Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully Russia wins
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sucks to be Ukraine but I'm not willing to die for their soil, nor am I willing to have the service age people I care for do the same.  Allowing nations on Russia's borders into NATO would be insanity.
View Quote

Ukraine has publicly stated many times this is their war and they will be the ones to fight it.

The caveat is that they would love some shiny new weapons to do so.

We're doing our part with 60 million dollars worth of tanks, humvees, and weapon systems delivered just this week IIRC but against a full Russian invasion it will take a miracle

I wish them the best.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A lot of people consider that better than dying in a muddy ditch in some town I do know the name of.  Americans are not big on fighting wars stateside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I served. My father served. Both my grandfathers served.

My son will be old enough real soon. Not sure of his intentions, but I sure as hell don't want him dying in a muddy ditch in some town none of us can pronounce for this administration.

This is not our fight.

A lot of people consider that better than dying in a muddy ditch in some town I do know the name of.  Americans are not big on fighting wars stateside.

I'd much rather die in a muddy ditch in Uniontown or Chillicothe fighting redcoats, than in a muddy ditch in Donetsk fighting Ivan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Russia. If they come across the border I hope the Ukrainians stack the fuckers like wood.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
50 meters. They both use the metric system.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Might be nice to fight somewhere nice for a change.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish we had the balls to give them weapons.  If we can leave billions of weapons in Afghanistan, we should give these guys all they need.  What will Hunter do with out the Burisma gas board payments?
View Quote

Hopefully OD.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not surprising that this nearly decade old bullshit conflict dominates news headlines now that Epstein's slam hog and arbiter of young runaways is on trial.
View Quote

This man gets it.  Watch the other hand...
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn commie russians can roll through Ukraine any time they want to. No one will stop them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:25:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good luck Heavy Six.

Kill a Commie for Mommy.
View Quote

Yeah.... and he probably already has.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NEMAYE!

Ukraine border SACRED to America. Brandon say so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.
NEMAYE!

No, our HONOR should be sacred. Ukraine gave up their nukes based on OUR promise.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Didn't we did tell them we'd defend them for giving up their nukes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.

Yeah, but this is GD. Inconvenient facts get forgotten.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

She's a petite woman in a perfectly clean uniform that they put in front of a camera for a bull shit photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are some giant brass ball clankin' bastards right there. Except for the cutie in the last picture. . . she doesn't have giant brass balls.
Her balls are probably bigger than most American men

She's a petite woman in a perfectly clean uniform that they put in front of a camera for a bull shit photo.

Yeah, but she'll still fight. LOTS of pretty women over there who will. Ukraine isn't the USA.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.

Show me where it says the United States will defend Ukraine if invaded.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder how many transexuals they have in their army?  Are they using the proper pronouns?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those are some giant brass ball clankin' bastards right there. Except for the cutie in the last picture. . . she doesn't have giant brass balls.
View Quote

That's okay. She can use mine.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Notice how the contested area of Ukraine with its ethnic population in need of Russia's help looks like a mirror imagine of the Sudetenland of Czechoslovakia with its ethnic population in need of Nazi Germany's help
If we let them take it there will be world peace, they will not ask for more, we promise

Years ago an old Austrian-Jewish man recounted to me how he was at a rally where Hitler spoke and said referring to England granting them the Sudetenland "At Versailles they over stepped, now we shall over step" and they took all of Czechoslovakia (It was a bit odd to hear a Jew say this admiringly)

Will Putin just take that enclave of Russians? Or, will they, like Hitler, take it all

Will anyone care?

Nope: No one will give a shit and the grave threats of economic action by Biden will stop Putin from taking Ukraine much like Obama's stern looks deterred Putin from taking Crimea

Will Europe cry like a bitch. yes.
Will Europe turn off Russian natural gas. Hell no, Ukr-who?

Don't fret.
This will be forgotten when China invades Taiwan and Biden retaliates with and increase in soy prices.
Boy will they feel that and be sorry for messing with Uncle Joe an da ho
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t like Vlad but he’s not very likely to have troops storming Miami Beach so the likelihood of my busted infantry ass or my kids fighting Russians in Kansas is pretty slim.

There are far more pressing threats right here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Interesting flag on that red pickup truck.
View Quote
It is a stand-in for the flag of the Confederation of Novorossiya and was based on the Russian Naval Jack. Novorossiya is an unrecognised confederation of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, claiming the territory of the respective Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine.

The flying of the Novorossiya flag is seen as a "pro-russian" act. The American Confederate Flag is used as a stand in for folks since decals and such cannot be easily found.

@transplanted
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

share a foxhole with me any time
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It must really be frustrating seeing the world's super power do a 180 every four to eight years.  Four years to undo the last administration's fuck ups or good works, depending on the shitbird that wins the latest election.
View Quote
We should stop being the world's police. The British did it for a while and look where it got them. They lost everything because of it. Instead, we should be Switzerland. Heavily armed and neutral. Our goal should be commerce and making things better for our own people.

We have enough problems in our own borders, why do we focus so much on outsiders? Why is Ukraine an issue but Cuba isn't? Why aren't we invading Cuba to overthrow their dictatorship? China is steamrolling all over Latin America and thr Caribbean, yet as a nation we aren't worried about that. But Russia is a threat to the US in Ukraine?

It is hypocritical if we are the world's police to make it an issue in one region but not another.

But, as I said, we should be Switzerland. Focus on or own problems, make bank, and be heavily armed.

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities... it is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements."

"The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave."

