BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3296
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arch64:

If by helping in knife addiction you mean showing us more expensive knives we should buy, then I agree.
View Quote

My choice of words was deliberate. I said helping IN addiction, not helping WITH or FIGHT or RESIST or anything else like that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Nice pic!
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

The last time I went to one it was way too expensive, the meat was just OK, and the rest of the food was typical crappy buffet food.

I don't know what this means.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Kiddo and I drove past a new Brazilian steakhouse that opened recently and he wants to go

I said "want a new knife or Brazilian steakhouse?" As the last time I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse it was 80 bucks a head and I don't know what they charge. He said he wants the meats.

Not sure about his priorities.

The last time I went to one it was way too expensive, the meat was just OK, and the rest of the food was typical crappy buffet food.

I'm working on putting all vowels and half of consonants through my nose.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Firetac Friday

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]

If by helping in knife addiction you mean showing us more expensive knives we should buy, then I agree.
View All Quotes

We support each other not only in knife addiction, but in other aspects of life as well!

Great advice right here.

Dont hate the player, Archie...
Hate the game.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Challenged wife to cornhole

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I like the machining on the obsidian.
View Quote

It is my favorite of the bunch for carry. Lightning fast, easy to control, spring latch, a bit thinner than the others. Unfortunately it is made in China (the rest are US-made) but they did a great job, I highly recommend one. Came with a training blade too.

The Basilisk is my favorite for flipping. Twirls smooth in the hand, pivots are smooth as butter, excellent balance, no wonder theyre so sought after. I did break off the tip dropping it on Day 2. I think part of my soul died. Instant depreciation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]

I would cut myself to ribbons.

In a heartbeat.

Probably synced up with arterial spraying
View Quote

So long as you hold the "safe" handle and take your time you can greatly reduce risk of injury. Also a great way to appear intimidating without bring threatening! I tell people they're just fidget spinners.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Another round of shrimp culichi. This restaurant wasn’t as good. Not bad, just not as good. And no fish shaped plates.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Learn to take better pics and you could make a bunch of money selling feet pics to degenerates. My niece makes a killing on OF with non-nude feet only pics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By maleante:

Learn to take better pics and you could make a bunch of money selling feet pics to degenerates. My niece makes a killing on OF with non-nude feet only pics.
View Quote

Thats because the femcentric systems allow girls to make money without working. I'm male so that won't work well for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Seriously stupid. There was a cottage industry customizing two models of their knives, people were buying them to mod them and they're killing it. Self defeating but good for us I guess
View Quote

The bm cock gobblers slurp those bm balls all day long no matter the gun chopping or dem donations. But this, this hits them square in the eye with bm std sauce.

I hope they enjoy that cognitive dissonance.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Hahaha! Roads are going to be fucked, tiny towns crammed to overflowing, good luck finding any place to park an RV, etc. Same tip I gave to WIC, though, if in Hill City, get lunch at the Alpine Inn. And get dessert. If it works with your timing, get breakfast at the Aladdin Cafe in Aladdin, WY, though it is a tiny bit out of the way. The steakhouse and the bar next door in Beulah, WY are very good. The Vore Buffalo Jump is pretty interesting.

If you go into Deadwood, the current saloon #10 is not the original location and not where wild bill was shot. I forget the name of the bar in the correct location but I'm sure Google can find it. The whole town burned down though so none of it is original to that anyway. The midnight star has a bunch of stuff from Costner's movies (costumes, etc.) and is neat to see if you're nearby anyway but probably not worth going just for that. Jake's (restaurant on the third story of the midnight star) is world class fine dining, seriously, but I'm guessing they're fully booked during the rally.

Custer state park is worth a day for sure. Many years ago we spent several hours helping a park ranger get a bull elk untangled from a fence he'd unsuccessfully tried to jump, gave it some water by hand from a Tupperware, etc, only to find once it finally was able to try to stand that it had broken it's leg and had to be shot.
View Quote

Nature is cruel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#15]
https://i.imgur.com/qKawfYY.jpeg

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Nature is cruel.
View Quote

Indeed. I'm not lamenting it, there are thousands more of them, and I've shot a couple myself, but it was, I imagine, a fairly unique experience. And the park really is very good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#17]
Glitch in the matrix.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]

UT?

