Page / 3159
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sublimeshooter] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Kimchi is evil.

That's all I've got to say about that.
View Quote
I'm thinking all stuffs that Start with a K are evil in Wisconsin. Kimchi just because, killepitsch killed me once in Millwaukee, Kuraki to my wallet....

ETA, that's officially the coolest bayonet ever!
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxxII] [#2]
Originally Posted By sublimeshooter:
I'm thinking all stuffs that Start with a K are evil in Wisconsin. Kimchi just because, killepitsch killed me once in Millwaukee, Kuraki to my wallet....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Kimchi is evil.

yeah, that bayonet is pretty awesome.....I thought it was deer antler...turns out it's actually Yeti horn. Much harder and much less common. It can only be harvested by hand in Wisconsin. Apparently, Kuraki fought it hand to hand and won, claiming the title and it's horns.

I was holding it up to admire it as we left a gas station and some passer by saw it and was instantly jealous. As a Wisconsin native, he immediately recognized the Yeti horn for what it was and assumed I had been the one to defeat the beast....I did not roll down the window to tell him the truth since it was -87F outside.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, that bayonet is pretty awesome.....I thought it was deer antler...turns out it's actually Yeti horn. Much harder and much less common. It can only be harvested by hand in Wisconsin. Apparently, Kuraki fought it hand to hand and won, claiming the title and it's horns.

I was holding it up to admire it as we left a gas station and some passer by saw it and was instantly jealous. As a Wisconsin native, he immediately recognized the Yeti horn for what it was and assumed I had been the one to defeat the beast....I did not roll down the window to tell him the truth since it was -87F outside.

View All Quotes

Kimchi is evil.

Girly man. I was on the deck using the grill in nothing but a t-shirt, pj pants and barefoot yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Girly man. I was on the deck using the grill in nothing but a t-shirt, pj pants and barefoot yesterday.
View Quote
I'm from the south. I dont handle the Arctic weather as well. My Irish ancestors would be ashamed...

I'd love to claim Viking ancestry....but I'd be lying, and they'd be ashamed as well.

Irish anger only keeps you so warm...then you have to turn to alcohol.

Hence the beer and drinking "Wisconsibly"
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
Did he bow to you? I was under the understanding that only royalty were allowed to possess such a rare and majestic piece. Or perhaps he merely wanted a glimpse of it, from who he could've only assumed slayed the beast, and was in route to present the trophy to his majesty.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
@DFARM

You've disappeared from this thread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm from the south. I dont handle the Arctic weather as well. My Irish ancestors would be ashamed...

I'd love to claim Viking ancestry....but I'd be lying, and they'd be ashamed as well.

View All Quotes

What's funny is that I'm the biggest pussy when it comes to being cold.

Why'd I have to meet a woman from northern IL? I could be back in CO or NM.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Did he bow to you? I was under the understanding that only royalty were allowed to possess such a rare and majestic piece. Or perhaps he merely wanted a glimpse of it, from who he could've only assumed slayed the beast, and was in route to present the trophy to his majesty.
View All Quotes

It was so cold outside I honestly couldnt tell if he bowed or fell over dead from the cold...either way I wasnt getting out of the car to find out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I dont know...my buddy and I bitched out pretty quick.

We didnt admit until Kuraki stated he thought it was cold outside, and then we starting crying like high school girls who just met Justin Bieber or whoever the latest boy band crush is....

We just needed the validation that the frostbite we were feeling was real.

Kuraki has a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Mars. Ridgebacks are from Africa. His dog handled the snow and Endless Winter better than we did and I'm, fairly sure that I have more body hair than the dog...and I cant grow a beard. It's embarrassing....
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]

We didnt admit until Kuraki stated he thought it was cold outside, and then we starting crying like high school girls who just met Justin Bieber or whoever the latest boy band crush is....

Kuraki has a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Mars. Ridgebacks are from Africa. His dog handled the snow and Endless Winter better than we did and I'm, fairly sure that I have more body hair than the dog...and I cant grow a beard. It's embarrassing....
View All Quotes

Shit....I don't if life would be worth living if I couldn't grow a beard. Mine is currently down to the top of my stomach.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HankZudd:

a local army surplus store in austin had one of those for sale several years ago; forgot
what they wanted but it seemed obscene (to me) at the time
View Quote
In good shape with the edge protector $150 is about the going rate. It is a serious piece - extremely solid and Cattaraugus steel was top quality for the times. Add to that the WWII memorabilia aspect and collectability of Cattaraugus in general and there you have it. Their little vintage folders can get way higher - one is listed for $750 on the bay right now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
View Quote
And you wondered why I asked for hot sauce at the restaurant.

The most screwed up thing I saw in Wisconsin was not the Yeti and the Polar Bears eating people stranded on the roads, or the random Somali refugees snowed in at a Flying J Truckstop in rural Wisconsin....it was actually the surfboards on the car in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at the next town over....

Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The blue titanium deep carry clip I ordered March 2nd just shipped.  Few days and I'll have a pic for you guys.

