Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 311
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Weather is becoming extreme in all regions.  The extreme hail and rainfall really became a once-in-a-while event to more frequent occurrence down here about 20 - 25 years ago.  Baseball to softball sized hail and 5+ inches of rainfall happen somewhere in North Texas pretty much every Spring now.
View Quote

Could be the extreme as you call it is the normal and we have just been in a better than normal period for the last hundred years and we are reverting to the mean now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:

Could be the extreme as you call it is the normal and we have just been in a better than normal period for the last hundred years and we are reverting to the mean now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Weather is becoming extreme in all regions.  The extreme hail and rainfall really became a once-in-a-while event to more frequent occurrence down here about 20 - 25 years ago.  Baseball to softball sized hail and 5+ inches of rainfall happen somewhere in North Texas pretty much every Spring now.

If it was happening as regular has it is now, this would be the kind of thing that would make the history books back at that time.  Regular flooding and baseball & larger sized hail are brutal to our modern world. I can’t imagine what it would do to people living 100+ years ago?

I’ve had five baseball or larger sized storms and lost count of the 5+ inches of rain that’s hit within the last 20 years in my neighborhood alone.  I’ve also lost count of the large hail and flooding storms that just barely missed me within the last 20 years, too.

Springtime storms used to never really bother me before but they do now.  It’s also happening periodically at other times of the year, not just in the Spring.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

We're still coming out of an ice age , so it would make sense .
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:

View All Quotes

Everything I’ve seen for the past several years say we’re heading into a mini ice age.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]

UPDATE: GLOBAL MARKETS REBOUND

Japan’s Nikkei index leapt 10.23%, nearly reversing its losses from the  prior day. Most other Asian markets rebounded as well and finished the  trading day higher.

"The yen has steadied, having pulled back from the highs made yesterday.  And perhaps that is an indication that we’ve seen the worst of the  carry trade unwind. Time will tell," Trade Nation senior market analyst  David Morrison said.

Pre-market, US futures were up slightly after posting the worst losses in almost two years Monday.

“It’s too early to say the low is in,” wrote Keith Lerner, co-chief  investment officer at Truist. “There has been damage done, and the  repair process will likely take time. However, the risk/reward appears  to be gradually improving as the market’s bar for positive surprises  resets lower.”

European markets opened higher today, with all sectors starting in the green. They have since moderated with small gains.

BANGLADESH DISSOLVES PARLIAMENT; PROTESTS WANE

Bangladesh’s President dissolved Parliament today, announcing fresh elections following weeks of protest and the resignation of the Prime Minister. The President also ordered the release of opposition leader Khaleda Zia, who had been under house arrest since 2018. Zia has long said that his arrest and conviction was politically driven by the Prime Minister.

Protests appear to have rapidly waned since the PM’s resignation, and celebrations have been seen in Dhaka and elsewhere. No new incidents of violence have been noted in the last day.

Per the current President and the country’s top military commander, an interim government will be formed until elections can be held.

UK’S PM: “STANDING ARMY” OF POLICE COMING

British Prime Minister Kier Starmer has said that a “standing army” of police will be established to deal with rioting and street fighting after hundreds of incidents have been seen across the country in recent days.

“Whatever the apparent motivation, this is not protest. It is pure violence and we will not tolerate attacks on mosques or our Muslim communities,” Starmer said.

“The full force of the law will be visited on all those who are identified as having taken part in these activities.”

Around 400 people have been arrested so far, with UK police anticipating hundreds more arrests.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]

If it was happening as regular has it is now, this would be the kind of thing that would make the history books back at that time.  Regular flooding and baseball & larger sized hail are brutal to our modern world. I can’t imagine what it would do to people living 100+ years ago?

I’ve had five baseball or larger sized storms and lost count of the 5+ inches of rain that’s hit within the last 20 years in my neighborhood alone.  I’ve also lost count of the large hail and flooding storms that just barely missed me within the last 20 years, too.

