Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3287
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maleante:
I like all pizza but my favorite is pizza portuguesa.

Ham, onion, sliced hard boiled egg, peas, and green olive.

Just like this picture but they forgot the peas. Try it, you might enjoy it.

https://www.muttandchops.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/portuguesepizzafeature052017.jpg
View Quote

I will, thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WIC:
https://i.imgur.com/XVbI5u6.jpg
View Quote

At least the plating is solid
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
https://i.imgur.com/gZWaqH2.jpg
View Quote

Yes!

Would smash!
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]

That's what I assumed but admittedly never looked into it.
View Quote

Me either but I stick to classics
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View Quote

I’m guessing a couple burnt hotdogs, mustard, and baked beans.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Ahh...memories...
I learned to drive on a 79 280 Z 2+2, 5 speed.
That car was fun.
First car I ever bought all by myself was after a deployment.
1991 RX7.
I loved the RX.
View Quote

I learned to drive in my grandpa's Datsun 210 4 door. That's almost the same thing, right?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Check out Underwood ammo for some crazy bullets. The have ones called "Extreme Penetrator".
View Quote

Ohh those look similar.

Hrm
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#8]

https://i.imgur.com/7rD6gvk.jpg
View Quote

From the cart?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Generally, I’ll never turn down pizza (except for the naaaasty “pizza” I ate in Venezuela) but I can’t think of any situation where I’d order or make just an onion pizza.

View Quote

Red onion, pineapple and jalapeño is a favorite of mine
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]

But it is though?
The blade comes Out The Front.

Too many syrup shots rotting out your brain.
View Quote

Yeah. I didn't get that part.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.muttandchops.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/portuguesepizzafeature052017.jpg
View Quote

Interesting.

I figured there'd be some salted cod or linguica.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Got the Skiffs into the Demko. Another improvement.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Keeping the 111 with me today. Have a few projects needing done. Made this for a gift while retiring on the porch yesterday.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#14]
https://i.imgur.com/XVbI5u6.jpg
View Quote

Must have been good! Lol. What did you make? So, is the Tiger a candidate for micarta?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Uh huh.

Or you got one
View Quote

Really no idea.

Are you talking about a PDW Otter?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Must have been good! Lol. What did you make? So, is the Tiger a candidate for micarta?
View Quote

Friends visiting, they cooked picnic food, it was OK

Did you get my IM about washers etc? I don't trust the IM system...
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Got nothing yet. I trust FedEx more than Arfcom to deliver something reliably. Lol
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#18]

https://i.imgur.com/3wZ3HUH.jpg
View Quote

hehehe
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#19]

Got nothing yet. I trust FedEx more than Arfcom to deliver something reliably. Lol
View Quote

It was too much to type out and trust Arf with, so I saved it.

Here:

Thanks.

USA Knife Maker has the washers.

https://usaknifemaker.com/washer-phosphor-bronze-1-4-250-inside-hole-diameter.html

They are not all the same size in Emerson knives, but they can be all the same size.

Emerson uses thick nylatron washers. .03thick, .25ID for the pivot, different outside diameters

In order to reach that thickness with PB washers, you have to double up on each side of the blade.

The washers are stamped so sometimes there is a slight ridge. Just face the washers on each side so the ridge is on the inside of the washer sandwich and the smooth sides of the washers are on the blade and liner. Use lube. I use nano oil. Gunny glide is supposed to be good too. Whatever works for you.

The part that is different is the outer diameter. I do not understand why. The kwaiken and tiger both use 5/8" OD (.625) and the other size found in Emersons is 1/2" (.5). Depending on the model, sometimes it will have 5/8" on one side and 1/2" on the other. 

If you just want to buy one size, get the 1/2" OD ones. The OD makes no difference going smaller that I have ever discerned. If you think about it, bearing systems have a very tiny contact area. Less contact is moar better. 
So on each side of the blade it would be 2 washers at .015x.250x.500

Or for the price of the washers, get some of each size and play around with them. Whatever works. I just put 1/2" OD washers on my tiger and it feels great. It's like it is on bearings, very drop shutty. In fact I have poked myself and drawn blood numerous times this morning.

