opportunity to have a sudden influx of well-trained, disciplined, qualified, and (hopefully) physically fit people into the force, you revamp the force. Create two tiers of the TXSG. You have one tier made up of former NG members who are armed, paid, and given benefits. Then, you have a second tier made up of the existing TXSG members. The TXSG already has land, air, and naval/marine components. I bet they could find a way to make the discharged NG folks not feel like they're stepping down.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Assuming the governor was able to do something to absorb that many TXNG members into the TXSG (which I know many consider to be a joke), what's to say he can't expand the scope of their authority and arm them? As I recall, the TXSG has several MP BN's. If I were the TX governor and 40% of my NG were about to be kicked loose by the DoD, I'd want to retain those assets for the state-level missions they usually handle. I'd be sitting down with the TX Adjutant General and working it out.

Part of the reason the TXSG is often considered a joke is because they have a lot of overweight and unqualified people running around the internet telling everybody that Active Duty soldiers should salute them when they're not ground-guiding Apaches.

Well, shit, if you're given the opportunity to have a sudden influx of well-trained, disciplined, qualified, and (hopefully) physically fit people into the force, you revamp the force. Create two tiers of the TXSG. You have one tier made up of former NG members who are armed, paid, and given benefits. Then, you have a second tier made up of the existing TXSG members. The TXSG already has land, air, and naval/marine components. I bet they could find a way to make the discharged NG folks not feel like they're stepping down.
View Quote

I would join the TXSG if they became a legit fighting force flying under the Texas flag and the Texas flag alone.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have 3 vaxed coworkers right now that are having serious medical issues.  One just went on short term disability cause they don't know what's causing the issues and he can't work until they do.  None of them had these issues until after they were vaxed.  Another coworker and their spouse got severly ill with COVID (they both thought they were dying) even though they were both fully vaxed.
View Quote

Similar.

I know several vaxxed guys who have had some weird complications, from heart issues to brain fog to headaches.  Some fairly severe.  Oddly, people I know from other parts of the country have had no such issues.  I almost wonder if there aren't bad batches out there and because of the vax being holy and unable to be questioned, no one can assess whether or not it might be safe sometimes and unsafe others.  There's also the stories of it not always coming out in the same potency, but gee, it'd be nice if someone would just listen rather than mandate a vaccine that now has 75 years of FOIA protection.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure some of these guys would be willing to sell some equipment.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
60% gobble the goo though?...

...in tejas, even?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was smart, and got the vaccine when it was still President Trump’s vaccine!

Timing is everything.
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If the DoD kicks out nearly half of the TX National Guard, what's to stop the governor from increasing the size and scope of the TX State Guard? Sure, they won't have the Federal weapons, equipment, and budget, but I have to imagine a state as big as Texas, which was once it's own republic, could find a way to put those soldiers to use.
View Quote

It would require legislation, I'm sure.  I doubt the Governor could do it by decree.  But if the legislature wanted to do so, I'm sure they could do it.  They could probably also require or authorize them to complete their service in the TX SG (basically, they'd get transferred at the State level instead of discharged, and their discharge would only be for Federal purposes).

States have generally been unwilling to properly equip their militias, and most are not armed at all.  Even some of the armed ones have been disarmed over the last decade or so.  Not sure what Texas's laws do in this respect.  Much easier to allow the NG to be the only combat arms oriented State force and have them get mostly Federally funded.

It'd be awesome if they would, though, to include having aviation, arty, armor, etc.  It's Texas's right as a State to do so.  Under current Federal law, State militias also cannot be federalized for any reason (Constitution allows it for three reasons, but requires authorizing legislation).
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying?  Probably none unless there is some kind of contractual restriction with the Feds for stuff with advanced technologies.  Importing?  It would be dependent upon what Federal import laws permit in this context.  There may or may not be more leeway for State governments, but I don't really know.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So 60% of the national guard in Texas is not to be trusted and needs to be fired and replaced by people who will uphold the oath they took when they volunteered to serve.
View Quote

They swore an oath to the Constitution, not a man.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If I am not mistaken, we as a state own our own f16s.
View Quote

I'm not sure why folks think Texas has to buy or import anything, if it's not already made here we can start up an assembly line easily enough.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

State Guard is a joke.
View Quote

Yes, but that's fixable.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Good stuff OP, hold fast.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Getting your shot is not a partisan act; it is a patriotic act. Why do you hate America?
View Quote

I don't hate america, just the democrat people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting question.

Well, that's a point based on things today. Consider them being the Texas Home Guard or rename the State Guard into something else. What I'm wondering is if we can keep them employed and training for when this federal silliness ends.