Springtime storms used to never really bother me before but they do now.  It’s also happening periodically at other times of the year, not just in the Spring.
View All Quotes

Depends on where the weather event happened back in the 1800s or earlier, the population density was much lower back then and if the weather event happened in a rural part of the US, there may not have been many people to witness it much less write it down in a history book.  

Really old local newspapers though tend to have a lot of stories about some crazy events (weather, swarms of locusts, drought, flooding, etc) that have happened over the years and they wouldn't make it into a history book unless it was a local history book as it didn't effect the larger US.  We just notice local events now because we have a lot of information at our fingertips and everything is reported on.

The problem with looking at 20 years or any time slice less than hundreds/thousands of years is that you may just be in a bad window.  For example, if you had a time slice of 20 years that was from 510-530 AD, then the average weather was probably pretty good, but if you slid it just 25 years later from 535-555 AD, then the average weather was total crap due to the events of the year 536 AD.  A more recent example is Hurricane Beryl went over my parents farm and dumped around 8 inches of rain in less than 12 hours.  The flooding was pretty crazy, but I remember a time in the 80s that we got even more rain and the flooding was about 4-5 feet higher.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Everything I’ve seen for the past several years say we’re heading into a mini ice age.

View All Quotes

According to the Milankovitch cycles, we should already be on the downward slope to another cooling cycle in the current Quaternary ice age, but climate change may have broken that trend.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The dust bowl.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else a bit surprised we aren’t seeing more from Iran yet? Are they going to back down?
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
(STUDY) High levels of of heavy metals found in certain dark chocolates, including organic chocolates

Is your favorite dark chocolate bar harboring a hidden health risk?

A new study published on July 31 in Frontiers in Nutrition suggests that some popular dark chocolate products may contain concerning levels of heavy metals, particularly lead and cadmium.

The study, conducted by researchers from The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and ConsumerLab.com, analyzed 72 dark chocolate and cocoa products sold in the United States from 2014 to 2022.

Their findings shed light on a potential health concern that has been bubbling beneath the surface of the chocolate industry for years.

Dark chocolate, long touted for its potential health benefits due to its high antioxidant content, has faced scrutiny in recent years due to reports of heavy metal contamination. Consumer media outlets and independent testing agencies, including Consumer Reports and As You Sow, have previously highlighted this issue.

Given these concerns, Leigh Frame, director of integrative medicine at George Washington University and co-lead of the study, aimed to explore the significance of this contamination.
https://sharylattkisson.com/2024/08/study-high-levels-of-of-heavy-metals-found-in-certain-dark-chocolates-including-organic-chocolates/
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:
Anyone else a bit surprised we aren’t seeing more from Iran yet? Are they going to back down?
View Quote

Putin may hold more sway with Iran than we think.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Japan’s Nikkei index leapt 10.23%, nearly reversing its losses from the  prior day. Most other Asian markets rebounded as well and finished the  trading day higher.

"The yen has steadied, having pulled back from the highs made yesterday.  And perhaps that is an indication that we’ve seen the worst of the  carry trade unwind. Time will tell," Trade Nation senior market analyst  David Morrison said.

Pre-market, US futures were up slightly after posting the worst losses in almost two years Monday.

“It’s too early to say the low is in,” wrote Keith Lerner, co-chief  investment officer at Truist. “There has been damage done, and the  repair process will likely take time. However, the risk/reward appears  to be gradually improving as the market’s bar for positive surprises  resets lower.”

European markets opened higher today, with all sectors starting in the green. They have since moderated with small gains.

Bangladesh’s President dissolved Parliament today, announcing fresh elections following weeks of protest and the resignation of the Prime Minister. The President also ordered the release of opposition leader Khaleda Zia, who had been under house arrest since 2018. Zia has long said that his arrest and conviction was politically driven by the Prime Minister.

Protests appear to have rapidly waned since the PM’s resignation, and celebrations have been seen in Dhaka and elsewhere. No new incidents of violence have been noted in the last day.

Per the current President and the country’s top military commander, an interim government will be formed until elections can be held.