For the thumb disk access, an oversized disk can make all the difference. Check out Gray Precision. Or, if you want a little more height, the 45 cal thumb disks raise the disk up a bit and are a bit bigger diameter. There are a bunch of people out there doing disks.

As to preference, I have often said if I had to pick one Emerson it would probably be the Kwaiken. Not sure it is my favorite, and some of the others do some things better, but it is the best all rounder. However, if I am traveling and grabbing one for SD, I will grab a fighter like the Tiger or Hattin over the kwaiken.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Due to the cook's position in a secretive government agency, I am not at liberty to talk about the food, or criticize it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

maybe UPS intercepted my message and burned it
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Here:

Thanks.

https://usaknifemaker.com/washer-phosphor-bronze-1-4-250-inside-hole-diameter.html

They are not all the same size in Emerson knives, but they can be all the same size.

Emerson uses thick nylatron washers. .03thick, .25ID for the pivot, different outside diameters

In order to reach that thickness with PB washers, you have to double up on each side of the blade.

The washers are stamped so sometimes there is a slight ridge. Just face the washers on each side so the ridge is on the inside of the washer sandwich and the smooth sides of the washers are on the blade and liner. Use lube. I use nano oil. Gunny lube is supposed to be good too. Whatever works for you.

The part that is different is the outer diameter. I do not understand why. The kwaiken and tiger both use 5/8" OD (.625) and the other size found in Emersons is 1/2" (.5). Depending on the model, sometimes it will have 5/8" on one side and 1/2" on the other. 

If you just want to buy one size, get the 1/2" OD ones. The OD makes no difference going smaller that I have ever discerned. If you think about it, bearing systems have a very tiny contact area. Less contact is moar better. 

Or for the price of the washers, get some of each size and play around with them. Whatever works. I just put 1/2" OD washers on my tiger and it feels great. It's like it is on bearings, very drop shutty. In fact I have poked myself and drawn blood numerous times this morning.

For the thumb disk access, an oversized disk can make all the difference. Check out Gray Precision. Or, if you want a little more height, the 45 cal thumb disks raise the disk up a bit and are a bit bigger diameter. There are a bunch of people out there doing disks.

As to preference, I have often said if I had to pick one Emerson it would probably be the Kwaiken. Not sure it is my favorite, and some of the others do some things better, but it is the best all rounder. However, if I am traveling and grabbing one for SD, I will grab a fighter like the Tiger or Hattin over the kwaiken.
View All Quotes

Here:

Thanks.

The washers are stamped so sometimes there is a slight ridge. Just face the washers on each side so the ridge is on the inside of the washer sandwich and the smooth sides of the washers are on the blade and liner. Use lube. I use nano oil. Gunny lube is supposed to be good too. Whatever works for you.

Thanks for the info and input!
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#23]

If only it didn't have to have such a huge choil for the button.

You going to remove the second detent?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
New toy, don't ask what happened to the old one.  The CF feels good in hand, and I don't mind all the holes on this knife for some reason!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/20220708_132723_jpg-2445592.JPG

If only it didn't have to have such a huge choil for the button.

You going to remove the second detent?

Agree on the choil, really takes away from the usable blade length.

I had read about people removing the 2nd detent.  What advantage does that bring?  I might give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Bought a Khukri from Knives by Hand last month.

I've wanted one ever since seeing Alan Kay on the first season of Alone back in 2015.

The 12" Survival Balanced version.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bring on the zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#25]

I had read about people removing the 2nd detent.  What advantage does that bring?  I might give it a whirl.
View Quote

It eliminates extra drag on the action. I didn't feel it was necessary on the one I had, but a lot of people do it. Might just be one of those things that some chucklehead on youtube did and then everyone else started doing it too because people are lemmings.

I liked the look, action and grind but I kept catching shit on the choil and it drove me nuts.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Bought a Khukri from Knives by Hand last month.