I watch a series on Netflix or Hulu (keep sweet or something like that) about people who left the church. It was interesting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FrozenWinter:
my usual EDC knice
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199178/20220729_131650-2469577.jpg
Only Strider knife I own, bought it from another member here years ago.
View Quote

Not so much a fan of the blade graphics but I’m liking the knife design overall.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#20]

It pays for itself
View Quote

If they gave 2% back to all members think they’d make more money from the midlife and retired crowd that have nothing better to do than cruise Costco midday looking for new pastel polos to tuck into their khaki shorts on the golf course. They’re all lemming dressers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Took it apart to sand the scales to a usable point (especially under the pocket clip) and installed the PB washers and a bronze Grey disc I had around. Mo' betta' already but they literally require micarta IMO. Easy and I didn't have to fight with centering it back up at all.

https://i.imgur.com/hHxWxZG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H4lhPCw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/80po9wl.jpg
View Quote

Very nice. Mine has some issues I need to remedy. Haven’t had time to disassemble it yet. Summer is hotdog season. Gotta gotta lay pipe when it’s your turn.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Don't come in here expecting us to talk you out of buying knives. Lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

It is my favorite of the bunch for carry. Lightning fast, easy to control, spring latch, a bit thinner than the others. Unfortunately it is made in China (the rest are US-made) but they did a great job, I highly recommend one. Came with a training blade too.

The Basilisk is my favorite for flipping. Twirls smooth in the hand, pivots are smooth as butter, excellent balance, no wonder theyre so sought after. I did break off the tip dropping it on Day 2. I think part of my soul died. Instant depreciation.
View Quote

My only balis are a cheapo trainer from Amazon, a "jaguar" cheapo that I got at a pawn shop in Duncan, Oklahoma years ago and a Kershaw lucha with flytanium scales. The Kershaw is by far the nicest of the bunch, but I can't really carry it in a useful way because the flytanium scales don't have a latch or pocket clip.

Your collection is pretty sweet.

View Quote

I should look into this while we're homeless. Lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Any ideas what it is for? It was in the truck console.

Only thing I am coming up with is engine block heater, but I didn’t see anywhere to plug it in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Kiddo and I drove past a new Brazilian steakhouse that opened recently and he wants to go

I said "want a new knife or Brazilian steakhouse?" As the last time I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse it was 80 bucks a head and I don't know what they charge. He said he wants the meats.

Not sure about his priorities.

I'm working on putting all vowels and half of consonants through my nose.

View Quote

I can’t take churrascaria in the USA seriously when they charge $75+ a person. Brazilians find it very comical to see a meal that should cost $$ being $$$$$. One of the best churrascaria in the USA is found in Everett MA. They only charge $13.99 for dinner yet you get the same cuts and unlimited portions as Texas de brasil, espetus, fogo de chão, tucanos, rodízio, etc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Firetac Friday

https://i.imgur.com/nRGfb4t.jpg
View Quote

What are you?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Is this innuendo?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Thats because the femcentric systems allow girls to make money without working. I'm male so that won't work well for me.
View Quote

You’d be surprised at what dudes can pull in on of…
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#30]

I like the machining on the obsidian.

That's pretty cool. I should get or make a small hawk like that someday.

Pics look good to me.

Morning activities:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG4112_JPG-2469493.JPG

Guess who was a bonehead and didn't realize that the biker rally was in Sturgis the same time I was going to be in the area. This could make things interesting.
View Quote

Time to get promoted to Road Captain?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Pro tip - Underwear goes on the inside of your pants.

2nd Pro Tip - Be you. Girls will come....once you get off the compound.
View Quote

Solid advice.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Taking pictures is a skill I have not yet mastered.
Its oil on the blade.
View Quote

I'm assuming you mean tree oil
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Hahaha! Roads are going to be fucked, tiny towns crammed to overflowing, good luck finding any place to park an RV, etc. Same tip I gave to WIC, though, if in Hill City, get lunch at the Alpine Inn. And get dessert. If it works with your timing, get breakfast at the Aladdin Cafe in Aladdin, WY, though it is a tiny bit out of the way. The steakhouse and the bar next door in Beulah, WY are very good. The Vore Buffalo Jump is pretty interesting.

If you go into Deadwood, the current saloon #10 is not the original location and not where wild bill was shot. I forget the name of the bar in the correct location but I'm sure Google can find it. The whole town burned down though so none of it is original to that anyway. The midnight star has a bunch of stuff from Costner's movies (costumes, etc.) and is neat to see if you're nearby anyway but probably not worth going just for that. Jake's (restaurant on the third story of the midnight star) is world class fine dining, seriously, but I'm guessing they're fully booked during the rally.