FAREWELL ADDRESS TO THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 1796

He was right then and he is right now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Sabaton will write somgs about them in the future
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, our HONOR should be sacred. Ukraine gave up their nukes based on OUR promise.
View Quote
Political alliances are never lasting and always fleeting. Haven't we learned from the great game played over 100 years ago? Long standing political entanglements are never a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wars and rumors of wars...

This.

Please name 1 generation in recorded human history that didn't have wars and rumors of wars.

I know its from the Bible, but, mankind has always been at war, somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Please name 1 generation in recorded human history that didn't have wars and rumors of wars.

I know its from the Bible, but, mankind has always been at war, somewhere.
View Quote
War is the continuation of politics by other means. - Carl von Clausewitz

Nothing new
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Meanwhile on our own borders FJB gives no fucks. Yes we made a deal and should stick to it. But I’m not going to say we should send boots on the ground. Too many times we send our best to deal with the worst. Thank you to all that served.

Edit let the drones do the support work.
View Quote

We absolutely stuck to the deal we made with Ukraine to give up their nukes. 100%

We agreed to not invade them, we have not. We agreed to never use nukes against them, we have not. We agreed to go to the UN if they were invaded. We have.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Europe's problem. Did they forget where appeasement takes them?
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.
NEMAYE!

Instead of continually posting that bullshit, why not read the agreement we made for yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

Its not long, and then you can come to the discussion with facts and not horseshit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, ' facts ' get made up in people's heads.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#32]
God speed Ukraine and good hunting. Pray you can kill enough of them.

Fuck the god dammed Ruskies
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Any time we get involved we make it worse.

I am to old to fight and to old to give a fuck what other countries are doing.

I just want a comfortable place where I can sit and have a drink, a cigar and watch the world burn.

My chair is sitting on a ship off the coast of California though

So I will stand
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, at least this war has soldiers in uniforms rather than haji wearing pajamas
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Rather than pay for AOC's student loans, I'm totally fine with sending money to Israel. Israel can "donate" some old  Spike LR and near-expired IDF owned Stinger systems.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We should stop being the world's police. The British did it for a while and look where it got them. They lost everything because of it. Instead, we should be Switzerland. Heavily armed and neutral. Our goal should be commerce and making things better for our own people.

We have enough problems in our own borders, why do we focus so much on outsiders? Why is Ukraine an issue but Cuba isn't? Why aren't we invading Cuba to overthrow their dictatorship? China is steamrolling all over Latin America and thr Caribbean, yet as a nation we aren't worried about that. But Russia is a threat to the US in Ukraine?

It is hypocritical if we are the world's police to make it an issue in one region but not another.

But, as I said, we should be Switzerland. Focus on or own problems, make bank, and be heavily armed.

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities... it is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements."

"The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave."

FAREWELL ADDRESS TO THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 1796

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must really be frustrating seeing the world's super power do a 180 every four to eight years.  Four years to undo the last administration's fuck ups or good works, depending on the shitbird that wins the latest election.

There is pile of wisdom in his farewell address, unfortunately few have read it and still fewer have heeded its warnings.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hopefully Russia wins
View Quote

Welcome fellow gun enthusiast!
Please tell us more!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except not deploying to Ukraine won't lead to stateside conflict.

Fighting them there so we don't have to here has kinda always been propaganda.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Rather than pay for AOC's student loans, I'm totally fine with sending money to Israel. Israel can "donate" some old  Spike LR and near-expired IDF owned Stinger systems.
View Quote
We shouldn't send a penny to Israel either. They aren't a nascent state anymore. They have their own established industries, commerce, etc....

We need to end all foreign aid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hopefully Russia wins
View Quote

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#41]

The Ukraine should have never given up their nukes after the fall of the Soviet Union.  

Russia would be pounding sand right now if nukes were aimed back at them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54857/download-2207208.jpg

The Ukraine should have never given up their nukes after the fall of the Soviet Union.  

Russia would be pounding sand right now if nukes were aimed back at them.
View Quote

I thought the nukes ukraine had were russian nukes, in which, ukraine did not have the means to actually launch them? Was the correct?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Except not deploying to Ukraine won't lead to stateside conflict.

Fighting them there so we don't have to here has kinda always been propaganda.
View Quote
Ivan has issues deploying their sole aircraft carrier and keeping the thing afloat, catching fire, or cranes falling on it. I recall when they deployed it to Syria, it needed a tug to follow it because of constant issues of breakdowns. Their invasion of tiny neighboring border states is a monumental task and it stretched them thin.

The idea of them being able to deploy forces to the US is laughable. The reality is, other than their ICBMs and SLBMs, they are not a threat to the US.

Let Europe deal with their own issues.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Brandon got they back!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wish America's borders were sacred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NEMAYE!

I wish America's borders were sacred.

Sacred to Democrats means sacrificial
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought the nukes ukraine had were russian nukes, in which, ukraine did not have the means to actually launch them? Was the correct?
View Quote
Ukraine wanted to ditch them because they didn't have the means to upkeep them and the Western Powers didn't want to see a broke Ukraine unable to store and maintain them have issues or have shitty broke corrupt guards sell them on the blackmarket for a pack of smokes and a Big Mac.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have researched this, and can't find a definitive answer. Also, that was 30 years ago. Nuclear weapons require constant maintenance. I don't believe Ukraine has the needed infrastructure to maintain nuclear weapons.

We have nuclear weapons in the dakotas. If DC went away tomorrow, would the governments of those states have the means to use their nukes?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hopefully Russia wins
View Quote

#troll
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Give everyone of them a RPG and all fire at the same time to take out all the Russian vehicles.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top