BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3291
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Stole this pic from elsewhere. Check out the pivot on this thing! The maker cored out the pivot hole and inlaid the material into the pivot so it aligns with the rest of the scale.

https://i.imgur.com/WPDs69j.png
View Quote

I'm a fan of crazy details
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#2]
Originally Posted By WIC:

IT TASTES LIKE FLOOR CLEANER
View Quote

Many places would do well to clean their floors with gin than some weird lavender April breeze smelling shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Banana bread experiment: replace 1/6 of the flour with whole wheat, 1/6 with almond flour. Added chopped pecans.

Switched knives this afternoon, let the boy choose.

https://i.imgur.com/wIiF566.jpg
View Quote

How'd it turn out? Looks good and almond and banana is a solid pairing
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

How'd it turn out? Looks good and almond and banana is a solid pairing
View Quote

I enjoyed it. Will increase the almond flour next time. Will have to leave out the chopped nuts, though, neither kid liked them in there.

Have a request from the boy for banana cheesecake bars so I think I have a recipe figured out to try that next.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Stole this pic from elsewhere. Check out the pivot on this thing! The maker cored out the pivot hole and inlaid the material into the pivot so it aligns with the rest of the scale.

View Quote

Attention to detail, very nice!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:
Taco night https://i.imgur.com/LJyayLY.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking slicer and good eats.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

This comment and the color composition of your photographs are the reason you rock.
I'm sure you rock for other reasons as well, but you absolutely rock for these reasons.
View Quote

do you put lipstick on before you pucker up and kiss ass like that?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Looks like a great weather day. 41 and partly sunny. Most of the Friday/Saturday storm is melted from the street already.
Will be out visiting today and have a lunch date with friends. Coffee tonight out in the man cave with my buddy. Proper retireing I must say.
Will have not for sale blue with me.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/carry3-6-23_JPG-2735838.JPG
View Quote

Proper retirementing indeed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
I started giving knives to my soldiers many years ago as “impact awards”. Also, I’ve always felt that a hand made gift is more meaningful than something from Walmart somI just combined the two. I’ve been giving one to youth I work with in Scouting when the reach Eagle Scout
View Quote

That's really damn cool.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

It's one of those tiny details that really stands out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
We found what I believe is what's left of a fox or small coyote on a walk today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
We found what I believe is what's left of a fox or small coyote on a walk today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG5317_JPG-2736600.JPG
View Quote

Since we're apparently starting a new trend here, I'm going to have to go find some dead animals to take knife pics with. Would roadkill count?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
For the second time in a couple weeks the Neon has opened in my pocket! Scary when you put your hand in and feel the blade! Took it apart and cleaned it today to see if pocket lint was in the détente hole. Didn't see anything. Put it back together and will try it out carefully. I did notice two of the bearings seem off color than the rest. Strange!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I found the neighbor's cat in our back yard. Didn't think to grab a knife pic.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Not yet.
View Quote

well let me tell you...

They had this ham at the breakfast buffet at the hotel that was kinda like canadian bacon, but not quite, it was always dry. On the second to last day there, when I get to the bucket of meat and I am debating the shoe leather, I see there is a pool of juices collected in the middle of everything, so I carefully take the tongs, scope out the juiciest looking piece, gingerly pick it up so as not to disturb the other pieces around it, look around to make sure I am not holding up the line or being watched, and then just start sloshing the meat around in the juicy pool. Dunkadunkadunk. Like a dog in a bathtub, sloshing around.

Some lady starts coming down the other side of the buffet table. She is not looking at me directly, but I'm sure she is looking at me out of the corner of her eye and thinking who let this nut job in, and I am not touching that ham after he has been in there. Sensing her discomfort, I stop sloshing around and raise the tongs to get the drippy slab of meat over to my plate which I have brought over to the bucket so as not to drip on anything like any civilized person would do.

Somehow, in the few inches of space from the bottom of my plate to the top of the bucket, the meat slips from the tongs and on a diagonal trajectory slides between the plate and the top of the bucket to land with a resounding splat on the table in front of me, squirting juices everywhere on my side of the table, just as the woman arrives at the meat bucket on the other side of the table.

I am scrambling to pick the meat up but it is slippery and kinda adhering to the table, so I have multiple failed attempts, all while the woman across from me is trying her best, and not succeeding, to stifle her laughter.

Fast forward to later that morning, we are on the trolley coming back from the cemeteries, and being the observant guy I am, I see that the wooden bench seat on the trolley has what looks like a fancy hinge at the point where the backrest meets the seat.

interesting. wonder why. what's underneath. is that where they hide the clowns. so many questions. one way to find out.

so I lean over from my seat to the bench across from me and slowly pick up the front of the seat. It rises about an inch before the whole damn bench top goes flying out the back and onto the floor with a loud crash.