Custer state park is worth a day for sure. Many years ago we spent several hours helping a park ranger get a bull elk untangled from a fence he'd unsuccessfully tried to jump, gave it some water by hand from a Tupperware, etc, only to find once it finally was able to try to stand that it had broken it's leg and had to be shot.
View Quote

Does Aladdin Cafe serve food Aladdin would eat?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:16:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#34]
Originally Posted By WIC:
https://i.imgur.com/Xgr7bzB.jpg

Only thing I am coming up with is engine block heater, but I didn't see anywhere to plug it in.
View Quote
(not sure if one of these is the same as your truck, but I tried)

Looks like there is an outer cover you remove first - driver's side fog light.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#35]

My only balis are a cheapo trainer from Amazon, a "jaguar" cheapo that I got at a pawn shop in Duncan, Oklahoma years ago and a Kershaw lucha with flytanium scales. The Kershaw is by far the nicest of the bunch, but I can't really carry it in a useful way because the flytanium scales don't have a latch or pocket clip.

Your collection is pretty sweet.

I should look into this while we're homeless. Lol
View Quote

Heeey Duncan ok. What a horrible place. Seriously what a shitty place in the middle of humid tornado alley. I lived out of a hotel there for maybe 6 months. The irony is that Halliburton couldn’t find enough people to work for them so my employer charged them $280 an hour for my services. For those that don’t know, Halliburton was founded in Duncan and they have a bunch of business units there even though the hq moved away long ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#36]

I don't have any restrictions on my internet or what I do with my computer. Last night I installed an android ROM to my new phone. I had a tablet a years ago that had internet restrictions on it but I was able to bypass it anyway.
View Quote

I'm iffy on custom ROMs
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Solid advice.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Pro tip - Underwear goes on the inside of your pants.

2nd Pro Tip - Be you. Girls will come....once you get off the compound.

Solid advice.

I have to keep reminding my kid that when you pull up your pants, you’ve got to make sure your shirt isn’t tucked into your underwear.

He’s a pants on the floor pisser. lol. Gotta work on that too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

No oil from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Only thing I am coming up with is engine block heater, but I didn’t see anywhere to plug it in.
View Quote

Def block heater cord. Socket it probably tucked away in some place you'd never look. Or it doesn't have the block heater option but you somehow got the cord for it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm iffy on custom ROMs
View Quote

I'm using GrapheneOS. Very nice. Would recommend if you have a Pixel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Is this innuendo?
View All Quotes

Is this innuendo?

It's in your endo, weiner man.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#42]

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QqHZk7o6Bl8/maxresdefault.jpg

https://dt4mx4y9g2xgx.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/12161824/Block-Heater-GMC-Sierra-1500-102-scaled.jpg
View All Quotes

Only thing I am coming up with is engine block heater, but I didn't see anywhere to plug it in.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QqHZk7o6Bl8/maxresdefault.jpg

https://dt4mx4y9g2xgx.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/12161824/Block-Heater-GMC-Sierra-1500-102-scaled.jpg

In the headlight? WTF!? Now that headlight assembly probably costs an extra $3-400 when you have to replace it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

See? By not using the correct punctuation, you just reinforced your stereotyping.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#44]

As some of you might have noticed, I tend to be a bit of a Luddite.

What's a discord, and am I missing out on some worthwhile extra-arf shenanigans by not being a part of it?(I have received an invite to the group)
View Quote

I can send another if needed
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TheSixShooter:

Thanks! I have a thing for HFB's. I've been trying to branch out a little so I picked up this sea sick micro bushcraft. I'm digging it so far.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249043/20220721_161803_jpg-2469645.JPG
View Quote

Also good looking.

What are the scales made of?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Took it apart to sand the scales to a usable point (especially under the pocket clip) and installed the PB washers and a bronze Grey disc I had around. Mo' betta' already but they literally require micarta IMO. Easy and I didn't have to fight with centering it back up at all.

https://i.imgur.com/hHxWxZG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H4lhPCw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/80po9wl.jpg
View Quote

How did it turn out?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FrozenWinter:

Post in a GD knife thread, read a bit of the last page (jeezus, this thing is ove 2k) and find folk offering dating advice.
*shrugs* Makes sense to me

But very much this.
I didnt meet the women I married until I was 32. She was definitly worth the wait.
Put yourself out there. Be patient, be yourself, be authentic and you'll find her.
If there are things you dont like or want to improve about yourself then work on them.

Lets say you suck at talking to folk in person (no saying you are as I dont know you from Adam). Understandable, I work with one such person. You aint going to get good at it by sitting alone in your house playing Xbox. Get out there and mingle with folk and learn how to interact.
Out of shape? Start working out, might meet someone at the gym.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying be someone else or change who you are but rather strive to be the best version of yourself that you can.
View Quote

You get it . Post knife pics
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

I agree with Star.(nice pic!) Some fiber is way better then others!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/F37-9-21_JPG-2469715.JPG
View Quote

This guy gets it
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

See? By not using the correct punctuation, you just reinforced your stereotyping.
View Quote

F*ck
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Portuguese has an entire alphabet through its nose
Page / 3296
Top Top