British Prime Minister Kier Starmer has said that a “standing army” of police will be established to deal with rioting and street fighting after hundreds of incidents have been seen across the country in recent days.

“Whatever the apparent motivation, this is not protest. It is pure violence and we will not tolerate attacks on mosques or our Muslim communities,” Starmer said.

“The full force of the law will be visited on all those who are identified as having taken part in these activities.”

Around 400 people have been arrested so far, with UK police anticipating hundreds more arrests.
View Quote

It's funny because armed gangs of Muslims are going around and attacking any white person they see in the UK right now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Depends on where the weather event happened back in the 1800s or earlier, the population density was much lower back then and if the weather event happened in a rural part of the US, there may not have been many people to witness it much less write it down in a history book.  

Really old local newspapers though tend to have a lot of stories about some crazy events (weather, swarms of locusts, drought, flooding, etc) that have happened over the years and they wouldn't make it into a history book unless it was a local history book as it didn't effect the larger US.  We just notice local events now because we have a lot of information at our fingertips and everything is reported on.

The problem with looking at 20 years or any time slice less than hundreds/thousands of years is that you may just be in a bad window.  For example, if you had a time slice of 20 years that was from 510-530 AD, then the average weather was probably pretty good, but if you slid it just 25 years later from 535-555 AD, then the average weather was total crap due to the events of the year 536 AD.  A more recent example is Hurricane Beryl went over my parents farm and dumped around 8 inches of rain in less than 12 hours.  The flooding was pretty crazy, but I remember a time in the 80s that we got even more rain and the flooding was about 4-5 feet higher.

View All Quotes

I can’t really dispute anything you’ve said and what I wrote was purely based on my own experience.  My area of Texas was sparsely populated 150+ years ago.  It just seems as if a switch was flipped to cause that much of a dramatic change within the short period of time time that I’ve seen.

Nothing like hearing the sound of stampeding buffalo approaching only to find out it’s actually baseball sized hail coming your way, instead.  I’m not sure a herd of stampeding buffalo would have caused as much damage as the hail did.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#14]

According to the Milankovitch cycles, we should already be on the downward slope to another cooling cycle in the current Quaternary ice age, but climate change may have broken that trend.
View All Quotes

I know a mini ice age was occurring back during the time of the American Revolution.  The news I’ve seen within the last five or so years talk about one beginning around the mid 2030s.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:
View Quote

I saw something about Iran attacking on August 12 to coincide with Tisha B’Av.  That’s a date synonymous with bad things happening to Israel.  If it starts before then, it would come from Israel.

Iran plans to attack Israel on Tisha B’Av, the Jewish day of disaster

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-plans-to-attack-israel-on-tisha-b-av-the-jewish-day-of-disasters-western-intelligence-says/ar-BB1r5DXO
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Kind of an " ebb and flow " .
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#17]
This post coincides with what Michael Yon has been warning of the genocide of Ireland.  Also reminds me of the book Day of Jihad by Mark Wardlaw that was written after 9/11.

The German Chief of police admits there are no "refugees" coming to Germany, "they're all soldiers" whose sole purpose in Europa is destruction.

He says there are over 500k illegal "refugee" soldiers in Germany waiting for a particular day "X". Day "X" is the day each gets an order to assault, rape, and murder (To kiII Germany and the German people).

It won't come as an armed standing army, it comes as individual acts of savagery, which largely go unnoticed by the media.

https://odysee.com/@johnwaters:7/anhonestconversation:3
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

It's funny because armed gangs of Muslims are going around and attacking any white person they see in the UK right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:

You must be mistaken.  Only white people are violent and there is no two-tier policing in the UK.

UK live Today, Scunthorpe protest live stream now

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Kellogg-s-to-close-Omaha-NE-plant-after-60-years-/5-2740963/

https://www.wowt.com/2024/08/06/kelloggs-close-omaha-plant/

By 6 News staff reports
Published: Aug. 6, 2024 at 5:56 AM MST|Updated: 5 hours ago
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Kellogg’s announced to its employees Tuesday morning that it will be closing its Omaha plant after more than 60 years.