I did not have a lot of time to carefully analyze what was under there, looked like more metal and little round pegs for holding the bench seat in place without actually latching it down (why not latch it down), because I was scrambling to pick it up and put it back as my wife is dying of embarrassment next to me and the woman across from us is trying to contain her laughter and stares and failing miserably in bursts. Her reaction was gif worthy it was so animated.

After getting the bench seat back on there I sat down quietly and kept my hands to myself for the rest of the trip.

I did figure out later that it was not a hinge, the seat back pivots from one side to the other so you can change the seating position to face the direction the trolley is going.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By reb0957:
Did you enjoy it?
View Quote

my sammich was good, fries were good, riverside beer was good. it was good.

I think overall NOLA probably shines for seafood which is something I am not able to appreciate. My wife enjoyed her seafood and the bloody mary she got there though, and I am all about keeping her happy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#17]
For the second time in a couple weeks the Neon has opened in my pocket! Scary when you put your hand in and feel the blade! Took it apart and cleaned it today to see if pocket lint was in the détente hole. Didn't see anything. Put it back together and will try it out carefully. I did notice two of the bearings seem off color than the rest. Strange!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_4191_JPG-2736625.JPG
View Quote

Yeah that's not ideal for sure.

Were the bearings still discolored after cleaning? Not rusty I hope.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
I started giving knives to my soldiers many years ago as “impact awards”. Also, I’ve always felt that a hand made gift is more meaningful than something from Walmart somI just combined the two. I’ve been giving one to youth I work with in Scouting when the reach Eagle Scout
View Quote

nice
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Since we're apparently starting a new trend here, I'm going to have to go find some dead animals to take knife pics with. Would roadkill count?
View Quote

damn it, I missed my chance with Rachel the 'possum.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]

well let me tell you...

They had this ham at the breakfast buffet at the hotel that was kinda like canadian bacon, but not quite, it was always dry. On the second to last day there, when I get to the bucket of meat and I am debating the shoe leather, I see there is a pool of juices collected in the middle of everything, so I carefully take the tongs, scope out the juiciest looking piece, gingerly pick it up so as not to disturb the other pieces around it, look around to make sure I am not holding up the line or being watched, and then just start sloshing the meat around in the juicy pool. Dunkadunkadunk. Like a dog in a bathtub, sloshing around.

Some lady starts coming down the other side of the buffet table. She is not looking at me directly, but I'm sure she is looking at me out of the corner of her eye and thinking who let this nut job in, and I am not touching that ham after he has been in there. Sensing her discomfort, I stop sloshing around and raise the tongs to get the drippy slab of meat over to my plate which I have brought over to the bucket so as not to drip on anything like any civilized person would do.

Somehow, in the few inches of space from the bottom of my plate to the top of the bucket, the meat slips from the tongs and on a diagonal trajectory slides between the plate and the top of the bucket to land with a resounding splat on the table in front of me, squirting juices everywhere on my side of the table, just as the woman arrives at the meat bucket on the other side of the table.

I am scrambling to pick the meat up but it is slippery and kinda adhering to the table, so I have multiple failed attempts, all while the woman across from me is trying her best, and not succeeding, to stifle her laughter.

Fast forward to later that morning, we are on the trolley coming back from the cemeteries, and being the observant guy I am, I see that the wooden bench seat on the trolley has what looks like a fancy hinge at the point where the backrest meets the seat.

interesting. wonder why. what's underneath. is that where they hide the clowns. so many questions. one way to find out.

so I lean over from my seat to the bench across from me and slowly pick up the front of the seat. It rises about an inch before the whole damn bench top goes flying out the back and onto the floor with a loud crash.

I did not have a lot of time to carefully analyze what was under there, looked like more metal and little round pegs for holding the bench seat in place without actually latching it down (why not latch it down), because I was scrambling to pick it up and put it back as my wife is dying of embarrassment next to me and the woman across from us is trying to contain her laughter and stares and failing miserably in bursts. Her reaction was gif worthy it was so animated.

After getting the bench seat back on there I sat down quietly and kept my hands to myself for the rest of the trip.

I did figure out later that it was not a hinge, the seat back pivots from one side to the other so you can change the seating position to face the direction the trolley is going.
View Quote

LMAO this all sounds like shit that I would do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

see, this is why all knives should be tip down only carry
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#22]

see, this is why all knives should be tip down only carry
View Quote

Right?

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Roadkill pics get bonus points. Lol

well let me tell you...

View Quote

That sounds like something I'd do, both the breakfast mess and taking the trolley apart.

When we stayed at the best western in Oklahoma recently, I managed to spill their waffle batter all over the dispenser and counter because I just set the cup down and hit the button. It shot out of the dispenser, knocked the cup over and spilled all over the counter in about a second and a half.  My kid was super embarrassed while I was cleaning it up. Lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#24]

well let me tell you...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not yet.

well let me tell you...