Blue Carry Clip
View Quote
I like that
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:
I machined a brass wave for my new Voyager, no mods necessary, it secures through the thumb stud hole with a stainless cap screw.

Deploys faster than an auto

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402525/IMG_2416-517380.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402525/IMG_2423-517382.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402525/IMG_2420-517396.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402525/IMG_2425-517392.JPG
View Quote
That is really slick.

Great job attaching it to the thumbstud.

The wave is awesome
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Shit....I don't if life would be worth living if I couldn't grow a beard. Mine is currently down to the top of my stomach.
View Quote
I get something that resembles a patchwork quilt or a dog with mange.....just depends on how you look at it.

And it takes a long time to come in.

True story...

In Marine Corps boot camp, we all issued a half can of Edge shaving gel.
That can lasted me all through boot camp, (3.5 months), all through MCT, 1 month, and half of SOI, (2 months).

In boot camp, we were "inspected" every day for health and comfort. Shaving was mandatory. My bunkmate, Jim Lewis, needed to shave 2x daily. He actually got up early to shave because he was so hairy. Guy took his shirt off and you could see the back hair in his shadow.

I went three days without shaving just to be ornery....No one noticed.

Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#18]

The most screwed up thing I saw in Wisconsin was not the Yeti and the Polar Bears eating people stranded on the roads, or the random Somali refugees snowed in at a Flying J Truckstop in rural Wisconsin....it was actually the surfboards on the car in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at the next town over....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/Surfboards_in_Wisconsin-517589.jpg
View Quote
I think you're a good story teller. I intend to invite you to my next bonfire. Pic of last years for reference.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Kimchi is evil.

View Quote
Kimchi is life.

I could eat it every day
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Because I need to post pics in this thread....

Here are pictures of the bayonet that Kuraki made:

On my BCM rifle

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/IMG_1445-1-517464.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/IMG_1446-1-517465.jpg

And my Cold Steel Oyabun with a 9 inch blade:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/IMG_4393-1-281479.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/IMG_4395-1-281482.jpg
View Quote
Sweet sweet score on the bayo dude.

He did some awesome work on that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I think you're a good story teller. I intend to invite you to my next bonfire. Pic of last years for reference.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153852/IMG_4116-517605.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199644/Surfboards_in_Wisconsin-517589.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153852/IMG_4116-517605.JPG
Thank you, but I'm actually a former infantry Marine, which means I'm a high functioning idiot.
As long as you're not in the northern part of Ohio which may or may not be part of the Yeti habitat....and there is beer.....I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Kimchi is life.

I could eat it every day
View All Quotes

Kimchi is evil.

Kimchi is life.

I could eat it every day
I've been to Korea.
I've eaten a live octopus, and a bowl of fried crickets.
You're a sick individual and should seek help.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Sweet sweet score on the bayo dude.

He did some awesome work on that.
View Quote
It's freakin awesome.
No joke.

And he was unhappy with the finished product.

HE WAS UNHAPPY WITH IT.

Look at the picture again and read that sentence again.

When he finishes those Kukri's, I'm going to kill and skin a T Rex with them just because I know it will hold up and I can.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#24]

View Quote
Dogs are weird my pups hates rain but loves snow.

Attachment Attached File

No fur. Loves snow. A light drizzle and he won't go outside.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Thank you, but I'm actually a former infantry Marine, which means I'm a high functioning idiot.
As long as you're not in the northern part of Ohio which may or may not be part of the Yeti habitat....and there is beer.....I'm in.
View Quote
yeah, about that...  Eastern side of the North, but there's plenty of firepower around to keep them at bay if they get brazen enough to even chance an encounter. Beer, as in is there beer? Thats a survival mechanism in these parts.  There is always cold beer close by. We don't even hate on your choice... Budlight, coors, Miller Lite, Bush... Its all good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Dogs are weird my pups hates rain but loves snow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74651/snowdexter_zpsknjjar1l-517623.JPG

No fur. Loves snow. A light drizzle and he won't go outside.
View Quote
My Dane is the same.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#27]
yeah, about that...  Eastern side of the North, but there's plenty of firepower around to keep them at bay if they get brazen enough to even chance an encounter. Beer, as in is there beer? Thats a survival mechanism in these parts.  There is always cold beer close by. We don't even hate on your choice... Budlight, coors, Miller Lite, Bush... Its all good.
View All Quotes

I dont drink any of those....

I brought a MILF beer up to Kuraki, and it was glorious
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#28]

I get something that resembles a patchwork quilt or a dog with mange.....just depends on how you look at it.

And it takes a long time to come in.

True story...

In Marine Corps boot camp, we all issued a half can of Edge shaving gel.
That can lasted me all through boot camp, (3.5 months), all through MCT, 1 month, and half of SOI, (2 months).

In boot camp, we were "inspected" every day for health and comfort. Shaving was mandatory. My bunkmate, Jim Lewis, needed to shave 2x daily. He actually got up early to shave because he was so hairy. Guy took his shirt off and you could see the back hair in his shadow.