In a news release to 6 News, the cereal maker confirmed that it plans to begin a phased reduction in production beginning in late 2025 and fully close the Omaha plant toward the end of 2026.

Soon after the announcement, around 7:15 a.m., 6 News saw a stream of cars with employees leaving the plant at 96th and F streets.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#20]

I know a mini ice age was occurring back during the time of the American Revolution.  The news I’ve seen within the last five or so years talk about one beginning around the mid 2030s.

View All Quotes

Little Ice Age.  Wasn't all just cooling though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 3:10:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snubfan] [#21]
The Birthing of a Socialist/Communist NWO, One-World Gov't:
- Open borders to promote chaos, economic & cultural distress
- Allow lawlessness & political-based selective prosecution
- Strategic reporting (media)
- Cancel and label opposition
- Control/define allowable language
- Redefine freedoms
- Redefine reality and truth  
- Redefine marriage
- Redefine man
- Redefine woman
- Redefine family
- Redefine morality and values
- Mock God and Christianity
- Don't educate, indoctrinate
- Challenge parental rights & control, replace with gov't control
- Pandemic/pestilences with only gov't approved treatment
- Mandate employers force employees to comply with gov't edicts  
- Control food production (food insecurity/famines)
- Use man-made climate crisis as a tool for change
- Establish a digital ID linked to controllable digital currency (Great Reset)

Lastly, - Promote Wars to weaken superpowers economically and militarily, while providing opportunities to eliminate borders, reduce population & crush religious differences.

Do not be deceived.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By snubfan:
- Redefine freedoms
- Redefine marriage
- Redefine man
- Redefine woman
- Redefine family

Lastly, - Promote Wars to weaken superpowers economically and militarily, while providing opportunities to eliminate borders, reduce population & crush religious differences.

Do not be deceived.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By snubfan:
- Redefine freedoms
- Redefine marriage
- Redefine man
- Redefine woman
- Redefine family

Do not be deceived.

View Quote

Yep.  Documented goals known for decades with updates for modern technology.

CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS - 1963
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.

2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.

3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.

4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.

5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.

6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.

7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.

8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.

9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.

10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)

12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.

13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.

14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.

18. Gain control of all student newspapers.

19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.

25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”

29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”

31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.

32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.

33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.

34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.

36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.

37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.

38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].

39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.

43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.

44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.

45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court

https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/watchwomanonthewall/2011/04/the-45-communist-goals-as-read-into-the-congressional-record-1963.html
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Fleas From The Dogs Cattlemen are Forced To Lay With

Fleas From The Dogs Cattlemen are Forced To Lay With

Jim Mundorf's speech given at the 2024 R-Calf USA Convention in Deadwood South Dakota. In it he explains how cattlemen are forced to fund lobbyists that work against them, advertising that lies to them and other programs that work against their best interest. He also gives a solution to this problem, the Opportunities for Fairness in Farming Act.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Highlights from opinion article.

Food as You Know It Is About to Change

This essay is part of What to Eat on a Burning Planet, a series exploring bold ideas to secure our food supply. Read more about this project in a note from Eliza Barclay, Opinion’s climate editor.

The world as a whole is already facing what the Cornell agricultural economist Chris Barrett calls a “food polycrisis.” Over the past decade, he says, what had long been reliable global patterns of year-on-year improvements in hunger first stalled and then reversed. Rates of undernourishment have grown 21 percent since 2017.

Worldwide, wholesale food prices, adjusted for inflation, have grown about 50 percent since 1999, and those prices have also grown considerably more volatile, making not just markets but the whole agricultural Rube Goldberg network less reliable. Overall, American grocery prices have grown by almost 21 percent since President Biden took office, a phenomenon central to the widespread perception that the cost of living has exploded on his watch. Between 2020 and 2023, the wholesale price of olive oil tripled; the price of cocoa delivered to American ports jumped by even more in less than two years.