Can't take you anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:54:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#25]

View Quote

They didn't clean up so yes I think they are rusty. The Neon rides loose in my pocket not clipped.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:57:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#26]
They didn't clean up so yes I think they are rusty. The Neon rides loose in my pocket not clipped.
View Quote

Bearings, loose in pocket? That's a hard pass for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxxII] [#27]

View All Quotes

This comment and the color composition of your photographs are the reason you rock.
I'm sure you rock for other reasons as well, but you absolutely rock for these reasons.

No use trying to kiss ass when WIC is already under the desk playing "smiles" and working for the happy ending.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#28]
*awkward
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]

*awkward
View All Quotes

No use trying to kiss ass when you're already under the desk playing "smiles" and working for the happy ending.

*awkward

Allow me to clarify since you're being deliberately obtuse:

There is no use trying to kiss ass when WIC is already under the desk playing "smiles" and working for the happy ending.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#32]

I'm a fan of crazy details
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#34]

I enjoyed it. Will increase the almond flour next time. Will have to leave out the chopped nuts, though, neither kid liked them in there.

Have a request from the boy for banana cheesecake bars so I think I have a recipe figured out to try that next.
View Quote

Maybe silvered almonds.

That could be tasty.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Lighting fits too.

That's pretty cool
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Key questions
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

That's weird. My Neon has a pretty snappy detent.

Like rusted?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Allow me to clarify since you're being deliberately obtuse:

There is no use trying to kiss ass when WIC is already under the desk playing "smiles" and working for the happy ending.
View Quote

projecting again I see

you silly leprechaun
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#39]

well let me tell you...

View All Quotes

Not yet.

well let me tell you...

The only thing better would have been if it was the same lady.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Not to distract from MaxxII's inappropriate behavior, but serious question.

Power bank: need one.

I know nothing about them.

We will need one for 3-4 devices. Two ipads and two cell phones for brief power ups. i.e. we will be traveling by car, may not have enough power outlets in the rental, want to be sure we have a back up with us. I would think we shouldn't need to use it more than once a day, can recharge everything at night at the hotels. Do these things work for laptops? Maybe that is the bigger concern. Don't want a huge power bank though.

Saw this one in a quick search, number of things I like about it feature wise, but since I am a noob, not sure if it is missing features I should be looking for or if the power output is sufficient.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

MaxxII, which one do you use for your vibrator? That probably consumes massive amounts of power.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sywagon:

View Quote

It was not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#42]

We will need one for 3-4 devices. Two ipads and two cell phones for brief power ups. i.e. we will be traveling by car, may not have enough power outlets in the rental, want to be sure we have a back up with us. I would think we shouldn't need to use it more than once a day, can recharge everything at night at the hotels. Do these things work for laptops? Maybe that is the bigger concern. Don't want a huge power bank though.

Saw this one in a quick search, number of things I like about it feature wise, but since I am a noob, not sure if it is missing features I should be looking for or if the power output is sufficient.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

MaxxII, which one do you use for your vibrator? That probably consumes massive amounts of power.
View Quote

I have one of those NOCO jump packs that can also double as a power pack. Never tried it in that manner though, but may be worth looking into. Plus, you'll also have jump-start capabilities.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Thoughts? Suggestions?

View Quote

Gas powered.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#44]

View All Quotes

My 0640 got me like that - put it down in my pocket with some other stuff to do a presentation, reached in and got poked a tiny bit by something. I realized what happened and tried to just close it but the tip snagged in the pocket material so I had to reach over with the other hand and stabilize things. Luckily there is a counter in the front of that room I was behind but it was still a pretty strange looking thing to have to do. Then a little bit later I noticed I was bleeding on the mouse pad and got lucky there were some napkins in the drawer. At that point it required some explanation so I just said "something in my pocket poked me" and carried on with the presentation holding the napkin on it. Luckily just a tiny nick so I didn't make any more of a mess. Presumably the disk caught on something else in my pocket as I've never had something happen like that before. Detent feels fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Maybe silvered almonds.

That could be tasty.
View Quote

That would be outstanding IMO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sywagon:

View Quote

I was half expecting that to be the case. Would have been perfect!

WIC, next time you tell this story, have it be the same lady.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/iCgmL2g.jpg
View Quote
That all looks amazing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I have one of those NOCO jump packs that can also double as a power pack. Never tried it in that manner though, but may be worth looking into. Plus, you'll also have jump-start capabilities.
View Quote

Intgeresting. at 2.5 pounds, seems hefty for that size. Wonder if TSA would stop me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

TSA would definitely stop me.
Page / 3291
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top