I went three days without shaving just to be ornery....No one noticed.

View Quote
I got smoked more than once in Basic because my Drill thought I didn't shave.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Kimchi is life.

I could eat it every day
View All Quotes

Kimchi is evil.

Kimchi is life.

I could eat it every day
Tried it once. Would rather drink acetone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#30]

My Dane is the same.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153852/IMG_3933-517641.JPG
View Quote
That's not a dog, that's a horse masquerading as a dog.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#31]

My Dane is the same.

View Quote
Is that a Holstein, or a Hereford?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Page 124 ... no knife ... wtf?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#33]

I've been to Korea.
View Quote
I've eaten both of these. Kimchi would make both better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
That was not an issue for me. I dont know if you guys ever had to make the walls sweat, but I was fortunate enough to do so on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
View Quote
Do bayonets count?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I had Kimchi once.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

My Dane is the same.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153852/IMG_3933-517641.JPG
Holstein. Hereford are brown and white.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Come to some location within 8 hours of St Louis Mo and I will match you bite for bite.

God...that sounds oddly homo-erotic....

But you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#39]
That was not an issue for me. I dont know if you guys ever had to make the walls sweat, but I was fortunate enough to do so on more than one occasion.
View All Quotes

Oh lord yes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Holstein. Hereford are brown and white.
View Quote
Bulls are bulls.....big animals with alot of meat.
Good bait for Yeti's....
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I had Kimchi once.
View Quote
Probably made your beard grow, dammit.
I bet I never would have had facial hair at all if I didnt eat kimchi once....
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
View Quote
Since we’re talking pooches as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#43]

My Dane is the same.

View Quote
Fun fact for those of you who dont live in cattle country...

Those hay rolls are 8 feet high.

That dog is at least 6 feet at the shoulder.

@sublimeshooter
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#44]
@DFARM

You've disappeared from this thread.
View Quote
Life happens.  I had a scheduled vacation, then a day before I left for the vacation, my employer told me that I'd be going out of town less than two weeks after I got back. I've been scrambling to get stuff in order around the house before I go.

I rushed to get this thing done so I could take it with me on the trip for work. (Can't take any of my normal EDC lineup due to local laws where I'll be going)

Mistakes were made, I'll probably make a new set of handles for it later.  I like the blade so far though. (I nicked myself pretty good with it while sharpening lol)

I ended up chickening out and going with a flat grind instead of a hollow grind, to avoid messing up again.

I heated the blade to non magnetic and quenched in peanut oil.  Probably not ideal for 1095, but it skated a file.  I tempered in the oven for an hour at 400°.  It was a straw color when it was cooled.  It still skates a file, so it's probably a bit on the hard side, but I don't anticipate beating on it.  Let's hope for the best. Lol

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Fun fact for those of you who dont live in cattle country...

Those hay rolls are 8 feet high.

That dog is at least 6 feet at the shoulder.

@sublimeshooter
View Quote
LMAO  Yep, that's absolutely true.   I call her my house horse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Life happens.  I had a scheduled vacation, then a day before I left for the vacation, my employer told me that I'd be going out of town less than two weeks after I got back. I've been scrambling to get stuff in order around the house before I go.

I rushed to get this thing done so I could take it with me on the trip for work. (Can't take any of my normal EDC lineup due to local laws where I'll be going)

Mistakes were made, I'll probably make a new set of handles for it later.  I like the blade so far though. (I nicked myself pretty good with it while sharpening lol)

I ended up chickening out and going with a flat grind instead of a hollow grind, to avoid messing up again.

I heated the blade to non magnetic and quenched in peanut oil.  Probably not ideal for 1095, but it skated a file.  I tempered in the oven for an hour at 400°.  It was a straw color when it was cooled.  It still skates a file, so it's probably a bit on the hard side, but I don't anticipate beating on it.  Let's hope for the best. Lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78442/2018-04-16_22-517708.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78442/2018-04-16_22-517709.JPG
View Quote
Looks pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

I've been to Korea.
Kimchi rules :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:31:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: notwen] [#48]
Massdrop Terzuola CTF just dropped. Budget version of the Terzuola ATCF; G10 scales, Ti liners & a S35vn blade. First drop limited to run of 1500, 500 of each scale color.

eta : link

Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks pretty sweet!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DFARM:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78442/2018-04-16_22-517708.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78442/2018-04-16_22-517709.JPG
Looks pretty sweet!
Thank you.  Next up(when I get back) will be the needs work.  I've got it taken apart and cleaned up.  I need to order some handle material. I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go with that yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By notwen:
Massdrop Terzuola CTF just dropped. Budget version of the Terzuola ATCF; G10 scales, Ti liners & a S35vn blade. First drop limited to run of 1500, 500 of each scale color.

eta : link

https://massdrop-s3.imgix.net/product-images/massdrop-x-terzuola-ctf/AI7B7637_copy_page_3_20180410170638.jpg
View Quote
For those of us that do not have an account, what is the price?

Thanks!
Page / 3159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top