Though American agriculture as a whole produces massive profits, Mr. Barrett says, most of the country’s farms actually lose money, and around the world, food scarcity is driving record levels of human displacement and migration. According to the World Food Program, 282 million people in 59 countries went hungry last year, 24 million more than the previous year. And already, Mr. Barrett says, building from research by his Cornell colleague Ariel Ortiz-Bobea, the effects of climate change have reduced the growth of overall global agricultural productivity by between 30 and 35 percent.

But disruption is only half the story and perhaps much less than that. Adaptation and innovation will transform the global food supply, too. At least to some degree, crops such as avocados or cocoa, which now regularly appear on lists of climate-endangered foodstuffs, will be replaced or redesigned. Diets will shift, and with them the farmland currently producing staple crops — corn, wheat, soy, rice. The pressure on the present food system is not a sign that it will necessarily fail, only that it must change. Even if that progress does come to pass, securing a stable and bountiful future for food on a much warmer planet, what will it all actually look like?

Outside the United States, the patterns are similar: More than one-third of the planet’s land is used to produce food, and 70 percent of all fresh water is used to irrigate farmland. Pacing the supermarket aisle, you might think that whatever you’re buying for lunch or dinner is produced out there somewhere on the periphery of modern life. But globally, the equivalent of South America is now used to grow crops, and the equivalent of Africa is used to graze animals. Combined, this is more of the world’s surface than is occupied by forests and more than 10 times as much land as is occupied by all human settlement. And according to the World Resources Institute, we may need to add almost two Indias to the world’s existing farmland to meet food needs in the second half of this century. — but adding that farmland means cutting down forests, which store carbon, in order to graze more animals, which produce carbon.

But while many assume that vegetarianism and veganism are growing at least in rich parts of the world, those trend lines have been pretty flat for decades now in the U.S. — with per capita consumption of meat both here and in Europe growing dramatically over the last 50 years (more recently, beef has gotten somewhat less popular). And while some still believe that lab-grown and cultured meat represent the future of “animal” proteins, none of the major producers exactly took over the meat market

About three-quarters of all global agricultural land is vulnerable to substantial climate disruptions, NASA’s Jonas Jägermeyr says, “so mostly everywhere you look, things will change in one way or the other.” And that probably means the food you’re eating, too.

“The good news is, we’ve seen this show before — we’ve faced crises before,” says Mr. Barrett. The examples of success he cites are probably familiar: Innovations to solve the challenges of the Dust Bowl in America and later the Green Revolution in Asia allowed hundreds of millions of people to avoid starvation and helped usher in the fastest escape from extreme poverty the world has ever experienced.

Mr. Barrett sees plenty of promise on the horizon now, too: biofortified crops; new techniques to fix nitrogen from the air, limiting the use of fossil-fuel based fertilizer; resilient varieties, like flood-resistant rice, that are already transforming the paddies of South Asia. But there’s no magic-bullet solution, he says: We need a bundle of innovations and interventions.

In the United States, investment in agricultural research and development has fallen by almost a third in this young century, and “the failure to invest in improving agricultural productivity, especially of healthier foods, basically traces to complacency,” Mr. Barrett says. All told, he believes that agricultural research and development spending needs to at least triple to keep pace with booming demand.

Mr. Jägermeyr of NASA calls it “the challenge of our generation” — how to save the food system from what he calls a “quadruple squeeze.” First, the problem of productivity and hunger. Second, the risk to ecosystems, under threat from fertilizer runoff deforestation and other pollution. Third, the challenge of nutritional deficiency, as those foods we are growing more of are generally getting worse for us over time. And finally climate, which is driving a “fundamental change across most breadbaskets on the planet,” he says. “It’s pretty complicated,” he admits. “And the scary part is that we have to solve them all.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/28/opinion/food-climate-crisis-prices.html
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Aris Roussinos: Has ethnic conflict come to Britain?

Aris Roussinos: Has ethnic conflict come to Britain?