I'd hate for Texas and the rest of our country to lose 40% of the Texas NG. That's a lot of experience I would imagine based on the size of our guard and state.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:  It would require legislation, I'm sure.  I doubt the Governor could do it by decree.  But if the legislature wanted to do so, I'm sure they could do it.  They could probably also require or authorize them to complete their service in the TX SG (basically, they'd get transferred at the State level instead of discharged, and their discharge would only be for Federal purposes).

States have generally been unwilling to properly equip their militias, and most are not armed at all.  Even some of the armed ones have been disarmed over the last decade or so.  Not sure what Texas's laws do in this respect.  Much easier to allow the NG to be the only combat arms oriented State force and have them get mostly Federally funded.

It'd be awesome if they would, though, to include having aviation, arty, armor, etc.  It's Texas's right as a State to do so.  Under current Federal law, State militias also cannot be federalized for any reason (Constitution allows it for three reasons, but requires authorizing legislation).
View Quote

Don't think Texas can require a SM to complete their enlistment in the State Guard if Fed funds are kanked for that troop, at this time, as State Guard troops are unpaid for their drills.  They're only paid during SAD, as many are now.  If Texas is going to maintain its current force levels, then significant state funding in salaries, drill pay, equipment and weapons will have to be provided by the legislature.  Most unvaxed troops will take their General under Honorable discharge and call it day.  Some may move to the State Guard to stay on Operation Lonestar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't think Texas can require a SM to complete their enlistment in the State Guard if Fed funds are kanked for that troop, at this time, as State Guard troops are unpaid for their drills.  They're only paid during SAD, as many are now.  If Texas is going to maintain its current force levels, then significant state funding in salaries, drill pay, equipment and weapons will have to be provided by the legislature.  Most unvaxed troops will take their General under Honorable discharge and call it day.  Some may move to the State Guard to stay on Operation Lonestar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It would require legislation, I'm sure.  I doubt the Governor could do it by decree.  But if the legislature wanted to do so, I'm sure they could do it.  They could probably also require or authorize them to complete their service in the TX SG (basically, they'd get transferred at the State level instead of discharged, and their discharge would only be for Federal purposes).

Meh, I'm sure they could.  Conversion into militia would likely also change the terms of everything; they'd get treated like current State Guard.  Of course, for a State militia to be effective, they do need to get funded more for training, weapons, munitions, equipment, and manpower than is currently the case.  This is something the legislature could deal with if it had the will.  The problem is a lack of said will.  I think the early Cold War era was the last time any States made any serious attempt to have a decent militia.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm one of them.

Let's go brandon.

100% of religious exemptions have been denied to my knowledge at this point.
View Quote

Cite?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:  Cite?
View Quote

Several news stories & @ least one lawsuit.

If you can cite an approved religious exemption, there's 8700 Texas Guardsman who would like to copy the language in that request.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you can cite an approved religious exemption, there's 8700 Texas Guardsman who would like to copy the language in that request.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Cite?

An article I read in today's paper said that zero had been approved.  Said article also said that the lack of approvals showed that there is no basis for anyone to get a religious exemption and that those who have sued have no case.    That paper was a Leftist rag, naturally.

I'm not sure the courts will look too kindly on that, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good, stand strong and just say no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only took the 4th post for the troll to come out...............Go back under the bridge little troll.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  Why the fuck were the Czechs on U.S. soil??  
View Quote

Pretty sure they have an embassy here, and also send their troops to train in the US.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they have an embassy here, and also send their troops to train in the US.
View Quote

There is a difference between training and occupying.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well, that's a point based on things today. Consider them being the Texas Home Guard or rename the State Guard into something else. What I'm wondering is if we can keep them employed and training for when this federal silliness ends.

I'd hate for Texas and the rest of our country to lose 40% of the Texas NG. That's a lot of experience I would imagine based on the size of our guard and state.
View Quote

I would be insulted to get turned into the state guard.

I’d rather just leave and go home.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why the fuck were the Czechs on U.S. soil??  
View Quote

We are allies, you know.

They train here a lot.

There’s a couple hundred English dudes over at hood.

Gasp.

Allies train together

Plus there’s that thing called embassies

Oh noes. Panic
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:09:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is a difference between training and occupying.
View Quote

So tell us the difference then and what exactly are they doing thats so wrong
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:43:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was smart, and got the vaccine when it was still President Trump’s vaccine!

Timing is everything.
View Quote

Me thinks that was when it wasn't a fucking "mandate"....Now it is from an idiot backed by other idiots.

Some of us consider freedom of choice...important.....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top