I've wanted one ever since seeing Alan Kay on the first season of Alone back in 2015.

The 12" Survival Balanced version.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/Khukri_01_jpg-2446615.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/Khukri_02_jpg-2446616.JPG

Bring on the zombie apocalypse.
View Quote

Looks choppy!
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#27]

It eliminates extra drag on the action. I didn't feel it was necessary on the one I had, but a lot of people do it. Might just be one of those things that some chucklehead on youtube did and then everyone else started doing it too because people are lemmings.

I liked the look, action and grind but I kept catching shit on the choil and it drove me nuts.
View All Quotes

I've never had any issues with the 2nd detent (other than almost losing it the first time I disassembled it). Mine flies out smooth as butter.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]

I did it on a whim. It wasn't bad.
View All Quotes

Generally, I'll never turn down pizza (except for the naaaasty "pizza" I ate in Venezuela) but I can't think of any situation where I'd order or make just an onion pizza.

I did it on a whim. It wasn't bad.
I like it. But I like plain cheese and other simple single ingredient pizzas as well. Well, really I like just about any combination of normal pizza ingredients. Did I mention, I like pizza?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
That looks like it could be good but I'm not sure about the eggs. Also I'm really pretty sure they got it right leaving off the peas.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#30]

I learned to drive in my grandpa's Datsun 210 4 door. That's almost the same thing, right?
View All Quotes

Ahh...memories...
That car was fun.
1991 RX7.
I loved the RX.

Fellow Domino's driver when I was in college had a 710 (wagon) he had done stuff to and it was pretty sporty. Don't think so about a 210 though.

Most of the more recent modified search examples are way overly stanced - this one looks decent.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#31]

That's two Blade Magazine cover people in this thread, (that I know of...might be more)!
View Quote

Hell yeah!

Actually maybe more. I need to do some research
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Ahh...memories...
That car was fun.
1991 RX7.
I loved the RX.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Or in the portholes....
View Quote

Solid point
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

And Jesus wept....
View Quote

Ha! Where we used to live had Desi pizza. Pizzas with Indian (subcontinent) toppings.

So good.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
That looks like it could be good but I'm not sure about the eggs. Also I'm really pretty sure they got it right leaving off the peas.
View Quote

From looking at recipes/background it sounds like the eggs and olives are about the only thing that is always included. Lots of variations on the other ingredients. I'm going to try it, maybe even tonight. Still have two balls of dough in the fridge to get used up.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Ha! Where we used to live had Desi pizza. Pizzas with Indian (subcontinent) toppings.

So good.
View Quote

Yeah I'm going to have to try that, too. I love Indian food.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Erff.

I eat lots of beans but baked beans are gross.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Damn. People talking about classics
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#40]

From the cart?
View Quote

There’s money in the hotdog cart.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Wife found a over-burner griddle for cheap she wanted to try so I made a knock off version of one of my favorite foods.

Hashed browns smothered covered and peppered.

Ignore the weird cut onions, they were scraps from something the wife was doing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Starscream does your kid have Mario strikers battle league yet?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I like it. But I like plain cheese and other simple single ingredient pizzas as well. Well, really I like just about any combination of normal pizza ingredients. Did I mention, I like pizza?
View Quote

like mushrooms?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/3wZ3HUH.jpg
View Quote

Damn. I need to order some Skiffs or Tacos.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

do you even have to aim it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Keeping the 111 with me today. Have a few projects needing done. Made this for a gift while retiring on the porch yesterday.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/coffee7-9-22_JPG-2446429.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/fobsnake_JPG-2446430.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/fobwords_JPG-2446431.JPG
View Quote

Very cool and you remembered to retire.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Really no idea.

Are you talking about a PDW Otter?
View Quote

MBK Sea Otter
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

General direction seems to work.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

General direction seems to work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#50]

like mushrooms?
View All Quotes

like mushrooms?
I need to go find some and do that. Old pics.

Page / 3287
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top