Riots that began in Southport last week have since spread to London, Rotherham, Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Bolton and Northern Ireland. UnHerd columnist Aris Roussinos was on the ground in Belfast as a firsthand witness to what he calls the 'ethnic conflict' of our era. He spoke to Freddie Sayers about what he saw and how  civil clashes might change the future of the UK.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#27]
UK media issuing threats on behalf of the government.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Russia & China will control Africa.

US COMPLETES WITHDRAWAL FROM NIGER

Monday, the US Department of Defense and Niger’s Department of National Defense of the Republic issued a joint statement saying, "the withdrawal of U.S. forces and assets from Air Base 201 in Agadez is complete. This effort began on May 19 following the mutual establishment of withdrawal conditions and coordination will continue between U.S. and Nigerien armed forces over the coming weeks to ensure the full withdrawal is complete as planned," the statement said.

"Nigerien Air Base 201, near Agadez in central Niger, was improved by the United States to support enhanced defense cooperation with the Nigerien armed forces and regional counterterrorism efforts."

The US had previously withdrawn its troops from Airbase 101 in June, after Niger’s ruling junta demanded American troops leave and invited Russian troops into the country in their place.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#29]

https://shadowman.substack.com/p/bracken-the-cw2-cube-mapping-the

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#30]
“I’m TERRIFIED”: Tommy Robinson Responds After UK Elites Suggest He Caused Riots

“I’m TERRIFIED”: Tommy Robinson Responds After UK Elites Suggest He Caused Riots

Protests and riots broke out across the United Kingdom after a 17-year-old, who some falsely believed was a Muslim immigrant, stabbed 3 young girls. Since then, the media and leftist government have pounced, declaring the riots a display of “far-right extremism” and racism. The UK’s new Prime Minister has vowed to arrest those involved (despite allowing immigrants to call for Jihad on the streets of London) … and he also hinted that he’s blaming independent journalist Tommy Robinson for stoking the violence. Tommy, who was once arrested for his reporting and is now facing 2 years in prison for making a documentary, joins Glenn to set the record straight. Calling in from Cyprus, he argues that his solution has always been peaceful protest, not violence. Plus, he breaks down what he believes led to these protests: years of cover-ups by British authorities of heinous crimes committed by Muslim immigrants.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#31]

James Rickards: The U.S. Economy's Signaling "We're Heading Into A Very Serious Recession"
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Russia & China will control Africa.

US COMPLETES WITHDRAWAL FROM NIGER

Monday, the US Department of Defense and Niger’s Department of National Defense of the Republic issued a joint statement saying, "the withdrawal of U.S. forces and assets from Air Base 201 in Agadez is complete. This effort began on May 19 following the mutual establishment of withdrawal conditions and coordination will continue between U.S. and Nigerien armed forces over the coming weeks to ensure the full withdrawal is complete as planned," the statement said.

"Nigerien Air Base 201, near Agadez in central Niger, was improved by the United States to support enhanced defense cooperation with the Nigerien armed forces and regional counterterrorism efforts."

The US had previously withdrawn its troops from Airbase 101 in June, after Niger’s ruling junta demanded American troops leave and invited Russian troops into the country in their place.
View Quote

Great!

More lost influence! Yay!
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Video:

View Quote

No matter who wins in November, we are all heading towards the abyss.

They Are “Trump-Proofing” The Government By Planning Civil War

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I have to admit, I’ve lost a lot of respect for Nigel Farage after watching this. The middle of the road is for roadkill.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I have to admit, I’ve lost a lot of respect for Nigel Farage after watching this. The middle of the road is for roadkill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsSTAMKohQ

View Quote

I haven't watched yet, but I'm sure he (and others, with similar views) are running scared; feeling quite intimidated by TPTB, right now.

They're way ahead of us in the tyranny dept.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

He makes some good points about equality in policing, excessive illegal immigration, riots (vs legitimate protesting), and other similar things. Where I think he goes off track is that it appears that he believes the scads of Muslims that have invaded their country illegally can peacefully co-exist with native Britons. Experience should have clearly demonstrated that simply isn't so.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

He makes some good points about equality in policing, excessive illegal immigration, riots (vs legitimate protesting), and other similar things. Where I think he goes off track is that it appears that he believes the scads of Muslims that have invaded their country illegally can peacefully co-exist with native Britons. Experience should have clearly demonstrated that simply isn't so.
View All Quotes

Right out of the gate, he condemns street protests and basically lumps everyone in the same group as committing violent acts.  Not everyone was setting fires to hotels here, but by his standards a street protest is the same as setting firs and committing violence.  I guess in his view, elections are the only form of grievance towards government and everyone saw how skewed that was on the July 4 election. Because of that, I suppose he thinks everyone should just keep their mouth shut until the next election?

After that, he then goes on to call Tommy Robinson a promoter of hate and a member of the far right to show he placates the Left on this very issue.  By doing that, he’s giving credibility to the Leftist media that groups everyone against the bringing in of huge numbers of immigrants into the country as being Far Right Nazis.

Tommy Robinson has been spotlighting the crimes of grooming grooming young girls and the raping of young girls & women within communities by some Muslim communities for decades.  Not all cultures are the same and are not compatible together because of those cultural differences.  That’s where the two-tier policing actually started by not following the law of the land.  Muslim Law is not compatible with English Law.  The police have looked the other way for decades now.

Yes, Nigel Farage makes some good points along the way but only as as he tries to be the “voice of reason” by criticizing both sides, thus putting those outcries against these murders on the same level as the murderers and communities that protects them.  They are not on the same level at all.  These by far are not the first attacks or even murders to happen in the UK and this will not end as long as one side is handled with kid gloves and the other side is handled with and iron fist.

He’s become the Lindsey Graham of the UK.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#39]
The UK government is sounding a lot like they’re going to do what the CCP did by going after some people in Australia who criticized the CCP.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#41]

The Rise of Communism and Islam: Urgent Warning for Western Civilization

The Rise of Communism and Islam: Ret. Major Stephen Coughlin's Urgent Warning for Western Civilization

https://unconstrainedanalytics.org/the-rise-of-communism-and-islam-urgent-warning-for-western-civilization/
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#42]
The UK government is sounding a lot like they’re going to do what the CCP did by going after some people in Australia who criticized the CCP.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#43]

"Coffee and a Mike" Michael Yon and Matt Bracken | SANCTIONS ARE LAST DESPERATION OF AN EMPIRE

Michael Yon, a war correspondent, author, photographer and Navy Seal, author, historian Matt Bracken come on the podcast to discuss the Israel, Iran, Houthis, unrest in the UK, illegals flowing all over the world, Trump assassination attempt much more.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJps2BWN5E

Dr. Phil: Why The U.S. Won't Survive The Next 5 Years

Is America heading towards a second Civil War? Explore the warnings of economic collapse, rising political divides, and the threat of secession. Join the discussion on whether we can fix our issues or if it's time for a drastic change. Don’t miss this crucial analysis.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYEecJAOjM

Dr. Phil: Could This New Change Ignite a Civil War?

Is America heading for a split? Discover the shocking views of those pushing for Texas and New Hampshire secession. Learn about the personal tragedies fueling this movement, the economics of independence, and the federal government’s role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJps2BWN5E

Dr. Phil: Why The U.S. Won't Survive The Next 5 Years

Is America heading towards a second Civil War? Explore the warnings of economic collapse, rising political divides, and the threat of secession. Join the discussion on whether we can fix our issues or if it's time for a drastic change. Don’t miss this crucial analysis.

Youtube has been messing with imbedding features, so just click the red link to open another window that should work without verification.  I’ve also included a larger link to make it a bit easier.

Does Dr. Phil Think Texas Should LEAVE America?

https://youtu.be/0Fk0-AqRDWs?si=eQxPxiXmZJGT2IP9

Does Dr. Phil Think Texas Should LEAVE America?

Welcome back to the Texas News Podcast. It’s been a little while, and we have some exciting things to catch up on. The mainstream media is finally taking notice – I was featured on Dr. Phil Primetime to discuss TNM and the TEXIT movement. It’s vital that we go over and discuss what was edited out, if it was fair coverage, and my response to Dr. Phil’s closing remarks that called me “reckless.” We also show you a clip of Dan Golvach’s video testimony, Carla Gericke’s remarks, and talk about how hard it is to truly convey a message when a panel is as large as it was and a show is restricted to an hour.

It all boils down to this: We were set up for success with the people on the panel, and editing is a natural part of media, whether it helps the cause or not. As much as I appreciate Dr. Phil's invite onto his show, his closing remarks showed an unrealistic and perhaps delusional approach to fixing America. There’s a danger to assuming everyone will link pinkies and sing kumbaya without an amicable solution. Texans are suffering and it continues to be true – we need political independence.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#45]

"Coffee and a Mike" Michael Yon and Matt Bracken | SANCTIONS ARE LAST DESPERATION OF AN EMPIRE

Michael Yon, a war correspondent, author, photographer and Navy Seal, author, historian Matt Bracken come on the podcast to discuss the Israel, Iran, Houthis, unrest in the UK, illegals flowing all over the world, Trump assassination attempt much more.
View Quote

That was an excellent listen . I've been sharing the crap out of it .
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#46]
LARGEST LAND GRAB SINCE 1800's | Nearly 100M Farm Acres in path of "necessary" Eminent Domain.

https://youtu.be/LmGi_DBoVkA?si=T36M6UIH0iAPv_FD

LARGEST LAND GRAB SINCE 1800's | Nearly 100M Farm Acres in path of "necessary" Eminent Domain.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Right out of the gate, he condemns street protests and basically lumps everyone in the same group as committing violent acts.  Not everyone was setting fires to hotels here, but by his standards a street protest is the same as setting firs and committing violence.  I guess in his view, elections are the only form of grievance towards government and everyone saw how skewed that was on the July 4 election. Because of that, I suppose he thinks everyone should just keep their mouth shut until the next election?

After that, he then goes on to call Tommy Robinson a promoter of hate and a member of the far right to show he placates the Left on this very issue.  By doing that, he’s giving credibility to the Leftist media that groups everyone against the bringing in of huge numbers of immigrants into the country as being Far Right Nazis.

Tommy Robinson has been spotlighting the crimes of grooming grooming young girls and the raping of young girls & women within communities by some Muslim communities for decades.  Not all cultures are the same and are not compatible together because of those cultural differences.  That’s where the two-tier policing actually started by not following the law of the land.  Muslim Law is not compatible with English Law.  The police have looked the other way for decades now.

Yes, Nigel Farage makes some good points along the way but only as as he tries to be the “voice of reason” by criticizing both sides, thus putting those outcries against these murders on the same level as the murderers and communities that protects them.  They are not on the same level at all.  These by far are not the first attacks or even murders to happen in the UK and this will not end as long as one side is handled with kid gloves and the other side is handled with and iron fist.

View All Quotes

He used to have a visceral dislike for bureaucracy both in the UK and EU (hence him leading Brexit). Seems as though he criticizes all the parties in Britain equally (which is odd). I think he's anti-shithole immigrants coming into the country and acting like savages but doesn't want to come across as bigoted (which is what happens when you allow the lamestream media to affect your course in life). I'm not sure where he stands on a lot of things now except that he sees Britain as being in a very precarious situation. Join the club, pal.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#48]

He used to have a visceral dislike for bureaucracy both in the UK and EU (hence him leading Brexit). Seems as though he criticizes all the parties in Britain equally (which is odd). I think he's anti-shithole immigrants coming into the country and acting like savages but doesn't want to come across as bigoted (which is what happens when you allow the lamestream media to affect your course in life). I'm not sure where he stands on a lot of things now except that he sees Britain as being in a very precarious situation. Join the club, pal.
View All Quotes

Yep.  He may have won BREXIT but the hardest part of all is to keep it and he’s showing he unwilling to do what it takes to do that.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Vids  ^^

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Vids  ^^

View Quote

One way or another, they want to “silence” any and all opposing voices.  

Page / 311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top